Season 4 Rate: Authorized Personnel Only (Parts I and II)

What did you think of "Authorized Personnel Only (Parts I and II) "

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Ok. I totally loved the new episodes. I love how Sloane is working with Syd cuz i found it really funny when he went "This is going to be exciting."
The only thing that i really didn't like is how Wiess doesn't work with them anymore. I love him!
I really like how Irina is worked into the storyline even if Lena Olin isn't back. See! Everything with Jack is always for Syd.
I think that they will pick up more speed with Vaughn and Syd. I love how the new office is brighter and it just seems so great. I wasn't really disapointed at all. I think that it'll get more Alias like cuz this episode was also so that new viewers could watch it. I like the new begining.

Lots of tension, i really really enjoyed the first two eps of the new season. This really is going back to the first two seasons of Alias, whisch is a good thing , and marshall , was oohhhh soo funny as usual , but no mention of Carey or lil Marshall! .

starrynic said:
I just can't wait for Season 4 but seriously I was a lil disappointed:
Syd and Vaughn looked sooooo forced together I was so SAD :cry: Vaughn had like a totally weird face on the whole time.....why??? and the way they hugged and everything, it was really weird I felt....am I the only one here???
I thought the credits part was cool though. But still................... I miss my S/V moments............(n)
[post="1148950"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree...the tension between Vaughn and Syd WAS THERE....
Hopefully that will not be the case next week!

The episode was great but does anyone think there's any chance Irinia's not dead? I think theres more to those papers that syd found in Wittenberg. I hope theres more jack and syd scenes. I can't wait till next week!

aliasmaniac7723 said:
The episode was great but does anyone think there's any chance Irinia's not dead?  I think theres more to those papers that syd found in Wittenberg.  I hope theres more jack and syd scenes. I can't wait till next week!
[post="1149244"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, APO I/II looked for all the world like a hint that she's NOT dead. OTOH, without Lena, she can't actually return, either, unless J.J. is building a robot Lena on some back lot somewhere.

I don't think we we were shown last night is the final word by any stretch. OTOH, whether she's alive or not, we won't be seeing her again, bar a miracle.

So now when I have finally seen the APO part I and II I can comment. :woot:
I just loved it. I think that it was refreshing. To me S/V wasn't rushed at all. For god sakes during the whole S3 they were apart. And it had been a whole month since the final ep of S3. It is clear that they love each-other so c'mon.
Marshall was just hilarious. Just so many good quotes. :lol:
Loved that all of our most beloved characters of Alias were back togethe(except Weiss :( )
I think that this is one of the best Alias episodes ever but I don't like that JJ isn't following his own storyline. Firstly what has happened to the Covenant? We were all dying to know who was the leader. Now the Covenant isn't even mentioned.
I hate the idea that Irina is dead. Like JJ throws away his own storylines. In S3 Katya told Jack that 1 day Irina will reveal her attentions when everybody least expect it. Now Irina is dead and what Katya said doesn't matter. Surely Irina's ultimate goal wasn't killing Syd. This leads me to another question. Last season when Jack contacted Irina through some messanger(or whatever) he asked about the passanger. Irina terminated her user account immediately. And as Irina is not the passanger she wanted to protect Nadia. So how is it that Jack knew where to find Irina. And if Jack didn't rig the house with tons of explosives(in wich SpyMommy was in) they must have had a hell of a fight. Irina isn't someone who can be just simply taken down. Going back to Katya now. In the final epi of S3 Syd shot her with some tranq gun. So is Katya under the custedy of CIA or did she escape? These things bother me greatly.

Part of a director / producers goal when making a show, is to spark an interest (or in this case to re-spark an interest). As much as some people disliked the direction that the show took, you can't say that he didn't hook many viewers on season 4.

He was never able to do that in season 3, mostly he just alienated everyone. This time he has caused concern over a few things, but I think for the most part everyone is excited to find out what happens next.

Good job JJ.

frrobnet said:
Hi, i m french and i would like to know if there are links to download the first episodes
Thanks
[post="1149962"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The forum guidelines clearly say that it is not proper to talk about an illegal downloading of alias episodes.
P.S. I have no idea.

SpyDude said:
The forum guidelines clearly say that it is not proper to talk about an illegal downloading of alias episodes.
[post="1149964"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Under the DCMA, you are allowed to time-shift when you watch an episode. I was always under the impression that you were able to download individual episodes, it's the same as recording it with your vcr.

I don't know what the french laws are on this sort of thing.

five said:
Under the DCMA, you are allowed to time-shift when you watch an episode. I was always under the impression that you were able to download individual episodes, it's the same as recording it with your vcr.

I don't know what the french laws are on this sort of thing.
[post="1150063"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Then I don't know. But it isn't illegal to tape episodes with your VCR. I mean it is uncontrollable. :blink:

I actually didn't hear that it was Swedish Syd was speaking. It didn't sound like that at all.. I thought it was another language she was speaking. Not until the third time I watched it I heard that it was my lanuage.. And also when she spoke english to that guy.. I have never heard a swede speak english like that ever.. She sounded more like she was from eastern-europe.. I think it's bad that they don't do a little check up.. it's easy to just ask someone.. it's a big show and this is not good for it.. I can't believe that they're making a mistake like that..

Otherwise the episodes were good..

I just want to say that I really enjoyed these first two episodes. I think I'm with the general consensus that things felt a little weird because obviously they are trying to simplify things in an attempt to hook in new viewers. But I loved all the tension and sass. It was a relief to see things start to go in a less frustrating direction for Syd and Vaughn too. I didn't think things were weird at all between them, though, just the spy sex was edited badly. I think it was also meant to feel rushed - the way that it would be after the stress of a near death experience. ALso I loved the scene where she slammed the door in spy daddy's face. Perfection. Marshal was hysterical as usual. And of course Sloane was creepy. I can't wait for next week!

Whew! Very difficult to catch up on all this...

ivand - Stop saying that people who think Irina may still be alive are stupid. You didn't write the show, so you have no idea what might happen. So, shut it. :P

I do, however, agree with your Tamazaki!love. :D

I agree with those who can't understand why people thought this ep was brilliant, especially those who have seen the show since Season 1. -_- But everyone is entitled to his (perhaps misguided ;)) opinion... I just miss how good the show used to be. This ep was so contrived compared to the genius of some of the past eps. Maybe it didn't help that I had read all the spoilers already (I vow to read less in the future), but it still went nowhere, it seemed to me. It as like an extended version of 'Resurrection' from last season. Nothing new. Definitely nothing any better than S3 or on par with S1.

jems - I SO agree with Gary, too! :P Utterly useless. And to get technical, being "hot" doesn't help you in the spy biz. You have to be able to blend in/be unnoticeable... Not that I think MV is hot, but I know of a small faction of Alias fans who do... :smiley:lol:smiley: Hehe. I've been reading too much Robert Ludlum. ;) <-- Now that's quality stuff. Perhaps JJ should delve a bit into some extra-curricular reading...

NumberSix - You are SO right about Sloane as head of APO. I said the same exact thing when I first saw that in the ep. <_< Since when are TPTB @ the CIA a bunch of really really ridiculously unintelligent human beings?

Wadia fans - While I disagree with your ship, I do want to clarify that technically (this is hearsay, so don't shoot the messenger if I am totally wrong abt this), ships are supposed to go man's-name-first. So yes, Wadia is correct and Neiss isn't. There are exceptions for pronunciation/abbreviation's sake, but if it's a new ship, it should prolly follow these guidelines. LOL I feel so shallow talking about this like it's so important... :lol:

About SAB47 - The idea that it is ONLY about Irina's death, et. al. cannot be true. Even if SAB did not stand for Sydney Anne Bristow, the date of conception for the project is her birthdate. So, it ain't just something recent, like the supposed Irina contract on Syd.

Rinda -- LOL! You could be right! Especially with that godawful, "Last year sucked" line from Vaughn. I think I may be the only one who thought it was sooooo stupiiddddd, tho. ;) BUT, I don't remember anyone complaining about the music. :hmm: And they changed that anyway (idiots).

five - I agree, though I don't think it's set into law anywhere. Since you can always tape eps, it makes perfect sense that downloading them is not illegal. I believe in that myself, anyway.

IsabellaofSweden - OMG wanna know something funny? :lol: My brother watched the beginning of the ep with me before he went to bed, and we were both trying to figure out what language she was speaking/what accent she was using. We finally agreed upon Russian, since that's what the chemist/guards were speaking, but then later (non-flashback), they said she was going to be Swedish. HAHA. :D Sad.

Whew!

Leslie said:
five - I agree, though I don't think it's set into law anywhere. Since you can always tape eps, it makes perfect sense that downloading them is not illegal. I believe in that myself, anyway.
Exactly the point I was trying to make, the betamax decision of 1984 said that it was legal for us to tape programs for viewing at a later time (time-shift).

I have always believed that as long as you only downloaded shows that were broadcast in your area, that you were fine in eyes of the law.

five said:
Exactly the point I was trying to make, the betamax decision of 1984 said that it was legal for us to tape programs for viewing at a later time (time-shift).

I have always believed that as long as you only downloaded shows that were broadcast in your area, that you were fine in eyes of the law.
[post="1150705"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, I also think the same. I mean come on, it's basically the same thing, and you get to save a tape afterwards. No useless consumption.

Les!!! You are reading Ludlum too! Yay! I agree his stuff is high-qual! The Bourne Ultimatium is my fav so far by him ^_^.

errr....going back to alias...I agree with Rinda! It seemed like a huge checklist! The show can never be like its old self anymore :(. I am HIGHLY hoping that the next episode won't seem as forced and contrived as APO1&2.

November 13 said:
Les!!! You are reading Ludlum too! Yay! I agree his stuff is high-qual! The Bourne Ultimatium is my fav so far by him
Not sure where this came from, but it's a crazy coincidence, that I just finished reading the Bourne Identity before I logged onto the site.

I thought the movies were good, so I had to check out the books.

Hi all,

My first time posting in this particular forum because usually I am reading it MONTHS after it has all been posted as I am from Australia.
For the first time I decided I was going to download the eps and be up to date with the US, because I am sick of accidently coming across spoilers before it aires over here. I also in no way feel guilty about downloading since alias is shown free to air over here anyway.

So I really liked the episode, and I have seen every ep on tv since the pilot. It did have a different feel to it which I believe will just take a little getting use too. Im a bit annoyed about all the talk regarding references to season 3 sucking....because while sure it was no way near as good as S1 and S2, it in no way sucked. To me alias can never suck, season 3 had some great moments.

Also am I the only one who doesn't yet like Nadia?....I mean I want Syd to have a friend and all...but I do not like this 'new girl on the block' feel. To me Alias is all about Sydney. She can no way take over Syd in the alias. If they make her as good as Syd I will be annoyed. I also felt the episode didn't close off season 3 enough....and was dissappointed with what was on the documents....surely that was not all there was. Anyway only the first 2 eps and they most definately made me excited to see more!!!

Jen

So in watching this episode for the 7th time (yeah I know, I have a disease), I paid a little more attention to the flash back scene back to Wittenburge. She strated breaking down after reading basically the first page. But if you freeze frame on the first page, you see that the only thing it says is that the project's subject was Sydney Bristowe, and that it started from the day she was borne and that Jack is the project director. IT says Nothing about the assasination of Irina Derevko.

Sloppy JJ, real sloppy.

Back