Season 4 Rate: The Road Home

What did you think of "The Road Home"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Is good not to have Vaughn and Syd together ... let them go separate ways for while ... and while we see Syd flirting with Sam, we see Vaughn not trusting Syd with the info he now has about his father ...

i have a question to ask of some lovely soul....i'm going to miss the first 15-30 minutes of alias this week.. i was wondering if someone could somehow send me a copy of the episode...(if not thats fine ...its just that i might be a little depressed ..lol)
email me at kmalias13@msn.com if you can....thanks

Seanman2326 said:
Am I the only person who doesn't mind the lack of Syd & Vaughn- ness right now on the show? I mean giving Vaughn a story of his own for once instead of just being involved with Sydneys or what not is kinda nice!
[post="1266657"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I have to dissagree there. They haven't seen eachother in like two whole episodes!! I'm missing the romance. :(

I wish they would stop re-cycling plots and let Sydney fall in love with some bad boy spy---hmmm maybe an Afleck clone (or the real thing). Everyone is so dead emotionally.

And somebody to tell Vaughn to shave already. :P

KEEP B.AFF OUT OF MY ALIAS!

We don't even wat RUMORs of stuff like that.... if you want to a season 5, then keep stuff like that in a little locked room in the back of your brain somewhere.

Never, ever let it escape... and um... altering your post might be a good idea.

:P

<0> LOL

Seems he is a lot like me....has the reverse midas touch!

I wish they would stop re-cycling plots and let Sydney fall in love with some bad boy spy---hmmm maybe an Afleck clone (or the real thing). Everyone is so dead emotionally.

Agree! They need to spice the show up a bit. They all work together and play together. They need to throw someone else into the mix. And please.....not another family member.

Someone like Sawyer from LOST would do. (y)

This episode was nothing special. It was pretty pointless, and the only thing I really enjoyed was Sam. He was so sweet. :smiley: I give it 2 stars -_-

I suppose every season of every show has to have a turkey, but I thought Alias was the exception. Let's face it, S1 was consistent and can ANYONE slag of S2?. I thought not. Okay, S3 was weaker and 'Reunion' for me was a pretty felgercarb episode, but the season was still better than most shows output. No real bonafide turkeys.

And then we get 'The Road Home'.

Now, I've enjoyed S4 thus far. While they're nowhere near as engaging as the serialised episodes the show is famous for, the run of stand-alones have been good value, entertaining. 'The Awful Truth' & 'Detente' were some of the best episodes of all seasons, for my money. But the ep's of the last few weeks have felt like a return to form, the ongoing storylines creeping up on us, intriguing us, exciting us.

And then...we get 'The Road Home'.

It could be a contender for the worst Alias episode ever, this one. The main Sydney/Sam plot was silly & irritating; there was too little of the ongoing Vaughn quest saga; Dixon was again criminally underused, as was Marshall; very little Sloane, which is always a bad thing. And don't even get me started on that helicopter gadget...has Alias become an Austin Powers-esque pastiche or something, because that's what the ending felt like. Utterly ridiculous.

The one reason I didn't give this episode a 1 out of 5, was because of the only plot that interested me, which again we had little of: the Jack/Sacha Korjev stuff. That was excellently done, especially where Jack killed him. The episode should have been about THIS, not dopey Sam Houser running around Saltburg being chased by a Bond-gadget reject!

Let's hope this is a minor blip in a so-far strong fourth season. (y) (y)

Say what you will...
I liked it.... It reminded us what Sydney was like OUTSIDE of the agency, the effects were very well done and the music was awesome.

<O>

I dunno...it didn't really feel like Alias. We didn't find out anything new and the show moved pretty slowly. Given that us UK viewers had to wait 2 weeks for this episode, it was kind of a disappointment.

it was ok, yep just ok, i mean SAM, get him off the television screen, and where was marshall and his witty lines....puhlease season four is going downhill. i mean sark has only been in TWO episodes so far :D

Back