Season 4 Ratings

'Alias' Holds Up as ABC Wins Wednesday
(Thursday, January 13 08:11 AM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Fast National ratings for Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2005
The one-two punch of "Lost" and "Alias" led ABC to a ratings win Wednesday, with the latter show appearing finally to have found a wide audience.

ABC averaged a 9.5 rating/15 share for the night, easily beating second-place CBS, 7.8/12. NBC took third with a 7.3/11, followed by FOX at 4.9/7. UPN's 1.9/3 was good for fifth, beating The WB's 1.6/2.

Among adults 18-49, ABC dominated with a 6.1 rating. CBS and NBC tied for third at 3.5, and FOX was right behind at 3.4. UPN averaged 1.1 and The WB 0.9.
"Lost" continued its strong run at 8 p.m. with a 12.6/19, far outpacing "60 Minutes," 7.3/11, on CBS. "The SI Swimsuit Model Search" was third for NBC, beating "That '70s Show," 4.0/6, and "Quintuplets," 3.3/5, on FOX. UPN's "Road to Stardom with Missy Elliott" was fifth at 2.2/3. The WB trailed with a rerun of "Smallville."

At 9 p.m., "Alias" (9.2/14) was off a good bit from its premiere last week, but it still won the hour comfortably and is way ahead of its previous seasons' ratings. NBC moved up to second with "The West Wing," 7.8/12. "The King of Queens," 7.6/11, and "Center of the Universe," 6.4/10, were third for CBS. FOX's "Supernanny" had another solid night with a 6.2/9. UPN stayed in fifth with a "Kevin Hill" repeat. The WB went with "Big Man on Campus."

NBC took the lead at 10 p.m. with "Law & Order," 9.9/16. "CSI: NY" was second for CBS with a 9.1/15. ABC's "Wife Swap" came in at 6.7/11.

Uhuhuh, Great news, 15 million people again!!

Source here: Zap2it

I'm not really sure how you get the 15 million. Is that from the second number? :blink:

Also they did great on the 18-49 demographic. :D

I saw these raitings for the first time while at school this afternoon and I was jumping for joy and just freaking out that they stayed relativly consistant with last weeks and...*sigh* I love Wednesdsays now lol

with the latter show appearing finally to have found a wide audience.
I never thought we would hear those words!!!!! :woot: We've waited so long for this...Who would ever have guessed that Alias would become a hit in its 4th season? Not me. I hope American Idol doesn't take too much of a bite out in the next few weeks. Damn FOX! :angry:

Azalea said:
I never thought we would hear those words!!!!! :woot:  We've waited so long for this...Who would ever have guessed that Alias would become a hit in its 4th season?  Not me.  I hope American Idol doesn't take too much of a bite out in the next few weeks. Damn FOX!  :angry:
[post="1158495"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ditto...

But it's only 2 shows so far... just 2 weeks... let's just hope it's not an early phenomenon kind of thing and all of these new viewers actually liked what they saw.

The 9 PM hour on Wednesdays seems harder to win than the 8 PM hour... The West Wing has a pretty big audience over on NBC (screw them), and then of course, American Midol.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>'Lost,' 'Alias' Push ABC to Big Wednesday Win</span>

The dramatic combo of "Lost" and "Alias" packed a punch again on Wednesday, giving ABC the nightly win in primetime by a wide margin.

At 10 p.m., it was another close contest between NBC's "Law & Order" and CBS' "CSI: NY." The two dramas were in a dead heat in the adults 18-49 demographic, while "Law & Order" maintained the edge in total viewers.

"Lost" opened the night for ABC with 22.7 million viewers and a 7.8 rating/21 share in the key demo, according to preliminary estimates from Nielsen Media Research. "Alias" followed at 9 p.m. with 14.5 million viewers and 6.1/15 in 18-49.

At 10 p.m., ABC's "Wife Swap" (9.7 million, 4.2/11) put up a respectable fight against "Law & Order" (14.7 million, 4.7/12) and "CSI: NY" (13.7 million, 4.7/12).

CBS had a see-saw performance with its comedies in the 9-10 p.m. hour. At 9 p.m., "The King of Queens" (11.6 million, 4.1/10) perked up from its "60 Minutes Wednesday" lead-in (10.5 million, 2.2/6), but at 9:30 p.m., freshman sitcom "Center of the Universe" (9.7 million, 3.3/8) didn't do any favors for "CSI: NY."

NBC's "The West Wing" (11.9 million, 3.5/8) ran second behind "Alias" in the 9 p.m. hour in total viewers and it grew substantially from its 8 p.m. lead-in, "The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Search" (6.1 million, 2.4/6). Fox's "Nanny 911" (9.7 million, 4.0/10) claimed the No. 2 spot in adults 18-49, thanks to a notable spike in its second half-hour.

UPN's new reality series "Missy Elliott's Road to Stardom" (3.3 million, 1.3/3) drew a small-ish crowd in the 8 p.m. hour, but it was a mob scene compared to the anemic turnout for WB's unscripted 9 p.m. entry "Big Man on Campus" (1.6 million, 0.6/1).

For the night, ABC cruised to an easy victory with an average of 15 million viewers and 6.1/15 in the key demo. CBS was No. 2 in viewers (11.6 million) and tied with NBC for second in adults 18-49 (3.5/9), with Fox running close behind (3.4/9).

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

ABC got a winning team now on Wednesday nights ... (y) (y)

Hey, good news!! In next wednesday, American Idol will be broadcasted at 8 et against Lost, at 9 et will premiere the series Point Pleasant, lower ratings for sure to FOX and bigger to Alias hehe. In 01/26, AI will come back to 9 et, PP will be in its regularly timeslot (thusrday 9 et)

diegobristow said:
Hey, good news!! In next wednesday, American Idol will be broadcasted at 8 et against Lost, at 9 et will premiere the series Point Pleasant, lower ratings for sure to FOX and bigger to Alias hehe. In 01/26, AI will come back to 9 et, PP will be in its regularly timeslot (thusrday 9 et)
[post="1159449"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Pshew..if that's truly their final time schedule, then that will be a huge blessing for us. Lost at this point can probably handle the competition, whereas Alias's new hit status is still fragile. (So weird...for a new show and an established show, it should be the reverse.)

I hate American Idol. It was fine the first season, but it was all down hill from there. The only good episodes are the first and last. The first, because we get to see the people that suck (LMAO) and the last for obvious reasons.

Hopefully ALIAS can shut it down once and for all! LMAO

Back