Season 5 Ratings

Jamison

Cadet
'CSI' Gives CBS a Big Thursday Win
(Friday, October 07 08:34 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Fast National ratings for Thursday, Oct. 6, 2005
Another dominant win by "CSI" in its time period and the usual strong performances by its companions added up to a big ratings victory for CBS Thursday.

CBS averaged a 14.0 rating/22 share in primetime, nearly double that of second-place NBC, 7.1/11 (CBS did, in fact, lap NBC in total viewers, 22.46 million to 10.55 million). FOX took third at 4.9/8 (its numbers reflect time period only due to live baseball), and ABC was fourth at 4.5/7. The WB scored a 3.1/5 to finish fifth, topping UPN's 2.4/4.

Among adults 18-49, CBS' 7.5 rating led the way by a sizable margin, and NBC took second at 4.7. FOX, 2.4, was third, and ABC and The WB tied for fourth at 2.2. UPN trailed with a 1.4.
"Survivor: Guatemala," 10.7/17, put CBS on top at 8 p.m., easily beating the combination of "Joey," 5.0/8, and "Will & Grace," 5.9/9, on NBC. "Alias," 5.0/8, finished third for ABC, beating FOX's coverage of the National League playoffs. "Smallville" was fifth for The WB, beating "Everybody Hates Chris" (3.6/6) and "Love, Inc." (2.2/3) on UPN.

At 9 p.m., "CSI" destroyed its competition, drawing the night's biggest audience by far with a 17.3/26. NBC was a distant second with "The Apprentice," 6.5/10. FOX moved up to third with its baseball coverage, 5.3/8, dropping ABC's "Night Stalker" to fourth. "Everwood" averaged 2.6/4 to keep The WB in fifth. UPN went with "Eve" and "Cuts."

"Without a Trace" completed the CBS sweep with a 13.8/22 at 10 p.m. "ER" posted a 9.2/15 for NBC, beating FOX's playoff game, 5.0/8, and ABC's "Primetime," 4.4/7.

Ratings information is taken from fast national data. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change, especially in the case of live telecasts.

Wow! I'm pleasantly surprised! Alias only dropped off less than a million viewers! Apparently more Alias viewers appreciate the new season than not.

I certainly won't be watching next week and I think the more people think Michael Vartan is off the show, the less people will be tuning in. I know a large handful of people saying they will no longer watch.

i was shocked how many people tuned in to wacth vaugh die ...but i think less will hang around........unkless of course the new guys really shine ?? guess we;ll find out next week huh.

Wow! I'm pleasantly surprised! Alias only dropped off less than a million viewers! Apparently more Alias viewers appreciate the new season than not.

Losing the amount it did after just between one episode isn't that good though. Plus there are many more people that I know of who watched Thursday's episode and decided they were done with it.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, a lot of people were waiting to see those credits roll - and when his name wasn't listed... they were hitting the road.

Shouldn't this been called Vartan.com/forums.
I am sick and tired of those vartan shippers. Try and enjoy it without that duchebag.
LOOK AT THIS FOR A CHANGE:

The ratings does not look bad when you look at thefutoncritic

followed by week two of "Alias" (households: 5.1/8, #8; adults 18-49: 2.4, #T9), "Night Stalker" (households: 4.0/6, #11; adults 18-49: 2.2, #T11) and "Primetime" (households: 4.5/7, #10; adults 18-49: 2.0, #13) on ABC (households: 4.5/7, #4; adults 18-49: 2.2, #T4).

Compared with last week, "Alias" was down a MODEST 5.56% in households but duplicated its adults 18-49 numbers (households: 5.4/9; adults 18-49: 2.4 on 9/29/05) while "Night Stalker" fell 16.67% in households and 18.52% in adults 18-49 (households: 4.8/7; adults 18-49: 2.7 on 9/29/05).

Modest isn't that good. And just that you know it the ratings for episode 1 was 8,09 mill and this episode was 7,37 mill viewers. Only lost 600.000 in a very competive timeslot. I would say that pretty good numbers.

Those weren't bad ratings. I thought they would be worse with Vaughn off the show:smiley:unsure:smiley:, but no matter what (even if Vaughn doesn't some back) I'm watching Alias. I mean it is probably the last season, give it a chance :blink: :

~Andrea :angelic:

Yeah the ratings weren't bad at all. It shows that even if some fans are upset and take off, still huge portion of the fan base stayed put.

To lose only 600,000 with baseball likely taking some viewers and being in its second week. ABC should be happy.

I suspect the ratings will continue to decline, if they just keep mentioning Vaughn in every scene its going to get redundant. The fact that Syd is pretty much emotionless over Vaughn's death makes things worse. I'm sorry but I downloaded the Jack/Syd heart to heart talk and I was seriously underwhelmed. And next week when Syd is teamed up with the new guy ? That is the beginning of ABC hoping we forget about Vaughn...and embrace this new guy...ugh...

I am sick and tired of those vartan shippers. Try and enjoy it without that duchebag.

Actually vartan's departure had nothing to do with many of us leaving (we were tired of the show and felt that we weren't going to watch before all this happened...this just turned out to be the last straw). We're sick of this show and not at all happy with the direction it's taking. Perhaps if you'd take the time to read more posts on the matter you'd see that ;) Plus we are all entitled to our opinions and are allowed to be a fan of whoever we want and allowed to stop watching a show for whatever reason we want. And this is a great place to discuss all of it. You'll be encountering a lot of it on this board.

And like I said earlier we'll wait and see about the ratings. If they hold steady next week then I guess people decided to stick with it. But if they decline more, then people obviously aren't just fed up with MV leaving but the plot lines in general. I had quite a few friends who decided to give it a try after MV's death and after Thursday's episode didn't feel like it was worth their time, and they will no longer be tuning in.

There are quite a few people I know that like this season so far. And are giving it a try. They think the death of Vaughn brings dramatic potential...and I agree...it has potential.

The fact that Syd is pretty much emotionless over Vaughn's death makes things worse. I'm sorry but I downloaded the Jack/Syd heart to heart talk and I was seriously underwhelmed.

You only downloaded that scene? :eek: You missed the sonogram scene. You missed the Weiss and Syd scene. The scene with Syd in the car. Syd was on the edge of tears in those. Such emotion. And it pretty much has to do with her emotions toward Vaughn.

Personally I think whether or not people like it depends in part on how far back their viewership goes... Those that have been watching since S1 and S2 may be understandably upset, while new viewers picked up last year might just sit tight. Also important may be ABC's general popularity these days. It is not like there has been a lot of promotion for Alias, but anyone tuned into ABC all the time has more of a likely hood of ending up watching a show like Alias.

There are quite a few people I know that like this season so far. And are giving it a try. They think the death of Vaughn brings dramatic potential...and I agree...it has potential.
You only downloaded that scene? :eek: You missed the sonogram scene. You missed the Weiss and Syd scene. The scene with Syd in the car. Syd was on the edge of tears in those. Such emotion. And it pretty much has to do with her emotions toward Vaughn.

I did dl the sonogram scene and the car scene...again very underwhelmed. It was kinda cute to see JG's baby up on the sonogram though...

Personally I think whether or not people like it depends in part on how far back their viewership goes...

Or what they watch the show for. There are some who will dislike the show no matter what because their favorite character is gone.

Or what they watch the show for. There are some who will dislike the show no matter what because their favorite character is gone.

exactly (y)

And ppl just dont want to give these new charcaters a chance ... and MV is gone ... I definitely hope he stays dead ... last night episode was great and even though he wasnt there ... he "was" still around ... but I want to see these new characters grow and see where they are going ... ;)

You are SO my favorite person of the day.

In retrospect, I hope the ratings continue to dwindle just a bit. That way the people who are the bitter, unrespecting viewers of Alias can finally leave and we don't have to hear their negativity and the other fans can enjoy the show!

You are SO my favorite person of the day.

In retrospect, I hope the ratings continue to dwindle just a bit. That way the people who are the bitter, unrespecting viewers of Alias can finally leave and we don't have to hear their negativity and the other fans can enjoy the show!

I just don't understand what is with the name calling and bashing of people who are unhappy with the show. We aren't calling people who are sticking with it names because they still like it.

We are entitled to our opinion, and we should get respect for our opinions. And I really hate to say it and I really hate not watching Alias, because like I've said time and time again this show was my addiction and a major part of my life.

But I refuse to watch it deteriorate right before my eyes. It is not suddenly because Vartan is off the show. It is the show in general and how it seems that it has been abandoned, and that the people behind it really don't know what they're doing. I'm not going to watch a brilliant show turn into something extremely run of the mill. Alias is better than that, and I as a loyal fan who has stuck with it for 4 years deserve better than that.

That being said, unless drastic changes occur, I can only see the ratings slowly start to slip as the season continues and more and more people become upset.

People are entitled to their own opinons, don't start a fight!

It's just that some Vaughn fans, and some non-Vaughn fans are... I don't know how to finish my sentence. (n)

But the whole thing about people leaving because they were upset. I liked watching Alias because it made me upset. The more terrible things that happen, the more I want to tune in and see what happens next. Until the last few episodes, Season four was way too happy for me. I hated how everything was so perfect, or turned out ok after awhile. Especially how easily the good guys won.

I liked the preview for next week's episode about the new characters. The new rookies seem like two kids Sydney has to chase around. :lol: I can't wait to meet them. But at the same time I'm kinda nervous.

I see lots of people dropping the show, and I wonder what would have to happen for me to drop it too.

I just don't understand what is with the name calling and bashing of people who are unhappy with the show. We aren't calling people who are sticking with it names because they still like it.

We are entitled to our opinion, and we should get respect for our opinions. And I really hate to say it and I really hate not watching Alias, because like I've said time and time again this show was my addiction and a major part of my life.

But I refuse to watch it deteriorate right before my eyes. It is not suddenly because Vartan is off the show. It is the show in general and how it seems that it has been abandoned, and that the people behind it really don't know what they're doing. I'm not going to watch a brilliant show turn into something extremely run of the mill. Alias is better than that, and I as a loyal fan who has stuck with it for 4 years deserve better than that.

That being said, unless drastic changes occur, I can only see the ratings slowly start to slip as the season continues and more and more people become upset.

I agree with you about the name calling Jamison, but I do understand the premise behind it. Let's be fair about what's going on here. Everyone has a right to like/dislike the show and express his/her opinions. The issue here is that there are many fans who don't care about the Vaughn situation and still want to give the show a chance to entertain them.

But we've been swamped with posts (on numerous ALIAS sites) from Vaughn fans not only coming with obvious bitterness, but now a crab-like pull you down with me attitude. They claim to no longer watch the show (which is their right) yet still post in the episode forums with the same repetitive negativity taking away from those that just want to discuss/debate the latest ep.

What about consideration to the fans for whom the show still entertains?

And the "crab-like" mention was NOT a name call just a descriptive term. :lol:

Back to the topic of ratings.

Alias even in it's heyday (S1/S2) has always averaged ratings in the mid 5's to low 6's, with 8-10 million viewers a week. So far it's still in that category despite the fact that it no longer has the LOST lead-in and it's going up against Survivor, which is a top 5-10 show nationally.

Even if this is the last season, we're still going to get the full 22 eps, so we can either support it if we like it, or just change the channel.

Back