Season 4 Rate: "Before the Flood"

What did you think of "Before the Flood"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Actually I'll make one statement about the episode. Who did not just adore Spydaddy when he said that whole thing about having a lot more fun this year!!! I <3 him! and this episode was very reminiscent of Season 1 finale! yeah! alias. you have once again stumped everybody!

wat the f**k?!?!?!?!?!?! "my name is not Michael Vaughn!?!?!?!?!?! then who the hell are you? i just dont see how it could work out. how could the CIA make up a person? Vaughn worked there. Irina killed his father. he looks like his father!!!!!!!!! i just dont understand. unless he killed the real Michael Vauhgn or somethin.
which would be cool, but kinda depressing. i really will cry histerically if Vaughn is a bad guy sent to seduce Syd, like Irina did with Jack. I've always had such faith in their relationship, and now its practically gone. ::sobs uncontrollably::
although, you have to wonder about hte timing of that accident. kinda convenient for whoever Vaughn is working for (please be the CIA! please be the CIA!) that truck was goin like 80 or 90 mph. Vaughn n Syd definately werent driving that fast. especially on dirt roads. i think the whole thing was staged.
i cant wait for JJ to play this whole thing out. i guess i'm hopin that it will all just be some big mistake and the show will end next year (since they say it will be the last) with Syd n Vaughn's wedding with them all happy and leaving hte spy world for a normal suburbia life.
hey! i can dream cant i?
~kaitlyn

ok seriously
i dont think i slept because of this
and even thought its had time to sink in
OH.MY.F***ING.GOD. :thud: :jawdrop: :thud: :wtf:
seriously - what the hell happened?!?!!?
ok when the truck hit them i screamed soooooooo loud and i was shaking so bad but wha the HELL my name isnt michael vaughn!?!!?
what?! NOOOOOOOOO!!! no! no nono!! this changes EVERYTHING it changes 4 years - it makes them irrlevant and pointless and a lie

ok lets brake it down:
first i gave it a 4 because the ending made me bitter and imo the worst par of the ep: rambaldi prophesized a blood red horse..
WHAT?! LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! :lame:

the good: well alot of it was friggin fantastic!
jack/irina: ok just everything they did really. tourturing yelena, jack letting irina go and lest we not forget THE KISS :love: :love: i def. cried and screamed at the tv
irina/vaughn convo: well let's not go there yet b/c of the... <_<
syd/vaughn: everything before the final 5 minutes - like her accepting the proposal :love:
marshall/weiss: LOVED THEM
the punk with the earing from APO AHHAHAH that was so funny that he came back - i laughed out loud :P

but stil... HOW CAN HE NOT BE MICHAEL VAUGHN!!!

Overall it was a great show - Jack had some awesome lines, like how he was trying to have more fun, there were some great call backs to Almost Twenty Years, and some nice spy family drama, and of course the ending.

This finale was great, on the whole! Jack and Irina together with Elena were awesome! "I'm not going to torture you. I'm going to let him do it." That was great. And I'm glad Nadia isn't dead, but how will they bring her out of that state she's in now? :thinking:

For all of that, I've been royally pissed ever since the last 3 minutes of the show. It doesn't make any sense that Vaughn was bad once, and his name isn't really Michael Vaughn. What about his watch? What about his father, the dead CIA agent? I can't see how Sydney will ever be able to forgive him and move on. It's been a lie between them since the beginning. It's like the end of season 2 all over again. Everything's going ok with them for once and bam! we're dealt unimaginable/unbelievable felgercarb again. And then to be hit with a horrible car crash! What now-amnesia? Vigils next to a bedside where someone might die? I'm so disappointed with the ending. :tvhorror:

"<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>My name isn't Michael Vaughn it's..........BEN AFFLECK!!!!!"</span>

I knew it! I knew it!

I said when they were driving down the highway....OMG they're gonna get into an accident (because I had heard that something you wouldn't expect would happen) but I thought it would have been from Syd grabbing the wheel after Vaughn told her the bad news.

Now they can deal with Jen's pregnacy by having her in traction for a month. Or if MV wants out of Alias they could have him die or have him so disfigured that he has massive plastic surgery and they bring in a different actor (just kidding).

doesnt the line on his watch sounds all different now: "its stopped the day I first met you" this is so funny! (yup, I think im in denial)
I just saw that part from alias-media and well....I just think S5 will b all the explianation and everything will b good again!
anyway, neither MV (vartan) or JG wants out from alias, they will both apper in S5, dont worry!

Irina and Jack's kiss was the best part of the episode, the end.

second place goes to the best cliffhanger ever.

Hibou said:
Am I the only one who was extremely disappointed?
[post="1356250"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
No. They think we'll be so glad that Irina's good that we won't notice that

It. Made. No. Sense.

There was a way to make Irina good and have things work.

That wasn't it. -_-

They just had to have their cake and eat it too, didn't they? Jack is stupid. Irina is weak. I am disappointed.
✌️

All that I can say about this year's finale of Alias is...WOW. I was a bit sceptical through out the whole episode whether or not it would be "finale-ish" with a proper cliffhanger. The course of the episode itself was rather slow and sort of uneventful until the last ten minutes. But in the last scene on the road in Santa Barabara and they were all happy and stuff i got caught up in the happyness of the scene I was thinking "wow...how crazy would it be if the car blew up right now". When Vaughn began expalining to Sydney all that S T U F F I totally forgot about my "car blowing up theory" until I saw that car...out of the driver side window....and WHAM! I SCREAMED full out AAAAAH!! And I then yelled "NO I WAS JUST KIDDING!" (talking about something happening to the car)

I was also pretty worried about Alias...I'm also a fan of The O.C. on FOX and after watching the season finale of The O.C. last Thursday and being blown away I was actually considering watching it over Alias next season but...after this there is no doubt in my mind that Alias will be watched next year on Thursdays @8 by me...and The O.C. will go on the back burner and be recorded and watched later when I have time.

The cliffhanger lives at Alias once again!!

1st off it made me so happy they finally made it to SB but i was screaming and shaking when Vaughn said I am not Michael Vaughn.

Kelli

Umm...okay here is my opinion.

1. I kind of felt like I was watching a snipet from the Resident Evil movies. Everyone walking aroung with Red eyes and trying to bite and kill each other. It was odd... :blink:

2. Can't even pretend it was great seeing Richard (Brodien) in the episode again. I was waiting for a reference to barbequing indoors to pop up. Love JJ for using people from his old shows. :smiley:

3. Irina and Jack....The whole scene with "I'm going to let him torture you" GREAT!! Can you feel the chemistry! I miss Irina..she better be back on the show next season.

4. "Well for starters my name isn't Michael Vaughn.....BAM!!" WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT!!! Wrong...it was just wrong! :nonono:

5. One of my favorite lines..."What would Jack do?" I think that we should all incorrporate that into our lives..."What would Jack do? Torture!!! :smiley: :lol:

That episode just made my love of JJ grow..he is fantastic! :smiley:

OK then. Strong episode. But who do we think was driving the car?

1. A set up before V could spill his stiry (that would mean Irina's in on it)
2. Jack, perhaps (but that might be a bit a a strong statement just cause you don't want the guy to marry your daughter :D )...
3. Sloan, perhaps (but I have no idea how he would have pulled it off from his prison cell)?
4. The Coventant or CIA... if he was involved with either - to silence him.
5. Bill V. - again to keep him quiet (or he was dissapointed in the life choices his son made...)
6. Lauren or Sark since they do not seem capable of dying and have yet again come back...

Or was it Rembaldi just out for a joy ride on the Pacific Coast Highway having been carried there by the big wave created by the device (it would take some time toi get to CA from Russia). :blink:

Seriously though, I think there is a lot the writers COULD do with the accident (and more so the potetnial driver).

BTW, I have way too much time on my hands to be thinking of this stuff... HELP!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH, now my summer is totally ruined! i won't be able to enjoy it, coz i'll be to busy trying to figure all this out!

OKay Im still in shock..so much that my stomach hurts...

Vaughn not being Michael Vaughn...how cruel! Why would they do such a thing?? Then the darn car smacking the side of the car..totally not cool again. Finally they go to SB and this all happens WTF? sorry to say but Im not liking the idea...

seriously, this is the first finale that didn't end with Sydney's surprise face, it ended with a car crash

i mean come on, she can look cpmpletely surprised in like 4 different ways, dude.....
its crazy

and the whole vaughn bein bad thing, sorry, but the whole sexy bad boy image is taken by the only person who can make it look good, that right, sark, we only need one bad boy and thats him, vaughn just needs to go back to bein vaughn,
end of story

On Holy Jesus!!! I am so freaking out right about now! So I finally [saw it] and the episode was fantastic - Sloane turned good which was great and he was the one who shot Nadia which was a massive suprise and totally awesome!! Irina was also a good guy and wandered away to freedom - but then we all saw that coming right ;) The scene before Sydney went to the roof when Vaughn went after made me cry more than I have ever cried at Alias - it was so scary. I was so worried what was gonna happen and Nadia looked damned freaky!! And then after saving the world we have the ending - the perfect trip to santa barbara - except we are awaiting Vaughn to do as Irina asked and tell Sydney something about himself......something which doesn't sound too good........and btw why the hell does Jack not know about this thing anyways??.....is Vaughn actually Russian........if not why would Irina know anything????.....anyways they are driving and after watching The OC last week with the crash I could see it coming but OMG did I jump out of my seat when the car got hit. It was such a shock!! And OMFG "My name is not Michael Vaughn!"............so what the hell is his name?? Does that mean Irina didn't really kill his father? And if not then why did she say he looks llike his Dad?? Why was he the one from the CIA who went to meet Sydney on her first day - was it because the government knew all along that Sydney was The Chosen One and they chose Vaughn (for whatever reason) to be the one to guide her to her destiny!? There are so many questions buzzing around my head right now I don't even know where to begin...and now we have to wait for months and months who the hell Michael Vaughn really is...............all I can say is pleeeeeeeeeeeeease don't let him be a bad guy. Please JJ!!!!!!!!!!!

[hey, you're a mod! :lol: - V]

eta: oopsie thanks v ;) i pasted it from my LJ :blush :lol:

i thought it was quite humourous--the end i mean. it was so obvious that they were going to be hit by a car. i was just waiting for it. and then he's all "well first off my name isn't michael vaughn" and then they got t-boned. it was so predictable with the car hitting. and the fact that his name isn't vaughn and all is just kinda stupid. i mean, we are going to spend the entire summer coming up with great things that could explain it all, we'll spend the entire summer reading fanfics and talking about it and all, and then the actual explanation will totally not live up to our standards. so in that sense, it sucks.
another thing that sucks, irina's gone. again. the kiss with jack was nice. the relationship discussion with vaughn was nice. the hitting her sister was hilarious. but now she's gone. it's just mean to dangle her out in front of us then pull her away again. makes me angry.
jack saying "i'm trying to have a little more fun lately" was one of the funniest lines i had ever heard. i literally shrieked with laughter. i love jack forever.
sloane. yucky. why can't he just be bad again? he's such a better character when he is evil. really. i don't like him as a good guy, he's just too slimy and creepy to be able to pull it off.
vaughn and syd getting married. oh good god. hopefully they'll be married so then there won't be all the annoying focus on their relationship. it will just be there. i mean, they don't even have that great of a relationship. there's not that much stuff backing them up. jack and irina obviously have this huge backdrop relationship that we don't know everything about. but we've seen the s/v relationship since the very beginning and it's not that surprising, it's not that complex, it's not that good. i don't mind them being together--really i couldn't care less--but the show totally blows when it focuses on their relationship. really. it sucks when it does that. of course now with the whole "i'm not michael vaughn" thing, there's a chance that all will be better.
all in all, i am excited for next season and i have hope that the show can become better.

m-c

That was a freaking awesome episode. It was all pretty typical but holy felgercarb that cliffhanger is brutal!! I don't think Syd and Vaughn are dead from the crash, probaboly not even hurt. I think Vaughn's secret will be a big deal to Syd and it'll take her a while to get over it but ultimately Jack or Irina will snap her out of it and she'll eventually be glad she knowns (I for one and DYING to know what his secret/real name it!) and they'll get married and all that good stuff.

I was really suprised that the whole "end of the world" thing got resolved - I was expecting THAT to be the cliffhanger - but this one is way better.

When she said yes was one of the most priceless S/V moments ever - but my new favorite Vaughn line is when he told her she would look "sexy as hell" at a beach wedding. I melted, haha.

Back