Season 5 React: All the Time In The World

How would you rate "All the Time In the World"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
What is WRONG with everyone!

JACK DYING WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO NOT NECESSARY!

First of all, in the time that it took Sydney to get from MONGOLIA to HONG KONG is AT LEAST a half hour, which was the expected time to get a med-evac to Jack.

SECOND, WHY WOULD JACK GO DOWN THERE? How would he know that Sloane was ALIVE? There's no WAY!

And Irina being evil went against everything in Season Two and Four where she was about herself, yes, but her love for Sydney was "not a contrivance."

They killed BOTH of her parents, Tom, Sloane is trapped alone. Nadia and Renee are dead.

Seriously, it was DEPRESSING, not happy. Yes, yay for Syd and Vaughn that they are happy, but I want Jack back NOW.

On my way home from work, I stopped at the store and I bought some coffee ice-cream. This is the "snack" I had while watching the last episode of ALIAS. :smiley:

This finale was not entertaining or satisfying to watch. It is horrendous that I counted down the minutes till this finale ended. But, I will still miss the show.

Sloane... *sings*
he had it comin'. He had it comin'
he only had himself to blame
if you'd a been there,
if you'd a seen it,
i bet ya you would have done the same

This finale was not entertaining or satisfying to watch. It is horrendous that I counted down the minutes till this finale ended. But, I will still miss the show.

I feel SO SAD when I read comments like this, meaning I feel sad for the Alias fan who didn't appreciate the series finale or get anything from it.
Alias is over, I doubt there will ever be a spin-off, the show was too good to be tainted with now that it's done...meaning, if you didn't like the finale (god knows how you couldn't???), then there is no way to rectify your feelings. You don't really have proper closure with this show. I feel sad for you.
I couldn't have been MORE IMPRESSED with this episode. It was shocking (I don't know why I didn't see Irina behind it all?), it was hilarious (any time Marshall speaks and any banter between Vaughn and Sark), it was painfully sad (Jack actually dying) ---- all in all -- it was PHENOMENAL. It definitely went out with a bang and did the history of the show justice by coming full circle....showing the end game with Sloane and Rambaldi, having Isabelle do the structure thing at the end, only to then knock it down...brilliant. I think
J. J. Abrams is an absolute mastermind, one of the best storytellers in tv history. Seriously, this finale makes up for the felgercarb that was season 4. I read that there is going to be an Alias box set, coming out around Christmas, with all five seasons and lots of bonus stuff. Even though I own everything you can, Alias related...I'm doetally going to buy it!
Seriously, this episode, this 2 hour ending -- this series finale was all I could have hoped for. I have salt-stained cheeks and am a little depressed, thinking about never seeing a new episode of Alias ever again, but am so satisfied that my favourite tv show had an incredible send-off.
I'll especially miss seeing J. Garn kick ass as Syd.

Great episode! I am so glad that they didnt kill off Sark! That was great when they showed the picture of him- i was laughung and crying at the same time-the only thing i was confused about was when irina said that rambaldi was alive-i loved the way that jack took sloane down! i knew it was going to be him that ended sloane for good! it was good to see carrie and sad to see tom go-i knew he was never bad-well im gonna miss alias-best show ever-thanks for the great 5 years! (y) :D

So I watched the episode, I saw what happened, and I am still in shock . . . or is it denial . . . I dunno! But I'm not in the right frame of mind to make any kind of comment on what happened, so I'll hafta watch it again later and comment then.

Seriously, this finale makes up for the felgercarb that was season 4.
felgercarb? Come on, season 4 wasn't the greatest ever but certainly was not felgercarb! Nothing Alias ever has been or ever will be felgercarb!!!

I didn't feel the finale was that great. maybe i expected too much. i'll have to rewatch it later. i'm still clueless about the whole rambaldi thing. they didn't really discuss how rambaldi ties into the storyline of the series.

we didn't even get to see weiss.

I voted "bad" because you did not have one that said THIS SUCKED! I did not find this satisfying in any way.

Thank you! i m glad someone else feels the way i do.

This episode totally ruined the ending of Alias for me. I am so pissed, because as someone mentioned before, i will never have closure. the way they ended it was terrible and just the worst way possible. i cried because of how terrible it was and how much it upset me that they ended it like that.

I dont think i liked hardly a single part of the episode. First of all they made Irina evil. i dont care what some people say about it being her true nature all along. Making her evil goes against everything she has done for the last three years. She helped Sydney and Jack save the world last season, and showed that she still loved Jack, which up until the final i truelly believed. And her trying to kill Sydney was so out of character. No matter what has happened, she has always tried to save Sydney (she helped Jack look for her for the 2 years she was missing, she yelled her name when the building was going to expolde in that one episode,she stayed to help her deliver her baby, and so many others). Plus she didnt mention a thing about Nadia and she was working with Sloane even after he killed their daughter. i feel like the writers didnt give her character any justice. She was only in the episode for 20 min. in which they sloppily showed how evil she was and had her die. Come on, she is one of the most popular characters on the show and you cant even give her a proper send off. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sooooooooo PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next, they wasted so much time on stupid felgercarb that didnt even matter. I do not feel like they answered the big questions they promised to. The flashbacks of Sydney getting asked to join SD6 had no relevence. And the time wasted on Tom was just ridiculous. there was no big twist that i had been waiting for. They didnt discuss Nadia being Jack's which i hoped they would. Tom's wife didnt turn out to be anybody, and they had hard ass Peyton wuss out because of a snake. i was hoping they would make her somehow fit into the story as well, maybe be related to Sydney or something. All in all it was the worst finale i have ever witnessed, and i am personally crushed.

It is so sad that something I waited for for so long was ripped from me. (a good ending i mean). Alias has been such a great part of my life for five years and they killed the ending for me. I just wish I could go back and pretend like the last episode never happened. There was so much potential in the ending of this amazing show, and they ruined it.

I will definatly rant more later when i have calmed down.

So I watched the episode, I saw what happened, and I am still in shock . . . or is it denial . . . I dunno! But I'm not in the right frame of mind to make any kind of comment on what happened, so I'll hafta watch it again later and comment then.
felgercarb? Come on, season 4 wasn't the greatest ever but certainly was not felgercarb! Nothing Alias ever has been or ever will be felgercarb!!!

I call a mere FOUR good episodes out of TWENTY-TWO definitely felgercarb.
Episodes 401-402 (which aired as one season premiere) -- SUCH action and we waited forever for it.
Episode 405 -- Liberty Village, getting to see Syd and Vaughn all vulnerable together.
Episode 406 -- Syd go crazy and call Vaughn out on his betrayal with Lauren.
Episode 422 -- Good finale, with "my name isn't michael vaughn" and that infamous car crash.

THAT'S IT! I thought Nadia was a pointless character...Syd and Vaughn, who I longed to get together became so boring throughout this season....and actually going back to work for Sloane?? come on...how could everyone forgive so easily.

I love ALIAS as much, if not more than friends on this board....ownign everything i can, watching episodes over and ov er again...jsut really aprpecaiting the phenomenal writing and storylines i got to be exposed to over the past five years....but seriously, season 4 was felgercarb. I've spoken to so many "old" Alias fans who LOVED the show...and stated that they stopped watching in season 4 because it wasn't good. I couldn't agree more. I kept watching out of dedication...hoping it would pick up. THANK GOD for season five.
No point in dwelling now...since it's all over. This finale was truly great and I'm really gonna miss the show.

i'm not satisfied with the finale. it doesnt make sense to me. that red ball in the tomb gave sloane eternal life. but isn't that the same type of ball that made vaughn have a virus (season 1) and people turn into zombies (season 4)? why all of a sudden it creates eternal life?!

OK so more of why I think this was the worst episode ever.

They didnt really explain how Rambaldi was connected in all this. I mean they spend so much time throughout the whole series on the guy and have so much revolve around him, and they dont really explain it in the end. When Irina says he is alive, did she mean Sloane? Which is another thing............they just have him come back to life, i get because of the juice and everyting but come on. I mean the least they could have done was spend some more time explaining it. i feel like they wasted the first hour and a half on stupid things and tried to jam everything into the last half hour, and everything was rushed. They didnt give enough time to Syd and Irina. Their relationship was a big part of the show, and they didnt even really focus on it. And no one even mentioned Nadia, not irina or anything. And Jack dying was totally pointless. He should never have went back in there.

The only parts i even remotely enjoyed were Sark (because i love him), Marshall not giving in to Sloane and his wife helping APO, and that Syd and Vaughn were happy in the end.

It will take me a long time to get over the heartache i feel from this show ending and the terrible way they ended it.

:cuss: :madfire: :angry: :angry: :angry: :cry:

:blush: Personally...I loved the finale! :woot:
I thought it was great ending to a wonderful 5 years. I mean I'm still really mad that Alias is over but I thought it was a great way to go out. Even though Jack died, I love how in the end it was all just to screw Sloane one final time. Rambaldi totally bit Sloane in the ass becuase now he gets to be down there forever!! :lol:
The last scene was seriously the best thing!! :love: :cloud9: I love how they're one little family! and baby jack! OMV! He's the cutest little thing ever! Ok enough rambling you get my point...hopefully :D

I gave it a 5 - definitely one of the best Alias episodes ever!

To start, it was too bad about Jack :jack1: :cry: - but at least I got the satisfaction of seeing that he made sure Sloane would never be a threat again by giving him his final comeuppance (sacrificing himself to protect Sydney by blowing himself up and sealing the now-immortal Sloane inside that chamber for eternity).

As for Irina - it was too bad she chose to follow the path she went down, and by choosing Rambaldi over Sydney (as Sloane did to Nadia), she paid for it in the end (which sucked because Irina was a very interesting and intriguing character).

But in the end, Sydney accomplished what she needed to - she and the rest of APO saved the world by preventing the Rambaldi endgame from being executed, and that's what matters.

And in the end, Syd will now get to enjoy semi-retirement from the espionage game with Vaughn and her family - she's earned it. :syd4:

But even though Alias is now in the TV history books, we still will have all the memories, plus all the show-related merchandise - especially the DVDs (including the fifth season, once it comes out - which I imagine will have bonus features that'll make the season, and the whole series, memorable). ^_^

So here's to five great seasons of Alias - long may they reign. :syd1: :jack1: :vaughn1: :cheers:

I'm in shock!!!!

I loved/ haded the ep

there were a lot of great scenes like when marshall telling off slone, last syd and jack scene, and the syd and vaughn hug scene and the end( which even that could have been better)

there are some many things that upset me such as pointless scenes, irina/jack dead, the whole rambaldi story line and what it had to do with syd , weiss not being in the ep, and francie couldhave had a better flash back scene. I keep on thinking other ways things have could have been done. I would def. keep what happend to slone the same even though I have never really liked the rambaldi storyline.

over all I like the ep and the only thing that I relaly wanted was syd and vaughn to end up together and be happy . I still think phase one is and will always be the best alias ep ever!

WHY WOULD JACK GO DOWN THERE? How would he know that Sloane was ALIVE? There's no WAY!
I think that Jack needed to satisfy that curiosity from a billion years of working with Sloane for the Rambaldi shite. Wouldn't you want to know if it was real? If it could actually happen? I found that it was necessary for Jack to die at the end of the series, and I have always found that. No matter how much I love Jack, I thought it was needed. And it was a noble death, a sacrifice.

As for Sark being alive. *sigh* I love him. He will be around until the end of the world. He's like a frickin' cockroach.

Now, the ending... I found that it was pretty open for more stories, which is good, because I've heard talk of a spin-off... or two.

Wow is all I can say...those were definitely the most intense two hours of Alias! I haven't been around the boards for awhile...mainly after they "killed" Vaughn, I lost a good portion of interest in the show, but when the hiatus was over, I watched all the eps and this was the Alias I remembered. I gasped and called out in shock so many times, becuase it suddenly hit me that ANYTHING could happend...this was the end...people were going to die. I definitely liked the episode, but like a lot of other people...there were some things that just didn't get closure or I still misunderstood.

Jack going in to the cave was insane...I was crying like crazy, but still so proud of what he was doing.

Irina's dying seemed fast and almost like she hadn't really appeared. But I almost agreed with her death...she chose Rambaldi over everything else, including Sydney.

The final S/V scene was nice, but I still felt like there was some closure missing. Here I was bawling from Jack and Irina dieing and suddenly I'm tyring to feel thrilled about the two being together. I loved it of course, but I guess I just wished there was more.

And the one thing I'm still trying to figure out...and I'm not sure if they explained it had to do with Vaughn, his dad, and Prophet 5.
What did happen to William Vaughn? Did Irina kill him or what?
And Vaughn....when he said his speech at the end of Season 4, why did he say it was no mistake Sydney walked into his office? I'm still confused exactly what he was doing!

If anyone knows...please help me out!

i gave it a '3' which might have been a little harsh
honestly, i was disapointed...
i mean, there wasn't anything wrong with it, at least not majorly, but i was just expecting alot more - it didn't "WOW" me
plus i'm really sad that jack died AND irina was like psycho evil B**** mommy and she died...
the end was sweet but... i dunno, i just wanted more

Back