Season 5 Rate: "...1..."

What did you think of "...1..."

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I liked everything about this episode except the Weiss fight scene. The writers should have put Dixon in the fight sequence instead. Dixon is a great fighter and he rarely gets a chance to fight. the Weiss fight scene was pretty lame. I like Weiss, but sorry to say, he can't fight. Or if he can fight, the choreographer for that scene was bad.

...And another thing if Weiss just lost his best friend you'd think there would be a little more emotional. I mean if I'd lost my best friend I don't know if I could recover, at least not like that, I didnt see a tear or a sniffle from ANYBODY! T

That's my problem, everybodys just way too cool about him being dead. Has no one noticed she has not shed a tear? Not a one my friends, she's gotten close but if you are truly hormonal you'd be ballin so much you wouldn't need a shower in the morning.

...And another thing if Weiss just lost his best friend you'd think there would be a little more emotional. I mean if I'd lost my best friend I don't know if I could recover, at least not like that, I didnt see a tear or a sniffle from ANYBODY! T

That's my problem, everybodys just way too cool about him being dead. Has no one noticed she has not shed a tear? Not a one my friends, she's gotten close but if you are truly hormonal you'd be ballin so much you wouldn't need a shower in the morning.
I agree I thought it was wierd that no one shed a tear, but you have to remember it has been 4 months for them.

I agree I thought it was wierd that no one shed a tear, but you have to remember it has been 4 months for them.

Yep, it has been four months, and Syd did cry, in the scene with Jack at the end. Syd's character has always been consistently very guarded, just like Jack. She hides her emotions behind a veneer of toughness. She doesn't wear her emotions on her sleeve, people. She never has.

For an Alias episode, I thought that this episode was missing something. It didn't have the usual suspense and kick we're all so accustomed to. There was no major fight or mission. And I felt like the action was gone (though it was really cool when Sydney kicked that guy out of the window).

Weiss's departing and they way they weaved it into the episode was disappointing. I mean, how many times has Weiss been there for Sydney and Vaughn?? Who got Sydney through the whole Lauren debacle?? Who did Vaughn talk to when he was worried about Sydney??? Who provided the funny moments and jokes on Alias?? As happy as I am that Weiss (and Greg) got a promotion working with the president (or going back to his love of comedy), I thought that the writers should have done more for Weiss. He leaves the episode just standing there??? Him telling Sydney about the promotion was also put in an awkward and bad time in the show. All I'm saying is that I think Weiss should have gotten a better farewell (though I'm glad he didn't die by getting shot by 5000 bullets).

Just as I was starting to come back to reality and stop wallowing in my own depression over the whole "Vaughn's dead" situation, Alias has to come up with the story line of having someone frozen. I was coming with terms with Vaughn's death, even though I wasn't happy with it. I was accepting it. But along comes the second episode. And I'm starting to get depressed all over again. Who in the world is frozen in that box?? Is it Vaughn??? Is it?? And who in the world order Curtis to freeze someone?? And what does Renee have to do with it??

I'm glad that Sydney is talking to her father about the pregnancy. She definitly needs support in this new role she's taking on. I liked the scene at the end with her father. But what struck me as odd was that even though 4 months has passed, I still haven't seen Sydney cry over losing the father of her child. Yes, she might have been angry. But she has not cried. I was disappointed that there was no breakdowns in this episode.

I'm excited to see what the new agents can do and bring to the show. (No. You can't sit there. That was Vaughn's desk. DON'T SIT THERE!!!!! ;))Because we all know that something needs to be done to bring the action back, even though it isn't from Sydney. We'll see how it goes.

I don't know what to think of Alias anymore. It seems like I'm watching just out of loyalty now. *sigh* Bring on the next episode.

I liked everything about this episode except the Weiss fight scene. The writers should have put Dixon in the fight sequence instead. Dixon is a great fighter and he rarely gets a chance to fight. the Weiss fight scene was pretty lame. I like Weiss, but sorry to say, he can't fight. Or if he can fight, the choreographer for that scene was bad.

You are right on the money. Weiss' fight scene made him look like a baby who couldn't take care of himself. He's in the black ops division of the CIA, shouldn't he be able to handle himself in this type of situation? I mean it wasn't a big fight; Dixion just hammered the guy with a tin pitcher.

Aaaaa...didn't Syd just look radiant. Loved her kick in the interrigation scene with the guy who shot VM.

Great eppie! I gave it a four out of five.
(y)

im still convinced that vaughn is in fact alive. i mean if you look at the last scene with syd and spydaddy what sydney said about vaughn and the way in which she said it makes me think he's alive just that much more.(however, i mean that might be due to the fact that im in denial and want to believe) i actually liked the ep although weiss is gone. i mean did the writers this season decide that they were just going to get all the torturous depress your viewers stuff out in the first few eps of the season. the scene with the doctor was utterly heart-wrenching.
gheesh, i think ive cried more by watching two alias episodes than in two years combined. one thing i dont like though, is the new background for the theme music. i adored the original, just a plain black background and the names but now it looks just well....stupid. i think they should change it back. oh, and not seeing m.v or g.g on the opening credits just added more tears. overall however, im intrigued about this season if nothing else spydaddy(who seems a little distant but made up for it in the final s/j scene) and marshall are making it worthwhile. plus j.g is still fantastic.

missing my g.g & m.v already.
-kait
:Ph34r:

Okay, I know a lot of people hated this episode because of its Vaughnlessness(yea! for made up words), but I thought all in all it was a good episode.

Ooookay... not a fan of the new theme background

I totally disagree with that. I have thought for too long that Sydney has been the main focus of the theme, even thought she is not the entire show(as cool as she might be). I liked that all the other good characters get their moment on the background. Also, this is appropriate since, because of her pregnancy, the action will fall to some other people.

Plus, wasn't it great(though I admit, not as good as Vaughn) to see Balthazar Getty(he played new APO agent Thomas Grace). I totally love that guy!

Balthazar Getty(he played new APO agent Thomas Grace). I totally love that guy!

I like him too. He seems pretty interesting and he reminds me a little Charlie Sheen. And what about Rene Rienne? She's so tough! Probably she'll be a really bad girl! "I am sleeping. I used to be 6th"... love her! And qhat about the scene of the baby? Garner has been so human, without loosing her tipical selfcontrol of Sydney. Also very good dialougues through Syd and Weiss and Syd and Spydaddy! Great actors! And Jack is smiling! oh my god! And what about Sloane??? With his tipical "you're so beautifull" (he always said to Nadia), Syd didn't manage to be angry with him as usual! Great episode! Action? The scene on the airplane made me feel anxious! And the interrogation was "very alias"!!! Who is that man on the airplane? The same of the last scene with Rene? Rambaldi? Or Vaughn's father? Resurrections can be boring, as the same escamotage. But immortality is a "main character" on Alias... you know what I mean? Anyway... if they took a hando and with the DNA made up a new body: the man of the last scene was certainly Lazarey!!! :lol:

I am sooooooo jealous of you all.

Here in the Uk we are going to have to wait until next year for Season 5.
It's great getting the gossip from you all though.

My heart sank when I read about Vaughn being dead, no no no, I am in total denial and am convinced he will be back.....although be it brainwashed!

I missed the first 15 minutes, but I thought the episode was incredibly boring until the scene in the plane and the dialogue between Syd and Jack.

í was rewatching the episode ( which i loved!) and i noticed Syds watch.....now i''m not so sure but isnt that Vaughs dad's watch?? i mean it works now cause skank lauren got it fixed...maybe its another hidden clue or just a sweet gesture.....or maybe its not even the watch...just wondering if anyone else noticed....

Gabby

Ok, well I really had no idea what to expect, so i kept an open mind! Sure I miss Vaughn, but dont we all? I thought this ep was great, to me, it had everything: syd being fiesty, marshall was hilarious and sloane was creepy!!

Loved Marshall when Syd rang him at 1:47 ( :lol: ) having that dream! And Syd's reaction "marshall wake up!" :lol: :lol:

The doctors appointment and the jack/syd scenes both made me cry :cry: I never normally cry during alias, but this week and last, i was crying like a baby, I think I miss Vaughn more than I think I do :Pinch:

I want him to come back, but I hope its not him in that cryogenic freezing thing, that would be hell lame!

Overall, I thought it was great! Alias can't really go wrong as far as I'm concerned, Vaughn or no Vaughn, I'll keep watching, its still a great show! Some peeps are being a little to cynical :P

To be honest, i feel like the show is being completely revamped...new agents, (possibly) no vaughn - i like the fact that they're trying something a bit new, but now it's messing with the emotion of the show, we've all developed such an attachment to these characters and their struggles - as well as thier personal connections to the story and each other... new direction... we'll see where it takes us.... also, a bit pessemistic about MV comming back - i too took notice of his name missing from the credits.... hmmmm, but again.... something new...
~ Much luv ~
- Mountaineer-

Weiss's departing and they way they weaved it into the episode was disappointing. I mean, how many times has Weiss been there for Sydney and Vaughn?? Who got Sydney through the whole Lauren debacle?? Who did Vaughn talk to when he was worried about Sydney??? Who provided the funny moments and jokes on Alias?? As happy as I am that Weiss (and Greg) got a promotion working with the president (or going back to his love of comedy), I thought that the writers should have done more for Weiss. He leaves the episode just standing there??? Him telling Sydney about the promotion was also put in an awkward and bad time in the show. All I'm saying is that I think Weiss should have gotten a better farewell (though I'm glad he didn't die by getting shot by 5000 bullets).
I agree with you on this one. These last few episodes have been emotionally draining on me...first Vaughn leaves and Weiss follows. I can't handle much more!! I'm glad he went off smoothly and not dead. We could've had one more Weiss/Marshall scene though before he left...I mean come on...the scene last season with them was one of the greatest!! :D

I don't know what to think of Alias anymore. It seems like I'm watching just out of loyalty now. *sigh* Bring on the next episode.
You bascially took the words right out of my mouth.

The story seems to be repeating itself with the new people and the certain characteristics about them. I just hope JJ restores some of my faith in this show soon otherwise I may hop along the train with the rest of the people who've bailed on this show and live in my dvd's (minus the felgercarb that was most of season 3) ;)

Good to see Carrie back though!! :D

Personally, I liked Thomas Grace's character. He's got a strong personality, sarcasm like no one else and an attitude that will clash with Sidney perfectly. I think he's going to be a joy to watch. That, and he's hot.

The new girl make me reminisce about Melissa George. I think they're going to take the same angle here but I think the plot of this new season will be more complicated and interlaced. I think they're turning it up a notch.

All I'm saying is give the new cast a chance. It's hard on them being new and I'm sure they need all the support they can get. Personally, I'm looking forward to this season.

i may be disappointd at the "death" of Vaughn but i have to say as an avid Alias fan that i am actually more excited about this seasono than i was 3 or 4...i love that they are taking risks and changing it up a bit...some of u guys need to quit b!tching and enjoy the ride that is ALIAS!!

Back