Season 4 Rate: Authorized Personnel Only (Parts I and II)

What did you think of "Authorized Personnel Only (Parts I and II) "

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
oh why cant I live in the US i'm gonna have to w8 4 ages it's not fair.
I can't believe Irina's dead. (n)

Spy sark: I'm Sarks assasin #47 so close together

we need Sark - i wonder if him and marshall will become friends that would be so sweet. :D

okay my thoughts.

First off the scene where Marashall joined APO I nearly died. I am sitting in my room watching the tape at midnight using headphones b/c of the sound and I have three roomates and I have got both hands over my mouth trying to keep the laughter in because it was so funny, i thought i was going to die.

Second Weiss and Nadia, better happen b/c that was the cutest thing i've ever seen so now we know Weiss is 38 (he said 38 right) ah well in my world he is still younger. I know GG was is 38 or around there but i thought Weiss was younger. Mind you Nadia is a little young for him, she must be under 25 for sure.

Okay Sloan heading up APO, who didn't see that coming, as soon as i heard it was an unlikely new boss and Dixon as Syd's new partner, saw that coming too but still good. I can definitley see it returning to the season one aspects already. Can't wait for Will's return of course. I am definitley excited to see Dixon and Syd back together for partners, but where does that leave Vaughn. Sure he joined them on the samurai mission but mostly the missions are for only two of them (at least in the past so who knows) Hopefully they'll just flip flop between Vaughn and Dixon, oh and Nadia.

Back to Nadia and Weiss, who else would love to see them on a mission? What can I say, I'm smitten.

Okay and Vaughn burning down his house, i kinda wish they'd made a little more of that. "Not a happy home" lol

Marshall having eggs with sark! Dying of laugheter again another moment where I had to cover my mouth. I would love to see some Marshall/Sark bonding. I wonder if Sark will end up working for APO (just a theory of mine)

The pretty much non-mention of the covenant was surprising.

Syd telling Weiss she works for a bank, he'll have it figured out in no time flat. I don't see him joining APO for a little while though. My understanding was that he wasn't going to be in alias as much this season but he was listed as a regular in the opening credits so i'm guessing that decision has been revamped slightly. He may not appear as much till later on though.

Was David Anders listed in the min opening credits? Can't remember I'll have to go look and watch it again.

There was a lot of action but not as much as I'd thought.

The whole SAB47 secret documents thing. Irina's death wasn't listed on the SAB47 pages. Didn't Syd say it was a separate document. Which yes resolves the whole Irina thing unless Lena Olin decides to come back, which I hope she does. Despite everything I can not see Jack killing Irina, no way in hell and Sydney believing it so willingly was a little surprising. So yeah i think they just decided to sort of take the easy way out with those documents. I mean I know that there was obviously more to the story than just Irina's death and yes there is a whole season to come but come on.

Okay i so did not like Sydney lying to Nadia about Irina's death like that and further more what was up with the no contact with Nadia thing. If i were Sydney having seen Sloan for the first time the first question I'd be asking is where is Nadia? So in all that time she decided not to search for her sister at all.

okay the beginning with the grease and the guy and the earing, i nearly died laughing as well hmmmm

don't know what else to say........

Nadia, I liked her what else can I say, this is the first time we've really seen what she can do as far as acting abilities more so that last season of course.

can't wait till Will comes back, Angela Bassett was great and so was thatTamaki guy or whatever his name was.

okay back to syd working at a bank, that is an easy cover that maybe they're hoping Weiss will figure out, after all she did go to school to be an english lit professor after all.

overall great episode but I don't know it still didn't match to season one for me (particularly the premiere). I guess season one just had that innocence and softness to it that not all seasons possess, maybe once we see Will and more of Nadia that feeling will come back a little as well as Syd and Dixon working and her many aliases complete with accents.

to those who didn't like it at all, maybe just give it time, after all if you're posting here I doubt you're going to stop watching.

just my two cents anyways
Erin
(wow that was a long post)

I loved the new episode. However, I could do without all of the music. I miss the old credits but the new ones weren't that bad. Somethings have to change to get new watchers!

I am glad that they brought Marshall over to APO. It definitely wouldn't have been the same without him. :smiley:

adam_bristow said:
Ok, i may be a bit over the top but im dying here in Aus, waiting for some hint of release dates from our network... And im fed up with you people talking about this and that and giving no clue as to what you are talking about!
[post="1146950"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
See the thing is ... this is the thread for people to react after they have seen the episode, so yeah, unless you've seen it, which you say you haven't, this thread isn't going to make much sense for you.

Wait until verdantheart writes her summary column and her analysis of the SpyFamily in this episode. That'll will be a better way to find out what went on. ^_^

ETA: I think it's funny everyone gets Vaughn's comment about last year sucking except for one person. :lol:

I have more hope for this series. I just hope they bring Eric into APO. I just don't like Sydney having to lie to him now too. And I want him to be with the "team." I just hope the ratings will be enough for ABC to keep the series on next season as well.

Yeah I thought they would make more of the burning house (like show it), but in a way, it was good because it didn't dwell on last season.

This is so deja vu. the more I think about it the more I just want to laugh. I think it was a really good epi. it just was not what I was expecting(, completely).
I laughed like the whole 2 hours.
And was it just me or did the whole undercover thing have some Oceans 11 to it...

AgentDesertRose said:
the first hour was definitely crowded with commercials.
At one point the show was on for eight minutes between commercials. That is just ridiculous.

About the episode: after last season, it was a great start.

I have to keep telling myself that, it was just that a start. There are so many things that could happen. I think a lot of it was obviously put in for new viewers. I am fine with that, they will be the ones that keep the show alive. I just hope that it doesn't turn into a simple easy story arc, the way it was last night.

Everyone has commented about the stuff I liked: the last year sucked bit and Marshall with the eggs and "Sloooane is here." The way he said it was classic.

Heres to a helluva season. :–)

Alias_All_Star said:
And was it just me or did the whole undercover thing have some Oceans 11 to it...
[post="1147313"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

YES!

when they were describing the mission, i was like...hmmmm...

It wasn't great, just good. Some parts were just really... I dunno, weird I guess. But overall, good!! A great way to start a new season, it really has a season 1 feeling to it.

ETA: LOL, I like Syd's review. I really thought she was gonna quit!! :lol: But Sloane -_-, why won't he die! I swear, Syd was about to strangle him a few times during the whole ep.

A few moments I heart:
  • Vaughn saying, "Last year sucked." and me going, "Yes, very much indeed." :D
  • Marshall's arrest!! w00t! Go Marshall!! ^_^
    and
  • Jack saving Syd by car (very season 1 like ;) )

Jack_24 said:
i've heard the Rambaldi storyline may have run its course in order to try and attract more viewers. This may be the worst news i've heard in regards to the show.
[post="1146712"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I don't think they can completely take Rambaldi out of Alias, not with Syd and Nadia now working together.

mvrules said:
but why Vaughn was in DC boggled my mind. 
[post="1147081"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Confused me too. :confused:

Okay...so I was not completely blown away...but thought it was a great start...I was trying to see it as if I was coming into Alias for the first time...and I think I would continue to watch even if I had not seen the first 3 seasons....so that is good because we definitely want to capture new viewers.

Loved the chemistry of the team!!! Angela Basset will be a great addition! So good to have Marshall with them!!! :D Hated the way they tied up Syd's mom. I know that needed to be tied up, but YUCK! :angry: Actually I think it will come out that it was actually Katya portraying Irena who had the hit put on Syd. Perhaps just wishful thinking, but that is my theory and I am sticking to it! :cool: Of course then Jack will have the whole baggage of killing his wife when it was not necessary, as if the poor man does not have enough baggage already! (n) So good to see he is still the messed up loving awesome father we know him to be!!

Can't wait until next week!!!!!!!!

ahhh I totally loved everything about this episode!! The costumes the new villians, that S&V romance and weiss's little thing for nadia at the end. It was a great episode back to the old days!

I thought that the whole episode was awesome!! It is weird that Slone is the head of the black-ops division. I think it will just take some getting used to. Everytime he touches Sydney I want to scream. I am glad that we found out why Jack killed Irina. It is sad, but it just shows how much he lives Sydney. I think that Marshall was awesome and i am soooooooooo glad that he is joining the crew. It just wouldnt be the same without him!! I think we will be seeing a lot more with Weiss and Nadia. I really liked Nadia!! I didnt think I would, but I think she is going to add another layer to the show. I loved the new intro. I thought it was really cool how they showed all of her alias' throughout the seasons. I think that the whole APO thing is going to be good bc we get to see all of the missions. It is going to be kinda old school Alias with a new twist. All in all I thought it was incredible and worth the wait! :smiley: (y)

Back