Season 5 Ratings

I don't understand why people aren't watching the show and making comments about how they can find something better to do than watch Alias and that the show just isn't good anymore, and how they're not missing much....

...and then when someone else says that they're bitter and unrespecting of the show, they get all defensive about it. I'm not calling you any names! If you don't wanna watch Alias anymore, I don't mind! :smiley: Believe me, Jamison, you're one of the BETTER people that have left the show. I know MANY others, which is fine, that left in such a.......well, it wasn't fun. It's the kind of people who show up in EVERY thread to talk about how much the show sucks and how this show is s**t now. It's those kinda people who you wanna drop kick :laughbounce: This is an ALIAS forum. It's a little silly to come here every second of your life to just bash the show when there are millions who still enjoy it and are frustrated by so much negative feedback.

Of course, everyone has their own opinion. I'm not accusing anyone.

this is how a discussion should be ... civilized ... ;)

Alias ratings have never been huge, we know that ... but we knew from the moment ABC decided to move Alias to Thursday nights, that Alias would be competing against a monster which is Survivor ... Alias has kept its minimal viewers ... 8 million viewers ... which for ABC is pretty good ...

and after 2 episodes, I am saying that this show would rock your world if you let it ... the new characters are suppose to be introduced ... would you want to see the same bad guys over and over again? and its a CIA spy show ... so there are a lot of agents out there ... and these need to be introduced too ...

and as for the fans? well, some have just bluntly stated that they are not watching because MV name is not in the credit in the opening sequence ...

we all know why season 3 sucked ... Lena Olin was not available so her storyline had to be re-written, then Melissa George's character had to turn out evil so the fans could be happy ... and then season 4 ... the fans hated the stand-alones episodes ... but they kept watching every season, every episode ... now the fans just want to give up because MV is dead ... well, I guess Alias will suffer and that would be the end of it ... thanks to the fans ...

this is how a discussion should be ... civilized ... ;)

Alias ratings have never been huge, we know that ... but we knew from the moment ABC decided to move Alias to Thursday nights, that Alias would be competing against a monster which is Survivor ... Alias has kept its minimal viewers ... 8 million viewers ... which for ABC is pretty good ...

and after 2 episodes, I am saying that this show would rock your world if you let it ... the new characters are suppose to be introduced ... would you want to see the same bad guys over and over again? and its a CIA spy show ... so there are a lot of agents out there ... and these need to be introduced too ...

and as for the fans? well, some have just bluntly stated that they are not watching because MV name is not in the credit in the opening sequence ...

we all know why season 3 sucked ... Lena Olin was not available so her storyline had to be re-written, then Melissa George's character had to turn out evil so the fans could be happy ... and then season 4 ... the fans hated the stand-alones episodes ... but they kept watching every season, every episode ... now the fans just want to give up because MV is dead ... well, I guess Alias will suffer and that would be the end of it ... thanks to the fans ...

;)

And AMEN to the last line. Alias fans are BRUTAL. God are they hard to please! LOL

I guess yes, we are hard to please, because we are fans too ... and I know how the other fans feel about certain characters ... but if these fans dont give these new characters to develop we will never know what they are able to do ... ;)

Ofcourse MV was a great part of the show, but his death has contributed a great deal in bringing a different Sydney Bristow ... drama was needed in the show and we got it ... now lets just sit and enjoy the show ... :tvhorror:

Ofcourse MV was a great part of the show, but his death has contributed a great deal in bringing a different Sydney Bristow ... drama was needed in the show and we got it ... now lets just sit and enjoy the show ... :tvhorror:

Couldn't agree more.

I think this season is gonna be great (y)

I'm glad that the ratings are still relatively stable, especially after Vaughn's death. Vaughn's death really pissed me off and made me sob and what not, but I'm not just going to stop watching Alias because of it. I was a huge Lauren fan and I didn't stop watching it after that. I was (well am) a huge Boone fan (Lost) and I didn't stop watching it after that. I still believe Alias is a good show and it isn't going down the tube like some people say it is. I just think that some Alias fans had too high of expectations, but I won't say anymore otherwise I might get into name-calling.

Please discuss the show and leave what other fans who aren't you happen to think out of things. Commenting/pointedly jibing at other fans just because you disgree could be construed as personal attacks.

well, I'm glad it did pretty well. My question is, what is on NBC at 8? Because honestly, I hate NBC. I dislike all their shows except Las Vegas, so I have no idea what they actually have on

I'm so pleased to see the huge amounts of loyalty here...(sarcasm at its finest). C'mon people this is "Alias" nothing is ever ever ever as it seems!!!! I personally feel that Vaughn is not dead. But fine...see if I care, go ahead and watch the rest of the felgercarb that's on @8 on Thursdays...go watch Joey...Survivor....or Smallville...cause those are such AWESOME shows YEAH! (again...sarcasm continues).

I've been watching Alias since day one, and its not JUST becuase of freakin' Vaughn. Yes, the show is missing something since Vaughn's departure, but you know what it's been missing something since Season 3 and yet its still managed to be still a good program. Like I said I don't watch "Alias" because of Vaughn...I watch it because of Jennifer Garner, Victor Garber, Carl Lumbly, Kevin Wiesman, Ron Rifkin, not to mention the three new intreguing characters...AND some past favs of mine Will, Francie, Sark, Nadia, Wiess, Irina...

Alias is a fantastic ensamble cast with or with out Vaughn. A talented and fantastic cast. Don't punish the show just becuase Michael Vartan made a choice to move on and leave the show. I have faith that even with out him its still going to deliver the same ass kicking awesome-ness that we would expect from "Alias" nothing more...nothing less...

As for the ratings I honestly believe they are fine compared to the competition in total viewers and in the 18-49 demos it has...so you know what...don't watch Alias any more...I don't care...I've been here since day one and I plan on being here till the very bitter sweet end!

Alias is a fantastic ensamble cast with or with out Vaughn. A talented and fantastic cast. Don't punish the show just becuase Michael Vartan made a choice to move on and leave the show. I have faith that even with out him its still going to deliver the same ass kicking awesome-ness that we would expect from "Alias" nothing more...nothing less...

And you know this how?

Don't punish the show just becuase Michael Vartan made a choice to move on and leave the show

How do you know MV made the choice to move on/leave the show? I'm not trying to start an argument but we've also heard that it was the decision of the TPTB to write MV off the show. The real story is not really known.

Personally I feel that the weekly episode ratings discussion is a perfect place for those who have chosen not to watch because of the direction the show is headed in to express opinions. I'm quite sorry if others don't like it, but we all have a right to our feelings. Clearly people who have so much invested in the show that they would choose not to watch on the principle of the situation have a right to expess their opinion.

And you know this how?

How do you know MV made the choice to move on/leave the show? I'm not trying to start an argument but we've also heard that it was the decision of the TPTB to write MV off the show. The real story is not really known.

When all of the rumors at the begining of the summer started saying that "someone will be leaving the show at the begining of the season and they will be leaving by his/her own free will they are not being let go". PLUS its practically common sence, if I were the EP's of Alias...I would not by any means let Michael Vartan go, I'd keep him around as long as the actor wanted to. That's just what I had heard from multipul places back in like June/July.

Dude. I just said to QUIT IT with fan judging. Seriously, Seanman2326, I'm RIGHT ABOVE YOU.

Also, gossip is not allowed on AA. And that includes Why MV Left speculation. Which again, you should all know by now.

C'mon, folks.

Back