Season 4 Rate: Authorized Personnel Only (Parts I and II)

What did you think of "Authorized Personnel Only (Parts I and II) "

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
does anyone else think that they tied up all the stuff from ressurection too easily?

i mean, the wittenberg, we got the whole "explanation" though i'm sure there MUST be more to it...

and the whole nadia/sloane walking off, we just brushed over that...

it doesn't feel like we are still waiting for those answers like last season, how the missing 2 years stretched through the season...

does that make any sense? :blink:

toxic karma said:
Oh, and on a less obsessive note.  I also couldn't bring myself to rate it as great, because for some reason, the Syd and Vaughn scenes just didn't seem to run smoothly for me.  They seemed a bit forced...I think the characters were pushed back together too quickly.  :thinking:  Though it should be noted that I am a Sarkney fan, so any S/V scenes aren't great for me anyway...but in the past they at least felt natural...These just seemed uncomfortable.
[post="1146525"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

well I think there are many different reasons for that. ;)

anyways I have to go. mum's getting angry. ;) :lol: have fun chatting guys!
--Mandy :angelic:

Leslie said:
Well, he wouldn't have minded, since she did kill his dad. And he hates her for it. Supposedly. Plus he had all that rage over Lauren, so he could have taken it out on Irina. :lol: In addition, it would make more sense why Sloane said that the whole truth would incapacitate Syd.
[post="1146531"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Oooo ... plus Jack was making Vaughn the messenger in the beginning of the episode. Oh yeah, there's more going on there ....

:whispers: JJ, make Vaughn the SpyMom killer ... :lol:

haha....

🇳🇴 STUPID SCHOOL :angry:

I must go...but on a closing note...

It looks like the season's gonna be muuuuuch better than last season :D

Azalea said:
Was it just me, or did that spy-sex seem REALLY fast?  It was more like I'm-really-horny-let's-fix-that sex instead of I-want-to-make-love-to-you-all-night-long sex.  But I guess they're allowed both kinds. :lol:

Sydney needs someone who really loves her like Will.

Vaughn and Syd had meaningless, loveless sex. They are two people who should know better. That was like the unintentional sex that a drunk man and woman would have and then wake up the next morning full of regrets and shame. :(

That was consistant with this episode's point that Sydney has poor instincts about the people that she loves. She was wrong about her father, wrong about her mother, and for Vaughn. It can be said that not telling Nadia the truth about Irina having to die for having put a contract out on her is putting Jack at risk. Nadia has an idealised vision of Irina that should have been set right in order for her understand.

Deciding to hide that Jack had to kill Irina puts him at risk. Very foolish, Syd! (n)

Leslie said:
Well, he wouldn't have minded, since she did kill his dad. And he hates her for it. Supposedly. Plus he had all that rage over Lauren, so he could have taken it out on Irina. :lol: In addition, it would make more sense why Sloane said that the whole truth would incapacitate Syd.
[post="1146531"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Now I'm LOVING that idea.... because that would certainly incapacitate her.... nice....

hotpot said:
Oooo ... plus Jack was making Vaughn the messenger in the beginning of the episode. Oh yeah, there's more going on there ....

:whispers: JJ, make Vaughn the SpyMom killer ... :lol:
[post="1146542"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Seriously! :D

I gave it a 3. I think I need to rewatch it, maybe then I'll like it more! (It worked with Season 3 on DVD!)

mystery_chick said:
:lol: He can't join because Greg Grunberg has... other business to do. :lol:

This does have a different feel to it, i admit that, but it was a good different. :smiley:
[post="1146435"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
on the first point, do you mean
The Catch? Has it been picked up yet?

on the second, it definitely felt different, but I don't know about good>

Vaughnlover15 said:
yes i agree. the first episode..that kinda bothered me a bit, i mean as much as i LOOOVE s/v
[post="1146441"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It was too soon.

mystery_chick said:
what exactly do you mean?
:lol: speaking of the set. The APO set looks relatively new, but Marshall's office. Oh lord, I love how they just pain over some of the walls and make us think that it's a completely new place. Notice how it's gone from season 1 and half of 2's black set to the grey set in 3 and now it's white? :lol:
[post="1146449"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
heh, yeah I thought Marshall's office looked familiar! :lol:

Azalea said:
It definitely felt like old-school Alias - anything after Season 3 would be a relief, but this was even better than it needed to be!  I LOVE the fact that the whole "team" is back together - I don't care about the plausibility, I'm just glad they're all there.  And with Nadia in the mix now too - it should be a lot of fun.
[post="1146455"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You thought it felt old-school? I didn't feel that at all!

mystery_chick said:
did anyone else absolutly LOVE Marshall's impression of Robot!Dixon? :lol:

JJ sure used a lot of fan inputs into this ep. ;)
[post="1146458"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Loved Robot!Dixon and the "Last year sucked" references!

Alias_Fan0202 said:
new opener...I HATE IT NOOOO GO BACK TO THE OLD ONE!
[post="1146463"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I didn't hate it, but it wasn't right! There was no Rambaldi sign!

Leslie said:
Perhaps. I just expected it NOT TO SUCK. :hmm: *broods in corner*
ETA: For God's sake, it's a premiere. It's supposed to be awesome! The last three were, IMO! Yes, even 'The Two.' :P :lol:
[post="1146474"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I definitely wasn't impressed by this ep. I guess my expectations were too high, because I was disapointed by this ep.

Is it just me, or did Syd seem a little too snarky?
I miss Sark.
And Weiss. Does he really think Syd works for a bank?
And I'm probably in the minority, but I dislike Nadia. She bothers me and seems evil. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but like Jack said, the daughter of Arvin Sloane and Irina Derevko?

Ok, overall I liked this episode! I know some people hate it but oh well.

I have to break down and say that I like Nadia. I hate how she can came to be conceived but I can forgive her for that. See, that what happens when the actress can act and the writers seem to put some effort into her. And yeah, that dead partner of hers that the baddie had killed? Am I the only one thinking that they may have been more than just friends?

Ok, admittedly the S/V sex seemed rushed but at the same time I can understand why. Syd had just survived a life threatening situation which probably made her realize that in their line of work there may be no tomorrow. And I like the song they used. But my fave S/V part was the hug for some reason. *shrugs*

Dixon is back to being Syd's partner! YEA! He does belong in the field watching Syd's back. Marshall was great too! But how can anybody not love Marshall!

Ok, thanks to a certain television periodical I knew that Jack killed Irina. *glares at TV Guide and gives them the bird* But WTF! Irina put a contract out on Syd? Maybe she was set up by Katya and Jack killed the wrong person? And Nadia is gonna be pissed when she learns that Syd lied to her about knowing who killed their mother. I kinda understand why she didn't tell and I kinda don't. But after this, Syd can never jump down Jack's throat about not giving out the whole truth again. Now, Syd is just as guilty.

And Vaughn looked really bangable the entire episode. Spectacles! French accent! Kicking some booty! Yes, I am this shallow and damn proud of it! :P

Leslie said:
Well, that U2 song is officially ruined for me. :cry: :hide: This is the worst premiere in the history of television. (n)
ETA: Myself, not a fan of the new music. Also, Weiss is NOT APO. He doesn't know Vaughn is.
[post="1146255"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

U2 song titled "Bad"
from Unforgettable Fire (1986)
MC

hotpot said:
Oh God. That's going to get old fast ... if Weiss keeps buying the new I work at a bank felgercarb. It's going to be like Francie all over again.
[post="1146533"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Maybe he's not buying it. Maybe its part of a bigger plan where he ACTS as if he's buying it, esp. with this noted interest in Nadia.

d0nnatr0y said:
Maybe he's not buying it. Maybe its part of a bigger plan where he ACTS as if he's buying it, esp. with this noted interest in Nadia.
[post="1146551"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

slightly cheesy, i must admit...

freakforalias said:
And I don't know about you guys... but I was incredibly disappointed with how quickly the syd/vaughn lovin' came.... and disappointed that Jack executing Irina was what was in the Wittenberg documents....
[post="1146483"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm holding out hope that Syd just told Vaughn a half-truth about those...

Okay. The new opening credits. So.not.a.fan. :mellow:

And I wasn't too much of a fan of the quickly jumping into bed. But I've been starved for spysex lately and so I let it go. Plus, they used U2 for the scene, so therefore...

Marshall cracks me up. Him and Sark eating eggs. And Weiss saying "don't do that." And Marshall imitating robot!Dixon.

And WEISS. The way he hit on Nadia, and Nadia was all "umm... hi...?" and Syd was like "no! Bad Weiss!" :lol: Plus, he actually buys the felgercarb that she works at a bank. Again. Poor Weiss.

Something tells me that Vaughn had something to do with Wittenburg and the whole thing with Irina and Jack and Sloane knowing.

And so it begins. I will now recommence being obsessively SV. :lol: Even with the quickie sex.

I loved the epi best one in a over a year. But I hated it. Irina isnt allowed to die even if Lena won't come back. Loved the new look of HQ. Ticked that S/V hoped right back in the sack. Loved Marshall as always (Syd... Sloane is here. *big eyes, lil voice). Awesome. Thank you JJ for bringin back what we love. But I hate you for killing Irina. (j/k)

I have to say I actually loved Syd's snarkiness, coz she kept doling (sp?) it out (FINALL!), and it was like, THANK YOU the old Syd is back! But then, all the efforts were ruined in the end... *sigh*

Whoa...Oh my goodness....that episode was soooooooooooo worthe the wait!!!! Yes....the Alias we know and love is back! And I also tend to go too deep into things...which makes me wonder "is irina actually dead?" i I guess we'll never know??? :thinking: Oh, i thought marshall was freaking hilarious in the episode...eggs with sark...classic! :D

mystery_chick said:
AWWWW did eveyrone see that look on Jack's face?! :( gotta love SpyDaddy. ;)
[post="1146271"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

btw,
did syd have to reject the attempted
hug once she learned what went down
with dad saving her life???

Leslie said:
I have to say I actually loved Syd's snarkiness, coz she kept doling (sp?) it out (FINALL!), and it was like, THANK YOU the old Syd is back! But then, all the efforts were ruined in the end... *sigh*
[post="1146560"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

haha, i LOVED it...it was all bad ass syd again :lol:

she just wouldn't give it up, with sloane and her father...haha, i LOVED it!

Leslie said:
[post="1146560"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ack. There quite a bit of crying again. She get's the ending an episode in tears card from me once this season. She almost used it tonight. :hmm:

Back