Season 4 Ratings

I agree...with American Idol at 8 and a new show at 9, i don't think Alias will have anything to worry about. AI is a perennial ratings winner, but signs that the reality phenonemon is waning along with Lost's usual rating success and the inevitable interest caused by the events of last week's episode should certainly cause some competition between the two, but Lost's serialized format should help it keep viewers, just as Alias will later that night. Even if the two shows don't get as a high a viewer precentage as they have, I don't either will lose a significant amount of viewers.

*dances* That makes me so happy about the ratings. I mean 14.5 million viewers!! DAMN!!!! I *heart* Wednesdays. I am such a HUUUUUUUGE Alias fan, and also a HUUUUUUUGE Lost fan, so it's all good.

But stupid American Idol. Poopy. It must DIE!! Hopefully Alias will kill it. :laughbounce:

Azalea said:
Pshew..if that's truly their final time schedule, then that will be a huge blessing for us.  Lost at this point can probably handle the competition, whereas Alias's new hit status is still fragile.  (So weird...for a new show and an established show, it should be the reverse.)
[post="1159695"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Amazing that - the last two weeks now we've been hoping the ratings hold, and they have been. But its really a week by week thing. As we all know with the ratings, anything can happen from a week to another week. That is part of the excitement I think! :D

yep, exactly ... we just need to keep our fingers crossed for the show, so that week after week the audience hold up ... ;)

callsignfreelancer said:
i'll be so freaking out if any new alias viewers ditch it for american idol... like who gives a damn..
[post="1159613"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Definately!! I was so scared that was gonna happen, but now there's not much to worry about. :D

Honestly though, If I was a big ALIAS and also a big American Idol fan, I'd miss American Idol over ALIAS. American Idol is very repetitve. If you miss one performance by someone, it's not gonna hurt you. Yet every ALIAS episode, self-contained or not, is important to the season story line.

Back