Season 4 Rate: In Dreams...

What did you think of "In Dreams..."?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Leslie said:
And I'm glad you don't have one either. :P
[post="1337009"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: I"m so glad that the feeling's mutal. :P
--Mandy :angelic:

AliasFan#1 said:
The butthead almost got me crying and feeling sorry for him but I knew better so I held it in. :P

PS butthead = Arvin Sloane
[post="1337012"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You are stronger than me. I shed a few tears, but I tried to tell myself they were for Emily not Sloane.

AgentBlueEyes said:
Can I just say, that I loved Jack's cane? I thought that was the coolest!

[post="1336923"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree!!! It's those details that make shows great . . . Alias hasn't always been the strongest with those details so I thought the cane was fantastic.

AliasFan#1 said:
OK now who rated it bad??? Fess up now. :P
[post="1337001"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Probably someone who was disappointed with the lack of action. I mean c'mon, as good as it was for the story line, let's face it wasn't a typical Alias ep.

But that's almost better if you ask me . . . Alias is playing with our minds again . . . two weeks in a row they've managed to cook up fresh twists. It was getting stale; a break from all the action appears to have been just what was needed!

ms.katejones said:
Was anyone else amazed at how young Emily looked? They did a good job with her hair and makeup, she just seemed so fresh and happy.
[post="1337006"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know, I was really impressed too!!! Intersting that they didn't try to do the same with Sloane, but I guess it goes with the whole idea that he was choosing to stay there in that timeframe in his mind.

gypsy_silk said:
Probably someone who was disappointed with the lack of action. I mean c'mon, as good as it was for the story line, let's face it wasn't a typical Alias ep.

Ugh if that's the case come on life isn't always action even though some people would like it that way.

I have to say...I was very impressed with Jen's directorial debut. And the episode itself was amazing as usual...I was glad to see Emily back, even if it was just for a flashback. I was so sorry when she was killed...I know Sloane is evil, but she wasn't.

And OMG!!!!!! Did anyone notice the previews?????? Is there a proposal in the future???

Oh my gosh it just finished here in Colorado and let me just say.......Kudos to Jen Garner on her directing debut! (y) That was one great eppy! :D

I loved the initial Syd/Jack moment where she assures her Dad that "she's here now" But then of course, she had to discover that he knew what Sloane was up to and get really ticked....warm fuzzy moment gone! :( (n) Oh well, we knew it could not last! :rolleyes:

Was Dr. Liddel mentioned/referred to at all in this episode....I think I may have missed the first 30 seconds...when I turned on the show Jack was holding up his arms and saying this is ridiculous...was he treated, healed or what? Did they say?

The character development and learning more about them has been great this season!

I know the previews this week were just about as exciting as the whole episode. (Not that the ep was bad, but it was more about character and less about action.)

^ can't wait till next week either! and im outta school! :D ill be sure to catch it!!! :D

this week's ep had A LOT more emotion than any other ep of Alias...in my opinion. it was a bit unexpected! wonder if that's cus jen directed...

freelancer7 said:
Oh my gosh it just finished here in Colorado and let me just say.......Kudos to Jen Garner on her directing debut! (y)  That was one great eppy! :D

I loved the initial Syd/Jack moment where she assures her Dad that "she's here now"  But then of course, she had to discover that he knew what Sloane was up to and get really ticked....warm fuzzy moment gone! :(  (n)  Oh well, we knew it could not last! :rolleyes:

Was Dr. Liddel mentioned/referred to at all in this episode....I think I may have missed the first 30 seconds...when I turned on the show Jack was holding up his arms and saying this is ridiculous...was he treated, healed or what?  Did they say?

The character development and learning more about them has been great this season!
[post="1337065"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think Syd said something about "you know Dr. Liddel said you had to follow his treatments to the letter" when she was telling him to keep his hands up.

Somebody mentioned back there a reference to Cole and fire needles - where was that? I missed that one.

First off, I think Jennifer did a great job directing. The only thing that stands out in my mind was the too close face shot with Arvin Clone. After I re-watch the episode I may pick up more, but it was still a great first directing gig for Jen.

I'm also loving how Alias is going back to Season 1 & 2; making us question who's allegiances lie where and what they're really up to. Some characters in 3/4 have seemed too up-front and flat compared to the first & second seasons, but I'm glad that's changing again. Personally, however, I really want Sloane to be good, at least for Nadia's sake. :( I was hoping that Nadia, like Sydney in "Mirage," realized that her father really did care about her. Sloane's last lines in this episode however, the ones where he's saying he's trying to do the right thing, had a strange overtone to me that hinted his "trying" might not be enough to keep him from "turning back to the Dark Side.." er, Rambaldi.

In regards to the preview, I saw another one at the end of the Super Nanny special that has the narrator saying something like "The betrayal, the discovery, the proposal" or something simliar. After the narrator said "The betrayal," though, Nadia was almost crying and said (looking at the camera) "You lied to me." My heart sank, as according to the prophecy she's going to fight Sydney and I really really really don't want that to happen. "The discovery" excited me though, as that's when they find Irina.

Once again, great episode and can't wait until next week! I'm just wondering what the finale will be... I'm not creative enough to think of possibilities. Good ones, anyway.

Hey did anyone check the AOL preview yet? Because it is definitely different from last week... and can I just say, A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!! I don't know how to do the spoiler tags thing, so I won't say anything, but the one they showed last week that wasn't in this episode is not the one that is up now. Anyway... enjoy! :angelic: (y) :woot:

^^When Jack was strapping Clone in, he remarked about it. Trying to persuade Jack there was nothing that would work to get info out of him, he made reference to that incident!

This is another episode that rewards the Alias fans who have been trying to deduce the clues that the past episodes left for those perceptive enough and open minded enough to anticipate! :D

No big surprise that Cloane really thought that he was Arvin and had been conditioned with Sloane memories, from what Cloane told the woman scientist, who he forced to build the circumference. It's good to tiied in that SD-6 guy, McCullough. He was afraid of his new boss.

I deduced that Sloane believed that he was doing things that he thought was for the greater good, even if he had to do some harm while doing it. That ties in to eliminating Cloane's second-in-command, Carter that some people misinterpreted at Arvin going insane.

Previously we had clues that Omnifam feeding the millions of poor, hunger people for some purpose that had to do with genetically modified food. To tie that in to the water and Rambaldi's orchid was clever of JJ. To try to force people to be peaceful for world good would fit into the Sloane that I've come to know. That explains why Arvin likes to drink water.

No surprise that the title referred to how Sloane would meet Emily again.

Seeing who Jacquelyn was was anticipated by many people who realised that the secret password had to be very significant to Arvin. If we eliminated the possibility of Jaquelyn being Emily's middle name as being too easy to be a safe word that no one would know, Sloane's love of family only left the possibilty of a secret daughter who died being Jacqueline.

I loved the interaction of Emily and Sloane together, especially in the idealised world that Sloane wanted to stay in. I knew that Emily was the great love of his life. I always assumed that Irina seduced him rather thatn he seduced her.

I guessed that Sloane was going to be tempted to stay in the dream world and it would take the love of his daughter Nadia to bring him back. We know how important family is to Arvin. And once again, Sloane confessed to being ashamed for the bad that he had done. It was good to learn that the death of baby Jacquelyn is what lead Arvin to his obsession with Rambaldi, because it filled a hole in his heart. Sloane IS a tragic character, not 'The master of Evil' as some think. It was good to see Nadia profess her love for him and her belief that he can still redeem himself after all of the mistakes that he made. It was her insistance that he needed to correct the mistake that he set in motion that brought him back. Arvin wants to be a good man.

There is not a suggestion that Nadia isn't his daughter when Arvin described her as "My Nadia" rather than "My daughter" to Emily. It just meant that he didn't want to describe her as his illegitimate daughter to Emily.

I wonder about how in Season One Sydney knew that Jack had confided in Irina about his work, and this season it is a revelation. :blink:

I hated the preview of what it looks like Vaughn did. That is a "Jumping the Shark" scenario that would spell the end of the show. Hopefully it is either a dream or she'll turn him down. I hope that JJ knows soap opera elements don't belong in Alias. Alias is not a soap opera!

Back