Ratings for 1/19/05

Alias News

Official News Poster
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Fast National ratings for Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2005

"American Idol" didn't reach the heights of its Tuesday premiere on Wednesday, but it still did well enough to lead FOX to a ratings win for the night.

FOX averaged an 11.0 rating/16 share in primetime to beat ABC, which held up pretty well in scoring a 9.2/14. CBS was third at 7.0/11, just edging NBC's 6.9/10. The WB took fifth with a 1.8/5, and UPN trailed at 1.5/2.
The story was similar among adults 18-49, with FOX's 8.2 rating and ABC's 5.8 well ahead of the rest of the pack. CBS and NBC tied for third at 3.2. The WB averaged 1.1 and UPN 0.9.

The second night of "American Idol" posted a 15.0/22, down from 17.0/25 in its first hour on Tuesday but easily winning the 8 p.m. hour for FOX. It didn't have much effect on the audience for "Lost," as the ABC series came in at 11.8/18. CBS was third with "60 Minutes." NBC's "SI Swimsuit Model Search" took a sizable hit, managing only a 3.0/4. A repeat of "Smallville" on The WB was fifth at 2.1/3, ahead of "The Road to Stardom" on UPN.

ABC moved into the lead at 9 p.m. with "Alias," 8.7/13. "The King of Queens" and "Center of the Universe" averaged 7.6/11 for CBS, beating the 7.3/11 for "The West Wing" on NBC. The premiere of "Point Pleasant" on FOX, 7.0/11, lost more than half the "Idol" audience, but that's not out of line with what other shows have done in the post-"AI" slot. UPN's "Kevin Hill" and The WB's "Big Man on Campus" tied for fifth.

"Law & Order" won the 10 p.m. hour for NBC with a 10.2/17 as it welcomed new cast member Annie Parrisse. A repeat of "CSI: NY" was second at 7.3/12. ABC's "Wife Swap" posted a 6.9/11.

# Ratings information is taken from fast national data. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change.

What the hell is it with America and this crappy show American Idol!?

I just don't get it!

IT HAS TO BE THE WORST SHOW ON TV!! I can't imagine a worse show than AI! I just can't! Give me any crappy FOX reality show other than this one, or anything on the National Geographic channel... hell I'd rather watch a soap opera than AI!!! Who cares about Simon?? He sucks too! He practices the things he's gonna tell the rejects anyway!

How could such a bad show beat Lost?! HOW?!? Can someone give me a logical explanation????

At least Alias won the 9 PM hour, which is great! But how could Lost lose to that piece of felgercarb????

ivand67 said:
What the hell is it with America and this crappy show American Idol!?

I just don't get it!

IT HAS TO BE THE WORST SHOW ON TV!! I can't imagine a worse show than AI! I just can't! Give me any crappy FOX reality show other than this one, or anything on the National Geographic channel... hell I'd rather watch a soap opera than AI!!! Who cares about Simon?? He sucks too! He practices the things he's gonna tell the rejects anyway!

How could such a bad show beat Lost?! HOW?!? Can someone give me a logical explanation????

At least Alias won the 9 PM hour, which is great! But how could Lost lose to that piece of felgercarb????
[post="1169212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy that the new apperance of American Idol didn't do much to the raitings for either Lost or Alias but still...Lost isn't #1 for 8pm now and ABC has an ice cubes chance in hell of winning Wednesday for a while!

I hate American Idol so much - i nearly had convultions when i saw the raitings for its tuesday premeire *shakes head*

At least the performance episodes of American Idol won't be on Wednesday nights, once that portion starts. It'll just be the results show, I think. Those are usually not nearly as high-rated as the performances (because people can find out who won whether they tune in or not.) If that's the case, it shouldn't hurt ABC too much. The audition shows with the talentless people actually seem to be higher rated than the final rounds...God knows why.

Yeah, I'm just waiting for Australian Idol to start here and take over everything that's on TV... we're getting The X Factor first in February when our ratings start, as well as Big Brother by mid year... thankfully they are all on the same network, and they are all on earlier so they don't effect most other shows on other networks in ratings...

Back