Horror Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale

Tagline: He knows if you've been naughty. He knows if you've been nice. And he doesn't give a sh*t.

Genre: Fantasy, Horror

Director: Jalmari Helander

Cast: Per Christian Ellefsen, Jorma Tommila, Tommi Korpela, Onni Tommila, Jonathan Hutchings, Rauno Juvonen, Ilmari Järvenpää, Risto Salmi, Jens Sivertsen, Sigmund Bøe, Olav Pedersen, Nils M. Iselvmo, Steinar Skogstad, Nils Nymo, Hjalmar Iselvmo, Steinar Tunes, Torgeir Fosberg, Tor Kvammen, Hans Prestbakmo, Alf Roald Pedersen, Nikolaj Alsterdal, Knut Osa Greger, Kjell Tore Nordli, Stein-Erik Olsen, Atle Kirkegård, Hans Lindgård, Einar Fagertun, Bjørn Pedersen, Tommy Svendsen, Peeter Jakobi, Chaton Anderson

Release: 2010-12-03

Runtime: 83

Plot: Young Pietari lives with his reindeer-herding father in arctic Finland. On the eve of Christmas, a nearby excavation makes a frightening discovery and an evil Santa Claus is unleashed…
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010)

The first time I saw this was with sub-titles but an English dubbed version has hit and watching it and understanding what is said certainly adds to the enjoyment.

O M G this film is such a wonderful production.
I give it a very strong 4 out of 5 stars.

What would you do if you found out the legend has a darker beginning and the fantasy of Santa Clause and his elves had a sinister undertone?
I felt the film was well-made and cheerful on a twisted sense.
Loved the effects and after watching it dubbed, even the story has merit.
Certainly a must see for anyone looking for holiday ... charm (teehehe).

:clap:
Tom! First let me clear up the video issue, if it's only a few pages of videos, my iPhone will gradually load & im OK. Once a thread (that is mostly embeds) is past about 10 pages, forget it, my phone can't load it.

This is something I'd love to see this season! The child actors seem to be stealing the scenes just from the trailer. Santa is menacing! Fresh idea too. (y)

First let me clear up the video issue
Thanx, a tidbit of info I did not know.
Have you tried viewing the site in browser mode?
(I know very little about iPhones and androids. I am usually behind the times and phones just seem redundant to me in my present circumstances.)

This is something I'd love to see this season! The child actors seem to be stealing the scenes just from the trailer. Santa is menacing! Fresh idea too.
I saw it first without subs or dub and it was cool to see visually.
After the dubbed version surfaced, I watched it again and its freakin awesome.

SANTA

upload_2017-11-14_3-33-59.jpeg

ELF

upload_2017-11-14_3-36-30.jpeg

ELVES
upload_2017-11-14_3-39-41.jpeg

Very cool image of elves. Yikes!
Tom, browser mode? I don't know where that option presents itself. I didn't see it in "preferences", or at the bottom of page.

As far as I know it is an app that acts like a web browser and shows pages as they look to browsers.
Looked it up:
Start by pulling up a mobile website on Safari; I'll be using Wikipedia for this example. Once it's loaded, tap and hold the Refresh icon in the URL bar and you'll see the option to "Request Desktop Site" at the bottom. To go back to the mobile version of the website, just repeat the process.
and How to use tabs and private browsing in Safari for iPhone and iPad