Season 4 Rate: Authorized Personnel Only (Parts I and II)

What did you think of "Authorized Personnel Only (Parts I and II) "

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
AGH!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! *floods of tears...* IRINA??????? How can she be....dead. It's just....wrong....aghhhh!!!!! So sad.... I was trying to be in denial until Syd id-ed the body (Jack could have actually helped Irina go into hiding or something)....I mean, how could she be dead if they are still in negotiations with Lena to get her back??? Who knows...
Ok, so a big question would be..why would Irina want to kill Syd?? I am thinking it would have something to do with that prophecy Vaughn heard from Brill...that Syd and Nadia would kill each other....?

Ok so this episode was A-MAZ-ING!!!! There are just no words....*sigh*....i'm so estatically happy to have it back....

But talk about some big changes!!!! Wow!!!! Who saw all that coming??

One of my favorite things would have to be Marshall..."Sloane is here." OMG that was so hilarious...love Marshall

And Wiess...they'll pull him in too, right??? They almost have to...

Syd and Vaughn....*sigh*....finally....Oh that was just wonderful....
One question though? When the slept together was that supposed to be before or after the mission on the train?? Because she was wearing the same shirt that she had on when he came to the door before the mission, so I can't figure out when it was supposed to have happened.....

Jack - a wonderful perforance!!!!!

Jack, Syd and Nadia - I have a feeling this is going to get VERY interesting....

Sloane - so we obviously don't believe he's suddenly turned all mighty good AGAIN - so that just leaves the question of what his deal is this time....

Alright, a huge question I have.....what about the RAMBALDI ARTIFACT.....I mean, it was a HUGE deal last season and now Sloane has just given it to the CIA (ok, yeah, RIGHT!!! something is up)....and we have no idea what it is or anything....hello???

Oh geez...I need to go re-watch this episode right now...

Maybe I was suffering from serious Alias withdrawl and was so glad to have my Alias family back OR it was a very good episode. Come on guys, they pretty much gave us everything that we had all asked for all bundled up in one two hour kick off. They are trying their best to not only please us, but to bring more in to see how good this show really is. I say, Good Job, to all the Alias family - welcome back into my home.

I am more concerned that Jennifer has seriously hurt her back. Get well soon, Jen.

KateJones47 said:
I don't think they can completely take Rambaldi out of Alias, not with Syd and Nadia now working together.
Confused me too.  :confused:
[post="1147368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Vaughn was at Langley in McLean, VA...all of that area is considered metropolitian DC...he was probably living (and Boxing!) in DC while undergoing the one month of psych evaluation that was mentioned.

alias:kate_jones said:
I mean, how could she be dead if they are still in negotiations with Lena to get her back???
[post="1147471"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

What the hell are you talking about?!

J.J. has said that no, she simply is not coming back. Last year they were in negotiations. But now it's over - she's not coming back and her character's dead body has been identified.

Denial, denial, denial.

Some of you are in denial! ^_^

It kinda sucks, yes, but with this now the show can focus on Spy Sister and the new relationships between Nadia and Sloane, Nadia and Sydney, Nadia and Jack, Nadia and Vaughn... I really hope that Spy Sister takes on a HUGE role...

I love me some spy sister... WASN'T IT HOT when they first showed her coming to rescue Sydney? She was sexy as hell! :love:

i really enjoyed the episode, simply because it was so so so so nice to have alias back. i heart it. however, the irina storyline just flat out pisses me off. i refuse to believe it. and i think it was a stupid idea. grr...however i love the set up of the whole a.p.o. thingy. i think that's really good and it can def. take the show into better places. i heart marshall getting taken away. though i don't like weiss not being part of the team. i don't really have time for a full review. i think my favorite part was sydney being a wise-ass. she usually is all nice and quiet and only raises her voice if someone is questioning her about her beliefs. now she's all like "lucky me" and "are you sure she's out? fake-quitting seems to be all the rage." lol. anyway i got to go.

m-c

OMG! :woot: I have twords Brillantly Genuise. J.J. and the rest of the writting crew have toped them selfes,the episode was aweome. APO is hot and exactly what ALIAS needed to come out of season three. ALIAS is back to there old roots of season 1&2 and looks like season 4 will be the best so far :smiley: . I love how Vaughn and Syd relationship is coming along, im happy she decided to tell him what happen in Wittenberg. I was also glad to see the sister join APO. Ilook forward to every wednesday now to watching Lost and Alias. :lol:

Ok. The episode was just that. Ok. I think I let myself get a little too worked up b/c I was disappointed w/ a few things, but overall I enjoyed the double-feature. :smiley:

I think Sloane's finding Rambaldi's 'endgame' holds more weight w/ the CIA than he let on. I also think the old saying "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" applies here--this way the CIA can keep him on a very short leash, and get some work out of him, to boot. Much safer a tactic than letting him camp out in Zurich (too long a leash), and more effective/ efficient than locking him in a sparse cell (too short a leash). When he said "this is exciting", he looked and sounded like a yiddish gramma...I couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness (cute-in-an-old-man-way) :D

Those of you who believe what Jack and Syd said at face value are gullible. I think they both are holding onto some facts that they're not willing to share. I really wish that Lena Olin would come back, but from what I've read, that ain't gonna happen, which is a real shame. I loved the dynamics between her and Syd and between her and Jack especially. Plus, I get the impression that she and Nadia never had much quality time. From what we learned in S3, she gave birth to her, and then saw her again for a little while (the Rambaldi fluid stuff) before Bill Vaughn found her and died getting Nadia safely away from her again. I doubt that Nadia has any real memories, good or bad, regarding mommy, and this could definitely cloud her judgement (remember how Syd started to warm up to Irina in S2?), and help the prophecy between her and Syd come true. (n)

I loved the throw-down sex Syd and Vaughn had. :P However, I really really hope that Will and Syd end up together. S & V are cute together, but I think he's a little too...something (not sure what) for her. < shrugs shoulders >

I can hardly wait for next Wednesday's episode!!!!

alias:kate_jones said:
One of my favorite things would have to be Marshall..."Sloane is here." OMG that was so hilarious...love Marshall

And Wiess...they'll pull him in too, right??? They almost have to...

That had to be my favorite Marshall moment of the show. Either that or the unauthorized use of the gameboy.

I don't know if they'll bring Weiss into APO - might be a bit too hokey with everyone there. But I think they left plenty of room for him to have a role with his visit to Syd's - kind of a "Hey I'm still around, not just stuck at the old CIA." Maybe Syd will save his but somewhere and surprise him and he'll give us the same face Will made when he saw Syd for the first time as an agent :P .

Ack...Irina died...:( Not that it wasn't expected...but now there's no chance for return! :( I liked Irina!!!! (I don't read the media that often...so all you who already knew Irina wasn't coming back....shush! :P)

I thought this episode could have been a lot better...it was too...season one-ish for me. APO was obviously modeled after SD-6. The convo between Sloane and Jack about whether sydney knew the whole truth...S1! Wonder what they're hiding this time though. *sighs*

I did like some parts though. MARSHALL WAS FUNNY!!! :lol:

Hayden Chase seemed mean lol. But then she was really nice in APO, which was good. Wonder how often we'll be seeing her in the future...she didn't play that big a part in the first ep...She's an interesting character too.

Now that Alias eps are self-contained, I wasn't worried about Syd not freeing herself...it's obvious she's going to live...no suspense anymore :(

Poor Weiss...left out of the loop...haha...I love it when they put irony in the show!!!

My biggest wonder is why Irina wanted Syd dead...I'll bet she had a good motherly reason...lol but I guess we have yet to find out....why couldn't she come back...? :(

To me, it seems like they're trying to start all over again...They didn't discuss Rambaldi too much, simply answering the questions that would arise from Nadia and Sloane's quest at the end of the last season. So is Rambaldi gone now? Or still a focus? The start of APO signifies a new beginning too...under the rule of sloane...also like S1...

Hopefully I'll like next week's ep better...it's not that I didn't like this ep, it was ok, but certainly not as good as I expected.

labrat said:
I don't know if they'll bring Weiss into APO - might be a bit too hokey with everyone there.  But I think they left plenty of room for him to have a role with his visit to Syd's - kind of a "Hey I'm still around, not just stuck at the old CIA."  Maybe Syd will save his but somewhere and surprise him and he'll give us the same face Will made when he saw Syd for the first time as an agent :P .
[post="1147576"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ooo...that's an intersting possibility...but again kinda repetative...

lol i like seeing new things...

Weiss has to figure it out soon enough, he's not that dumb--I mean come on Marshall, Jack, Syd, Vaughn, and Dixon all work at a 'bank' now, you've got to be kidding me. :P

Wow. Last night's episode was great--a nice touch to Alias finally, outbeats the whole third season. Marshall was halarious with his, "Uhh Syd, Sloane's here!" :lol: Great stuff.

Awesome music!!! Well done, Jabrams :smiley:

so here's a question for everyone, at the end of the episode sydney is talking to Nadia and telling her that she ID'd the body etc.... my first assumption was that Sydney was lying to Nadia when she said all this to protect Jack and to sort of spare Nadia the real truth.

it didn't seem to me that Sydney would have had any time to do anything she said she did or she wouldn't have even wanted to with regards to the fact that she thinks Irina put a hit out on her.

Am I wrong does anyone think the same?

Weiss has to figure it out soon enough, he's not that dumb--I mean come on Marshall, Jack, Syd, Vaughn, and Dixon all work at a 'bank' now, you've got to be kidding me. 

Well syd works at a bank, they never said where anyone else works, i doubt they'd have the same cover, BUT still Weiss will figure it out pretty soon
E

YoungStarsOwner said:
so here's a question for everyone, at the end of the episode sydney is talking to Nadia and telling her that she ID'd the body etc.... my first assumption was that Sydney was lying to Nadia when she said all this to protect Jack and to sort of spare Nadia the real truth.

it didn't seem to me that Sydney would have had any time to do anything she said she did or she wouldn't have even wanted to with regards to the fact that she thinks Irina put a hit out on her.

Am I wrong does anyone think the same?
[post="1147603"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i'm not sure...

how could syd identify the body? she didn't even know that irina was dead until she saw the papers in wittenberg?

i'm not sure...i'm not sure... :(

How can fans who have watched the show from episode one be happy with this opener? It was freakin TERRIBLE if you are a fan of the show (or in my case WERE a fan). This is what they have done:
They've decided that they really had to fix the very low ratings somehow, and Jennifer Garner was their way to do this. They've changed it to the Jennifer Garner show, and, realizing that new fans wouldn't be able to catch on to the complex storyline, they ditched it. Do you understand that basically everything from the first three seasons is now null and void? You understand that there will be no closure to any of those storylines because they have moved on into this ridiculous new direction of Sloan leading this APO?

I'm giving this season one more show, then I'm probably out- and I've watched this show since day freakin one.

MandahLuvsVaughn said:
I'm a little mixed on the new theme music because you can't hear it as well. Where's Marshall!!?!?!?!
[post="1146237"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

weiss doesn't work at apo; but i think he will in the future.... they can't just leave him alone!

Back