Season 2 Rambaldi....

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
I don't know how to say this, but I'm not sure how I feel about the whole Rambaldi storyline. Yes, it's fascinating, but I'm a little emotionally and intellectually exhausted from it. I'm almost ready for it to be wrapped up so that new storyline possibilities can be opened up for next season.

Do you think the Rambaldi story is so central to Alias that it'll be around as long as the show is? Or will it eventually end and lead to something completely different next season? Do you guys even want it to end? I'm just wondering if anybody else is as "iffy" about it as I am.

(And please, if you know from spoilers what's going to happen, don't say it here! :smiley: )

Hmm... well, I think Rambaldi is very important and they just made it last a lot longer in this episode. But, of course, in Alias anything can happen as I predicted SD-6 - and S/V tension would live on till the end of Alias. Now, SD-6 is gone and S/V are in a full relationship.

Whenever Rambaldi ends, I'm hoping it isn't cheesy because they've hyped it so much. It better be big. It better be good.

i agree, it must be a grand entrance and a grand exit!!! with the rambaldi issue but u know 47 will always be a part of alias (wait considering the <O> is in the opening it might never leave)

You got that right! I'm on post #900 now. 100 more and I'll move up in rank, yay!

Why don't they use that Rambaldi, or whatever it is, microwaving machine to kill more people. I know, Sydney could get it and fry Sloane to death. Yay! Also, how about if Irena goes one on one with Vaughn. Then says, I am your mother. J/k, lol.
kylo4

Why don't you check out the topic, 47, where it mentions and refers to all the appearances and mentions of the #47 in Alias.
kylo4

It's definitely treated as a long-term element. See how technology that they capture is set aside and "forgotten"? I don't think that the writers have forgotten these things, but are waiting for us to only to surprise us by bringing them in later on.
;)

I like the Rambaldi storyline, and it'll definitely be long-term and gradual. I just hope it doesn't get too sci-fi. evilFrancie was enough. :P

This Rambaldi business is driving me nuts. It would have been a nifty idea; but instead of building a cohesive story out of it, the writers just seem to be making it up as they go along.

verdantheart said:
It's definitely treated as a long-term element. See how technology that they capture is set aside and "forgotten"? I don't think that the writers have forgotten these things, but are waiting for us to only to surprise us by bringing them in later on.
;)
hmm...i hope you're right vh, and they haven't truly forgotten about all that old technology and whatnot. the alias writers are some of the smartest writers in television at the moment, but with so many things up in the air, things can easily slip through the cracks.

azalea - i agree with you. i loved the rambaldi idea in the very beginning (especially when the syd/irina prophecy was revealed) but now i'm starting to feel a bit ambivalent about it. of course, i am also a tad impatient - i just want to know what it all means!! :P and charlie was right - we all thought (well, i did, at least) that sd-6 would be around forever, but it was destroyed in one episode.

although i don't know if i want the rambaldi storyline completely gone or not. i like it but not with such a heavy emphasis. he's been mentioned in practically every episode this season. maybe the writers could just ease up on it a bit. ^_^

Well, I don't know that I thought that SD-6 would "be around forever." I thought that Rambaldi and Irina were the more important long-term themes. This is why I would be disappointed to see the Irina story wrapped up quickly. It has unfolded too slowly to wrap up in a couple of episodes. We need angst!
;)

so do you think rambaldi and irina are connected and getting rid of one would get rid of the other?

the difference between those two themes is that we've been hit over the head with all the rambaldi storylines while irina's theme seems to be progressing in a more subtle way.

Back