Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Re-logging in

Discussion in 'Help Center' started by mdw, Dec 16, 2002.

1. mdw

mdw Rocket Ranger

Why do I have to keep logging in as I move throught the site? Everytime I try to do a post it asks me to, and as I move from page to page it does sometimes as well. Once I had to log in 7 times in a row before I could do a post. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Codename

Codename Rocket Ranger

hmmm well that isn't happening to me..

3. Jonathan

Jonathan The Architect

Make sure that you have temporary cookies enabled.
    Otherwise, I am not sure. I'll check in to it.

4. mdw

mdw Rocket Ranger

I have it set to accept all cookies...the only other options I have are to only accept cookies sent back to the source or to accept none...I had to log in 3 times just to access the site today...any help would be great!!

5. Tommy

Tommy Seeing A Ghost

...this seems to only be happening to you. It could be a problem similar the the one I'm having/had.

It would do the same to me at my school computer. It either HAS to be a problem with cookies, or are you using the same internet connection as you first registered as?

6. mdw

mdw Rocket Ranger

Yes I'm using the same internet connection...it's done it all along...takes forever to add a post this way

7. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

I doubt it, but this could be the problem.

Sorry for the troubles :(

8. mdw

mdw Rocket Ranger

I did change it back to only accepting cookies sent back to the server, but it didn't make a difference. I don't know anything about this stuff, but the only other things I thought of was that when I move to a new page it often opens a new window, and I don't remember if I was asked for my browser version when I registered. If I was, I would have guessed cause I didn't know till today. Don't know if either of those makes a difference. Off topic, I like the changes made today. Thanks.

9. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

This happened to me when I was visting AllAlias.com from the New Library Alexandria in Alexandria, Egypt. It's the computers, so sadly I don't think we can help you more :(