Karolina Kurkova as Cover Girl
Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow
Marlon Wayans as Ripcord
Channing Tatum as Duke Hauser
Dennis Quaid as General Hawk

Release Date: August 7th, 2009 (wide)

Distributors: Paramount Pictures

Studios: Paramount Pictures

I just stumbled across that news on the Internet Movie Database. I didn't know that they were going to make a big screen version of the 1980s action/adventure cartoon.

Rachel's part is as one of the main team members of the 'Joes'. I bet she'll cat-fight with Sienna Miller's characer 'The Baroness'. :D

The IMDB lists Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cobra Commander, the leader of the bad-guys. I worry about that casting. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was the long-haired kid on 'Third Rock From The Sun'.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

What's the Story:
Duke and Ripcord are two specially trained military operatives who join an elite international team called "G.I. Joe." This highly-skilled unit works under the radar, answers to no one, uses the latest in ultra-high-tech equipment, and does not accept failure as an option. Their current assignment will take them all over the world as they go head-to-head with an infamous arms dealer known as Destro and learn the dark truths behind the ominous new organization known only as "Cobra."

The movie will premiere August 7th, 2009 ... Yeah! Can't wait to see it!

Check-Out Yahoo! Movie Page for the movie, with pictures and videos: http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/gi-j...obra/1809993532

Ooh, I didn't know she was cast for the G.I. Joe movie! Well, guess what I'm going to go see when it comes out! She is really rockin' that leather body suit there.

And yeah, she'll probably catfight with the Baroness. I'll be shocked if she didn't.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Rachel Nichols was very good in this movie. She was one of the main characters and got good onscreen time.

She played G.I. Joe Operative "Scarlett" O'Hara, a seriously fit & able fighter, and a genius as well.
wub.gif

Her weapon of choice was a Hi-Tec crossbow pistol.
cool.gif

In the movie, Scarlett was the hard-to-get love interest of operative "Ripcord" played by Marlon Wayans.

Rachel's fight scenes as "Scarlett" against "The Baroness" was very well done - it was reminiscent of Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow. Once I saw Shauna Duggin's name in the end credits, I figured out that she must have been Rachel's stunt double.

I can imagine that Shauna worked with and trained Rachel in fight scenes during Season 5 of Alias. Then when Rachel needed to have a stunt double, she'd naturally want to recommend Shauna for the job. Can anyone confirm that?

Back