Season 5 Rate: "Prophet Five"

What did you think of "Prophet Five"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
EVERYTHING WE HAVE TO GO ON:
1. Jack said 'I will do anything to help you two.'
2. No one really seemed upset at the funeral, but I dont think they would all know if Vaughn was really alive.
3. The CIA dude the frikin KILLED HIM!!!! said we wanna bring him in safely, so maybe they're pretending to kill him so anyone on the 'bad side' trying to kill him will think the job is already taken care of.
4. He was listed as a main character, not a guest star, but WEISS was.
omg, not enough reasons to stop crying
Syd really pissed me off that she cried less than I did, and I'm not the one in love with him..well I am but..you know what I mean.
As soon as he said, I'm So tired...I KNEW KNEW KNEW he was gonna die. I was expecting him to say 'I see a white light..." Last words ::I love you..."" ""I LVOE YOU TOO VAUGHN!!!"

xO aRIaNNa

He can't be dead! He just can't be!!! Last night I was going around saying "Vaughn can't be dead." and then I was like "Tomorrow I'm going to wear black in mourning for Vaughn." I guess when I said that my brother couldn't take my complaining any more because he finally "You know Sarah, in real life Micheal Vartan is still alive." For some reason I thought that was halarious and couldn't stop laughing for a long time.

I feel kinda bad because I rated a 1 and wish I would have rate atleast a 4. At the moment that I rated 1 I lost faith in the writers. That's not cool. lol.

I only wish that it had been two hours and they had shown Nadia. (She's not my favorite character, but I was worried about her)! I mean last season (doesn't that seem like it was yesturday?) the showed Marshall in the second hour. It was really wierd having Alias be over by 9 wasn't it?

From Zap2it.com
"Survivor: Guatemala" ruled the 8 o'clock hour for CBS with a 10.5/17.
NBC finished second with "Joey," 5.2/8, and the live season premiere of "Will & Grace," 6.5/10.
"Alias" began its fifth season with a 5.4/9 for ABC.
"The O.C." was fourth for FOX.
"Smallville" scored a 3.5/5 with its season premiere on a new night for The WB.
"Everybody Hates Chris" (3.5/6) dipped some in its second week, combining with "Love, Inc." (2.3/4) to average 2.9/5 for UPN.

I hope the ratings will go down down and down now that Vaughn is not in the show anymore.

I hate when so called fans of a show say things like that, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Come on guys....just because Vaughn died doesn't make it a bad ep. Believe me when I say...this is just the beginning of great things to come! Do you honestly think that they would get rid of Vaughn that easy???? Look at what they did to Francie! They gave her a spectatular sendoff. This story is far from over....just hang in there!

I will continue to watch the show. Although MV was the reason I started watching in the first place, the show is more than just him. I'm not going to stop watching just because one character is apparently gone. As far as jumping the shark, I thought the show did the jump in season 3 but recovered. So, even if he is dead, I won't stop watching. And if this is truly the last season, I hope they do it justice. I for one am happy that we got to season 5 with this show.

Again, this show is more than just one character/actor. And, it has not jumped the shark with this episode. It is still trying to recover from its earlier jump.

Have a little faith and loyalty.

holycow!!! I am in complete denial. The rational side of my head tends to agree with whomever said Jabrams double tricked us. The clues, most obvious being the fact that Syd didn't do her signature crying where that vein in her forehead gets big, could have been put there on purpose to make us do exactly what we're doing-getting all discombobulated. The part of me that wants to think there is still hope thinks if he's still alive, he'll come back for the last few eppis to show the happy family reunited. The cynical part of me thinks he's dead and gone and never coming back. Love it Love it Love it. Can't wait until next week!!!
Lulu

I thought that Prophet Five was the best Alias episode ever. Talk about a twist! Vaughn dead. People are talking that he may have faked his death to escape from Dean, but I hope he's dead. It makes it more dramatic.

So after getting alittle angry about the show with the death and funeral, my mind began to work. I really don't think Vaughn is dead. One the long stare Jack and Sydney had after the cascate was brought out. Two Sydney didn't break down like she did when Noah and Danny died. This episode kind of reminded me of the very first episode when Sydney was sent on a wild goose chase and ended up becoming a double agent. There are too many clues that point out otherwise. This episode was great!

I don't really understand people who are deciding to boicot the show... I mean, you loved Alias so much... it's like to hate God, because people die... you don't deserve this great show...

Well, I don't believe in God...so that argument really doesn't work for me ;) Anyways, you are 100% correct I did love Alias so much. But over the past few seasons that love has dwindled. And no it's not just because Vaughn was "killed off", this has been a long time coming, and Vaughn's death (and the entire episode) was kind of like the straw the broke the camel's back. Honestly I have a had time watching a show that I loved so much being ruined right in front of my eyes...and sadly that's what's been happening slowly after the second season, and what I feel will certainly happen this season.

And I do deserve this show to be great. I've stuck by it and supported it through everything, but I'm not sure I can do that anymore.

From Zap2it.com
I hate when so called fans of a show say things like that, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Come on guys....just because Vaughn died doesn't make it a bad ep. Believe me when I say...this is just the beginning of great things to come! Do you honestly think that they would get rid of Vaughn that easy???? Look at what they did to Francie! They gave her a spectatular sendoff. This story is far from over....just hang in there!

Fans are entitled to say things like that. Many, many people are really unhappy with the direction the show has taken, and they want the ratings to go down. Why? To make a point. To show the writers that we as fans aren't going to put up with this. And not just Vaughn's death but the writing/storylines in general. I think there are very few people out there (and I could be wrong) who think that Alias is the same quality show that it was 4 years ago. Sometimes the only way to get the attention of people in TV is for the ratings to go down, and then they realize the error of their ways.

Personally, I thought the episode was ok.

I thought there would be a better twist to the answers from the cliffhanger. The issue got very easily resolved (not in alias fashion) I would have liked to think he was KGB or K Dictorate all along or something.

The whole I was your handler because of this and that was somewhat lame.

I loved the fact that Dixon helped Syd out w/ the security system and when Marshall says "We Do Lunch". SOOOO Cute..

About Vaughn being dead or alive. I really hope they didnt kill him off. There are clues to say he isnt dead but at the same time he did get shot 15 times and he flat lined in front of sydney.

Ok... I can understand people think that the main story of Alias was the story-line through Syd and Vaughn... I simplyy not agree with this. This is an important storyline, but thanks God Alias is many more! And also story-line syd-vaughn isn't yet dead. For the absence of Vartan as an actor, I'll not feel so bad, not more than when Will left. The real charismatic actors are Garner, Garber, Rifkin, Olin and now I would say Bouchez (but I think sadly that you people will hate her sigh sigh sigh, as you've hated the charachter of Lauren, more than you appreciated Melissa George's great job...)

About the whole death of Vaugn thing, one thing I noticed that as far as I've seen hasn't been mentioned here yet, is that at the funeral his casket was closed. It wasn't like he was all disfigured, they could have easily had an open casket ceremony. It could be anyone's body in the casket, there's nothing to show that he's the one in it. The lack of emotion showed at the funeral could also lead to the conclusion that it's not really Vaughn in the casket.

About the whole death of Vaugn thing, one thing I noticed that as far as I've seen hasn't been mentioned here yet, is that at the funeral his casket was closed. It wasn't like he was all disfigured, they could have easily had an open casket ceremony. It could be anyone's body in the casket, there's nothing to show that he's the one in it. The lack of emotion showed at the funeral could also lead to the conclusion that it's not really Vaughn in the casket.

True iv'e noticed that too. If Vaughn had really died Syd would do more than just sit there sad. I think Jack and Syd in a way planned this to get him free from people thinking hes a traitor and blah blah blah. I hated the ending it was way too sad. Plus its alias c'mon!!! No one really dies when they say they do. Plus if Vaughn got machine gunned at such a close range he would have died right on the spot and not have made it too the hospital. Did you notice the guy coming out of the car was the dude from the CIA?

I am shocked, stunned about Vaughn. It makes me sad that we will have a whole season without him. He is part of what makes the show so great! I voted good for this ep I think because I can't get over the fact that they murdered Vaughn. Marshall was great!

oOh my GGOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!!! i cant keep crying, i did for an hour after the episode and during the death scene...... it cant be i dont ever wanna watch again.. the only thing that will make me is to see if he comes back... oh my god. im still so upset, it cant be true. thank you to whoever said jack said 'ill do anything to help you two.' maybe he helped him fake his death. maybe the guy that shot him agreed with jack because remember they said 'we wanna bring him in safely??' maybe they did the same thing that sloane did with emily in season 2. gotta think positively all i have to go on is irina comming back...
very depressed :(

xO aRiaNNa

Arianna Vartan (lushowzlipz) on Myspace

Same here it was just so unbelieveable that after the show ended i called all my friends and was like omg omg omg and they were like oh youre obsessed lilke its a bad thing. I was like you would be depressed too if you had just seen what i had just seen. I went on to Limewire and downloaded "Dirty Little Secrets" by Sarah mclachlan because that was the song he died to and i listened to it all night. Plus im a believer he is not dead because in the tv guide they show sneal previews of season 5 and Vaugh and syd are running out of a building together. That wasnt in episode 1 so you know its in another episode. I couldnt do my work today in school i was so miserable and kept thinking about the show lol.

Jack said 'I will do anything to help you two.'

I think the 2 that he mentions is Sydney and the baby. He said that right after she told him she was pregnant with Vaughn's baby.

Also Jack would do anything to help Sydney , even if it meant helping Vaughn escape/ fake his death so that he doesn't spend the rest of his life behind bar or worst dead. (Yes, that's how much he loves his daughter)

Don't forget Jack is the New CIA Director and has connections all over the world. Remember last year with the doctor, Jack was in charge of hidding him and no one could find him until Sydney tricked him into confessing the doctor whereabouts. We all know, Jack is the best at making people dissapear.

I know we're all upset, but I have a feeling that we will get our happy ending.

:smiley:

CJ

After reading all these posts i totally agree with all of you who believe Vaughn is not dead. That look that Syd and Jack gave each other at the end made it seem like he was telling her its ok i will take care of it. And not having a open casket makes it seem even more like his not dead. I refuse to believe his dead for Syd the baby's face, and for the sack of the rest of us Vaughn lovers. :(

Vaughn "died" and that really sucked, especially since Syd "lost" another fiance. But does anyone else think the episode really sucked? All the hype from J.J. and the others saying "well things are everything they seem at Alias and just come along for the ride and don't believe everything you read and yadayadayada" was complete felgercarb! They didn't even really hint that he might not be dead. It was just "yeah he's dead and if you don't wanna watch anymore, who cares?" No hooks. No wait and see, he might be alive. No Alias suspense. Just a funeral and a death and a bad wig at the end. I didn't like the story at all. The only bright spot on the episode was the new blonde. And what was up with Jennifer Garner's eye brows? Did anyone notice? I've been an Alias fan since the pilot and my love for the show had nothing to do with Michael Vartan. I kinda always thought Vaughn would die eventually cause he was a pansy. But I have no reason to watch beyond Prophet Five because they gave us nothing! That episode was about as dull as anything! I was more excited to watch season 3! I will definitely still watch, cause I always do, but I think it's safe to say that Alias has lot it's mojo and this is the last season.

oh and another thing to add. I rewatched today and Jack comes into the hospital room before Syd gives Vaughn the drink, and Blah, blah, blah, Jack tells her that they where set up and the bad guy is still on the lose, and then Syd says something like "what's the plan?" and then they quickly fade to the next scene so we don't hear what will happen to Vaughn. Man I love this! They should have done this every season. so many great clues!!!! I think we should start a thread under speculation and call it "Find Vaughn" instead of "Where's Waldo", And then we all go in and speculate how they staged his death and where he is etc. I am having way to much fun over this!!!!! I need help! :P

Back