Season 5 Rate: "Prophet Five"

What did you think of "Prophet Five"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
ok we all know in our hearts he can't be dead.

does anyone remember seeing any clues? im not very good at that but hoping someone picked up something during the ep. i had this whole plan to tape it n rewatch for the clues but my vcr was acting up.....

so pllsss if anyone has it post them.

... who's numb?! and pissed off/! *raises hand*
--mandy :angelic:

OMI I know. OT, i was looking for this quote. Charlie double posted :P I can't believe it. No, seriously, I can't believe it.

I with ya all the way...except the Rachel Nicols part.

I'm so pissed off, I think this might be the end of Alias for me...and I don't want people being all like "that's ridiculous to stop watching just because of Vaughn." I'm allowed to stop watching for whatever reason I want.

This just really upset me....ugh!

*hugs* I agree, everyone's telling me, don't be so mad, have faith. W/E I'm not upset that Vaughn died, I'm upset that good ol' Alias has gone and it's jumped the shark.

I was majorly freaking out over this episode...I cried and cried and cried...and my college friends were even trying to comfort me even though they have no idea who Vaughn is!!! I honestly, truly, sincerely hope Vaughn is not dead...I never thought about the whole Jack and Syd having a plan...I like it, and that's what I'm sticking with...Vaughn isn't dead!!! Yay!!! Oh, and I have to say I was one of those people who was not gonna watch Alias if Vaughn died...but that's impossible...I need to know what happened!!

after sleeping on it, i am not as pissed as i was last night (although i am still alittle pissed ;) ). for me, i felt that the episode moved too fast, too much happened and now things dont seem to work out. although i feel that there is a possibility that vaughn really is dead, it just doesnt make sense. why would they have him survive the car crash, be able to escape when he was abducted, get shot a million times, survive surgery and then he flatlines??? to me, its like he survuved all that and then in the end, they kill him. and also, when syd gave him the sip of water it seemed like she knew he was gonna flatline bc she started to cry and then she didnt cry at all at the funeral!?!?!?!?!? so i am really hoping that he is alive in the end and that it does take to long for us to find out bc the suspense is gonna kill me :P

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww! It was the best episode ever! But I'm still in shock about MV's death. It was to bad....:'(

ok we all know in our hearts he can't be dead.

does anyone remember seeing any clues? im not very good at that but hoping someone picked up something during the ep. i had this whole plan to tape it n rewatch for the clues but my vcr was acting up.....

so pllsss if anyone has it post them.

I picked up a few clues, as to why Vaughn is not dead.
First, when his in surgery and Jack and Syd are talking and she tells
him that their having a bab. And jack says that he'll do what ever he
can to help the both of them. Second, remember the c***tail that Jack
gave Sloane that made it look like he was dead. Well Sydney was
making Vaughn drink something just before he supposedly flat lined.
thirdly, when Jack is talking to Dixon and he tells jack that the guy who wanted
to bring vaughn in for questioning didn't exist and he tells vaughn and
Syd the news, Syd says what are we going to do. HUh. Yes his not dead,
it was all faked. And then after he dies, she doesn't cry at all, i mean if
something happened to the love of your life wouldn't you be shouting
from the roof tops. I know i would if anything happened to my love. And then
at the funeral the looks that Sydney and Jack pass between each other. Come on
I mean really, that's a clue. And when he was in the hospital room and
he says i'm getting really tired, and Syd says, close your eyes,
I'll be right here. when he does, she walks over to the glass looking out
into the hall and it's almost like she's waiting for the c***tail to
take effect. i personally think their going to hide him for a while. isn't
Irina suppose to be coming back for a few shows. i bet that it
turns out that she's looking after him while his being hidden. Also that
conversation between Marshall and Weiss where marshall says that he
just broke some many laws that he's going to prison. there seems like
there's more to that as well when they were all standing around talking
to Jack and they said it was all set up as soon as vaughn was ready
to be transported. I think the whole lot of them set it up to fake
his death that and that they were just pretending otherwise because
at this point no is to be trusted. Because we don't know who's part
of this Prophet five group. Any way that's just a few thoughts of mine. based
on what i saw.

Beth3031

I just have to say it.... I didn't start watching Alias because of MV and I won't stop watching Alias because of MV. That said...there's more to this story than meets the eye!

It is obvious that they are faking Vaughn's death in order to protect Sydney and the baby. Sydney probably isn't involved. It seems to me that Jack is behind the plan to fake Vaughn's death and he thinks that it is better for Sydney not to know. That would be consistent with Jack's character

I thought the same thing but Only after the funeral. I agree with so many of you who said the lack of emotion(s) with Syd and the rest of the gang leads me to believe that it was a make believe funeral.

Here are some of my reasons:

1. Since the guy who was suppose to be Special Service got so far into the CIA, there must be others
(I smell a Steven Hadlecki).
2. Knowing that they were after MV, this would be the only way for them to stop pursuing him.
3. When Jack was with Sloane....they conjered up this scheme to protect both Syd and Vaughn.
4. Vaughn's death will allow Sydney to use this to her advantage while going after her baby's father's
killer as they (whoever they are) would expect.
5. Again, emotion level was too low for everyone. Unless Syd just expects to lose everyone she loves.
6. Vaughn can secretly help to expose these people. He can use all sorts of Alias' to do this. Da!
7. It's Alias.....Expect More!

I'm sure that we'll think of more....this was just a start!

I said it ws okay, how could i say anything else! they killed Vaughn! my love~ :eek: i was so heart broken , i'm still in denial, they can't do that! it's such a stupid move!!!!!! He has to be alive! this just has to be a nightmare! i can't bare not being able to see Vaughn every week :cry:

OMI I know. OT, i was looking for this quote. Charlie double posted :P I can't believe it. No, seriously, I can't believe it.
*hugs* I agree, everyone's telling me, don't be so mad, have faith. W/E I'm not upset that Vaughn died, I'm upset that good ol' Alias has gone and it's jumped the shark.

Exactly!! This is certainly not the Alias that I've come to know and love.

And for the Vaughn being alive speculation...the opening credits mean nothing! That could easily be changed next week. There have been plenty of TV characters who have been killed off in an episode, but there name wasn't removed in the credits to keep it a secret. So, not a strong argument to him being alive.

He has to be alive...all the clues show he is....and as for the scene in next weeks ep w/ syd saying something like 'u killing my babies father'...i dont think that proves hes dead...i think that just proves they r making sure everyone thinks he's dead until they can hunt out everyone in prophet 5. the whole revenge thing is a great way of protecting vaughn n getting to all the 'bad guys'.

i think it was a pretty bad ep though..
1. everything seemed soo fast...i mean in the explanation of vaughn not being vaughn... :confused: .they cudve done it better maybe a 2hr premier instead.
2.even though i want vaughn back n probably wont care what the reasoning is...its still very unrealistic if vaughn does turn out to b alive considering he was shot like a billion times n the other guy (dont rem his name) was shot less then vaughn n he's dead. so if they plan on bringing him back they better come up w/ a really good reason he survived all those bullets. :rolleyes:

also....is someone going to b starting the fav quotes thread for this ep? i know it was a sad ep but there were some good scenes. at least we can have some 'good' distractions for the week while we wait for the next ep....instead of feeling sad abt vaughn... (n)

I through it was well done it was really emotional ep. I have to agree with some of you guys there was quite a bit of inconsistens with Vaughn death. I was surprise nobody mention this but while watching the funeral scene it struck me kind strange that I didn't see any of Vaughn relatives or a least his mom you would think the CIA would informe his mother that her son die or something.
I also love the scene at the party when they went to get the book and Vaughn ask Syd to dance and they are waltzing and Syd is surprice and Vaughn tells her that he is been practicing for their wedding with Weiss It make me laugh so hard, but later it make me cry. It broke my hart to think that this sweet moment would never come.

I love the name they pick Isabelle Bristow Vaughn its really pretty. I guess my friends would have to pay me $5 dollars I was right Syd's baby is going to be a girl the name confirms it.

I think Vaughn will be back and that they faked his death and he is in hinding. I got so mad when I saw that they killed him off last night. :angry: I really feel this isn't the end for him. :thinking:

I don't really understand people who are deciding to boicot the show... I mean, you loved Alias so much... it's like to hate God, because people die... you don't deserve this great show...

I will be honest, I have cried during many an alias episode- but this was the worst! Like a baby....

Regardless, I do think Vaughn is alive. After I watched and was emotional and then thought back to think of clues, I too think there was something in the cup at the hospital. The closed casket (why?). The lack of devistation from Syd. The looks between her and Jack. Jack's line, "I'll do whatever it takes to help you both". For what reason did Marshall break 30 laws, or whatever he said.

No one ever dies on this show, and though it still sucks that MV may not be in many epi's, he will be back.

Try not to panic!!! Right?

So after sleeping on it, I still think vaughn is alive. There are too many clues pointing that way. Plus I was looking at caps and like was mentioned before, there is too much emphasis on the glass and straw. When she is sitting with him after he "dies" the equipment and everything is cleared out, except for the glass that is still there right next to them. I'm still not sure if syd really knows, but with the lack of emotion and all the looks at the hospital and funeral between jack and syd, it seems to make it likely that she does. I don't think they will bring him back until later in the season, but i am going to keep looking for clues.

I don't understand though how some people can still say they are boycotting the show when we have all these clues to just prove that he isn't really dead. (Which includes JG saying on some interview that he isn't gone.)

I agree. Now maybe they fakes his death but what concerns me is that fact that MV will no longer be a regular on the show. I think we can safely assume this. No, this is still not the Alias that I fell in love with. I don't want to watch while Syd goes crazy trying to find out why all this happened, especially without Vaughn being involved. The current writers of this show are very uncreative and certainly not original. They are using the same situation that Syd was in seemingly (not knowing she was working for a rogue agency) seemingly with the new girl. I've been a die-hard fan since day one, but this was the last episode of Alias that I will watch.

OMG OMG OMG I can't believe Vaughn is dead! I refuse to believe he is dead. Pls pls pls let him come back to ALIAS. S/V is the main and ultimate reason why I watch Alias. Without S/V its gonna be such a bore! Vaughn pls come back! Alias is not gonna be the same without you.

It would've been the best episode if it didn't end like that. They had to get rid of Vaughn so soon! This sucks big time!

I hope the ratings will go down down and down now that Vaughn is not in the show anymore.

I just wish that all this is part of Syd and Spy Daddy's plan to protect Vaughn and he'll come back in the next few episodes. I will only watch the show if he's back.

Until then adios ALIAS! RIP!!!!!!!!!!
-_-

oOh my GGOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!!! i cant keep crying, i did for an hour after the episode and during the death scene...... it cant be i dont ever wanna watch again.. the only thing that will make me is to see if he comes back... oh my god. im still so upset, it cant be true. thank you to whoever said jack said 'ill do anything to help you two.' maybe he helped him fake his death. maybe the guy that shot him agreed with jack because remember they said 'we wanna bring him in safely??' maybe they did the same thing that sloane did with emily in season 2. gotta think positively all i have to go on is irina comming back...

very depressed :(

xO aRiaNNa

Arianna Vartan (lushowzlipz) on Myspace

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. *sobs and screams head off* WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! He just can't be dead. I was crying so much that my dad woke up and got pissed off at me, saying, "It's just a TV show." My ass it is. Anyways, you guys have actually gave me some hope that Vaughn isn't dead. I know he had his funeral, but this is Alias. But I will still be in mourning until I know for sure. This was a good episode, no matter how depressing it was. And as much as I was screaming at the TV, I loved that they used Sarah McLachlan's Dirty Little Secret. Beautiful.

This post is so incoherent. But I'll post it anyways.
I agree - the music selections are always right on!

Back