Season 5 Rate: "Prophet Five"

What did you think of "Prophet Five"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Man I'm just thinkin how stupid we'll look if they keep him dead, I can see the headlines
JJ Abrams pulls rare hat trick on Alias fans show cancelled the only thing Lost here is his career :smiley:

This a great way to start the season. I hope that this is the Dawn of a newer, better Alias! :woot:

It is obvious that they are faking Vaughn's death in order to protect Sydney and the baby. Sydney probably isn't involved. It seems to me that Jack is behind the plan to fake Vaughn's death and he thinks that it is better for Sydney not to know. That would be consistent with Jack's character.

If I'm wrong about Vaughn's death being fake, I'll salute JJ for having the courage to doing a major shake-up to revive the show. :D

Well, if Vaughn isn't dead (and I dearly hope he isn't), I can't wait to se how they spin this -if it can happen on any show - it would be Alias. I guess they could always bring him back in, what we all know, will be the series finale in May - and though a happy ending would be better than nothing - it would still be a slap in the face to all of the Vaughn / Vartan fans....what would be an even bigger slap in the face would be the character of Vaughn undergoing physical alteration in the form of another actor.....GOD I hope that I am wrong.

And I agree with many of you....the worst episode I have ever seen.

Worse Season Premiere ever.

Really Worst EVER? I mean come on Lauren (lest we not forget folks) that was a catastrophy married Vaughn is inching out dead Vaugn by a little. I'd rather have him in flashbacks that sucking face with Lauren Reed(yea I had to use her full name)

Jack Bristow has already "killed" 2 people and brought them back. Why not a 3rd. " I will do anything to help both of you" - Jack Bristow. Michael Vaughn is too much of a pretty boy to have had a closed casket if he really was dead. JJ is so twisted. I think he got just the reaction he was looking for.

Mmmmmm he's GOT to be alive...otherwise...I will go die in a pit. And I like Renee Rienne, already DESPISE Rachel Gibson. She's a know it all snob. At least...she certainly seems like one. I don't think I like her. At ALL. But I'm excited they're adding Amy Acker to the cast (sorry if this is a spoiler, mods please edit if you need :smiley: )

Best. Season. Premiere...since "An Enemy Walks In." And that only wins because Lena Olina graced the screen. This was classic, classic Alias.

OMGOMG while i was just thinking (about what a CRAPPY way to end vaughn's whole run on the show), you know how nearly ALL of us refuse to believe that vaughn actually died? WELL remember the superduper lovely scene where sydney feeds vaughn a drink in the hospital bed?? WELLLLL what if sydney and jack had decided to put something in that drink to make it look like he really died so that the prophet five enemy-watevers would believe it??? hmm hmmm opinions about this please!!! i mean, nobody REALLY dies on alias rite???

We have nothing to worry about here! Vaughn isn't really dead and there is a great storyline here...
ANd how many characters have "died" on this show? Or at least how many should have died? Let's number everyone who has had the chance to die... Sloane, Jack, Marshall, Irina, Emily, Dixon, Vaughn (before), Weiss, and I am sure I am missing many more!

Really Worst EVER? I mean come on Lauren (lest we not forget folks) that was a catastrophy married Vaughn is inching out dead Vaugn by a little. I'd rather have him in flashbacks that sucking face with Lauren Reed(yea I had to use her full name)

Okay, okay, close second. :blush:

Dear JJ:
We get it; anything can happen on this show. Two years can go missing, Vaughn can get married, heck even Marshall got some nookie... You have made your point. In Today’s modern world of five second divorces and image based infatuation you and the other writers of Alias must recognize this "show" is not just something to entertain us, Syd and Vaughn are not just characters. Sydney and Vaughn embody that last hope that maybe, just maybe, true love exists; maybe, if you work hard enough at it happiness can be yours. The world is never going to be, as Vaughn put it, "safe" yet if I can lay my head down at night with an image of true love (Sydney and Vaughn) in my mind then I know the possibility might just be out there.
You and the other contributors to Alias are gifted creative people. There is no need to go to this extreme. JJ, unless we find out Vaughn is alive very soon, I will stop watching your show. Yes, you have other endeavors (i.e. Lost) and yes, there may be an "80% chance this is the last season of Alias" but that does not give you the right to break the hearts of so many loyal fans. We stuck with you through season 3 for goodness sake! We did that for the moments when Vaughn looks in to Syd's eyes and smiles, be it in a memory or across the table at CIA/SD-6/APO. Vaughn is Sydney’s strength, her hope, her one truly pure thing in life and therefore in many ways he is my strength, my hope, and the one truly pure thing in my life. Please, JJ, I beg you, don't take that away from me, I am a loyal fan and deserve better.
Hurt and Betrayed,

Mia
Canton, NY

Yeah, he's not dead....closed casket, long glances btwn Syd/Jack, DRINK BEFORE HE FLATLINES AND THEN HE SAYS 'I'M TIRED', and the whole confusion w/passports and blueprints by Marshall, Jack, Weiss, and Dixon...he's probably not dead. He can't be.

OMGOMG while i was just thinking (about what a CRAPPY way to end vaughn's whole run on the show), you know how nearly ALL of us refuse to believe that vaughn actually died? WELL remember the superduper lovely scene where sydney feeds vaughn a drink in the hospital bed?? WELLLLL what if sydney and jack had decided to put something in that drink to make it look like he really died so that the prophet five enemy-watevers would believe it??? hmm hmmm opinions about this please!!! i mean, nobody REALLY dies on alias rite???
Oh, what a great theory! I didn't think of that possibility. Do you know how many times in all the seasons someone has said they "laced a drink with..." whatever that drug is that mimics death? GREAT thinking!!!

I'm gonna watch that epi again and then go to bed. Night all. Everyone relax and chill and hopefully MV will be back onscreen soon. Jen said he wasn't leaving in an interview. So we still have hope.

Okay, okay, close second. :blush:
Yeah, I'd have to agree with y'all about season 3 being the worst premiere because of Lauren... it felt like there was no hope! And it was so heartbreaking! Something about tonight's premiere gave me hope... like maybe there will be a happy ending because I don't think he is really dead...
Oh and another thing. I feel like tonight's episode sort of vindicated Vaughn for me. Season 3 took him down the tubes in my eyes and season 4 didn't make him much better... even his sweet proposal to Sydney... but tonight I loved him again!

I hate to think of this...... but what if Jaybrams double tricked us??
What if...
1. Jaybrams says 'I'm going to write a premiere'
2. Someone says 'Vaughn needs to leave'
3. Jaybrams says 'Ok, I understand'
4. Jaybrams writes a premiere.
5. Jaybrams says 'Haha I think I'll shake things up and trick all those Alias-obsessed people and make them think Vaughn's not dead by being beastly clever and stuff.'
6. We think he's trying to trick us, and that Vaughn's still alive.
7. In actuality, he has double tricked us by first making us think that Vaughn is really alive when he is actually truly dead.

Wow.. That made me more depressed. It's just...the clues that he's still 'alive' seemed too obvious for me...I seriously and sincerely hope not. Otherwise, I will be depressed for life.

felgercarb!!!! This sucks. I know he can't be dead because come on people its ALIAS. I think they just did that to make it look like he was dead so that those people wouldn't look for him. But thats all that i can go on right now because if he is really dead then i agree with the people that say this is the worst eps. ever. I m still digesting this so maybe i m just freaking out! O well im still going to watch next week. :D

I'm gonna watch that epi again and then go to bed. Night all.

yea you have Tivo or a VCR no need to rub it in yes some of use (by pure accident) missed the first 11 mins for Spongebob yes this person screamed in fury and threw the remote across the room where it changed the channel and this person missed the following 10 second scrambling across the floor on her knees showing her how low she could get in her sad existance thank you spy 41 thank you for showing me that
goodnight forever :smiley:

This isnt happening
This isnt happening
This isnt happening
This isnt happening
This isnt happening
This isnt happening
This isnt happening
This isnt happening

Back