Season 4 Rate: Echoes

What did you think of "Echoes"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
^^
Agreed. With everything said. I was laughing my head off at Sarks little snyde comments, and actually thinking "its good to have him back" while also thinking "why, oh WHY arnt there any s/v shippy moments yet? IM DYING!"

LOVED this episode. Jennifer Garner rocks my socks. That last scene? Oh dudees, shes so goooooooood!! Theyre all so good!!! I LOVE THEM!!!

Absolutely loved it! Loved the vark action. Also I was glad that they are bringing Rambaldi back into the picture.

I was wondering when I when i was watching it, what sloane thinks of the Wadia sitution. Because he was watching Weiss talk to Nadia after Syd rescued her...

Favorite quote of the episode: "Fine she can have the blouse"

ya, the show WAS amazing
it was teh best one so far, this season of course
finally there was rambaldi
n the scenes with sark were awesome
he had great lines
cant wait till next week
w the sark syd kiss
i like vaughn but that should b interesting
hmmmmmm

I voted for one of the best ever, just because I was feeling generous, but if I'm being completely honest, and allow me to be blunt here...

A lot of the show looks FORCED. I think that their goal of bringing back the good ol' days, back from S1, has not been achieved; i think they've failed. they have tried, and it shows that they are trying to do that, but it also shows that they are not doing that.

Anna's first lines, when Anna was sitting next to Nadia, looked so faked it was as if she was reading them straight from a q-card. Even Jennifer lately seems a bit off, like her lines are completely faked, like she's not even acting! I mean, the 'get your hands off me' thing sounded like my little cousin read it! No offense to Jen, love her to death, but I'm just, like, concerned if anything, not saying she's a bad actress she's one of the best I've ever seen! But I am saying that at this time, she's barely up to par.

Plus, one thing that I found to be just plain ignorant was when she said to Nadia "Rambaldi says that only one of us will survive" when in actuality the prophecy goes "The Passenger and The Chosen One shall battle. NEITHER will survive." That's the most important part, and the writers just screwed the whole thing up!

Also, if they think the Syd/Nadia/Weiss/Vaughn relationship can replace the Syd/Francie/Will relationship, they're off their rockers, mate.

I think adding writers from other shows that everyone thinks are similar to Alias but aren't was a terrible idea, sorry.

So, that's my opinion. I'm fed up. Something's missing. I don't know what it is, but I think that it's JJ's job to find out what it is and fix it.

"Echoes" brought back the old Alias :D . Sark and Anna coming back was great, i loved how they tied in and brought back the Rumbaldi story i kinda missed that. I loved the scene with Vaughn and Sark it was so awsome :woot: , the tension was so thick. I loved the ending i miss having those cliffhangers like how it was when Alias first started. :lol: The whole storyline about Nadia and sydney fighting i knew that was going to happen some time. I have a feeling that will be the season finally and we won't know who survives. But we all know who will in the end. Can't wait for next weeks episode looks great. :lol:

I think and hope that some of things that Sydney has been telling Nadia are lies. If you remember, Sydney did not tell Nadia the "truth" about Irina's death. Jack has lied to Sydney to "protect" her and now I think Sydney is trying to "protect" Nadia by doing the same which is to lie or twist things somewhat.

Or maybe the writers thought about it and decided that they really can't kill'em both, so they're trying to back out of the original "prophecy." Maybe they think we won't notice or we won't think much of it, but the fact is, I would be super pissed if they do have a battle and one survives. Now, if they both die and Sydney is brought back to life by the one and only Rambaldi then that I can live with that. I can also live with Sydney reincarnating and obviously that would put everyone else alive around 30 years older or dead, and we'd have a whole new cast. Although Vaughn would be around 60 or so, Jack and Sloane would be dead or close to it. :Ph34r:

Sorry everyone, I've lost my mind. Has anyone seen it?

White_Rabbit said:
I voted for one of the best ever, just because I was feeling generous, but if I'm being completely honest, and allow me to be blunt here...

A lot of the show looks FORCED.

Plus, one thing that I found to be just plain ignorant was when she said to Nadia "Rambaldi says that only one of us will survive" when in actuality the prophecy goes "The Passenger and The Chosen One shall battle. NEITHER will survive." That's the most important part, and the writers just screwed the whole thing up!
[post="1235204"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think it can't really be anything but forced after the S3 plot screw-up. It will blend back into itself again over time, I think.

As for the second point, I believe Syd pointed out that the original interpretation of the prophecy was wrong, and that it was only one that would survive, instead of both perishing. I think that was one of her points in telling Nadia.

Leslie said:
You got it -- all the fault of S3 character assassination. -_- I was S/V from S1 to S2! :eek: *gasp* lol ;) After the twist at the end of S2, and the first few eps of S3, I was done with S/V, and continually more disgusted with Vaughn the person. *sigh*
[post="1232356"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah thought so - damned JJ - if only herealised he killed sydney and vaughn for so many in season 3 :depressed: he only held onto me cos i am a hopeless romantic i suppose. i mean i did start to losoe it with vaughn in s3 too i suppose ^_^

Dim Bulb said:
i'm not a real fan of vaughn either. i liked him best when he wasn't in the field and he was just sydney's handler. he's an office dude to me.
[post="1232704"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

this i sjust what my boyfriend thinks - to quote him about weiss and vaughn the other week "these guys should just be in the van eating donuts" :lol:

^ LOL! But can't you see how adorable a scene like that would be? Weiss and Vaughn in the van eating donuts? Two bachelors just kinda sittin' around... Watchin; other kids do the dirty work... :D Hehehe I SO agree with Gary on that one! :lol:

yeah - pretty much like the mission with syd and nadia going in together to the guys room with the blokes just watching and being impressed :smiley: reminds me of phase one aswell - good times :smiley:

This episode was pretty good. I enjoyed it, but it was nothing amazing. I did, however, love the first real cliffhanger of the season. I actually jumped from my seat, and couldn't wait until next Wednesday. I give it 3.5 stars. (y)

Ah, this episode feels like when you've been away on holiday for a few weeks in unfamiliar territory and you return to your own comfortable bed which you've missed more than anything. Or like slipping on an old pair of slippers...a great feeling.

This felt like the Alias of old, with the new just squeezing in. It felt very Season One, not just because of the great Anna Espinosa returning (and I like the fact they seemed to allude to the Alias computer game by commenting Anna was presumed dead, as she was in the game), but because Rambaldi was around but hovered in the background. We weren't choked on it like in S3. The story seemed to flow better for it.

Things I liked: Anna's return, the fight scene in the shoe shop overladen with easy listening musak was great; Weiss/Nadia stuff; Sark's return, great scenes with Vaughn & "for the bubbly, of course" :D . And the fact we had a cliffhanger. About bloody time!

Roll on next week. (y) (y) (y) (y)

All in all this one gets a 2. it was pushed just to much, and i loved anna back but the accent was way to forced and ruined it for me

Back