Season 5 Rate: "Prophet Five"

What did you think of "Prophet Five"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
If VM is alive (and I'm not sure on whether or not I want him to be), I have some theories:

(1) Jack and Syd are playing everyone to fool the black guy ( sorry don't remember his name though I should because he shot VM) who took the book.
(2) Jack extracted VM for Syd and the baby, but wants to get to the bottom of the VM not being VM stuff himself.
(3) The black guy and his team are behind it. They want to know what VM knows and if he can help in their endeavor.
(4) Syd couldn't have extracted him, because she (4 months) is trying to find out about who VM really is.
(5) Renee is not behind the cover up -- just think this because at the end of the episode she didn't even know what Syd looked like.

Wow, it is really intense in here.

OKAY...my thoughts? I was very disappointed in the premiere. I'm not going to make any snap judgments about the season, though. There's only been one episode, folks! Let's just give JJ a chance to show us where he's heading, and if we don't like it, then we can be pissed off. Do I think Vaughn is dead? Well, 20 shots to the chest and a funeral say YES. My instinct says NO. Of course, this "instinct", could just be the denial of the death of a character I think is absolutely crucial to the show's success.

I'm very intrigued as to where this season is heading!

I think that for a writer or a director is really difficut to carry on a show like Alias in this way. Obviously things can be repetitive... all songs are ripetitive, because they had the same notes, but mixed in different ways and different times. And the music of Alias continues to sound great. I've finally seen the episode: it's really good guys! Are you kidding me??? Apart the fact that I loved the last two minutes with Bouchez and Garner acting together. But all the episode is pretty intense! I don't know who's more ambiguous: Jack or Syd? Have you noticed the "morse" Jack and Syd did with their eyes after the funeral? It was pretty evident! Or am I allucinating? I don't really know if Vaughn is dead, semi-dead, alive or an alien... but it's sure sure sure that Syd and Jack are conspiring something.

I'm was so pissed!! I'm still gonna watch Alias for a while but if there aren't any clues about Vaughn or whoever the hell he is still being alive then I'm so done w/ Alias!!! :banghead:
I know its stupid that I may stop watching b/ one character died but the hell with it. He was one of the main characters and Alias will never be the same w/o him.
I'm also pissed that there are so many new characters!!!! :angry:

uuumm ye wow.. im still realing from the-scene-that-must-not-be-named :( .. but other than that completely shocking event i thought it was a pretty good episode.. i mean there have been worse in my opinion

mv is an important part of the show and its not the same wothout him.. but him being gone is really not a reason to drop alias all together.. c'mon people!! give it a chance... there is so much of a possibility that vaughn is still alive its almost blinding! alais is such a great show with really intelligent plots... so dont give up yet!!!

we all love alias, so lets show our support!!!...keep watching and keep your eyes peeled!!! (y)

Hi all,
Well this is it. My last posting on this site. I am officially relinquishing my role as the biggest ALIAS fan in Ottawa Ontario. I have been with the show from day one. I own all the DVDs and have watched them all too many times to count. After Prophet Five I give up. I am not watching this show anymore. I am not spending countless hours on the net searching for spoilers. NO. That's it. I am convinced that Vaughn is indeed dead. And the way they did it after four years simply renders me speechless. No tears from Syd. Some lame story about him not being Micheal Vaughn, but some Andre Michaud guy. What about his father? Was Bill Vaughn his real Dad? Do I really care at this point? Alias has dropped the ball so many times in the past, but I was willing to stick it out because I had faith JJ would redeem himself in the end. Alas, I'm sad to say he has not redeemed himself at all. I will no longer watch Alias. I'm still not sure about LOST. I don't want to get involved with that show and have nothing make sense as it does now on Alias. I definitley will not pay to see M13. I feel really let down. After investing four years into this show, there is no payoff. No happy ending. It's just a huge waste. I really feel for Michael Vartan. He deserved so much better than this lame plot.
Well, that it for spilling my guts. It's been fun to hang around here over the last couple of years. Take care.

I think some of you guys need to read the thread rules again. If you have an opinion, express it but don't put other people down for not agreeing with you. Being rude is not acceptable on AA.

I thought that this ep had some great twists and turns. i had heard abotu vaughn death I just didn't expect how it would happen. Sad the Irina is still in a coma.

i guess a lot of us fans are gonna beat this thing to death. i, like many others, am disappointed in the direction of the show, and if i do decide to quit alias, it is not because Vaughn died, but because the show lost its original quality. the death of vaughn is a huge example of how the show went downhill...

those fans that do stop watching, it isn't because we're a bad fan, it's because we're such a fan that we cant bare to watch what was once such a great show turn into felgercarb.

i understand the show wants us to have hope that vaughn is still alive, but it is that very storyline of "he's not really dead" that is also an example of how the show is getting weak. yeah, the spy biz prolly has a lot of the same situations, but let's get a new plot here. how many more characters on alias are gonna have fake death? - it's laughable.

someone brought up a good point about how jj could be bringing the show back to the beginning... how syd spent seasons 1 and 2 bringing down SD6 because they killed her fiance, danny. and now, season 5, she will do the same to bring down those that killed her new fiance, vaugh. but do we need to use the same storyline here??

lets also remember syd's reaction when she found danny, and how emotional she was when she went to sloane about danny's death...

if syd were to stay in character if vaughn's death were staged... then she needs to be her usual crying self, and she wasnt.

as a fan, im just really sad if the show diminishes more in quality bc i did have a passion for this show. i rewatched season's 1-3 and 4 (i still have all of it on tivo) before the premier launched... and i could just how the show started to get weak...

anyhow, here's to season 5... may jj prove us wrong and bring back quality alias episodes.

im gonna watch until the show goes on hiatus while jen has her baby... hope u all will give it a chance til then as well.

one more thing for u vartan fans that think he's coming back - yall should check out the safe house - vartanho.com. they have a post from Kristen @ E online that ABC is trying to get michael a 1-3 episode guest spot but he hasnt agreed.. which might mean that they weren't really planning on bringing him back... i guess they just wanted the fans to think he's alive... guys... let's face it. for all purposes until sweeps week.. vaughn is dead.

He's dead?

:cry:

Good one, JJ...

*goes back to waiting for the next episode of season 4*

Remind me again why I was excited about Season 5?

This is so... :o_O:

okay lets think about this rationally... he can't be dead because he's just so god damn adorable..

so the only explanation is that he is being hidden somewhere so he can heal the million shot gun wounds he has. And to avoid having the baddies try and keep killing him again Jack and Syd had to pretend that he died.

We never got to see what happened when they closed the blinds at the hospital and he had a closed casket and sydney wasn't crying. why? because he's not dead.

And earlier on in the episode in Cape town Sydney poured a drink that looked like champagne into the glasses so someone could collapse and look like he was dying, so maybe thats what sydney was really giving Vaughn at the hospital.

Jack himself said he would do anything to help them!

So there he's not dead. he's not. he'll be back next week.

and if not someone better have some valium.

Ok, so this is the first chance i have had to post since thurs.....i seriously.....like there wern't words to describe how it was....total shock, and some anger. I'm super upset Vaughn left. One of the things that made this show what it is was the Syd/Vaughn relationship. During the 1st/3rd and 1/2 of the 2nd season, every episode it was like "maybe this episode thy will finally get together' that whole dynamic made this show that much better. And now, w/o even the possibility of looking forward to that next adorable Syd/Vaughn moment, it is very dissapointing. The whole last scene w/ the funeral was a great scene tho, I love how Dixon, and Marshall, and Weiss, and even Jack were pallbearers....it was so perfect.

If i could possibly be correct, which i hope I am, here is the best/most realistic possibility i could come up with....Jack was angry that Syd was messing around with the whole situation, and he didnt want her to be brought down w/ Vaughn, so Jack faked Vaughn's death, w/o telling Sydney, or Vaughn, and put Vaughn away somewhere till he could figure out what to do next. The whole drink thing, it could be a red-hearing, but who knows....

Somewhere in some of the above posts i read (srry for not an exact quote)
*Waiting for the next episode of season 4....*
I loved that, because it is exactly how i feel! lol, While it wasn't bad, it could be so much better.
After watching episodes like "Double Agent" and "Before the Flood" its hard to go back to this.

By the way, the Corn Field scene, as if i wasn't already super afraid of corn-fields, that was an awesome scene, b/c most people don't realize how freeky it can be in a cornfield, seriously....get lost in one some time....and see how you feel...one of the worst experienaces of my life....

Ok well that is my rant/rave for this episode, and I'm still countingdown till the next one, hoping it brings some sort of closure....Hey, if Vaughn's gone they should bring Will back! Yeahhh!!!!

P.S. Y can't we see avatars and sigs' anymore? J/w

I am big fan of ALIAS from Malaysia. I saw the episode and well I was expecting the demise of Vaugh's character but didn't thought that it was this soon. Anyway, I thought it was for the better of the show. Let's face it... ALIAS needs a bigger twist and this could be it. It's only the first episode of the new season, let's not be too hasty to judge what's coming. I'm already all excited to catch the 2nd episode.

HOPE...I'm all for the show until the fat lady sings. And to the cast, they were great and I do not need to name who.

Somewhere in some of the above posts i read (srry for not an exact quote)
*Waiting for the next episode of season 4....*
I loved that, because it is exactly how i feel! lol, While it wasn't bad, it could be so much better.
After watching episodes like "Double Agent" and "Before the Flood" its hard to go back to this.
:lol:

No, she literally WAS waiting for the next episode of season four. We are only up to season four in Australia!

Ok: I've seen the episode again and now I am sure: this is a GREAT EPISODE! And this season is going to be one of the greatest, if it will continue on this line! I don't understand "where" you're seeing, that the quality of Alias is going down... Actors have been perfect in this episode... if you think that Syd must cry more, I think you haven't understood the episode totally. And at this hospital her reaction has been great, better than teardrops... guys "acting" is not "crying", and Syd is grown up and cries less than before, till from the end of the third season! If this is what you call "not good" for a show, you must end to see Alias at that time! Also new characters mean "refreshment" and you have to "know" them, before decide if they're good or not! The change of actors isn't the end of a show, if the actors are good! Be honest: you are quitting, because Vaughn will be not so present and you will miss the character. The plot? Guys this is Alias at the FIFTH season! Suggests an alternative plot! OK! You will suggest that Vaughn had to remain and go in mission with her pregnant wife? Do you really think that it would have been a better plot? Or what? That Syd stayed at home, while Vaughn went to missions? MMMMMMMMMM.... so interesting! Anyways I loved so much more the photography in THIS episode, than in the last of the fourth season! Pretty more realistic and Romantic at the same time. And the mountage was genious (see for example the scene when they went to Mexico City and we are sure that Vuaghn will be freezed, instead he meets Syd). Nothing to do with the foregone and also confusing montage of "before the flood". The force of that episode has been the actors and the last scene. Beacause for the rest, all what I expected.... it happend ... boring! It could be (as I've already argued in an other topic) a good end of Alias, just because it gratified fans. But the last scene... you know... I was sceptic... will Alias continue to surprise me? THIS EPISODE has done the bewitchment! :smiley:
Also: I don't love so much Vartan as an actor... but in this episode he's been really good!

And earlier on in the episode in Cape town Sydney poured a drink that looked like champagne into the glasses so someone could collapse and look like he was dying, so maybe thats what sydney was really giving Vaughn at the hospital.

The only problem I see with this theory is that Sydney kissed him shortly after giving him the drink - wouldn't she have been impacted as well?

~ipopy

Okay. I HAVE A THEORY. :D Soo... my idea is that when the train went by... you know... where Sydney couldn't see what was occuring, the men took the real Vaughn and threw him in the back of thier car... then they threw out this double of Vaughn--ehhem... Project Helix.... :D --and then they drove away later... so Vaughn was never shot... and the double was told to act as much like the real Vaughn (and the double had extensive hours of watching the real Vaughn on tape)... soo... anyone with me? :D Vaughn, the real one, can't be dead. :smiley: And if he is, JG's hubby will be getting a real beating. Not his idea, my arse. :angelic:

:naughty: & :eyebrow:

Voted in the poll early, replying late.

I thought this was an excellent episode. Some of the best writing we've seen for some time from the Alias writers. I'm wondering if they have a new showrunner this season - this was bandied about last season, but I haven't heard anything recently about it. This episode showed better signs of planning than most have since year 2. It was tight, it followed. It did some twisties, like with Dean and Co heading for Mexico and making it appear that Syd had ratted on Vaughn. The acting was good. And for once, they managed to get the whole cast involved in the episode, in good ways. OK, maybe Sloane might have been short-changed but that's about it.

Very hopeful for this season.

Back