Rate: The 1st Season of Lost

How do you rate the entire first season of Lost?

• 10-Best TV I've ever seen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9-Outstanding

• 8-Great

• 7-Good

• 6-Pretty Good

• 5-Decent

• 4-Not so Good

• 3-Bad

• 2-Horrible

• 1-Worst TV I've ever seen

• Total voters

Kewii

April 27th
To hold us over the summer, I thought I would create a thread to discuss the entire first season of Lost.

Let us know what you thought were the best, weirdest, lamest, and most romantic moments of Lost.

Kewii

as a season, it was outstanding. some of my favorite moments were the kate/sawyer in the lake one and the one where sawyer demanded that kate kiss him. :love: so i'm biased... too bad.

Just an outstanding first season of an outstanding television series. The Lost creative team has an awful lot to live up to for the seasons to come.

I thought it was great.

Honestly, I found it a tad overrated after a promising start. Overall, the series didn't really go anywhere. Definatly a lot of character history and development which was fantastic, but for what reason? I was left wanting more from that at the end.
At the end of the season we are pretty much at the same place we were at the start of the season except we know heaps about these characters. And the two hour finale was drawn out for no good reason really.

The good though, great production values, the mystery is there and there is plenty of promise on future seasons will IMO should be much better than this season. I really did enjoy the show, but its not the greatest show ever. Definatly has a long way to go but I reckon it will get there! :D

I loved all the character development, I definitely think it helped the show. I think the first season of Lost was one of the best first seasons ever!! It was amazing. My favorite moment was just the entire Hearts and Minds episode, along with the Greater Good (what, I'm a Shooner! Hehehe). The saddest...well when Boone died. *cries for the ten-millionth time*

I had a really good time and there were lots of truly great moments, which is way better than most series. I wouldn't say it was the best ever all season long, but almost what is? :lol: But Lost had some really insane moments at times, for example, Hurley and his numbers, which I absolutely loved--the best I've seen since Strange Luck dumped that toxic waste (God, how did that episode go, it was terrific . . .)

(Actually, The 4400 wasn't too far off that kind of pixilated energy when Summer Glau had
a whole mental facility plus staff building a weird contraption to cure Jeffrey Combs
last week . . . but I digress . . .)

Most romantic moment? I must confess, when Jin and Sun got together to say goodbye in the last episode there, it was rather moving, how he said he had made her suffer and it was his duty to save her and all . . .

Most harrowing? Probably when Claire was kidnapped.

Most . . . something . . .

1. When Jin must "earn his keep" by becoming an enforcer. He beats the man to save his life, a trauma which he bears alone.

2. Locke's visionary dream of Boone and the plane, followed by Boone's tragic decision to remain in the plane with the radio.

Lame moments just don't stick in my memory that much, unless I have to think more deeply (thinking Alias right now). :angelic: The "circle of life" allusion pushed it a bit, but I can forgive them under the circumstances.

Just a moment to shout out to my most memorable characters:

Locke: of course because he is the visionary and spiritual guide. Does this mean that he is not fumbling in the dark? No.

Kate: I can't say I'm exactly fond of her, she's got a lot to answer for. But I'm fascinated to find out just what makes her tick.

Jin: and not just because I'm fond of Daniel Dae Kim, thanks to the writers. They've created a character who entered into a devil's bargain because he fell in love with a woman with one hell of a father. Can he reclaim himself and what he almost lost? Fascinating.

Looking forward to next season!
✌️

I think it was a great firs season.
After the pilot I was a bit sceptic, but then as I got to know the characters it got more interesting and intersting.
But not all episodes was that ínteresting, felt like transportation towards the next big moment. But of course it must be hard to keep it up for 24 episodes?

Over all great!, but I hope for more next season.

It's a great show and I find myself watching the reruns and enjoying those. I'm not the type of person who can watch something over and over unless I like it ALOT. Lost ranks up there for me. Maybe its because there is a mystery and things to try to figure out - it sure does keep my attention.

You also have a cast of characters that are complex and will take along time to fully understand them and where they are coming from. I find that as I am watching the reruns (knowing the characters better), I find myself seeing the show in a whole different way from when I first saw each episode.

As a whole, I'd have to give Lost's first season an '8.' It began as an extremely exciting, not to mention promising, series, but I felt quality and believability slowly drift away as each episode passed. Unlike the freshman seasons of "Alias" or even "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (two shows that I believe most of you are fond of) "Lost" quickly became lost (heh heh).

The writers did a fine job setting up scenarios that left the audience craving for more, but if you use a carrot on a stick to lead a rabbit around and never give him even a taste, it too will grow tired. There wasn't a clear path for our castaway friends. Toward the end of season especially, each episode felt like filler as we counted down to the supposed "jaw-dropping" finale. And so, the finale came, and again, there was no clear path.

If you think back, we knew nothing about the island in the first episode of the season, and now that the last episode has aired, we still know nothing.

But alas, it wasn't all sour this season on "Lost," of course. I loved the characters and character development. It was really what the show was all about. We grew to love and care about each character on the island, and so when catastrophe struck, we felt the impact... greatly (Boone... (n) ). My favorite characters would have to be Sun and Jin. Though they were left out of the spotlight for much of the season, I found their backstories, conflicts, and personalities more compelling than any of their fellow castaways. Sure there were the ones that made us laugh like Hurley, Sawyer, and Shannon, and the ones that made us think like Jack, Locke, and Michael, and the ones that were just... well... kind of there :smiley:ahem: Kate), but Sun and Jin, in my humble opinion, rose above them all.

My favorite episode, however, involves a different character. Aside from the amazing, awe-inspiring two-part pilot episode, the fourth episode of the series, "Walkabout," left me with chills. The twisted, shocking, and at the same time touching backstory of Locke was revealed. The ending sequence of him yelling to the Australian exploration manager and waking up on the island with the ability to walk brought a tear to my eye.

And just because I like numbers, I'm going to rate each episode on a scale from 1-10.

"Pilot" - 10/10
"Pilot, Part II" - 10/10
"Tabula Rasa" - 7/10
"Walkabout" - 9/10
"White Rabbit" - 8/10
"House of the Rising Sun" - 8/10
"The Moth" - 7/10
"Confidence Man" - 7/10
"Solitary" - 6/10
"Raised by Another" - 8/10
"All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues" - 9/10
"Whatever the Case May Be" - 7/10
"Hearts and Minds" - 6.5/10
"Special" - 6.5/10
"Homecoming" - 7/10
"Outlaws" - 7/10
"In Translation" - 7.5/10
"Numbers" - 6.5/10
"Deus Ex Machina" - 6.5/10
"Do No Harm" - 7.5/10
"The Greater Good" - 6/10
"Born to Run" - 7/10
"Exodus - Part I" - 7/10
"Exodus - Part II" 8.5/10

I give it a 9. Alias is the best. I wondered how a show about people stranded on a island would do but i enjoyed it very much. It's one of my favorites. Lost and 24 tie for 2nd.

Outstanding. I first thought that I wouldn't like it ( people stranded on a island? That's so old!) but I don't remember when I would have been so excited about a new show! I couldn't wait to see the next episode! Season 2 come quickly please!

Haha im the one who voted the lowest i loved the starting but near the end it was BORING, the whole "others" sucked, and near the end it was too make believe they could have made it soo much better.I really like the middle of the season. Very mysterious and intriguing.

I know a lot of people disagree but ill still tune in to next season i need to know what is inside that hacth!

i have given it a 6-Pretty Good. Best TV ever would be a show that has consistancy with its storyline where everythings fabulous like every episode. this show ain't its far below that the first two episodes wee hee i was excited. it flopped come third episode alot of the episodes they could have done better.

I voted 9 because I couldn't find it in my heart to let it beat Alias but LOST is addicting in a different way than Alias. But it was good to have a show that could balance out my Alias dominated life, I loved Moth (I'm a jack/kate shipper) and baisically any other j/k episode and I also loved "Alll cowboys have daddy episodes" JJ loves excitement in the halfway done episodes. It was creepy but Addicting I can't wait for the new season ^_^ it sux that its not on the same night of Alias :thinking:

Back