Season 4 Rate: Pandora

What did you think of "Pandora"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
so much detail

vaughn did say he did all he
did just to see his dad one more time
there is really cryptic information
about whether irina is really gone

"sloane" wanted syd killed-
so is that the sloane in argentina
may have put out the hit
what's the new rambaldi component?
what's in that text in the lucite case?

i loved the line from vaughn to syd
"i know my dad is dead, but he would
have never walked out on me and my mom"
"he would never have walked away from the ones
he loved...and neither could i"
the sweetest thing vaughn has ever said to syd
with the possible exception of proclaiming his
love for her back as prisoners in north korea

i admire marshall for running the test on
spydaddy..so there is evidence of some mutation
whatever could it mean for jack?
fairly poignant moment between sloane and nadia
as he told her to believe that her mother loved her
interesting to see katya...who wants to see
the message from irina authorizing the hit...
like there is a code in it

all the characters evolved this week-
it would be nice to know the sloane-jack secret
and boy does next week look intense...

oooh...the mystery of this season keeps building! i really, really like this episode...and that guy, the fake Mr. Sloane, looks creepy! :blink:

he's alive..he's dead...he's alive...he's dead!

and spydaddy jack....he HAS to get better! He was the reason I started watching this show in the FIRST place!

loved the echoes back to season 2: the music box, all the truth and time references, the format of the ep was much like the one where Syd shot Irina and Dixon killed Emily!

back to the glory days of ALIAS....LONG LIVE SEASON 4!

sooo glad we've moved beyond the insanity that was s.3

I LOVED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P

It was awsome with all the twist and turns in the storyline :blink:

It was cool to see vaughn in action like that too :Ph34r:

Loved the ending where Vaughn came back to Sydney :love:

they're so cute :lovers:

it was great! i loved how this episode showed the inner thinkings of vaughn, you know, how he went rogue and then became the good guy we all know he is in the end--definatly a needed episode.

i was confused about the chocolate bar thing with katya? she ate the chocolate, knowing she would get sick--did i miss the point to this?

and now there's all these double crosses going on--it's like the good ol' alias that was forgotten last year!

()aliasyeah() said:
it was great!  i loved how this episode showed the inner thinkings of vaughn, you know, how he went rogue and then became the good guy we all know he is in the end--definatly a needed episode. 

i was confused about the chocolate bar thing with katya?  she ate the chocolate, knowing she would get sick--did i miss the point to this?

and now there's all these double crosses going on--it's like the good ol' alias that was forgotten last year!
[post="1300846"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Katya ate the chocalate and got sick to show nadia she was serious that she wanted to see Sydney.

()aliasyeah() said:
it was great!  i loved how this episode showed the inner thinkings of vaughn, you know, how he went rogue and then became the good guy we all know he is in the end--definatly a needed episode. 

That's what I was thinking the whole week with the promos... everyone was freaking out and I kept thinking it was going to give Vaughn a shot at redemption. My favorite part of it was when he teased the blonde chick like he was actually going to kiss her... that was so awesome. I mean all week long I never doubted him and then when I saw it I was kind of like "OHHHHH NOOOOO!" but then he was just being a really kick ass tease. Loved it! (y) Go Vaughn! ;)

()aliasyeah() said:
i was confused about the chocolate bar thing with katya?  she ate the chocolate, knowing she would get sick--did i miss the point to this?

She wanted to go to the hospital to show Syd how much she wanted to talk. It was mostly a ploy to get Syd's attention so that she could get her to find the box, etc. Of course she could have died, but those Dervko's are big on taking risks. :D

WOW! That was a great episode! I knew that Irina didn't put a hit out on Syd! Now I'm wondering if it is the real Arvin or the fake Arvin that set Vaughn up and put the hit out on Syd. Guess we'll find out eventually.

This episode rocked. But now I'm confused. AHHHH. Why must there be two Sloanes? We don't need more than one!!

I loved the interaction between Katya and Syd, as well as Katya and Nadia. It was great. And Katya just rocks.

Rogue Vaughn was interesting. I really liked how the camera work was done. It worked very well.

The S/V moment at the end was cute, as always.

And go Marshall! Save SpyDaddy!! :D

Just had a question... When Syd made the comment to Katya about how last they met, Katya tried to kill her, and then Katya's response was that niether she nor Irina ever wanted to hurt her, did they explain this any further? I was too busy freaking out because I'm a die-hard Irina fan, and while I had no doubt in my mind that Irina would never put a hit on Syd, I finally got confirmation on that.

Anyway that was a bit confusing I suppose so I'll specify: Did the writers give an explanation about how Katya never wanted to hurt Syd, even though last season it was a real gun with real bullets that she was going to fire?

tippinlover said:
The fact that Faux!Sloane is involved in the Rambaldi world leads me to the conclusion that he could have easily wanted Sydney dead.  I still say the whole render the greatest power unto utter desolation means she will destory something.  Maybe that something is Nadia or some other important Rambaldi "work" and he knows about.

Just speculating, but how stupid can Sloane be?  I have a hard time believing that anyone would be able to chase something back to him.  Not to mention an account?  That doesn't sound right.  Sloane doesn't get caught or found out, he lets you believe you're right until you do what he wants you to do.
[post="1300774"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

This is the best episode this season.

I think that Arvin Sloane is innocent of everything that he's being blamed for by the false Sloane, Joel Grey. Arvin is too smart to be discovered for things that he wants hidden. He and Jack's pact and secret agenda are questionable, but I doubt that Jack would be involved with anything evil.

Why would Arvin want either Syd endanged with the contract or Irina to be set up to be killed? The false Sloane is apparently has a Rambaldi obsersion too. Perhaps he'd want to get rid of Irina as a rival to Rambaldi secrets and set up Jack to do it.

I think that the Pandora episode ended the Bill Vaughn story too abruptly to be true. The way that Jack and Sloane were talking about Bill's journal doesn't seem to agree with Robert's story that Bill is dead and the journals are fake.

I believe that there is significance to the false Sloane being in Chile. Going back to my Argentine Connection thread, during the Falkland Islands War Chile was covertly helping the British too. Argentina and Chile have historic border disputes with each other. I believe that Chile allowed British missions to strike an Argentine air base through Chilean territory. I think that Chile allowed damaged British aircraft to land on their territory too. Bill, Nadia and the orphanage lady (who may be Elena) connection to Argentina are hard to ignore. Joel Grey's connection to Chile seems more significant because of the Falkland Conflict.

Marshall was so sweet running tests behind Jack's back. :blush: Then he told Sloane he wasn't getting enough sleep. :lol:

Katya doesn't seem like the type of person allergic to chocolate. I thought it was funny!

Ahh I loved it when Vaughn said, "Consider this your second rejection from the cia." Oh man, Vaughn looks so nice in that doctor coat!! :blush: And CIA protocol was never fire unless fired upon first, totally didn't know that!

I find it creepy that fake Sloane has the same voice as real Sloane. :lol: And they both got those round glasses! But his aren't green...

Well, I was surprised by this episode! I half-expected the mysterious boss to be Elena ("Sentinel") but maybe it will turn out that Elena was she through whom the order was made by "the other Mr. Sloane." The real Arvin is obviously being set up, but I think he must suspect something. Maybe that's why he wants to find Elena, because he knows she knows whatever he doesn't know.
I wasn't expecting to meet the "other Mr. Sloane" until next episode.
Now I wonder if the great battle between the sisters <0> might be twofold: Nadia trying to protect Sloane, and Sydney trying to help Vaughn and Jack get revenge, as well as Sydney trying to protect Jack from Nadia once Nadia finds out who shot Irina.

The episode was great!

Lots of tie-ins from seasons past. The use of the music box definitely is reminiscent of season 2 when Syd would recieve messages from her mom.

I did something dumb though -- I taped the episode and my tape ran out literally as Vaughn was at Syd's door. Could someone upload that scene? I was cursing at my VCR! I keep reading how sweet that scene was. Someone help! Please...

I really liked this ep.............and yeah I liked Sabina of course cuz she is Swedish ha ha or yeha the actress.........well yeah yeah :smiley:

YAY, great ep!!!! But my stupid signal went out with about 10 seconds left in the episode!!! The dude who was part of the team with Vaughn was walking into a room and then the signal went out and then it came back for like two milliseconds and I saw a flash of someone who looked a lot like Sloane!!!! What happened in between, was there any dialogue???? :(

A good ep in my opinion, very Alias. Nothing spectacular, but it got basically all you need for a good Alias episode: a mission, disguieses, doublecrossing, lying, decieving, romance, difficult family situations...

i give it a 4
im so confused but i love it
i still dont belive the real sloane is as innocent as he seems
and i hope jack kills him with that gun LOL

Back