Season 4 Rate: "Before the Flood"

What did you think of "Before the Flood"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
All u have to do is rent all the previous episodes like I did I really just got into ALIAS literally like three weeks ago or so. I rent them at Block buster and online because the videos stores dont have season 3 only the online renters do. :angelic:

i highly doubt anyone can survive that kinda crash i mean it was a truck that hit them and it hit them really fast.... so maybe it was a dream or something :Ponder:

i just hope Alias will be back for sure in september and they won't have to push it back to january cuz that will piss me off!

but omg! JJ is amazing! i never thought he would be able to pull of such a good cliffhanger in the last minute of the show (y)

i was REALLY happy with the season's last two episodes. all season long i was so disappointed with the format of the show, and the stories (i especially hated that each episode became self contained).but these last two episodes were amazing!!! after years of waiting to find out about rambaldi and the prophecy, it gets resolved.

about vaughnn, who knows what'll happen. i doubt he's gonna be too bad, more like jack (how he does bad things for a good cause).

i wonder how the show will go from here. what if S5 begins with vaughn having amnesia or something, and then syd has to find out what his secret was...that could be interesting... one never knows. there are so many possibilities.

can't wait for thursday nights now (in september).

i can't believe vaughn isn't vaughn. is he K-Directorate, SD-?, Covenant, or something else? And what about Weiss? Is he bad too?!

SydAPO05 said:
what does irana mean when she told him to be honest with syd???
SYD
[post="1355620"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Does anyone know who Michael Vaughn really is? I don't know how I am going to be able to wait until next season! I don't know if the real Vaughn has been cloned or what. I don't know what he meant when he said that Sydney meeting him was planned. Does anyone have any ideas?

emetib147 said:
ahh you MUST watch seasons 1-3 before watching this season!!!! this is what i tell all my friends that im getting into alias. without the background information season 4 doesnt have as much meaning because you cant tie in the references to past episodes and grr... just watch the first 3 seasons please!!! :lol:
yes... it was. :brokenheart:

JJ... i have a few words for you right now :wtf:  :madfire:  :madfire:
[post="1355825"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, I know. But I haven't had the time to go out to Blockbuster :( But Season 4 makes sense to me somewhat. There's still some questions. But man, I wish I didn't see the finale before watching seasons 1-3. It's gonna take me forever. It took me 2 months to watch season 1 of the OC, lol.

Leslie said:
But it's not a cliffhanger! :blink:

Vaughn won't die.

Syd won't die.

Worst thing that could happen is that Seasons 1 thru 2 will be ruined forevermore by some hair-brained last-season-of-Alias scheme that JJ has cooked up that makes Vaughn one of Irina's henchmen whose name is really Klaus. Haha. I would love for him to be named Klaus. :lol:

But this whole "let's ruin canon" thing has got me bothered... :(
[post="1355815"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

but it is. They are virtually ripping Alias apart. They took away Vaughn, whom been Sydney's rock the whole way through FOUR seasons. They put doubts about Irina because she KNEW about Vaughn. I mean cliffhanger episode wise, it didn't do much but for the show, it's like starting over ALL over again. We thought we get a fresh start this year, but next year, it REALLY is a fresh start. They can go anywhere with this. I mean it's sorta confusing and wrong in many many ways, but it's almost like exciting too! ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

mightylittleone said:
Vaughn has to be good.  He's Sydney's guardian angel afterall and what's with the car accident....I can't take it!
[post="1355762"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

He did say it was all in perspective as to whether he was good or evil. I think this is the answer to the question about why is he like jack - someone who is willing to do bad things for the good.

And he did say it was before he even met her, which means I think that it was pretty much done by the time she came onto the scene.

busysunday@9 said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG....Vaughn?  This is an extremly effective cliffhanger...I can't decide between this and season 2...OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
[post="1355764"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

For sure!!! But then we've only had 3. Season 1 wasn't that bad because of course Syd is going to come out alive. Season 3 didn't have one. But season 2 & 4 threw us for twists . . . sending the story in a whole new direction . . . only this scares me a bit, because after all, Season 2 cliffhanger led us to ugggg season 3!!!

And I guess I forgot to hit the quote button - this definitely will change how I see season 1 & 2 as well!! Maybe this will even explain Lauren - perhaps his marraige to Lauren was one big charade! (I hope not cuz though cuz that would be cheap.)

Or maybe it's nothing big at all. Maybe he was in witness protection for CIA operatives, and had a name change to protect his identity, and so on. Maybe it will all get explained away in ten minutes, and Syd will be sulky for awhile, and then they'll work through it. (I hope it's more than that though.)

As for not surviving the crash - I was in a crash a year or two ago that when I describe the conditions it seemed like it should have been really bad, but despite the car body being so messed up, the airbags didn't even go off and I was totally fine. So I think that while Vaughn is going to be unconsciousin a hospital he should be okay eventually. Syd probably is not going to be too seriously hurt at all

After i was over the shock...you know after the screaming and crying from the shock....I did what every fan in shock would do...I watched the end over and over again. But, i put the end on pause and fast forwarded while it was on pause. What this does, it lets you see frame by frame. When you do this, you can actually see the car approaching! When it was on this frame I pressed pause once again...and guess what I THINK that i discovered...it was Kendall that was driving the jeep that hit Vaughn (who we now have to freakin clue who he is) and Sydney!!!!!

I know that is kinda of a long shot...but the person driving is a white man who seems to be bald. Someo ther outside evidence to support this is that Kristin from E! said that he would be on the Alias season finale.

Has anyone done what I have done (even though it is kinda extreme...but I blame it on the shock)??? Does anyone think that it was Kendall that was driving??!!!

okay guys lets think about this just because Vaughns name might notreally be Vaughn, and if he was sent to be Syds handler that doesnt make him bad. i mean he still loves sydney and hes still the same person, just.. under a diferent name? ugggh.... of course syds gonna be pissed at first that he kept secrets from her but once they work that out.. since it was so long ago and i seriously dont think vaughn could ever be a "bad guy" it wont have any serious damage on their relationship... right...?

ah. i think i need to lay down.

The cliffhanger shocked me by the sheer speed of it but I knew something was going to happen on that road, time wise. But the clues are there - JJ always says the clues are there.

That whole convo with Syd's mom - that was the precusor - I was like "what secret? Man, Vaughn, what have you gotten yourself into now?"

And if that really ain't dad, then why the whole elaborate search? There's more to this one. I think he's deep undercover for the US - probably on a Jack-type level.

Could this also be the beginning of the end of Syd & Vaughn? I mean, it must be hard trying to do love scenes with your ex, right? I like Vaughn so I'm hoping it's some kind of covert type thing. And he said that it wasn't by chance that he was the one who helped Syd in the very beginning....ummmm.

Actually, this could be very interesting for next year. Maybe this is to keep Syd sidelined because of the pregnancy - JJ already said that alot of the physical stuff for her would be taken out now....

I'm just jonesin for next season already.....

nataliethealiasfreak said:
i highly doubt anyone can survive that kinda crash i mean it was a truck that hit them and it hit them really fast.... so maybe it was a dream or something :Ponder:
[post="1355834"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
LOL In the world of Alias, people survive MUCH worse. ;) There ain't no way they're dead. And if it's a dream, what a cliche copout! :wtf:

before I go in and read anyone's responses....I am in shock. First, that car accident was very realistic--it triggered some not-so-good memories of an accident I was in once. Second. How in the H-E-L-L could this guy pretend to be Michael Vaughn and claim to love Syd all this time and only now admit he's not Vaughn? WTF??? I'm glad we only have to wait until September, but I'm going to be very depressed and in shock for a while. I was really routing for Syd and Vaughn and was so happy that they were finally in Santa Barbara with the ring on her finger. She looked so happy, so beautiful.

good thing i didn't drink anything alcoholic tonight or i'd probably be a basketcase. :(

I'm actually happy that they're taking this whole new direction with "Vaughn".....

It's scary, but exciting. It'll make the show ten times more interesting.....

"Vaughn" finally has a past we can learn about.....

I have basically come up with he is really a bouble working for the bad people maybe and they overheared the conversation because he was bugged or the car was bugged and they intercepted him telling her the truth but on the flip side of that if that was true Vaughn should have known that

nataliethealiasfreak said:

i just hope Alias will be back for sure in september and they won't have to push it back to january cuz that will piss me off!

but omg! JJ is amazing! i never thought he would be able to pull of such a good cliffhanger in the last minute of the show  (y)
[post="1355834"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It was a car. someone on sd-1 played in slowmo. It wasn't a truck. It really did seem like it though because of the impact. It looked HUGE! *dies*

And I can't believe I didn't even take notice that it was the first time we've heard Sydney said "I love you" this episode. :cry:

--Mandy :angelic:

i say, let's put our trust in JJ and the writers because they know what they're doing. we're probably reading more into it than what it really means.....but still. who the hell is he. it'd be funny if he came out and said "my name is Michael Vartan and you're delusional and in a mental institution and i'm your ex that you dumped for Ben Affleck, which was a bad choice because did you see Gigli?"

Back