Ramen Noodles Inventor Dies

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Just about everyone I know over the age of 20 has at one point or another lived on Ramen Noodles at some point in their life. Heck, I still eat some Ramen on days when I'm busy at the office but want something warm to snack on. Add some hot water, let them sit for a few minutes, and lunch is ready!:cool:

With that it is sad to say that Momofuku Ando, the inventor of the instant noodles that have fed a number of generations has died at the age of 96 after a heart attack. :(

Born in Taiwan to Japanese parents Ando was determined to come up with a solution for the food shortages in post-World War II Japan. His solution was the low-cost and easy to prepare dehydrated noodles.

"Chicken Ramen" was released in 1958 with more flavors to follow. In 1971 the "Cup Noodle" was introduced after the success of the original Ramen products.

Well that sucks. At least he lived a full life. I am another of the ones that still eat Ramen to this day. It was a big snack in the Marine Corps and at the fraternity house. Boy it sure mixed good after a long drinking spell. LOL

Back