Season 5 Rachel

Yep, so that's 7 years worth of good guys who may have been killed by Syd. I do know that Rachel has a friend that she lives with who doesn't know she's s a spy. Which reminds me of Sydney and Francie in Season 1 where she has to make excuses. Just like in last weeks episode she's at the table having fun then she gets a call from Dean and has to lie to her friends about why she's leaving. If that doesn't sound like Sydney to Will and Francie, then I don't know what does.

Yep, so that's 7 years worth of good guys who may have been killed by Syd. I do know that Rachel has a friend that she lives with who doesn't know she's s a spy. Which reminds me of Sydney and Francie in Season 1 where she has to make excuses. Just like in last weeks episode she's at the table having fun then she gets a call from Dean and has to lie to her friends about why she's leaving. If that doesn't sound like Sydney to Will and Francie, then I don't know what does.
This actually what annoys people. We have seen this done before. I think that some people, including myself, feel that the writers could have come up with something more creative than just repeating what happened to Sydney. I'm doing my best to give Rachel a chance but the writers aren't helping me with this task. I am at least interested in the other two newbies, Renee and Thomas. So far, nothing the writers has done has left me interested in what is going on with Rachel. It feels like the writers are simply trying to make her into a Syd clone. If they want me to get onboard with Rachel they are going to have to start making some major distinctions between Rachel and Syd very soon.

As far does she sleep with Sark, who knows? Based on what Kristin what wrote it certainly sounds like that. But I guess it's possible that Sark sleeps with Renee. But Renee strikes me as the type that would laugh in Sark's face if he propositioned her and I don't see her as the seductress type. Now, if Rachel does sleep with Sark it doesn't mean that she is evil. For example, she may sleep with him in exchange for information. Kristin didn't say that she enjoys it.

I can't watch this show anymore......... I hate the new girl and guy (Getty) and as far as Michael Vartan goes, the loss of him to the show is a great one and a huge disappointment. I have invested four years into this series waiting to see true love win out and see Sydney find happiness and the possibility of a normal life. Now I'm left with the better sweetness of Sydney's character getting half a package. Once again she is left to the cold reality of losing a major love, if not her true sole mate.......... This sucks beyond anything I've ever had the misfortune to watch on television. If I wanted to see the bitter sweetness of life all I have to do is watch the News and look at "real life" going on around me. I don't want reality in my fantasy, zone out the world, T.V. time. I am highly disappointed in ABC, Disney, Touchstone Television & Bad Robot. The idea that they would even entertain the notion of killing off such a "LOVED" and "Major" character is ridiculous. I know my little television doesn't count for mucn in the grand scheme of the Nelson Ratings Game, but it certainly will be tuned into ANOTHER channel when Alias is on. I will be watching a station that has much more respect for its actors and fans.

If it is true that Rachel is working for the bad guys, living with a best friend who doesn't know she is a spy, and goes off to fight for the good guys, that may be the last straw. If you combine that with the fact that Syd's fiance died, then we have exactly the same stories that started the first season. They have a whole Alias world to play with, and this is the only thing they could recycle? And, did it ever occur to anyone to have the MALE agent be the one working for the bad guys, not knowing it.

If this is the storyline, then that is just lazy. It is frustrating.

Thanks for letting me rant! :angry:

This actually what annoys people. We have seen this done before. I think that some people, including myself, feel that the writers could have come up with something more creative than just repeating what happened to Sydney.

What creative thing do you have in mind? Try to turn her when she already knew she was doing evil work? I'm just saying its hard enough for even the fans to come up with something worthwhile to bring Rachel into the mix. With having Syd deal with someone going through the same felgercarb she had once gone through, she sees a whole different perspective of what being a double, what having a double life meant. She saw it personally. Now she will get to see how it affects someone else. She is essentially in the same position Vaughn was with her. And I think thats important to Syd's story too.

I can't watch this show anymore......... I hate the new girl and guy (Getty) and as far as Michael Vartan goes, the loss of him to the show is a great one and a huge disappointment. I have invested four years into this series waiting to see true love win out and see Sydney find happiness and the possibility of a normal life. Now I'm left with the better sweetness of Sydney's character getting half a package. Once again she is left to the cold reality of losing a major love, if not her true sole mate.......... This sucks beyond anything I've ever had the misfortune to watch on television. If I wanted to see the bitter sweetness of life all I have to do is watch the News and look at "real life" going on around me. I don't want reality in my fantasy, zone out the world, T.V. time. I am highly disappointed in ABC, Disney, Touchstone Television & Bad Robot. The idea that they would even entertain the notion of killing off such a "LOVED" and "Major" character is ridiculous. I know my little television doesn't count for mucn in the grand scheme of the Nelson Ratings Game, but it certainly will be tuned into ANOTHER channel when Alias is on. I will be watching a station that has much more respect for its actors and fans.

Why do you hate them already? What have they done? And don't call them a replacement because they aren't replacing anyone. MV can come back at anytime, so they aren't replacing him. How can you hate a character when they've said maybe 5 lines total? Besides, they're a new character. Everyone did this about Melissa George. If Alias didn't introduce new characters, it'd suck. New characters and plotlines are why I keep watching.

What creative thing do you have in mind? Try to turn her when she already knew she was doing evil work? I'm just saying its hard enough for even the fans to come up with something worthwhile to bring Rachel into the mix. With having Syd deal with someone going through the same felgercarb she had once gone through, she sees a whole different perspective of what being a double, what having a double life meant. She saw it personally. Now she will get to see how it affects someone else. She is essentially in the same position Vaughn was with her. And I think thats important to Syd's story too.

i agree 100%. It will be interesting for Syd to see what Vaughn had to deal with. remember how mean she was to him. She thought he was an idiot.

10/11 - I just heard that Sarkie-poo is coming back in the first half of the season and will be knocking boots with a MAIN character. He'll appear in episode 8. Rachel Nichols' character ALSO will be knocking boots. Source: Kristin on E!Online

Sark has sex with someone and so does Rachel. Doesn't mean they're having sex together. Especially because they don't say when Rachel has sex :rolleyes:

ohhh hahaaha ok then, hmm... i won't really be suprised if it's Renee ;) i can see that happening... now i dunno about Rachel hooking up with someone, maybe the new guy agent :eek: :lol: awww poor syd, everyone's having spysex but her ;) :lol:

ohhh hahaaha ok then, hmm... i won't really be suprised if it's Renee ;) i can see that happening... now i dunno about Rachel hooking up with someone, maybe the new guy agent :eek: :lol: awww poor syd, everyone's having spysex but her ;) :lol:

Syd could have spysex with Sark. That kiss was pretty steamy last year :woot:

Whoa, It turned into a debate. Kind of. Regarding Rachel and her potential evilness, I think the BIGGEST TWIST would be she is not evil. Everyone turns out to be evil(almost).

I will make a list.

The people who we thought were good, then, were evil
Lauren
Olivia Reed
Francie(sort of)
Sloane(is he good or bad?)
Noah Hicks
Irina(maybe)

This might top the dead spouse/fiancee list
Vaughn (n) sob
Danny
Diane Dixon
Emily Sloane
Lauren
Irina(maybe)

Nope, they are even, but while I am in the mood,

The dead, but not really list
Francie
Sydney
Emily Sloane
Irina
Nadia(the coma)
Bill Vaughn(or so we thought)

Wow, talk about repeating plot lines JJ. But, I still love you. :blush:

Aww, I think I'm gonna give her a chance. She could be good.

Based on what I've seen from the AOL promo clip, it looks like they catch Rachel as an enemy during a mission. Now if she joined APO after being caught, she must have said something that would make her innocent. Like, she was a double agent for that other guy and really works for the CIA!

I would like her whether she's evil or good. I learned from season four that I would much rather one/ a few big evil characters than a bunch of easy-to-beat little ones.

I'm not mad at her for killing Vaughn because well... I kinda wanted him to *stops typing*. :run:

I like her AT THE MOMENT
The second im sure she is like totally evil i'll hate her

hehehe

Actually i like bad guys coz what would the show be without them

I like her AT THE MOMENT
The second im sure she is like totally evil i'll hate her

hehehe

Actually i like bad guys coz what would the show be without them?

The show would be like 7th Heaven without the bad guys.(no offense to 7th heaven fans) but you have to hate the bad guy,(except Sark) it is the whole point! After you found out Lauren was evil, didnt you hate her?
I don't want her to be Lauren! That would be annoying.

The show would be like 7th Heaven without the bad guys.(no offense to 7th heaven fans) but you have to hate the bad guy,(except Sark) it is the whole point! After you found out Lauren was evil, didnt you hate her?
I don't want her to be Lauren! That would be annoying.

Well yes i did hate Lauren but thats only becuase Melissa George will always be Angel to me hehe (I LOVED ANGEL)

Anyway!!
I love bad guys!!!! except vaughn (HOT HOT HOT) bad guys rule and good guys suck

I hope Rachel is evil. It will make he character soo much better :D

*rant warning*

God. I hate Rachel. So. Bad.

I don't really care if she's good or not, the writers are just trying to make a Sydney clone to carry on the show.

I like *real* Syd, thank you very much.

Grrr.

*rant finished*

*rant warning*

God. I hate Rachel. So. Bad.

I don't really care if she's good or not, the writers are just trying to make a Sydney clone to carry on the show.

I like *real* Syd, thank you very much.

Grrr.

*rant finished*

How is she a Sydney clone? She isn't even field rated. :blink: Yeah, her character went through the same thing Sydney did, but that guy must have read about SD-6 and got the idea from there probably thinking no one would believe it'd happen again. Anyways, I honestly don't see her having anything in common with sydney except that they were both decieved by their employers. And hell, if that is the case, I'm a Sydney-clone too!

While i wont like the show till Vaughn is back i do like her. And i think its good Sydney has a roommate. Shes pregnant and went through all these loses of people around her (Vaughn, Nadia, her moms gone again etc.) Having someone around to help and comfort her is a good idea. It'll also give syndey some more screen time, the new people have been pushing her out of the light a bit.

Maybe Sark is having sex with..........are you ready?? OLIVIA REED!!!! They have history and she is
coming back this season according to the spoilers. Hows that for a theory?

Back