Season 5 Rachel and Thomas

Jaimie

Retired
During yesterday's episode, we got to see both Thomas and Rachel on screen for the first time [at least their first actual part in the show, not a quick glimpse.] During which, I was stuck by the fact that I kinda like them together. Of course S/V shippers are pissed because they think that Rachel and Thomas are replacements and that the writers are trying to "replace soul mates," but honestly, I think they were great together. They don't have to be soul mates or whatever, but what's wrong with some casual dating. I think they have the chemistry to pull it off. Besides, I think Thomas was quite taken with her. And then once he found out she wasn't a baddie, he seemed a little more so. And when Peyton said that Thomas isn't Rachel's type, Rachel gave a weird look, which could have to do with the fact she knew about what was really going on or it could do with Rachel actually having a bit of a crush on him. And after Thomas got back in the car he said, "What does she mean by not her type?" I think it'd be interesting for him to try to show he is her type. Either way, I'd like to have them get together. It would be interesting. Also because I don't want Thomas to be a loner or a "jerk" or whatnot. I'd like to see him be a loner and cold and standoffish, sorta like how Jack is, but to really like her and to try to change that, sorta like Jack with Irina before he knew she was a spy.

Anyways, what does everyone else think about them and any future relationship?

I don't think she's gay. I think she's straight, but I think Peyton was probably one of those people who say "oh they're not your type" when they don't even know your type, they just want him for themselves...

In her 20 sec of screen time in Prophet Five I hated Rachel! Mostly because she helped Dean murder Vaughn. :cry: I still don't really like her and was a little bored with the whole repeating S1 storyline. But I love Grace, and I'd rather see him with Rachel than with Sydney (n) (Baby got a daddy and don't need a new one!) I don't know, maybe Rachel will grow on me...

Thomas and Rachel could be cute together! But if they start dating and making out in the hallways at APO it would remind Sydney of her and Vaughn. And that would be really hard for her...

I would like to see Rachel and Thomas have a love/hate relationship - I don't want to see them fall in love the way Syd and Vaughn did. I think it could be alot of fun if they had a Dave and Maddy realtionship (Moonlighting reference...old tv show with Bruce Willias and Cybil Shepard for those who are too young to remember.)

Back