Sci-Fi Radius (2017)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Radius

Tagline: Don't get too close

Genre: Thriller, Drama, Horror

Director: Steeve Léonard, Caroline Labrèche

Cast: Diego Klattenhoff, Charlotte Sullivan, Brett Donahue, Bradley Sawatzky, Nazariy Demkowicz, Andrea del Campo, Kristen Sawatzky, Darren Felbel, Shannon Guile, Rick Skene, Terry Ray, Joe Cobden, Alicia Johnston, Garth Merkeley, Trevor Kristjanson, Dennis Nicomede, Bruce Dinsmore, Cory Wojcik, Sean Skene, Darren Ross, Robert Borges, Andrea Houssin, Mel Marginet, Julianne Jain, Elizabeth Neale, BJ Verot

Release: 2017-07-17

Runtime: 93

Plot: Liam wakes from a car crash with no memory of who he is. As he makes his way into town to look for help, he finds only dead bodies, all with strange pale eyes. Liam's first assessment is that a virus is present in the air, but he soon discovers the horrible truth: anyone who comes within a 50-foot radius of him dies instantly.
Radius (2017)

I Loved this film for the concept but the twist and the ending were predictable.
I would have liked it better if it had an abduction scenario included but what they used was still, science fiction. Basically, a circle of death around you unless the other component is within that circle.

Now, technically, they failed miserably in depicting the zone of death effects.
If it truly was a zone of death, it would have also affected plants because they are alive too.
Still the effects were enough for the movie and the point. So, birds and people and farm animals are toast but bushes and grass is safe.

I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars just for the concept and the production values.
Would have been a 5 of 5 if they had done better on the ending and used a different twist.
This movie is certainly worth watching, especially for science fiction fans.

This would be a seriously demented (dark universe type) concept for a set of X-Men twins.