Season 2 Ratings

Kara

eternally nostalgic
"In what ABC hopes will jump-start the critically acclaimed but low-rated series, an 11 p.m. Super Bowl lead-out edition of Alias averaged a 13.3/23. "

I suppose, since so many guys watch the Superbowl, they were smart to put the Sydney/lingerie thing for the Super Bowl ep. How many guys are going to turn THAT off??

I'm not sure exactly how the Nielsen's work, but that means that 13.3 million people watched, doesn't it? Because Alias usually averages about a 5.6, meaning that last night more than twice as many people as usual tuned in. Let's hope that we can keep some of them! Even half of that new audience would make a huge difference...

I really don't get the Nielsen thing either, but I thought that Alias usually got around 9 or 10. It's an improvement, we'll have to see what happens next week!

I'm really glad to hear the ratings were good ! Weren't they saying that if they weren't good Alias would probably not have a 3rd season ???

It got a 13.3/23, which I think means that 23 million people watched! Considering that Alias usually gets around 9 million people, that's a huge jump. I think this is good news, guys!

PS. _sydney_bristow_-you have the best avatar ever!!!!!

It got a 13.3/23, which I think means that 23 million people watched! Considering that Alias usually gets around 9 million people, that's a huge jump. I think this is good news, guys!

I think it means out of 23 million people, 13.3 watched Alias. I think.

PS. _sydney_bristow_-you have the best avatar ever!!!!!

Why thank you.

I hope it will help Alias get its rating up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Alias!!! I love it!! I love it!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!! Anyone out there who hasn't watched it you need to!!!!!!!!!! :redhair:

I'm not sure what the two numbers in the Nielsen rating mean-maybe 13.3/23 means that 13.3 million people watched, and that was 23% of the people watching TV at that time? Whatever it means, I know that 13.3 is a good number, especially for a drama. Let's be positive!

Each point equals one percent of TV house holds (1 point=1,055,000 approx.) and the share represents the number of TVs in use. So, there were approximately 13,000,000 people watching Alias out of 23,000,000 TVs sets on at the time

which is good....right???
(somebody just tell me the ratings were good or not...oy...i don't get these whole point things....)
:eyeroll:

Well, considering that 13 is more than half of 23, to me that says that more people were watching Alias than were watching any single other program that was airing at the time. I consider that good. Also, I read that this was the single highest rated episode of the show ever. Next week will be the real test, though. That'll be when we see who's going to stick around and watch.

Where do you hear that information from?
Zap2it.com has ratings info. EOnline (and a few other news stories) said that it was the highest rated episode of the show ever.

Even better news. I just read at Vartanho.com, that the ratings were 17.4 million viewers, which is nearly double!! I hope it stays that way for next week!!

WWHOOOO!!! So they can't cancel it if the ratings come back!!!??? ::mouths silently:: ::screams: YESSSSS!!!

I'm gonna buy a million nielson boxes and hook them up .... and they Alias will be here forever. teehee.

KaThRyN

Back