Season 4 Rambaldi Endgame

DSR<O>

Cadet
I now have a rudimentary theory on the Rambaldi endgame. Throughout the series, and especially in this season, there has been a preoccupation by the various players/factions with recovering dangerous chemicals and bioweapons. Could it be that the whole Rambaldi mystery revolves around biochemical weapons/engineering? This latest development seems to support the idea that Rambaldi's endgame is about world domination, for better or for worse. Consider that the Orchid chemicals made the bees calm and passive, but, under the influence of the Mueller device caused the bees to become aggressive. Suppose this aggressiveness was merely the desired result of the person possessing the Mueller device?

I theorize that the Mueller device could actually be a central control device for commanding all those subjects that have been bioengineered with the Orchid chemicals, i.e. all those who drank the tainted water supply. These subjects could then be directed to display passivity, aggression, love, hate, or whatever the controller wishes. Obviously, the bigger the Mueller device, the more subjects it can simultaneously control. Hence the construction of the giant version of the red ball. But something more is required to truly harness Rambaldi's creation...possibly the Sphere of Life, which the Chosen and the Passenger will battle over. It could be that the red liquid ball is merely a faulty substitute for the real object that is supposed to be inside the Circumference, i.e. the Sphere.

The message of "peace" revealed by the Telling could refer to Rambaldi's intention to bring world peace by bioengineering the population to be passive. To say the least, it has the potential to save the world, or be subverted to destroy humanity, depending on who is at the helm. Such powerful technology may prove to be too great a temptation. Imagine the consequences of having a 400 million+ army under one person's control. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Thus the need for the Order of Rambaldi, as Giovanni Donato described: "The magnific order of Rambaldi. Rambaldi's most loyal followers entrusted with safeguarding his creations. Sadly, like most things that once were pure, criminals now use this symbol to infiltrate the order." Criminals like Anna Espinosa, Sark, the Derevkos, the Covenant, and last but not least, Sloane.

Interesting, how it all comes down to the very first Rambaldi artifact that appeared on the show and started this whole "ball" rolling: the Circumference.

^^That's great. I agree with you about the message of peace that Sloane got from the Telling. I was thinking last night about the "world domination or genocide versus world peace depending on who was in control" concept. Obviously, Elena would want world domination. I really do think that Sloane was trying to establish world peace, but it's such a great temptation. I don't know if he's strong enough to withstand it.

^^Cool theory. So how do you think Syd and Nadia end up on opposite sides...if indeed the prophecy comes true. Could it be that Nadia buys into a kinder human race and Sydney fights for free will? But it would take both "Sophia and Sloane" to convince Nadia that the plan to "mutate" a kinder human race was a good one I would think. I wonder how many of these questions/speculations will be addressed in our last 3 hours of Alias this season? :thinking:

wow interesting theories guys :smiley:

anna - i am still not sure whether to believe sloane really wanted world peace - he just killed so many to achieve it.............but i would find this a believable way of making him a good guy again, by convincing us that this was his battle all along.........which is interesting in itself cos I ener thought I would ever see him being convincingly changed to a good guy.

nice theory guys ... (y)

and it seems now that after all ... "It All Connects" ... ;)

the temptation is high for those who want to achieve world peace, but to those who know that they can be the ONLY one giving orders ... thats a great temptation too ... ;)

I think it more likely that Nadia and Syd end up on opposite sides of a fight because Sloane returns to his Rambaldi obsession and carries Nadia along with it. That, I think, would be a *very* interesting storyline to see. Nadia has shown a certain willingness to tolerate her father's obsession with Rambaldi; whereas Syd comes down hard on her father anytime she thinks he's doing something he shouldn't.

And after all Nadia experienced Rambaldi in a way that Syd never did; Nadia was the one drugged up and writing Rambaldi's words at the end of season 3. I could see her being persuaded to help her father pursue is Rambaldi obsession partly out of love for him and partly out of half-belief in Rambaldi.

I think there's another Rambaldi artifact that's important to the endgame: the parchment that Sloane read, which said "peace". (Incidentally, remember that Irina means "peace" so it could have said "Irina" and Sloane wouldn't have been lying.) I seriously doubt that Sloane destroyed it. And why were there so many feet of blank parchment? It wouldn't be the first time Rambaldi's used invisible ink!

The other thing to remember about Nadia is that she was raised by Elena. So Elena probably has some sort of control over her. So in the end, Nadia may end up fighting Sydney for what Elena believes....I obviously don't have it figured out, but some how, I think there is going to be more of a Nadia/Elena connection.

Well...

Wooohooo!!! Was I right or was I right? As far as it goes anyway. Yet at the same time, I know there is bound to be much more to it than this. :Ph34r:

Back