Random Questions

m<o>j

Cadet
...so someone should be able to help you!

Baisicly, a thread to get information. Sure, you could use a search engine...but sometimes you just want a proper answer, right?

Jai :rain:

why is the sky blue? :blink:
no i'm serious
WHY IS IT BLUE?
i mean blue is an awesome colour
but just...

:blink:

its one of those the sky is blue because it reflects the ocean and the ocean is blue because it reflects the sky things isnt it? :lol:

someone who thought they were funny :P

okay this is a stupid question... why exactly does the iron in our blood not rust? i mean, there is oxygen and water in our blood... and iron...so why doesn't the iron rust? :blink:

Hmmm...interesting question...hmmm...maybe it needs to be exposed to air as well as oxegen...hmmm...but don'tya need moisture as well...hmmm. I'll try and ask my science teacher tomorrow...hmmmmmmmmmmm

What is that thing when you randomly rall to sleep called again?

Jai

SkyGirl5 said:
its one of those the sky is blue because it reflects the ocean and the ocean is blue because it reflects the sky things isnt it? :lol:
[post="1247545"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Also, when the light enters the atmosphere, doesn't it refract our something like a prism basically and the color we see is blue...?

For the 'Why is the sky blue'

Well i dont remember, but theres this comercial on the radio supposedly promoting that girls loose interest in science and math after like age eight, and that we should keep our studies up...yata yata yata....

but its like got this little girl going 'Daddy, whys the sky blue'
and the father goes 'to match your pretty eyes'
and the little girl goes 'no silly, its because of the water molicules in the atmosphere and the rate of color ((or something like that)) and blue has a higher ((or lower)) wave link than all the other colors' and then the little girl like giggles
and the dad goes 'who told you that?'
and the little girl goes 'moooommy' like a snooty...

ANYWAYS...its not jsut the reflection thing...its got something to do with nitrogen and oxygen in our atmosphere....and its completely pathetic that i learned about this last year and i cant remember it....*sighs*
Oh...and im not garanteeing that comercial thing, what i said was 100% correct....its just like what i remember of it....

Ash

But wouldn't that be reflection as well, as that's how we get colour? All I remember is reflection and atmosphere...

There was an advert kinda like that in England for Robinsons Fruit and barley, except it was about how rainbows are created...I remeber when that eppe of Alias came on saying how the test had questions about how rainbows are formed...and that advert always made me think of that...:lol:...that didn't really make sense, did it?

What sort of website is it? Not all websites have to make money...

But wouldn't that be reflection as well, as that's how we get colour? All I remember is reflection and atmosphere...

We get our eye color from our DNA.. :o_O:
It may appear different due to lighting/reflection, but our eye color is coded for in DNA...

UncoveringAlias said:
What sort of website is it? Not all websites have to make money...
We get our eye color from our DNA.. :o_O:
It may appear different due to lighting/reflection, but our eye color is coded for in DNA...
[post="1250578"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
LOL...:lol:...I don't mean our eye pigmentation...I mean that's how colour is 'created' or seen or whatever, by light reflection....so depending on the levels of different chemicals in the atmosphere, they would reflect different colours...so a planet with a different atmospheric make up would have different colour skies....not our eye colour, lol.

m<o>j said:
LOL...:lol:...I don't mean our eye pigmentation...I mean that's how colour is 'created' or seen or whatever, by light reflection....so depending on the levels of different chemicals in the atmosphere, they would reflect different colours...so a planet with a different atmospheric make up would have different colour skies....not our eye colour, lol.
[post="1250707"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
oh lol

Page 2! Woo-hoo! :D

Back