Season 5 Rate: "Prophet Five"

What did you think of "Prophet Five"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
i believe vaughns death was staged
that guy that wanted to kill vaughn even when vaughn was in the hospital he kept a close eye on vaughn i believe they staged his death so they would think he was dead and leave the whole vaughn Mr.Michax case alone

but hey i could just be in dinel

I am not even gonna read thru all 17 pages ... :Ph34r:

I loved the eppy ... loved it how they came back from where they left ... and then the extraction ... showing Syd looking on ... Syd running into the corn field reminded me of "Lost" ... ;)

That flying of the cliff scene in Cape Town was awesome .... (y) (y)

I cant believe the way Vaughn was "killed" ... that was so shocking ... and he has survived being in a lot of water (S1), then he survived being tortured, stabbed (S3) and he even survived the biggest car crash (S4) ... and now he was shot to death ... Syd running to him although she wasnt crying she was feeling ... not everytime something bad happens, you need to cry ... and I remember when you guys said she was crying too much in season 3 and now you ask why she cant cry more ... :thinking:

When Vaughn "died" ... I was crying too ... and then the funeral scene ... :thud:

But I need to say I think Syd and Jack are holding a secret ... Jack gave Syd this "everything will be fine"-look that makes me think ... there something hiding ... ;)

Loved the eppy, and I cant wait for next week ... :woot:

Not to rain on anyone's parade. I love Vaughn too. But althought lots of people come back in Alias, the one sub-group that never returns is Sydney's boyfriends/fiancees. Danny? Noah? And now Vaughn? Hopefully Vaughn will not follow suit.

OK...I'm in a complete state of denial about Vaughn's "death." I have 2 theories.

One- The doctors in the hospital worked for the people that shot him and when they wheeled him out of the room, he wasn't really dead. They just made it look like that. They knew that was the only way they could get information out of him if Sydney thought he was dead.

Two- Jack really did extract Vaughn to protect him from those people. But he couldn't tell Sydney since that would put her and the baby in danger. So he had to make it look like Vaughn died but he really took him someplace safe to hideout at until those people are captured.

Whatever happens, Vaughn isn't dead. He just isn't.

~Karen

I hope that someone will post just the Vaughn mentions (by Sydney) because though I can't watch if he is not there, I want to be up to date with the story line because I too believe that he will be back.

Alias is simply not Alias without Vaughn, I feel just as strongly about Sydney! With either of them missing, it is simply not Alias (my opinion).

As tragic as it is, I thought it was a good episode, but the thought of the WHOLE season, or most of it without Vaughn simply makes me sad.

Hopefully someone will start a thread with Vaughn mentions throughout the season.

Good episode, but Vaughn died too soon. I mean they could have waited until episode 2, so we could have had more Syd/Vaughn time talking about their relationship, etc.

I think they will bring him back in episode 20 - 22, and that is too little for me, but I will tune in at that time, but until then, I will not watch, and simply keep up with the summaries, etc. from the great people here!

:blush:

some of your responses are funny. I thought it was a great episode. My guess is vaughan will be back but only during flashbacks.

He's dead. :( Why would they kill him? I know alot of people are upset. Some people think its an extraction but he wasn't in a gov't facility or anything ... or did syd "kill him" to bring him back ;) BWUHAHAHAH

I'm sure some of you will flame me for my comments but I really think you aren't a fan of the show if you aren't goign to watch due to one character. I know you'll watch. You'll be sucked in to see what happens. Kinda childish to watch just because "they killed vaugh". Just my thoughts ... :redhair:

:Ph34r:

Vaughn's not dead!! Here are my reasons:
There are pictures circulating with Vaughn and a very pregnant Syndey running or being chased. So Vaughn can't be dead.
Vaughn was probably wearing a bulletproof vest with dye packs in it so when he got shot, it would look like blood.
And he Vaughn dies, the rating for the show will drop, cuz they'll lose lots of the female audience.
And finally, cuz i don't want him to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Good riddance, ridiculous MV-only fans!

I cannot tell you how many people are leaving because MV left. GOOD FOR YOU! Stop b****ing to the writers and JJ and the show and JUST LEAVE. There are fans here who actually appreciated the premiere from the intense, emotional, spectacular episode it was.

Vaughn's not dead!! Here are my reasons:
There are pictures circulating with Vaughn and a very pregnant Syndey running or being chased. So Vaughn can't be dead.
Vaughn was probably wearing a bulletproof vest with dye packs in it so when he got shot, it would look like blood.
And he Vaughn dies, the rating for the show will drop, cuz they'll lose lots of the female audience.
And finally, cuz i don't want him to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
About the pictures though - I am pretty sure that they are wearing the same clothes they were when they went to meet that guy abotu his father in the premiere. So I am thinking that those pictures are actually of the scenes filmed from the premiere, but they just didn't show those. But I definitely hope that you are right!!!!
And I definitely think that Vaughn's death was staged - there is NO Way he is dead!

I cannot tell you how many people are leaving because MV left. GOOD FOR YOU! Stop b****ing to the writers and JJ and the show and JUST LEAVE. There are fans here who actually appreciated the premiere from the intense, emotional, spectacular episode it was.

There's no need to be rude about it!! I didn't say that I was gonna stop watching the show. Try to read things carefully before you jump down other people's throats. It's not personal, just people expressing their opinions. And I did enjoy the premiere, it was probably one of the best episodes.

OK...I'm in a complete state of denial about Vaughn's "death." I have 2 theories.

One- The doctors in the hospital worked for the people that shot him and when they wheeled him out of the room, he wasn't really dead. They just made it look like that. They knew that was the only way they could get information out of him if Sydney thought he was dead.

Two- Jack really did extract Vaughn to protect him from those people. But he couldn't tell Sydney since that would put her and the baby in danger. So he had to make it look like Vaughn died but he really took him someplace safe to hideout at until those people are captured.

Whatever happens, Vaughn isn't dead. He just isn't.

~Karen

Totally agree with you. I think Jack has something to do with this.

Denial is a beautiful thing, isn't it? ;)

Think back to season 3 , when we saw Arvin Sloan die, only for Jack to ressucitate him with an injection. And yes the casket was closed! which makes me wonder, was there an extraction? Questions questions indeed.

Good point! Now there's a plausible scenario that didn't occur to me. Of course, I hope it's not exactly the same. It has to be different somehow, and much more complicated. If it's too obvious like that, I'll be really disappointed.

Personally, I think the fact that a lot of us are so emotional after last night's episode shows a true fan. Whether we liked it or didn't like it, our feelings are very strong on the matter. Someone who, to me at least, who is indifferent about it, really isn't a fan.
I see... but I'm not a fan of crazy fans... I mean... this is a "show"... and probably I am acting like a person who loves emotionally a show, but also all the stuff behind it! Sorry if I love also "art" and not only a character...

Did anybody notice that through the whole sequence of Vaughn getting shot and everything that took place to his funeral that Sydney's emotional reactions were VERY minor? Everyone is talking about how she didn't cry at the funeral BUT even when he got shot her response was pretty pathetic!!!!!!!!!!

As I was watching it I was wondering if it was because this was a planned stunt - so Vaughn might really not be dead afterall. Or...is it hard for Michael Vartan & Jennifer Garner to maintain any kind of chemistry (let's be honest, it was pretty non-existent last season)? It must be hard for Michael Vartan to act out having a child with a woman that previously had been his girlfriend but had moved on and was carrying the baby of another man. He probably dreamed that this scenario would be his own - but it's not and now it's rubbed in his face. He has to keep acting with her, calling the baby his own, when in reality it must be a painful situation for him. Maybe I'm reading too much into it - they have got to be better actors than that and should be able to rise above their own personal issues. But Sydney has ALWAYS reacted with more emotion in the past when anything tragic happened. So I would have expected her initial reactions to Vaughn being shot to be MUCH more dramatic.
:confused:
This is not a movie! This is a TV show... you have to see all the season to understand a "face" or a "reaction"... It depends on what the script asks to an actor... Have you seen all the fourth season? Sydney has been so "icy", for almost alla the season... but when she discovered her mom was alive, she started again to react emotionally. To say the truth, I loved so much the first season, bacause Sydney was fresher. After that season she began to be more reflective, as her father is. And I say more... I think that she's a really good drama actress. She gave us so many emotional cries: the Danny's stuff (I'll never forget her shout), the Will's stuff at the end of the first season. The strong feeling (good or bad) for her father and then for her mother. The so emotional cry of the end of the second season, for Vaughn's marriage. Her reactions, during the all first part of the third season. She was so great that "SAVED" the show!!! Her great "isolate" reactions in the "isolate" episodes of the fourth season (see "Nocturne" or the episodes of the "tomb", with that great mix with the laughs for Marshall). Now this is a fifth season. I think first of all it's really difficult to carry on a single character, like Sydney, for a loooooooooooooong time. Especially if you are the "contrary" of that character, as Jennifer Garner is... that SO SMART PERSON, as you can see in all her interviews. And now that she's carrying a baby, she's particularly HAPPY. And if she continues to be on Alias, we have only to thank her, because she's the CORE of Alias. OR AT LEAST RESPECT HER!!! I also think that she loves more to act in the fun-stuff of Alias. Because she has this great talent with that particular mix of comicity and drama. She has always followed the script "literally", professionally for all these years. With the baby stuff, probably she'll manage to find again tha "inspiration" that all the actor can lose, if for a long time you play something, you don't like so much. Actors must be talented, but they fortunately can alternate the type of characters... or they'll die behind a single character. Jennifer has managed to "change" the same character and continues to be so emotional. Let's give her the bounden forehand to suggest what is the best thing for her character NOW! GOSH!

YES!!!!!! Thank you!
if you are QUITTING the show....then leave! Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!
The rest of us will enjoy the rest of the season without you!

I think all of you have great ideas. To those who say MV/AM must still be alive, it is sweet how much you are hoping for the survival of his character. I think those who are leaving the show because of this certainly have a right to stop watching, but consider staying because there is so much we have to see on this storyline. A lot can happen.

P.S. I can't wait to see what Balthazar Getty will be doing this season! I just LOVE him! If MV/AM does not come back (I hope he does, but in the sad event he does not) Getty might be a worthy shoulder for Sydney to cry on! ;)

I think Vaughn is really alive. You can tell that Jack Bristow said he will take care of everything for Sydney and Vaughn as soon as Sydney told him she is pregnant. Sounds like to me he arranged the staged death of Vaughn and the funeral so that the enemies would believe Vaughn is really dead.

Thought it was hilarious Jennifer Garner is using her shawl and purse to cover up her preggy belly. I also noticed Jennifer did not run in this episode.

I think Vaughn is really alive. You can tell that Jack Bristow said he will take care of everything for Sydney and Vaughn as soon as Sydney told him she is pregnant. Sounds like to me he arranged the staged death of Vaughn and the funeral so that the enemies would believe Vaughn is really dead.

Thought it was hilarious Jennifer Garner is using her shawl and purse to cover up her preggy belly. I also noticed Jennifer did not run in this episode.

I like the way you think!

I am not sure he is dead, although I have a feeling of emptiness, although I am thinking that its because of the high possibility of the show going off. I am angry with the writers to even play with this though. If he is dead, its too bad that these people think viewers need death for ratings. I am sure the season can go on with or without Vaughn.

Back