Season 5 Ratings for "The Shed"

Jaimie

Retired
The CBS sweep of the night began with "Survivor: Guatemala" posting a 10.4/17 at 8 p.m. "Joey," 5.2/9, and "Will & Grace," 5.8/9, gave NBC second for the hour, while FOX's coverage of the National League Championship Series was third. "Alias" came in at 4.8/8 for ABC to take fourth. The WB was fifth with "Smallville," 3.4/5, which finished slightly ahead of UPN's "Everybody Hates Chris" and "Love, Inc."

Thank you to Alias-Media.

Well, it's at 4th, which isn't bad. Obviously CBS and the All Star Game will score higher, although I didn't expect NBC to.

Numbers-wise. Things are NOT looking good for Alias :(

From mediaweek.com...

-Yesterday’s Losers:
Joey (NBC), Alias (ABC) , Love, Inc. (UPN), The Night Stalker (ABC), Cuts (UPN), Primetime Live (ABC)

Although the WB has fared considerably better by moving Smallville and Everwood to Thursday, anchoring the evening with Alias and positioning the new Night Stalker at 9 p.m. has not been beneficial for ABC. Alias kicked-off the evening with a 5.6/ 8 in the overnights (#4), 7.03 million viewers (#4) and a fifth-place 2.2/ 6 among adults 18-49 at 8 p.m. That led into a series-low 4.0/ 6 in the overnights (#5), 5.15 million viewers (#4) and a 2.0/ 5 among adults 18-49 (#4) for Night Stalker at 9 p.m. Even worse for the network was Primetime Live, with a fourth-place (and almost invisible) 3.5/ 5 in the overnights, 4.71 million viewers and a 1.6/ 4 among adults 18-49 at 10 p.m.

Errr. Alias fans are really frustrating me! Vaughn is gone, so 2 million go with him :( I thought they'd be more loyal than that... And I think they're missing out.

Let's leave the fan-judgments out of things, please. They can be construed as personal attacks and often cause thread infighting. And yes, I posted this exact same thing last week. Why do you ask?

LOL, Jinnie. Sorry. And I can't imagine why you posted it last week too :smiley:

EDIT - But honestly, Jinnie, I feel that we should be able to express our frustration with the fans as the fans are able to express frustration with the show. I'm not going to single out any All Alias members, but not being allowed to say "fans are ridiculous" is... well... ridiculous. ;)

Surely there's a more tactful way to express sentiment than borderline name-calling. And saying you're disappointed in someone is still not okay - because who are you for fans to answer to?

Numbers-wise. Things are NOT looking good for Alias :(

From mediaweek.com...
Errr. Alias fans are really frustrating me! Vaughn is gone, so 2 million go with him :( I thought they'd be more loyal than that... And I think they're missing out.

Let's not forget that Vaughn's departure is not the only reason why many fans might be leaving. From the first episode to the second there was only like a half million drop in viewers. I think it's safe to say that many people gave Alias a chance in that second episode to show them what this season was going to be like...and it appears that many were unimpressed.

Another thing to take into account - Survivor and the baseball playoffs are stealing viewers from other shows, including Alias; if not for those (in part), Alias would have more viewers.

The ratings aren't horrible, but should be better. THIS IS ALIAS!!! I don't think that this season is that bad that millions of veiwers should stop watching ;) It's the last season, and should be given as much respect as the other 4 :( , poor season 5 :confused:

~Andrea

They are pretty horrible. Alias is an ANCHOR. Which means it's supposed to get good ratings to solidify the network's win on that night.

They are pretty horrible. Alias is an ANCHOR. Which means it's supposed to get good ratings to solidify the network's win on that night.

but the show would never do that because its ratings have never been great ... ABC knew dat by moving it to thursday night ... CBS is the powerhouse to beat, and with the baseball play-offs ofcourse Alias would lose viewers ...

Another thing to take into account - Survivor and the baseball playoffs are stealing viewers from other shows, including Alias; if not for those (in part), Alias would have more viewers.

Thank you.

This is the reason for the dip in ratiings. Going up against the playoffs plus a top 5 show nationally. No one knows how many people watch (you can't tell me the Neilsens are an accurate barometer) or whatever reason they watch for.

I think one of the reasons you didn't see a large ratings drop until after episode 2 is because people were hoping to see signs of Vaughn being alive. I've watched these three episodes in hopes of that but probably won't watch anymore.

I think one of the reasons you didn't see a large ratings drop until after episode 2 is because people were hoping to see signs of Vaughn being alive. I've watched these three episodes in hopes of that but probably won't watch anymore.

If you feel this way. How about changing your name to "Obsessed with Vartan" then

If you feel this way. How about changing your name to "Obsessed with Vartan" then

Just a note, she can be obsessed with Jen and be unhappy with the show :smiley:

I love all the actors on Alias, but am not watching it, because I am unhappy with how things are going on the show.

All Star Game
? I guess you mean the playoffs? :confused: :smiley: I'm easily confused.

There's a lot of action on Thursdays this fall & it looks like it's shaking out in WB and UPN's favor for now, at least--as CBS rolls on, of course. I think the fans like what's happening with Smallville and maybe a little less so with Alias (at least at first, just look the mixed feelings here). Plus, the expectations are higher for a big-net show like Alias, than a cult show on a small net like WB--it has a smaller audience that's gaining and everybody thinks that's a big win even though the numbers are a lot smaller than Alias'.

? I guess you mean the playoffs? :confused: :smiley: I'm easily confused.

There's a lot of action on Thursdays this fall & it looks like it's shaking out in WB and UPN's favor for now, at least--as CBS rolls on, of course. I think the fans like what's happening with Smallville and maybe a little less so with Alias (at least at first, just look the mixed feelings here). Plus, the expectations are higher for a big-net show like Alias, than a cult show on a small net like WB--it has a smaller audience that's gaining and everybody thinks that's a big win even though the numbers are a lot smaller than Alias'.

Very much agreed. I've got to say that I'm quite pleased with Everybody Hates Chris...I've only caught a couple episodes but it's hilarious, and just a very good comedy. I'm glad to see it doing well, and I'm glad that there is something decent to watch on Thursday nights ;)

Notice it says JEN and not SYDNEY. FYI, I have two Jen posters in my room. Both of them are NOT Alias posters.

The rolling eyes smiley here isn't nearly as dramatic as the rolling eyes I'm giving you right now. That was the most ridiculous comment I've ever had thrown at me. So here you go!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back