Season 5 Rate Alias: The Complete Series

How does the series rank for you in television history?

• The Best Television Series I've Ever Seen, Period

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One of the Best Series' Ever (Personal Top 5)

• A Great Series (Personal Top 10)

• A Good Series

• A Poor Series

• Total voters
Now that the series is over, thought it would be interesting to see where the television series Alias stands in the opinions of the fans on this board.

For myself, if the series would have ended after Season Two, I may have ranked it as the "best show I've ever seen". Everything seemed to click right out of the gate. But I do think the quality of the show went down somewhat during Seasons Three & Four (for various reasons) and then rose again somewhat during Season Five. Now, how much the show suffered (if any) during the middle of its run is up to interpretation. That's the beauty of opinions. ;) But taking all of it into account, and trying to make a quick list of television shows that I enjoyed that have already had their series finales, I would say Alias ranks for me as "One of the Best Series' Ever (Personal Top 5)", probably #4 at this point in time.

In closing, I'll say that I think Alias, even at its worst, was still better than a lot of other television shows that I've seen, past, present and probably future. And not to sound hokey, but for me, that will be one of the many ways I'll remember this show. I also think that as the months and years go by, the fans of Alias will come to realize just how good this television series was. Yes, it had its low points, but in the end I'm going to remember much, much, much more good than bad. And if I were part of the creative team: the creator, the wonderful cast, the directors, producers, writers or crew, I'd be very proud to have been a part of it. Thanks for five great years.

I said best ever because no other show has made me into such a fanatic. And it introduced me to fanart and for that I'm completely grateful. Now I have Veronica Mars to obsess over.

BEST EVER.... I joined this site because of it (and I said I would NEVER ever join a board).... It's the only show that I NEVER missed an episode of....

The Best Television Series I've Ever Seen, Period

"Alias" is the BEST TV Series I have EVER seen ... and it will rank # 1 for a long time, as it made a fan from day one till the end ... ofcourse, there were many ups and many downs ... but I never gave up on the show, and at the end it proved me right ... I have enjoyed every single episode, every single season ... and no matter what, "Alias" will be remembered forever ... the show made me a freak of TV, I joined this board because of the show and most importantly, it gave me the chance to meet lots of other "Alias"-addicts just like me ...

I have had the chance to be at the UK Alias Convention last year, where we had the pleasure to meet with Victor Garber, with Kevin Weissman and with Amanda Foreman ... and believe me, if it weren't because they were part of "Alias" I would have never thought of taken a 10 hour flight to Amsterdam and then to London, just so I could be part of the convention ... this year, at the 3rd Alias Rendesvouz in London, I will be there again and this time we will meet with David Anders, Merrin Dungey and Greg Grunberg ... and I am sure its gonna be fun ... but most importantly ... it will be the last "Alias"-thing I can do in a long while ...

So, after 5 years ... I am saying ... "Alias" IS the BEST TV Series I have EVER seen ... ;)

personal top 5

this is the first show I've been addicted to.......but there have been other favorites along the way....

the best series i have ever seen!! it's right up there with Buffy :love:

it might've had it's ups and downs but overall, the way they ended it just made me feel like i've invested 5 years of my life on a great series!

Alias will always be in my heart, right next to Buffy :lol:

Alias is No.1 will be my number 1 show forever......

lost, desperate housewives, the o,c, house, greys anatomy, medium, 24 there all great shows toooo, but they dont compare to ALIAS..... and the passion that i have for this show..... never missed an episode, never wanted tooooo, never could..................

ill always re-watch the dvd's starting from season 1 through to season 5 when it comes out, and then start all over againn..........

goodbye ALIAS the number one show in the whole wide world. u will be missed

The BEST. PERIOD. Always has been, always will be. Alias has been my entire life for five years, it still is my life, and it will be my life until the end of my life.

BEST EVER.... I joined this site because of it (and I said I would NEVER ever join a board).... It's the only show that I NEVER missed an episode of....
Me too! I've never joined any other forums anywhere!
I didn't even begin watching Alias until the first episode of season 4 (I was 10 months pregnant and couldn't do anything else!) - and then of course, immediately, I had to rent all the other seasons, which I did. I must've watched them in record time, 2 months tops.
Anyhow, I've enjoyed a few shows here and there before, but never before had a show actually made me use my brain and my intellect like Alias. It wasn't dumb entertainment that was spoon fed to us. I love that it had a mixture of everything - romance, family, action, mystery, intelligence, etc.
As much as I love Lost, it will never be ALIAS!

The Best Television Series I've Ever Seen, Period

"Alias" is the BEST TV Series I have EVER seen ... and it will rank # 1 for a long time, as it made a fan from day one till the end ... ofcourse, there were many ups and many downs ... but I never gave up on the show, and at the end it proved me right ... I have enjoyed every single episode, every single season ... and no matter what, "Alias" will be remembered forever ... the show made me a freak of TV, I joined this board because of the show and most importantly, it gave me the chance to meet lots of other "Alias"-addicts just like me ...

I have had the chance to be at the UK Alias Convention last year, where we had the pleasure to meet with Victor Garber, with Kevin Weissman and with Amanda Foreman ... and believe me, if it weren't because they were part of "Alias" I would have never thought of taken a 10 hour flight to Amsterdam and then to London, just so I could be part of the convention ... this year, at the 3rd Alias Rendesvouz in London, I will be there again and this time we will meet with David Anders, Merrin Dungey and Greg Grunberg ... and I am sure its gonna be fun ... but most importantly ... it will be the last "Alias"-thing I can do in a long while ...

So, after 5 years ... I am saying ... "Alias" IS the BEST TV Series I have EVER seen ... ;)
I have to say... that is sooooooooo cool that you get to attend those!

i love alias it will live strong in my heart but its not the best thing i ever seen

i loved friends like i love alias now but you move on and find somethink you like better ....

Its definitely in my top 3, its truly amazing. bt my first love, will ALWAYS be Buffy and nothing and no one can change that. I must admit Alias came damn close but is still in second place...just.

Alias is in my top 5...at the top right now as a matter of fact. It's a shame I never got into early, but better late then never! :P

Season 1: A
Season 2: A+
Season 3: B-
Season 4: B+
Season 5 - the first half: C
Season 5 - the second half: B

I'd have to say that Alias will always reign as a great television series as a whole. There were some times when it could take out any show ever, and there were times where it was painful to watch. But overall it was an experience, a ride, that I'll never forget.

I don't have a personal favourite series of all time so despite it's downs, I voted for 'One of the Best Series' Ever (Personal Top 5)' ^_^.

Alias is my #1 favourite show. It's the best show I've ever watched! No show has me so obsessive. The stories and characters, their relationships, all of it, has always been intriguing, and even at it's weakest Alias was still better than the majority of series TV on nowadays. No show has captured my imagination in the same way Sydney Bristow and Co have.

Alias is my #1 favourite show. It's the best show I've ever watched! No show has me so obsessive. The stories and characters, their relationships, all of it, has always been intriguing, and even at it's weakest Alias was still better than the majority of series TV on nowadays. No show has captured my imagination in the same way Sydney Bristow and Co have.

^^ I second that! I couldn't have said it any better myself!!! :smiley:

Definiely my favorite show ever! Alias turned me into a fanatic. I didn't start watching til the week before Season 4 came out. I watched Seasons 1-3 on my sisters laptop and got done in a week, seriously. I lived and breathed ALIAS for hours every day. Nothing can ever top it! I've laughed, cried, cheered, groaned...nothing has gotten to me so much. I lived for Sydney; I felt her pain, ecstacy.....whoa I'm getting a little carried away :smiley: but seriously I love it, and can't wait for Season 5 to come out on DVD so I can buy it!

Back