Season 4 Rate: Detente

What did you think of "Detente"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I absolutely loved this ep!! I was so rooting for Syd and Nadia in the bar! The scene at the shooting range was awesome too!! Loved Syd figurring the girlfriend out by her shoes and the mess and stuff that was so cool, and the look that Vaughn gave her was so cute, and she returned it which was even cooler!! Awesome ep, especially loved the fact that they used "Freedom" again!! WIKED!!

I loved this eppie so much. I know i say that every week, but this has really raised the bar for me.
Sydneys smackdowns on Sloane were what made it for me. Lately ive been thinking "dude, he killed your best friend and fionce, and youre just gonna work with him? WTF?"
I was a little dissapointed at how they seemed to be just forgetting the past a little in this season, and thats the reason this eppie did it for me. For Syd to say "The past years DID happen, and YOU are most of the reason for my pain, and i will never forgive or forget that" kinda brought in the continuity of the show, and i think thats what makes it so strong. The previous epies, althoguh i loved them, had no continuity with past seasons. This eppie was fantastic because it tied certain things in, and set the course of the Syd and Sloane relationship for perhaps the rest of the season.
Do i make any sense? Oh well! And Wadia is so cute. Im hardocre S/V, but still......

Here's what I originally thought:

QUOTE(facade47 @ Feb 16 2005, 09:47 PM)
I just had a thought....

PHOENIX: rise from ashes, like Syd did from those two years....

EVERGREEN: always naive??? ever......green.....

Maybe

Does that make sense?

umm..i thought green means jealous..soo ever----green could mean always jealous. Maybe that Nadia is jealous that Syd was able to have a realtionship and actually meet their birth mother and Nadias chance was taken away when Irina died. This could maybe play into the end of the season when Nadia might find out that it was really Jack and her (being ever---green) as in envious will just take out all of her grief on Jack and possibly Sydney! That is definetly a stretch but I just thought i would share it.

this ep was awesome! by far one of the best this season. I liked all the relationship stuff going on between syd and nadia. nadia really seems like a part of the regular cast this season after that ep, not just some random character added because they didn't have a female opposite for syd to connect/conflict with. really cool, i almost didn't notice that this week's plot is the same as it has been all season, stealing chemicals that can be used as explosives, bio weapons, etc. I can't wait until next weeks ep with sark and anna, it looks really cool, and the return of supervillians instead of the usual baddies. :D

I loved this ep i thought it was great tho i'm such an arse i stupidly voted for it was bad instead of it was one of the best ever and stuffed it all up! :( damn my stupid mind :angry:

I said it was just OK,because i actually don't really like the begining of this season.It looks like sometimes that's another show,but not ALIAS.It even arrived to annoy me(sleeping in watching alias looked impossible before).
However i've loved syd and nadia on mission together,and marshall asking jack "do you want to mary me",and jack's traumatized reaction.

This is one of my favorite episodes ever because of Sydney's fantastic characterization towards Sloane. She took no felgercarb. She had her back bone, and used it. I was so damn proud of her in this I made two fan arts and uploaded it to Alias-Media and Jen-Garner.net, LOL.

I liked this episode. I'm glad Nadia and Sydney finally had a Spysis mission, and the ass-kicking was way cool. The sisters became closer, and once again, more was revealed between the two. I give this episode 4 stars. (y)

I thought it was good but not as good as previous episodes, but I thought sloane and Syd were good, it was good acting from Jen

Oh, yes. This is more like it. Without doubt, the best episode yet of S4 after the season premiere. Infact, i'd go as far as to say this is in the top ten of my all time Alias favourites.

For me, this was the first episode of the season which really hit some things head on: the Syd/Nadia partnership; the growing escalation of Weiss/Nadia; and primarily, the Syd/Sloane relationship which had previously not really been addressed. Here, of course, it was & both JG & RR made the most of it. Splendid acting between the two of them.

It was just filled with terrific moments: Sloane in Syd's house; the touching Dixon/Syd moment; Syd confrontation with Sloane; the Monte Carlo mission, spacifically "They call it, fooot-ball" "Foooot-ball?". When Nadia mentioned Real Madrid, I nearly went to heaven. I'm with Weiss, I love the fact she talks footy; and of course, the brilliant ending with Syd acting as a rep of Sloane's. You can feel the tension building throughout this, between several characters. It was really well-done.

If S4 maintains this level, Alias is getting back to the glory days. (y) (y) (y)

I give it 4.It was great! Finally more normal episode.Sydney and Nadia mission together,kicking ass.Sydney and Sloane,Sydney telling how much she hates him.and that end scene,Sydney first thhreating someone with Sloane and later telling ,that she dont want transfer because distance doesnt change that what sloane did and "I see you tomorrow"Brilliant!

it's one of the best this season, but i guess that doesn't say a whole lot, lol
ummm... anyway i give it a 4! :smiley:

Back