Random thoughts.... post yours!

4b2eaef83e97f288831349564df93674.jpg

My current truck has 'rain sensing' wipers that automatically turn on when it rains. Apparently it is not smart enough to tell the difference between rain and chunks of ice on the windshield after a snow squall.

I need to pick up some new wiper blades now. :(

Today is annual backup day.
Backing up everything and uploading those backups to my cloud drive.
Then disconnecting all these wires and pulling apart my pc to blow out the dust.
Now that I no longer have any pets it's not nearly as dusty.
Gotta buy more canned air after this.
Oh yeah, keyboard gets a scrubbing too.
I should also probably update my old logitech camera/mic - it works but man is it ever old.
While everything is apart I will also blow out my tv (used as a monitor) and the stereo amp.
Hopefully I won't screw anything up
:minion_evil:

Yesterday was a BAD Day!

Heading out for grocery shopping I lost engine oil pressure on the highway. I got it pulled over as the idiot light came on. Got out looked under my truck to find engine oil all over the truck and ground - exhaust manifolds smoking.
I had a 1/2 a quart of oil in the cab (just in case) and added it and started the engine n shut it right off. Got out just in time to see oil pouring from my oil filter.

Since I no longer have a phone (AT&T stole money from me again), I walked the 1.5 miles to the nearest parts store. I bought oil, filter and a oil filter wrench. Got back to the truck and crawled under in my new shirt and pulled the filter. It had two gaskets on it. WALMART! I put the new filter on and put 4.5 quarts of new oil in it to get it to the full mark. It only holds 5 qts. Got it running and my oil prssure came right up. No noises from the engine. It was okay because I got it shut down fast enough no to damage the engine.
I returned everything to walmart reciept in hand. I was told that they won't pay for anything because I removed the filter they put on. They were hostile towards me! I demanded to see a manager. I explained that I am an ASE certified mechanic and showed him the oil filter and the dubbled gasket and my reciept from the oil change just last month. He refunded my oil change cost and walked away. I guess I am going tohave to startdoing my ownilchanges now.

So, angry with my local walmart but still needing to go shopping I went to the nearest next walmart. Was doing my shopping and the perrier six-packs I want are on the top shelf of the water rack. I climb up to grab them and the rack gave way and I came crashing down with glass bottles smashing all around me. Twisted my neck but I got what I was going for. So now, I am all wet with water and have oil stains on my back.

On the way home, a cop pulls in behind me on the turning left lane and his lights are flashing and siren blarring. The light turned green and I went to pull over and he sped down the highway.

I got home and checked my scrobbles and as I was starting a new artist I got an email alert and when I hit firefox my computer went blue screen and shut down. Restarted fine but after that I just went to bed.

I am Terrified..Walmart does a bad job..with a bad product..and does not want to hear of it.
Way to Go....tell them this oil filter caused more pain than a middle finger....:D

We have allowed the Corporations and Politicians to basically cozy up to one another and draw plans for the rest of us,
all while bullshitting us into a new world govt.
Problem is, I am on Disability.
IF I even apply to purchase a weapon,I can lose it..which I would probably no doubt think will happen.
--A govt that says I have the right under law to own a firearm,,but cannot have one while under their benefit?
because I am Mental? Mental Illness Diagnosis is a fraud.The test is answer yes to 5 of 16 questions about feelings.
If I am charged with a felony, I can lose it.
It is my money, I can use it as I want.
--Except, since I am mental, I cannot touch it. it goes to a bank with my name and someone else ( Father) on it.

But the Bank and SS rules say I cannot access it.Then My father has to submit an annual itemized questionnaire on what the money was spent on.It's my money, yet I never see it, I never touch it, and I cannot even access it.
My bills are to be paid by someone else managing my account.
and they say-It is to protect me from my father from screwing me out of money....what baloney
But SS says it is my money?

Sorry, my mind goes off track and has random thoughts....LIB, that is what this is isn't it
RRR.

fyi,,,I say the test to determine mental illness is a fraud..not mental illness

Last edited:
sorry to hear of bad day there Tom. thank goodness you were able to deal with. a lot of us would have to call a tow truck and end up paying $$$ to Pep Boys or whomever.
I changed a turn signal light in the K-Mart parking lot last week and thought I was doing well.

Time change again, wish they would leave it alone
Yeah, in the world of 2016 the need for timezone adjustments seems to be rather outdated. I think like a lot of other things it has become a part of life; nobody questions it, it 'just is'.

Supper Tonight: Homemade Cheesesteak Sammiches, Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges & Bacon Garlic-Butter Green Beans. Dessert: Homemade Cherry Dream Pie & Whipped Cream on an Oreo Cookie Crust.
Using Cajun Deli Roast Beef, White American and Provolone Cheese on a toasted French Loaf. Honey-Butter saute'ed Red and Yelow Peppers and Valdillia onions. With a side-condiment of saute'ed mushrooms.

America is NOT a nation.
For Clarification: It is a hemisphere comprised of North, Central and South.

Yes, Canada is American
Yes, Mexico is American
Yes, Brazil is American

The United States is The United States of America

Transceiver - a Transmitter and a Receiver

I was struggling with what to call that little RF USB device that wireless keyboard and mouse use to communicate with a computer. I was going to call it an antenna which works because antenna transmit and recieve but the word put a huge pole in my mind.

This led me to think about what other things are transceivers.
This kept my mind occupied for about 2 hours.

People are transceivers. Alarm clocks are transceivers. The Earth is a transceiver.
Anything that transmits and receives is a transceiver. It might transmit and receive a signal, a language, a fluid or any input or output of data.
Alarm Clocks transmit the time and an irritating beep and they receive a whack

I may have a Chick-Fil-A addiction!

It may have started several years ago as we were working on my Mom's old house to sell it. I would spend my weekends driving down to the house, working on it for a bit, and then on my way home I'd stop off for some Chick-Fil-A waffle fries & milkshake. My wife is allergic to nuts and since Chick-Fil-A uses peanut oil for their frying we never go there so stopping off for some waffle fries on the way home was a bit of a treat.

Fast forward some years and I find myself working again in King of Prussia, PA, right by the mall area. Long story short, there is a new Chick-Fil-A that is within just a few minutes driving distance from our office. I think I've been there at least once a week since I've been back in the area.

The nuggets are just so good.

#5 combo (nuggets), 12-count, with BBQ sauce and sweet tea.:hungry:

Back