Season 5 React: All the Time In The World

How would you rate "All the Time In the World"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Hey guys.

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's comments and critiques of the finale of Alias. I come into the reaction threads a lot but have never but rarely put in my own opinion. I figure since it's the last episode it's better late than never.

First off I'd like to say that I can understand why people may feel cheated or upset about the finale. There are some things that could have ended differently and perhaps better but we'll never know. I don't really feel that it's worth thinking about because the show is over and it was one hell of a ride.

I loved Alias since the beginning until the very end, from the very highs to the very lows. I never gave up because I knew that even at the worst points of the seasons it was better than a lot of shows and hey, it was my show.

I think in order to have the ideal finale there would have to have been more episodes than there was to explain everything. I think the writers did a fantastic job with what they had. I wish they could have gone back and answered every single question that could ever be asked but it wasn't realistic. Every loose end they could find was tied, I think.

Rambaldi's endgame, immortality? I guess that makes sense in the end. I'm sure when you go back and rewatch old dvds (which I know I'll be doing more often than not) it might not fight in which is frustrating but in the end, I loved it. The ultimate power and domination would come from immortality, you could rule forever and have complete control. I love Sloane, I think he was done justice and acted perfectly in the finale.

I loved the flashbacks, although some were a little ill placed. I thought it was very interesting and I wish they had of done some of these in other episodes.

The deaths in the finale were no surprise to me. I didn't read anything it just seemed natural. I thought Irina would die as well as Sloane because without their deaths the show couldn't have ended on such a positive note. Sydney would never have rested well while Sloane and Irina were out there. I believe that Irina has always been evil, I didn't think she was going to turn out to be good in the end. I don't think it was out of place for her to die. I thought it was interesting after all this time we finally knew for sure.

Jack's death was so true to the show, he sacrificed himself and Alias certainly deals with sacrifice.

The acting in this show never ceased to amaze me. I thought the finale was no exception. I was reminded at every turn why I watched the show.

I thought the ending of this incredible show did it justice.

I loved this show. It gave me countless hours of entertainment over the past five years and for that I am extremely thankful. I completely lost it at the end.

And thanks to everyone here at the boards for the fun. It's been a blast.

Erica

The episode was good, but not great. The finale was already going to be depressing because it was the end, but they really put it over the top with all the deaths. I was so hoping spydaddy would make it out alive. I was all crying when he was telling sydney that she had always been a difficult girl. But I really thought he would live.

And then why did he go back in that tomb????? Okay, him making Sloane suffering was heroic....but what about all the fans that deserved a happy ending????? I mean Jack and Sydney's relationship was what made Alias the show it was.

However, besides the Jack mess, the episode was pretty good. I'm partially satisfied. And I will still buy the DVD set. I just hope they have lots of extras.

It just hit me that this is the last time I'll discuss and episode of Alias....here comes the tears again. I cried, no I sobbed, for fifteen minutes after the thing went off. With Jack dieing and it being over, well I'm trying to deny the depression that seems to be hanging over me.

Amber

I am going to miss ALIAS so much! :(

I liked how Tom got all of the cold-climate assignments because he was always late to briefing!

It was nice to see Marshall stand up to Sloane.

Rachel's underwire trick was classic.

When I first saw wounded Jack back in the cavern, I thought he was a ghost like Nadia. I am still in denial about Spy Daddy's death. How could he not have been wearing a bulletproof vest?! I thought VG and JG were incredible in their "good-bye" scene. It was so sad. It was also very fitting for VG to "beat" Sloane in the end. I only wish that when Nadia left, she had said, "I'm leaving you to be with my real father."

It was disappointing that Irina was so evil. I guess she only helped them defeat her sister because Irina wanted to be the one to have all of the power instead of her sister.

Sark is such a wimp! I loved seeing him though.

The ending was sweet. I guess Spy Family 2 is intact and Baby Jack was cute. Hopefully, Sydney and Vaughn live happily ever after...

omg, i know i'm pathetic, but i seriously cried last night. when jack got shot, my friend and i were almost bawling. i'm glad jack came out on top though. serves sloane right. i'm glad syd and vaughn finally got to mostly 'retire.' it is more than a little scary though that isabelle can put that puzzle together... little jack was adorable though. sark's quote was priceless! "if rambaldi could predict the future, he could have at least told me not to wear $500 shoes!" hilarious!!!! anyway, i'm done rambling.. its been a good run.
Aliaschick347
ps-tom's death was so sad! i've got to admit, i wasn't a huge fan of his character, but the way he went out, telling rachel he loved her...i cried.
(i know i'm a basket case, you needn't remind me!)

Thank you! i m glad someone else feels the way i do.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I don't usually post, I just like to read everyone else's comments, but I have to vent somewhere!! This totally ruined the ending of Alias for me too. I could have written a better ending myself!! It seems totally obvious, at least to me, there was too much story left to tell and not enough time to tell it in, they tried to fit too much into less episodes. A full 22 episodes were needed, in my opinion.

Anyway, the problems were as follows: To begin with, Tom--his wife turned out to be no one we knew and he was really good (yeah!) to then sacrifice himself?? I think the writers had intended to go further with his storyline, I don't think they knew all along that ALIAS was only going to be five seasons- and then they ran out of time???

Next, No Weiss--not even when his girlfriend (Nadia) awoke from a coma and then her evil father kills her or when his best friend turns up alive (Vaughn) not even a message from him!!!

I LOVE Vaugh and Syd and all, but Jack has always been my favorite character and to have him die---completely unnecessary. I initially thought he would live and would see Sydney at the end. To make Irina totally evil ---- is this what TRUTH TAKES TIME to reveal?? I ALWAYS thought she would turn out to be a triple agent and end up that she was good in the end. I always believe she loved Sydney and Jack and this ending takes all of that away---Why did she help save the world in Season 4 and was always trying to save Sydney and the chemistry between her and Jack (Smokin!) All gone!! And what about Jack being Nadia's father-- never mentioned again. Another point in my theory the writers intended to go somewhere with that and not enough time. I thought in the end Jack or Sydney would ask Sloane how he could kill his own daughter and he would smile vindictively and say, "I didn't, I killed Jack's daughter", revealing he knew Nadia was Jack's daughter all along. Jack would have then killed Sloane and Irina would have been revealed to have been good--that a high ranking official had been the head of Prophet 5--such as Kendall-- and she had been almost 30 years deep undercover trying to bring him down and that she never really killed William Vaugh--who had been in hiding all these years also. Renee would be revealed to be Vaughn's sister--which I thought would happen too. I also thought Peyton would end up being one of Irina's sister's daughter--Sydney's cousin and the baby Irina was holding in the photo taken years ago, that wasn't Syd or Nadia. I even toyed with the idea that if Tom were bad, he was Irina's son or nephew --that would have been something!! Not enough time for proper endings.

I did love the whole Marshall and Carrie thing, nice to see her again. Also, What about when Irina said Rambaldi was alive and then it flashed to Sloane rising from the dead and I thought it meant Sloane WAS Rambaldi, but apparently only gained eternal life from Rambaldi juice!! Okay, was the ancient old man in the prison really Rambaldi, still alive waiting for the Chosen one?? Again, no real answers. Remember in, I think Season 1, when Sydney retrieved Rambaldi's clock from the old man and he made a comment about having talked to Rambaldi, as if he were 500 years old??? I HATED Jack dying, Irina dying and being evil all along, Tom dying and no real answers to so many questions. I did Love that Syd and Vaugh got their home on an island with just their family, they both had wedding bands on so they had apparently gotten married (finally) and baby Jack was adorable. I knew Isabelle was going to build the statue when it showed a box on the bed and then she knocked it down---it was a nice ending there--it just could have been MUCH BETTER as a whole.

Sorry I have rambled on, but I do feel better for getting all of that out. My husband usually works evenings and I had him take off work to keep the kids downstairs so I could watch ALIAS uninterrupted, so I am a huge fan, but I do feel Cheated with the end....

Well--I haven't seen the whole episode yet---I was flying back from a funeral and I DVR'ed it. We got in the door at 10 to 11 and I had to turn it on--I saw Jack die which was a total bummer but I think he figured that the only way to make sure Sloane paid was to do it himself. The end with the Vaughn ffamily and baby Jack was priceless--the ending I personally have been hoping for ever since Sydney woke up in Hong Kong and Vaughn said he was married. Thanks ALias for all the twists and turns. I will bawl over the whole episode later.

Well, I really put on the water works with the scene between Sydney and Jack. (They are such wonderful actors!) I thought it was so sad and depressing that Sydney lost both of her parents, not matter how evil Irina was...she was still her mother. I wanna know why Weiss was never in it, I mean maybe he didn't serve a huge purpose, but I considered him a part of the show and he should've been there.

I think Jack sarcificing himself to make sure Sloane paid for his crimes and never harmed Sydney again was great. It was one of the better moments on the show where Jack out smarted Sloane. And to be immortal and trapped alone is a fate worse than death as far as I am concerned. So I happy to say that Sloane got what he deserved.

I liked the flashabacks, although, I think we all already knew what happened before Sydney joined SD-6, it was still good to see that.

Sark was wonderful. He was the typical bad boy, but not a evil as Irina...it seemed he actually cared somewhat. And when Vaughn shot him 'You shot me!'. Ah! That was soooo funny. :P

Irina was such a bitch, but I knew she was behind it. I've known that since the start of the season, I was just hoping they wouldn't do that. And Sydney was going to save her or something? How come Syd can make up her mind? Either kill your mother, or don't.

Rabamldi's endgame being immortality I thought was lame. They could've come with something a little better...what? I'm not entirely sure right now, but still. When Sloane was shot, I'd knew he come back...at one point I think I actually thought he WAS Rabamldi. That would've been cool to see and know.

I love that Marshall got some balls and stood up to Sloane like that. He was a real father.

And I thought the ending was a little corny, having Isabelle do that puzzle that Sydney could do at her age. It suggested a possiblity of a spin-off, but I don't see that happening.

I think it was pretty good....it wasn't great like I was hoping, but it did keep me interested to see more and watch it to the end. I was gettin' so sick of the commericals. :angry:

Overall, I'd rate it and 8.9 out of 10

Jen and Vic were WONDERFUL in the this episode. Superb acting! They were the ones that made the episode as good as it got :D

I don't really know if i liked it or not :P

I didn't like that Jack died, the scene with him and Sydney was great but why did he have to go back in that cave? couldn't he just bomb it!

And after all this with Irina from season 2 too season 5 this was her endgame?!

And not a single J/I scene.. they could at least give us a flashback scene with Jack and Irina...

I'm just happy they gave it closure, not a crazy insane cliffhanger that would never be answered.

Jack- went out with a bang in the best possible way
Sloane- Got what he deserved
Sark- The Human Cockroach, Best Evil Guy ever!
Irina- I thought she was always evil.

But of course in the Process, they had to kill just about everyone ><.
Irina, Jack, Nadia, Tom, Anna, Renee.

Personally, if there was a spin off, I'd love to see it with Rachel Gibson. Now that Syd is married, she's the hottest chick^^.

I'll admit that last night I was pretty upset by the finale but after taking some time to reflect on it, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was last night.

Some thoughts on the two main things people are complaining about...

As far as Jack goes, I know a lot of people are wondering why he'd go into the tomb. I think its pretty safe to say this was the case: He went in there with the explosives to blow the place up. Sydney and Vaughn left in such a rush and the tomb was exposed and anyone could get in there. SpyDaddy ALWAYS thinks ahead and make sure to clean up his messes. It would explain his going in there with the explosives. He just so happened to find Arvin alive. I do believe his death was saddening and was an injustice to his relationship with Sydney - the relationship the show spent the first 3 seasons building to what it was in the end of season 4 and all of season 5. But, if you look at it from a less happy ending point of view, it makes sense. Everything Jack has done he's done to protect Sydney. He was in no condition to rig those explosives and go running off. And as we all know, Jack likes to do things himself because he knows he'll do it right. Him making sure Sloane was punished and that he'd never bother Sydney again, even if at the cost of his own life, was true to his character. Sure it was sad he died, but it makes complete sense from the writers' and characters' points of view.

In regards to Irina, come on, we all knew she was bad. I have no doubt that she did love Sydney and no one should doubt that. But I think when faced with finally reaching the price of all time, she chose it instead of Sydney. She did say to Sydney that she must believe that she loves her but that no one will stand in her way of achieving her "destiny." Same with Sloane, he loved Nadia but he chose what he believed to be his fate. Both Irina and Sloane thought they were chosen for some great task. They thought there were great powers controlling them and they believed they were controlled by fate...Not free will. This is what the had to do in their minds. In my mind, Irina loved her daughter and at times chose her over her obsession but the promise of greatness, the end of a 30-year search, was just too much for her to turn away from. Also, I think it might have been Irina's hope that Sydney would join her in her quest, just as Sloane hoped. And she wasn't "working" with Sloane, it was quite obvious she was pretending so she could take the glory from Sloane and then off him. That's how Irina works. People are bringing up the issue of her working with Jack to try to locate Sydney, well of course she's going to try to locate Sydney. Sydney was the "chosen one" and without her presence, the endgame could not have been realized. So while Irina was being all 'loving mother' she also needed Sydney for her own purposes.

Of course Sydney won't kill her own mother. We've seen nothing but compassion from her over the years. Sydney is good and believes in the good in people. She has always hoped with every ounce of her being that somewhere in her mother there lies some good. Sydney, in spite of everything evil she saw in the world, always believed that out there somewhere out there, there was GOOD.

I can only hope that there are a lot of extras, extras that will make things a bit clearer. I really HATE ABC for cancelling this so late and for cutting the episodes short by 5 or 6. So much more could have been worked out in 2 more episodes, like Vaughn's revelation about Sydney not coming to him by mistake and other Prophet 5 related things.

I am so sad to see Alias go. So incredibly sad. I feel like I've lost a loved one. When they flashed the thank you at the end, I totally lost it.

The finale was okay but dissapointing. Yet, what did you expect from what you have seen in the last 2-3 seasons. The last two and a half seasons of Alias has been sub-par at best---mainly due to the lack of the humanity feel to the show (killing off of Will and Francie) and the crazy Rambaldi mythology.

POSITIVES:
(+):The flashbacks were great; it just shows how grounded Alias once was--I miss those scenes

(+):The way Sloane ended up---didn't the old guy in the prison say to Syd that the pendant was the life's greatest gift and life's greatest curse

(+): Sydney finally having a mission in Sydney

(+):The closing scene with Isabelle and the puzzle and Syd and Vaughn finally living a normal life

NEGATIVES
(-):They should have played the old intro from season 1-3; the new one is just plain horrible---looks like it was done by amatuers

(-):Death of Jack--couldn't he just had thrown the explosives down there

(-): The whole takedown of the 12 leaders of Prophet 5 was weak, shouldn't they have inspected Peyton's briefcase-----they were all powerful yet not very bright

(-):NO RED WIG!!!! WTF!!! :angry: :angry2:

(-):Really NO ALIASES in the finale. Sure Jack, Dixon...had aliases but where were Syd's mesmorizing aliases!!! :wtf:

(-): What ever happen to Marshall's gadget--we never see him explaining the gadgets in between missions anymore---at least integrate this component of the show back into the final episodes

(-): The flashback scenes should have been also integrated into the 1st hour----that way there could been scenes with young Syd and her mother, Syd with Danny, Will, and Francie and more scenes with Jack.

(-):They should have destroyed Prophet 5 prior to the finale and spent the two hours just on flashbacks and hunting down Sloane

(-): Irina's endgame----what happen to "Truth takes Time." It seem like all along that everything that Irina did was to protect Syd. And why in the F did she reach for the sphere---is she still alive then???

(-): Fight sequence with Irina was okay but not up to the standard of the one with evil Francie or even ones with Anna

(-):The subplot with Tom and Rachel was a complete waste of time :asleep:

(-): Who in the F directed this finale----it was bad enough that JJ couldn't direct it, but they couldn't even have Ken Olin or Jack Bender come back to direct the finale

(-): The whole Rambaldi mystery is still confusing as ever----what was the horizon even for? Wasn't the red ball poisonous? What did the pendant even do? Prophecy? A HORRIBLE conclusion to the whole Rambaldi mystery.

(-):JJ saying that this would be the last of Alias----HE STATES THAT THERE WOULD BE NO MOVIE. A truly dissapointing ending to the Alias series. :( :cuss: :madfire:

This episode totally ruined the ending of Alias for me. I am so pissed, because as someone mentioned before, i will never have closure. the way they ended it was terrible and just the worst way possible. i cried because of how terrible it was and how much it upset me that they ended it like that.

I dont think i liked hardly a single part of the episode. First of all they made Irina evil. i dont care what some people say about it being her true nature all along. Making her evil goes against everything she has done for the last three years. She helped Sydney and Jack save the world last season, and showed that she still loved Jack, which up until the final i truelly believed. And her trying to kill Sydney was so out of character. No matter what has happened, she has always tried to save Sydney (she helped Jack look for her for the 2 years she was missing, she yelled her name when the building was going to expolde in that one episode,she stayed to help her deliver her baby, and so many others). Plus she didnt mention a thing about Nadia and she was working with Sloane even after he killed their daughter. i feel like the writers didnt give her character any justice. She was only in the episode for 20 min. in which they sloppily showed how evil she was and had her die. Come on, she is one of the most popular characters on the show and you cant even give her a proper send off. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sooooooooo PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next, they wasted so much time on stupid felgercarb that didnt even matter. I do not feel like they answered the big questions they promised to. The flashbacks of Sydney getting asked to join SD6 had no relevence. And the time wasted on Tom was just ridiculous. there was no big twist that i had been waiting for. They didnt discuss Nadia being Jack's which i hoped they would. Tom's wife didnt turn out to be anybody, and they had hard ass Peyton wuss out because of a snake. i was hoping they would make her somehow fit into the story as well, maybe be related to Sydney or something. All in all it was the worst finale i have ever witnessed, and i am personally crushed.

It is so sad that something I waited for for so long was ripped from me. (a good ending i mean). Alias has been such a great part of my life for five years and they killed the ending for me. I just wish I could go back and pretend like the last episode never happened. There was so much potential in the ending of this amazing show, and they ruined it.

I will definatly rant more later when i have calmed down.

First of all, Alias has tried to remain true with real life. When in real life is there definite closure. They answered most questions, but kept it open enough in case there was chance for a movie. It was a perfect ending. I'm not sure which episode you watched.

This episode totally ruined the ending of Alias for me. I am so pissed, because as someone mentioned before, i will never have closure. the way they ended it was terrible and just the worst way possible. i cried because of how terrible it was and how much it upset me that they ended it like that.

I dont think i liked hardly a single part of the episode. First of all they made Irina evil. i dont care what some people say about it being her true nature all along. Making her evil goes against everything she has done for the last three years. She helped Sydney and Jack save the world last season, and showed that she still loved Jack, which up until the final i truelly believed. And her trying to kill Sydney was so out of character. No matter what has happened, she has always tried to save Sydney (she helped Jack look for her for the 2 years she was missing, she yelled her name when the building was going to expolde in that one episode,she stayed to help her deliver her baby, and so many others). Plus she didnt mention a thing about Nadia and she was working with Sloane even after he killed their daughter. i feel like the writers didnt give her character any justice. She was only in the episode for 20 min. in which they sloppily showed how evil she was and had her die. Come on, she is one of the most popular characters on the show and you cant even give her a proper send off. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sooooooooo PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next, they wasted so much time on stupid felgercarb that didnt even matter. I do not feel like they answered the big questions they promised to. The flashbacks of Sydney getting asked to join SD6 had no relevence. And the time wasted on Tom was just ridiculous. there was no big twist that i had been waiting for. They didnt discuss Nadia being Jack's which i hoped they would. Tom's wife didnt turn out to be anybody, and they had hard ass Peyton wuss out because of a snake. i was hoping they would make her somehow fit into the story as well, maybe be related to Sydney or something. All in all it was the worst finale i have ever witnessed, and i am personally crushed.

It is so sad that something I waited for for so long was ripped from me. (a good ending i mean). Alias has been such a great part of my life for five years and they killed the ending for me. I just wish I could go back and pretend like the last episode never happened. There was so much potential in the ending of this amazing show, and they ruined it.

I will definatly rant more later when i have calmed down.

First of all, Alias has tried to remain true with real life. When in real life is there definite closure. They answered most questions, but kept it open enough in case there was chance for a movie. It was a perfect ending. I'm not sure which episode you watched.

SECOND, WHY WOULD JACK GO DOWN THERE? How would he know that Sloane was ALIVE? There's no WAY!
i just thought of that this afternoon. how did he know to go down there and blow up the cave and trap sloane?! he didnt know sloane was alive!

On my way home from work, I stopped at the store and I bought some coffee ice-cream. This is the "snack" I had while watching the last episode of ALIAS. :smiley:
aww thats a good idea...i'm gonna eat coffee ice cream for the rest of my life. and when i do, i will think of alias. and i'll probably cry.

Wow... I'm surprised at the amount of disapointed people! I mean of course I'm seriously depressed that the show is over (I totally cried at the end when the "Thanks for five incredable years" thing came up), but I hate seeing people focusing on the negatives. This is the last new episode of Alias that will ever be made... we don't get anymore after this. Knowing this, I personally have been trying to focus on all of the great things about the episode, like the ending with Syd, Vaughn, Isabelle, Jack, and Dixon. (How cute was that? I mean she named her baby boy after her late father :blush: ) That way I'll remember Alias for what it was, an amazing show.

Plus... out of all the good guys who could've died, I think Tom and Jack were the best choices. Tom's loyalities have been questionable this season, with the whole trying to avenging his wife's death during CIA missions and such. In this episode He died saving hundreds of lives... now we really know what an honorable man he is. As much as I love Jack, I like the way the show had him die. He was hit more than once in the chest and had serious trouble breathing...he knew he was going to die and he decided to take Sloane down with him. Now Sloane is stuck in a cave for eternity with only himself to blame. With all the people he's killed and how much hes hurt Syd, Jack, Dixon, and pretty much everyone hes ever come into contact with, this is how it deserved to be.

All in all, I think it was an amazing episode. I really wish the show wasn't over and I'm going to miss it soooo much, but frankly, it could've ended so much worse. ( Think about how horrible it would've been if Syd or her baby had died... I would still be crying! :( ) So think positive thoughts guys!!

NOOOOOOOOOO it can't be the end?!?! someone pinch me please!! I DON't believe itt! cute ending though. i wish jack was there though. awww i actually cried when he died :(
the fight...awesome. sloane dieing and coming back to life and then being stuck there forever...awesome. vaughn saving Syd...awww so cutee<3
seriously though...that was the last episode...wow...

Wow... I'm surprised at the amount of disapointed people! I mean of course I'm seriously depressed that the show is over (I totally cried at the end when the "Thanks for five incredable years" thing came up), but I hate seeing people focusing on the negatives. This is the last new episode of Alias that will ever be made... we don't get anymore after this. Knowing this, I personally have been trying to focus on all of the great things about the episode, like the ending with Syd, Vaughn, Isabelle, Jack, and Dixon. (How cute was that? I mean she named her baby boy after her late father :blush: ) That way I'll remember Alias for what it was, an amazing show.

Plus... out of all the good guys who could've died, I think Tom and Jack were the best choices. Tom's loyalities have been questionable this season, with the whole trying to avenging his wife's death during CIA missions and such. In this episode He died saving hundreds of lives... now we really know what an honorable man he is. As much as I love Jack, I like the way the show had him die. He was hit more than once in the chest and had serious trouble breathing...he knew he was going to die and he decided to take Sloane down with him. Now Sloane is stuck in a cave for eternity with only himself to blame. With all the people he's killed and how much hes hurt Syd, Jack, Dixon, and pretty much everyone hes ever come into contact with, this is how it deserved to be.

All in all, I think it was an amazing episode. I really wish the show wasn't over and I'm going to miss it soooo much, but frankly, it could've ended so much worse. ( Think about how horrible it would've been if Syd or her baby had died... I would still be crying! :( ) So think positive thoughts guys!!

Exactly. It isn't as bad here, but people over at SD-1 are seriously pissed off. What's the point? It was the last episode ever, and even if you didn't like it, boo hoo, its over. The writers can't please everyone, and somewhere along the line, somebody was going to be disappointed, whether it be a Jack fan, Irina fan, etc.

My only real problem was SpyMommy's death. They could have made it better, and I'll admit, she was OOC, but I'm sick of all these "Irina was never evil!" people complaining. Irina is my favourite character, even more so than Sydney, and I was upset at her battle with Sydney (Although I've been dying for years to see those two face off.) However, I never thought Irina was truely good for a second. She'll do whatever it takes to make it out on top, at least, that's how I see her. And I do think she really loved Sydney, which is why she chose death. My theory was that it took Sydney's love, compasion, forgiveness, and purity to reach her, and then, she knew, if she had accepted Sydney's hand, she would just continue to harm Sydney, and she couldn't deal with that, not after how loving and forgiving Sydney had been towards her. So, she gave her final gift to Sydney; a life without Rambaldi, free of worries. I'm sure a lot of people disagree with this, but I'm somewhat in denial, and it makes me feel good, so whatever.

Jack's death wasn't wasted, but it wasn't unneccesary. Think about it; Sloane caused his daughter and him so much pain. Could you really let that bastard walk out of there and ruin the one shot your daughter had at happiness? He insured Sydney's freedom. IMO, he knew that he hadn't been much of a father for Sydney, and truely regretted that. A life without Sloane was the only thing he could give to make up for his mistakes, but I don't think he realized that Sydney had already forgiven him. He went out with a bang, as a hero, and I think it was typically Jack. One of the best deaths on television.

I LOVED the very end. Sydney and Vaughn and Isabelle and Dixon, and little baby Jack. That final scene, when Sydney looks back, then walks into the sunsent with her family. IMO, Sydney realized Sloane was right; she couldn't rescue everyone, and sacrifices would have to be made (and were made,) but in the end, after all of the terror and everything that she's been through, hope still survived, and she could still move on, because of her loved ones. She made so many sacrifices protecting her friends and family, and Jack's death, possibly Irina's death, and everyone else who was effected by Sydney, their sacrifices were their "Thank you for being OUR guardian angel." Sydney finally discovered truth, who she was, and although truely evil things exist in the world, her love and loyalty to her friends and family would always come out on top.

I know; really corny ^^^ but I don't care. I've literally been crying all day, my eyes are puffy, my teachers and friends think I'm crazy, but I'm one satisfied fan.

I've already posted my thank you to Alias, but I need to post it again, because I just love this show so much; Thank you, cast and crew, for making the last five years of my life the best ones.

One more thing; LOVED THE MUSIC! The whole final battle music was beautiful, and then Sydney's theme (or Sydney and Vaughn's theme) playing as they walked off into the sunset. It was just how I pictured it, down to the music, and I loved it to no end. It leaves room for possibilities.

I loved the episode, BUT!!!.....

and I'm sure there are others with the same thoughts...
TOO MANY OLD QUESTIONS UNANSWERED...
TOO MANY QUESTIONS NEW...
The episodes should have been written by JJ Abrams and directed by him. I realize ABC cancelled the season early, but HELL couldn't they do a better job? He knew where the story line was going from the beginning at least I hope he did and JJ might have answered some of them.
Oh well, the questions can now be answered by the fan fictioneers, those of us who love to write about ALIAS and their characters.

;)

This is what I think. =]

First of all, I thought the final episode was fantastic. I do admit I cried like a little girl most of the time, but I loved it!

As for the deaths, Irina's death was no suprise. She had to die or else the show could not have ended. Slone got what he deserved, even though it was a little tiny bit sad. I would of rather seen him just die. Jacks death was by far the saddest death on the show. In the beginning of seson 1, Jack came off as kind of mean, and he seemed like he didn't care, or something like that. Though everything he and Sydney have been through, such as the double agent stuff, bringing down SD-6, staying with the CIA, finding Sloane, starting APO, Irina....it just seems like their relationship has grown SO MUCH, and then thrown away. I do understand why Jack did what he did. I thought it was amazing, and very brave. But to see him go was very, very depressing.

Tom's death was sad as well. I think he and Rachel would have been very cute together, but I didn't really like them going back and forth between APO and then Rachel/Tom. I just wanted to know what was going on and how they were going to destroy Sloane. =]

The very ending was great. I knew the moment I saw the box, that little Isabelle (sp?) would put together the blocks. Very nice. I also loved that she named the other baby Jack. It was heart warming I thought.

Alright, well, I've rambled enough. Just thought I should vent. Just reading what other people wrote has made me well up. Alias was by far one of the best shows on T.V. and I know it will be missed by all of it's dearest and truest fans.

:bye: 🇳🇴 :syd1: :cry:

ok so i liked the season finally and i am fed up with all of the people who are soo negative. I know that we have seen some better episodes, but for a series finale of a show that was cut short of episodes to explain things, i think it was good! some of the time was wasted though on tom, i dont like him, but his death made me feel bad for him and rachel. Jack's death was very heroic in my eyes because he did it so sydney wouldn't have to deal with Slone again. it was sad to see Jack go, but i sort of expected him to die.

I know many people are upset about how Irina was bad at the end, but come on, she always was bad even if she didnt always show it. lets see, she has shot, betrayed, kidnapped and flat out said she didnt want to be a mom to Sydney, and that isnt showing that she is good. yes, she helped them all save the world at the end of s4 but she was most likely trying to get rid of her sister so she could have the power (she even said she never liked her). Irina is like Slone, they betray their family (sydney, jack, nadia and emily) for rambaldi, thats all they cared about.

also, I found it interesting how almost everytime there was a depressing scene, the next scene had Sark in it, i just found that funny. I was glad that they didnt kill Sark as well, just because i have grown fonder of him (before i dispised him in earlier seasons). it was quite funny to how materialistic he is (go figure). but one thing me and my friend loved was that "you shot me!" line.

it was nice to see Carrie again, and the flashbacks were good to see (if only the francie one was longer...) and it was cute how Marshell said that he wanted Mitchell to see that his dad is brave.

the ending was cute with Sydney and Vaughn finally on the beach together, except with their family. Seeing Isebelle older was interesting and baby jack is really cute! one thing i found interesting though, was that how Isebelle did the puzzle. does she have a gift like her mom? anyway, seeing that Syd and Vaughn never really "retired" was good and seeing "Uncle Dixon" was nice to see they were all friends. Also i found it funny how Dixon said that Carrie was pregnant again and Syd was like "isnt that her 4(?), i dont see how she does it and their all boys.." i just thought that was cute.

OK, enough of my rambling, i will admit that at the end when they showed "thanks for five great years" i was crying (actually i was tearing up before that) (n) . it finally struck me last night when i was watching it that oh my god, alias is actually over, this is f***ing horrible. and what even made it worse was that on my TIVO, my season pass to Alias needed to be deleted, thats what made me even more sad. Well this summer (and when s5 comes out on DVD) i know me and my friend will be watching every episode from s1 on just so we can still feel like Alias is still on air.

wow this has been a long post, and its sad that it is the last react to an episode post. Oh and whoever reads this whole thing, have fun! teehee.

::Aimee::

Back