Season 5 Rate: "Prophet Five"

What did you think of "Prophet Five"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I just couldnt believe it when i read all the spoilers about Vaughn dying and then i read something about JJ saying that Vaughn wasnt going to die that it was all just a rumor and then i saw phrophet five and i just couldnt believe it. :eek: i was in shock until my brother started laughing when Vaughn was being shot all those times. :angry: i dont believe Vaughn died, i simply wont believe it. I mean come on its Vaughn for pete's sake. i'm gonna continue watching cause it Alias and i LOVE it. and if this is really the last season then it is definitly going to be the best one yet. hopefully JJ wont prove me wrong.

I am SO RELIEVED to read that others are as emotionally upset as I am. I can't believe the writers would do this to us. To say that I am pist doesn't even come close to describing how I feel! I don't want three new cast members!!!!!!!! I want VAUGHN.

This story line is SO OLD if he IS alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many 'undead' people do we have to have in this show?????!!!!!!!!!!

However, if he really IS dead then the writers are evil and they all deserved to be fired. There is no redeeming quality for this story line. Not ONE.

I just want to cry. I have cried! I want him in every eppy. Period. I hate them for writing an old story line, but I'll settle for it if it means he returns.

amen to that janine
i was just thinking that the writers are trying to singlehandedly get the show cancelled
theres no other explanation

But JJ has to have a reason for doing this... like seriously, it's pretty much as bad as commiting social suicide... :Ponder:

I reckon there's something deeper into it (and I haven't even watched the episode :lol:smiley:

I sobbed!! Vaughn can't be gone- thats all I have to say. If he is I really don't know if I can even watch Alias anymore... he was most of my reason for watching it-- I am soooo sad. The only reason I'll watch is to see whether Vaughn is really alive.

"I always give myself such very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."
---Alice in Wonderland

"You can just start to feel really pregnant, like you are the hugest person on the face of the planet," she said. "I felt bigger and bigger, like she —".---Jennifer Garner (on Jay Leno)....Its a girl!!!!!

"Jack is going to shoot you in the face."---Weiss

"Syd, Sloane's here."---Marshall

I LOVE ALIAS!!!!!

I LOVE these quotes!!!

Well, I finally saw it.

It was actually very good. Loved how the leaked info made me think he was about to die a few times
and then he didn't....and then, later he did.

Classic.

For all of you damming the writers, look beyond you own fanatic attachment to a character:
It was well done. This was a great piece of serial fiction.

As to Vaughn being dead, I am actually 50/50.
Either he's alive and Sydney and Jack are in on it or he's dead.
Sydney not crying like a crazy fangirl makes plenty of sense. She may have just been too emotionally drained even for tears, too shaken, too broken. It can happen you know.

But yeah she might be in on the fix.

But, Vaughn maybe dead, dead, dead.
But who says dead is forever?

Prophet 5 may hold the key to bringing him back. Maybe the casket was closed because Vaughn's body wasn't in it?

Maybe it's in cryo storage, with the faint glimmer of Rimbauldi-esque hope held out that he could be brought back.
Maybe that explains the knowing glances between Jack and Sydney.
And if anyone can beat the odds and cheat death of a victory, its our gal Sydney.

And think of it- if Vaughn is dead, her 1st priority would have to be the baby.
She'd quit and just raise little Isobelle.
But then the show would be over. The only thing that makes sense would be her trying to restore her lost love and her daughter's father. Simple revenge or 'knowing the truth' wouldn't trump her responsibility or devotion to her daughter. But the prospect of bringing Michael back might keep her in the field.

So, everyone relax, breath deep.
And keep watching.

Wouldn't it suck if you all quit watching, Vaughn gets brought back in the season finale, but the show got cancelled because the rartings were too low?

*If that happens, the rest of us would then be officially allowed to hate you with the burning passion of a million fiery suns :D I keed, I keed! :P *

So yeah this rocked. If they killed Jack, I'd be way bummed. But I'd still watch.
Heck, if they killed Syd, I'd still watch, as long as Jack and Vaughn were there to carry on(and the writing waas good)
I love this show, I love the universe, I love the characters and the writing. No one thing will break it for me.

I do think that the new characters will be used to allow Jen to produce some eps on the other side of the earpiece when she gets too big to fit into the slinky outfits that disconnect bad guys brains from their trigger fingers.... :cool:

As to the matter of credits- Did anyone see Balthazar Getty? I didn't. was he in the background somewhere?

He was in the credits. But he is also contracted for the season, so he can/has to be in the credits.
I do know that sometimes, appearing in the credits is a anti-spoiler move, but there are rules on listing credits that equal real money.
Back in Babylon 5, many fans were angry because Claudia Christiansen was omitted from the opening credits of season 5 even though she was in the 1st ep. JMS, the producer said that if they had put her in the opening credits for the show, they would have been obligated to pay her for every ep of the season even though she was only in one episode. Don't know exactly how this would work in this situation, but given the fact that Alias isn't a huge show swimming in money, you can bet they won't be wasting any of it paying off MV just to keep you guessing for 1 ep.

Anyway, I'll let you all get back to the important business of crying, teeth gnashing, and pulling out of hair...
;)

Thank you for that

This is not a movie! This is a TV show... you have to see all the season to understand a "face" or a "reaction"... It depends on what the script asks to an actor... Have you seen all the fourth season? Sydney has been so "icy", for almost alla the season... but when she discovered her mom was alive, she started again to react emotionally. To say the truth, I loved so much the first season, bacause Sydney was fresher. After that season she began to be more reflective, as her father is. And I say more... I think that she's a really good drama actress. She gave us so many emotional cries: the Danny's stuff (I'll never forget her shout), the Will's stuff at the end of the first season. The strong feeling (good or bad) for her father and then for her mother. The so emotional cry of the end of the second season, for Vaughn's marriage. Her reactions, during the all first part of the third season. She was so great that "SAVED" the show!!! Her great "isolate" reactions in the "isolate" episodes of the fourth season (see "Nocturne" or the episodes of the "tomb", with that great mix with the laughs for Marshall). Now this is a fifth season. I think first of all it's really difficult to carry on a single character, like Sydney, for a loooooooooooooong time. Especially if you are the "contrary" of that character, as Jennifer Garner is... that SO SMART PERSON, as you can see in all her interviews. And now that she's carrying a baby, she's particularly HAPPY. And if she continues to be on Alias, we have only to thank her, because she's the CORE of Alias. OR AT LEAST RESPECT HER!!! I also think that she loves more to act in the fun-stuff of Alias. Because she has this great talent with that particular mix of comicity and drama. She has always followed the script "literally", professionally for all these years. With the baby stuff, probably she'll manage to find again tha "inspiration" that all the actor can lose, if for a long time you play something, you don't like so much. Actors must be talented, but they fortunately can alternate the type of characters... or they'll die behind a single character. Jennifer has managed to "change" the same character and continues to be so emotional. Let's give her the bounden forehand to suggest what is the best thing for her character NOW! GOSH!

I couldnt have said it better myself!!

I sobbed!! Vaughn can't be gone- thats all I have to say. If he is I really don't know if I can even watch Alias anymore... he was most of my reason for watching it-- I am soooo sad. The only reason I'll watch is to see whether Vaughn is really alive.
If this is the "only-GULP!" reason you watch the show... I am sorry... I don't really know what to say to you... perhaps... try to get deeper and discover "what alias really is"... can you answer yourself Vaughn? If your answer is "Yes" again... probably you felt in "love" with Vartan???

I just want to cry. I have cried!
This is the demonstration the episode was great! I am sure you weren't crying just becasue you will miss his face! I am sure you were crying for the "great atmosphere" there were in that episode... 'cause if you are so sensible, I can't believe you didn't notice it!

Gosh! Why am I doing this??? Everyone can think what they want! So I say: love the episode! Love ALIAS! Thank you!

If this is the "only-GULP!" reason you watch the show... I am sorry... I don't really know what to say to you... perhaps... try to get deeper and discover "what alias really is"... can you answer yourself Vaughn? If your answer is "Yes" again... probably you felt in "love" with Vartan???

This is the demonstration the episode was great! I am sure you weren't crying just becasue you will miss his face! I am sure you were crying for the "great atmosphere" there were in that episode... 'cause if you are so sensible, I can't believe you didn't notice it!

Gosh! Why am I doing this??? Everyone can think what they want! So I say: love the episode! Love ALIAS! Thank you!

Exactly...everyone can feel/think however they want. And having people question whether or not we're real fans is probably not going to make us any more eager to watch anymore episodes. ;)

So, instead of some people jumping down other's throats because they weren't enthused about the episode, perhaps you should respect our opinions. Maybe if you at least pretend to understand where we are coming from and sympathize, we might be more inclined to watch. But being bashed for being very very unhappy with the premiere really makes me want to watch even less.

No matter how we felt about the premiere, we're all fans. We wouldn't be having these discussions if we weren't.

I seem to remember that JJ Abrams said in an interview...oopps I found it at TVGuide.com

First off, J.J. hinted that rumors of Vaughn's whacking have been greatly exaggerated: "It ain't over till the fat lady sings," he teased. "You have to see what the story is. And when I said at the beginning of the year that [Vartan] is back this season, I wasn't lying. So, in the way that Alias does things that you might not expect — in a way that you might not expect — it's typical of that. The conclusion people are coming to isn't exactly what it is."

And I would say one thing: Watch carefully, because there are clues as to what's going to happen in the episodes. And if [Vaughn] happens not to be in the episode that you're watching, it doesn't mean he's not part of it." In other words, it may very well be time for everyone to chill the heck out and enjoy the freakin' ride!

Look at the Anesnatist....could it be Sydney????

What do you think????

Maybe I'm reaching???!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, It looks a little like her, but I don't think it is. Anyways about Vaughn, when he was about to die, they were talking about names, and Vaughn said that Clementine is a campfire song, well here is the chorus, I found it interesting.

Oh my darling, Oh my darling,
Oh my darling Clementine,
You are lost and gone forever,
Dreadful sorry Clementine

:( It might be then end of him

i am soo confused with all of jj's quotes...one time he says vaughn story isnt what it seems and another time he says they r tryign to sign up vartan for a few more eps....

so is he here or is he not. r they all just tryign to screw w/ our minds? cause i mean i can only take so much:(

Well considering MV's name is still in the credits, i doubt they breached his contract. He's on contact until 2007 so he has to come back. If they breached his contract and weren't sure they could get him back, they wouldn't put his name as a regular.

Well considering MV's name is still in the credits, i doubt they breached his contract. He's on contact until 2007 so he has to come back. If they breached his contract and weren't sure they could get him back, they wouldn't put his name as a regular.

Until we see if he's in the credits in this week's episode then we won't know for sure ;) Like I've said over and over again, character's are killed off on TV shows all the time but still have their name in the credits in the episode that has them dying or being written off (Kellie Martin was listed as a regular on ER in the episode she died, same goes for Anthony Edwards...Jesse Metcalffe is still listed as a regular on Desperate Housewives and it is very common knowledge that he will only be around for a couple more episodes). Mainly to not give way to the fact that they aren't coming back.

Everything I've heard points to the fact that MV is without contract and has been approached to do several more appearences on Alias, which he hasn't signed to yet.

On a side note he will be gueststarring on Kitchen Confidential! :D This info also gives some evidence that he might not be working on Alias.

i gotta admit, i never wanna see this episode again! it was the worst season premiere in Alias history!! never thought i would ever say that but it's true

you know what though, JJ told us to look for clues, i don't think he's dead cuz in the credits in the beginning, he's listed as a regular but greg's name was listed as a guest star and well mia wasn't listed at all sooo

I really don't think they would just end Vaughn's life like that, there has to be more to it

i think i was crying more at Vaughn's funeral then Syd was.... whats up with that :blink:
I agree. I love Alias! It's been the only decent interesting thing on tv in ages, but at first watching this season premiere I was pissed, then sad, and then I just remember when it finished, I said "Lame!" Where do I begin? The car accident looked way worse. Where was the car that hit them and how did their car end up on the road where it was after it was hit? Vaughn watches the man getting shot by the AK rifle, but doesn't react At All to try to run or duck or fight back? He's an agent!!! Then, Syd is like a robot...no sadness, no reaction. How many times has Michael almost died, and she's been distraught, but she watches him get gunned down and dying in the hospital and nothing!! Where is Alice at the funeral? Why the closed casket? Why is there not one single person crying at the funeral? Marshall not crying?Why doesn't Syd talk about him, anyone? You're ABC, and you don't have your writers say one word in the script about the passing of one of the most intricate characters..." He's dead, oh, well". I love Vartan, but putting this all aside, I don't want to watch, because it all rings false. I love all the characters, but how can I watch a show that has lost it's passion and script? Sorry to ramble, but I'm bummed!!! If I watch, will these clues lead to his return? or will I watch the whole season, only to find out maybe in the very last episode ever that Vaughn has been hiding out getting better. That's still a whole season without Vaughn and their love. Would that be worth it? I feel like someone punched me in the gut, and I want to boycott ABC all together. Someone tell me it's going to be ok!!!

whats kitchen confidential?

A comedy on Fox starring Bradley Cooper (Will from Alias). It airs tonight at 8:30pm eastern...at least in the states :smiley: There's a discussion in the Television Comedy thread, so you can ask any questions over there ^_^

Heh...sorry for the off topicness...please continue with alias.

yeah...I agree with all of you!
saddest episode yet!! but I really don't think he's dead. there's just too much evidence that shows he's not. but thats just my opinion....:smiley:

Back