Season 5 React: All the Time In The World

How would you rate "All the Time In the World"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
it was nice to see Carrie again, and the flashbacks were good to see (if only the francie one was longer...) and it was cute how Marshell said that he wanted Mitchell to see that his dad is brave.

I agree!! Marshell was amazing, the way he stood up to Sloane. I loved it! The Francie scene was sad/good too. I miss her!
Also, I am glad they didn't kill off Sark. That would have been terrible!

....was there a mention of 47 in the last episode? I don't remember!

Part of me wanted to say 4, but I said 5.

My heart will never heal again. I loved Jack more than any other character in any TV show. More than Sydney. I will always love you... farewell. What an amazing scene. And oh my god. Victor Garber is such a good actor! I cried so hard. Heartbroken. I've been emotionally invested in Jack for the past four years, and that'll never change. Sob.

And of course the baby is named Jack. ;)

wow i cant believe Alias is good and done for. Its gonna take me a while to get used to that idea. it shouldnt be over!!!! It cant be!!!! ahh im sad...syd...vaughn...the wigs...its all gone. :( but i love the way they ended it. especially with sloane...he finally got what he wanted...immortality. and with isabelle they way she built the puzzle but slapped it down. so sad that jack died but he went out with a bang!!!! well so long Sydney...forever will i love you and your butt kicking skills. :redhair:

I'm going to stay fairly positive. I mean why shouldnt I? It was the last episode of Alias. Throw a few praises it's way.

I did give it a 3 though. The whole Rambaldi immortality thing wasn't very surprising to me.

When Sloane died I was jumping off the walls. I do NOT like Sloane and I never did like him. And then when he came back I was like "Should've figured. Damn immortality felgercarb" -_-

I agree with some other people. The last episode did seem a bit rushed. And I dont think Irina was ever just good or evil. She was just the type of person who would do what ever it took to get what she wanted. To come out on top. That lead her to some good choices and bad choices.

I loved the flashbacks. That was my favorite part of the show.

Sark was lovely and hot :woot: like always. Damn he's hot :D

Did anyone else think Vaughn was a little cold to Carrie? I mean she came in, found he was alive, and she tryed to talk to him but he just gave her this mean look. Maybe he just didnt want her talking about it. Eh

But Jack and Irina dying? Come on. They could have spared one of them. I didnt really care about Tom. He never grew on me.

The ending was cute but also a little cliche and corny. Walking off into the sunset??? :P

But I for one loved how Nadia left Sloane at the end. See Sloane. Being a baddie and killing your loved ones won't getcha anywhere

Freakin loved it! Being from Australia, seeing them in Sydney made me sooo happy! Then she was in Sydney, doing what I do... waitressing. AWESOME!

There was no better Alias episode than this finale. Absolutely amazing. Give Victor and Jen Emmy's right now... if they don't win, its complete bollocks.

I loved that when S/V hugged on the rooftop, the score was the same one that was used during their first kiss at SD-6 :love: I looove call backs! There was another one too, when Dixon said "truth be told" which is of course the name of the pilot episode.

And to everyone at abc, touchstone and Bad Robot... YOU'RE WELCOME!

Ok, I've been putting this off, but I think I just have to say it now. How dissapointing. -_- Since I was such a such a huge Alias fan, the ending of the show should be devistating, but honestly from that finale, I could care less. Well, it really wasnt the finale, it was the entire season. Really, I think I ended up liking season 3 better than this one. It just felt crappy to me. Rushed in some parts, like they were trying to just get done. The storylines were bad, or just a repeat of a similar storyline we've allready seen, but crappier. Prophet 5, the 12? Hello Alliance! And really, the writters could have bothered to look at scenes from past episodes. We've allready seen when Sydney first got recruited, and she looked completely different. That was just bad. I'm begining to think the fans know the show better than the writters. The final scene- I dont even know what to say about it. How un-Alias! Not that I wanted a cliffhanger that would have driven us all nuts forever, but that was just waaay to happy. Allright, I think I'm done now. I'm just really sad that I had to see Alias go out like this. -_- And I'm not trying to dis or hurt anyone who liked it, ok? :smiley:

A redeeming scene of the finale- Jack dying. Wonderfully done! Best part all year, I do believe. Not that I wanted Jack to die. I didnt! But it was actualy a good plot, and very well acted.

For about an hour after the end, I really wasn't sure what to feel about the episodes. I think I was still in shock over the fact that Alias, after 5 years, is finally over. No one is coming back from the dead, no more plans to take over the world.

As far as the episodes go, I thought they were among the best in the series, that is if you hold the episodes up to the standards we use to judge normal episodes. However, these two episodes were the series finale, and I think should be judged by a higher standard. In that regard, I thought they could've been better. However, it really wasn't the writer's fault. There's only so much you can squeeze into two hours. The alias universe is so enormous and complex. There was simply no way to tie up all the lose ends. They really needed another 5 or 6 episodes to even begin to do the series justice. A part of me wished they hadn't wasted the first half of Season 4 on those stand alone episodes. But what is done is done.

And for the record, Irina is evil, she is really the female version of sloane. Now just because she's evil doesn't mean she can't love. A person can love and still remain evil. Sloane loved Emily, and loved Sydney. Irina loved Jack and Sydney. But they are both still evil. Their love makes them more layered, but not less evil. What makes them evil is their ability to put their morality on hold to get what they want. They allow themselves to love only when it is convenient and does not interfere with their rambaldi obsession. That makes them evil.

I thought it was rather interesting that Irina died when the glass cracked and she fell to her death. It reminded me of the scene when Sloane fell through the rambaldi glass. These two characters, Sloane and Irina, really are mirrors of each other, in their mental acuity, their sense of morality, their obsession with rambaldi. They both fell through the glass. The only reason Sloane lived was because he had his daughter and accepted her help and walked away from the obession, at least for a while. Had she not been there, he would've been mortally injured and probably would've died down there. Irina had a similar choice. She rejected Sydney's outstretched hand and paid for her mistake.

it's definitely been a while since i've been in here. but, i thought, for old times sake...

finally seeing the very last shot of pretty much my favorite piece of television ever was - well, it was weird. and i can tell that i'm not the only one who feels that way. i didn't cry when the 'thanks for an incredible five years' came up, but for me it was finally the end of something that's been with me for as long as i can remember. five years is a long time, and i think i've pretty much grown up with this show. pretty life-altering television is, eh?

i'm not disappointed in this episode. it's the last episode. i know better. i've stuck with these characters since day one, since that damn truth was told, and honestly, to me the show died a long time ago. i'm glad that it ended the way it did - even jack's death, jack who has been the one character who i have never hated. sydney got what she finally wanted, and she even managed to throw a joke in about napalm and three-inch heels at the end. and i liked the symmetry of it - the first mission we ever saw sydney on was in hong kong, and it ended in hong kong.

so thanks, jabrams & crew - thanks for making me spy-crazy, thanks for making me love victor garber, thanks for all the wigs and pretty dresses and three-inch heels, thanks for the exploding napalm, thanks for the big red balls and the cryptic underground tunnels. thanks for michael vartan. thanks for the once-great music choices, the pretty camera angles, the production values. thanks for making me notice that stuff. and thanks for sydney. just, thanks - right back atcha.

I gave it a 5 - definitely one of the best Alias episodes ever!

To start, it was too bad about Jack :jack1: :cry: - but at least I got the satisfaction of seeing that he made sure Sloane would never be a threat again by giving him his final comeuppance (sacrificing himself to protect Sydney by blowing himself up and sealing the now-immortal Sloane inside that chamber for eternity).

As for Irina - it was too bad she chose to follow the path she went down, and by choosing Rambaldi over Sydney (as Sloane did to Nadia), she paid for it in the end (which sucked because Irina was a very interesting and intriguing character).

But in the end, Sydney accomplished what she needed to - she and the rest of APO saved the world by preventing the Rambaldi endgame from being executed, and that's what matters.

And in the end, Syd will now get to enjoy semi-retirement from the espionage game with Vaughn and her family - she's earned it. :syd4:

But even though Alias is now in the TV history books, we still will have all the memories, plus all the show-related merchandise - especially the DVDs (including the fifth season, once it comes out - which I imagine will have bonus features that'll make the season, and the whole series, memorable). ^_^

So here's to five great seasons of Alias - long may they reign. :syd1: :jack1: :vaughn1: :cheers:
COME ON, PEOPLE!!!! How the heck can you say this was the best season finale/Alias show ever???? I agree with some of the posters who shared in detail how the writers (ie, JJ) failed to "answer all of our questions." In fact, I have more questions now than ever!!! The finale did not explain HOW Sydney was the "chosen one," or if she was. The prophecy talked about the "chosen one" basically putting an end to the world, but she did not. It was also proven in Season 1 (?) that she was not the "chosen one" because she climbed that mountain. For the previous 5 seasons, all of the bad guys (The Covenant, Prophet 5, etc.) wanted/needed Syd because of some magical powers. So, she was able to receive an amulet. So what???? It wasn't even explained what the amulet did. Instead, Sloan tells her she "can't see this," and almost killed her!!! What was that about???? AND.....the end game??? What was it???? That only Sloan could live eternally???? How come Irina and Sloan were going to destroy the world with missles??? I do not understand the connection between this and eternal life. Does this mean Rambaldi was evil? I also agree with other posters about that stupid red ball. It was destroyed last season and also almost killed Vaughn. Now, suddenly, it's good???? And, who was the guy with the rose?? Rimbaldi???? And what about the round sphere Irena and bad guys were looking for??? I thought Irena grabbed it as she fell to her death. How come she didn't live forever??? And, what about Syd being captured at the end of season 2, and her eggs being taken in season 3??? For what??? SO MANY QUESTIONS UNANSWERED. I am too, soooo disappointed!!!
I also agree about how insane it was for Irena to suddenly want to kill Sydney, rather than continue to protect her, as she has the last several seasons. What a 360!! Out of character for her!!! And Tom's and Nadia's stories????? Stupid!! Why did Nadia have to die???
This ending ruined me even wanting to watch any more shows of Alias again (I have them taped). The previous 4 seasons were pretty nonsensical re. Rimbaldi, which basically took over the show and characters.
I too, have more to say, but am pretty ticked right now. I also agree how stupid it was for Jack to be killed off, leaving Syd a total orphan, living in utter isolation!! What?? Are her children going to be hermits too, while she and Vaughn occasionally go on missions??? NONSENSICAL!!!!

Hey guys.

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's comments and critiques of the finale of Alias. I come into the reaction threads a lot but have never but rarely put in my own opinion. I figure since it's the last episode it's better late than never.

First off I'd like to say that I can understand why people may feel cheated or upset about the finale. There are some things that could have ended differently and perhaps better but we'll never know. I don't really feel that it's worth thinking about because the show is over and it was one hell of a ride.

I loved Alias since the beginning until the very end, from the very highs to the very lows. I never gave up because I knew that even at the worst points of the seasons it was better than a lot of shows and hey, it was my show.

I think in order to have the ideal finale there would have to have been more episodes than there was to explain everything. I think the writers did a fantastic job with what they had. I wish they could have gone back and answered every single question that could ever be asked but it wasn't realistic. Every loose end they could find was tied, I think.

COME ON, YOU GUYS!!! AM I OF THE ONLY FEW WHO BELIEVE SO MANY QUESTIONS WERE UNANSWERED, AS WELL AS SO MANY PREVIOUS EPISODES NOT MAKING ANY SENSE????? WHAT about the episodes this season when Syd was captured by Irena, and tortured because she wanted to know about quadrants??? What was that about?? (Possible answer: The tomb of Rimbaldi?????) And why did Irena plan on capturing and keeping Syd and the baby??? Hence, the baby's room found by Jack. Did the baby have some powers that Rimbaldi prophesied??? And, why did Irena save Syd and the baby if they were not going to serve some purpose, besides Sydney getting the amulet from the rose guy??? What the hell did the amulet even do????? What a joke!!!!
Rambaldi's endgame, immortality? I guess that makes sense in the end. I'm sure when you go back and rewatch old dvds (which I know I'll be doing more often than not) it might not fight in which is frustrating but in the end, I loved it. The ultimate power and domination would come from immortality, you could rule forever and have complete control. I love Sloane, I think he was done justice and acted perfectly in the finale.

I loved the flashbacks, although some were a little ill placed. I thought it was very interesting and I wish they had of done some of these in other episodes.

The deaths in the finale were no surprise to me. I didn't read anything it just seemed natural. I thought Irina would die as well as Sloane because without their deaths the show couldn't have ended on such a positive note. Sydney would never have rested well while Sloane and Irina were out there. I believe that Irina has always been evil, I didn't think she was going to turn out to be good in the end. I don't think it was out of place for her to die. I thought it was interesting after all this time we finally knew for sure.

Jack's death was so true to the show, he sacrificed himself and Alias certainly deals with sacrifice.

The acting in this show never ceased to amaze me. I thought the finale was no exception. I was reminded at every turn why I watched the show.

I thought the ending of this incredible show did it justice.

I loved this show. It gave me countless hours of entertainment over the past five years and for that I am extremely thankful. I completely lost it at the end.

And thanks to everyone here at the boards for the fun. It's been a blast.

Erica

POSITIVES:
(+):The flashbacks were great; it just shows how grounded Alias once was--I miss those scenes

(+):The way Sloane ended up---didn't the old guy in the prison say to Syd that the pendant was the life's greatest gift and life's greatest curse

(+): Sydney finally having a mission in Sydney

(+):The closing scene with Isabelle Syd and Vaughn finally living a normal life

NEGATIVES
(-):They should have played the old intro from season 1-3; the new one is just plain horrible---looks like it was done by amatuers

(-):NO RED WIG!!!! WTF!!! :angry: :angry2:

(-):Really NO ALIASES in the finale. Sure Jack, Dixon...had aliases but where were Syd's mesmorizing aliases!!! :wtf:

(-): What ever happen to Marshall's gadget--we never see him explaining the gadgets in between missions anymore---at least integrate this component of the show back into the final episodes

(-): The flashback scenes should have been also integrated into the 1st hour----that way there could been scenes with young Syd and her mother, Syd with Danny, Will, and Francie and more scenes with Jack.

(-): Irina's endgame----what happen to "Truth takes Time." It seem like all along that everything that Irina did was to protect Syd. And why in the F did she reach for the sphere---is she still alive then???

(-):The subplot with Tom and Rachel was a complete waste of time :asleep:

(-): The whole Rambaldi mystery is still confusing as ever----what was the horizon even for? Wasn't the red ball poisonous? What did the pendant even do? Prophecy? A HORRIBLE conclusion to the whole Rambaldi mystery.

(-):JJ saying that this would be the last of Alias----HE STATES THAT THERE WOULD BE NO MOVIE. A truly dissapointing ending to the Alias series. :( :cuss: :madfire:

Just about everything you said I agree with you on. No Aliases? Tom and Nadia's plotline was just an excuse to fill up airtime. Just what the hell was Rabamldi's endgame? And since, possibly even season 4, the intro to Alias was horrible! I never liked it, but Season five was far worse! I think 9th graders did it there first day in tech class!

The finale did not explain HOW Sydney was the "chosen one," or if she was. The prophecy talked about the "chosen one" basically putting an end to the world, but she did not. It was also proven in Season 1 (?) that she was not the "chosen one" because she climbed that mountain. For the previous 5 seasons, all of the bad guys (The Covenant, Prophet 5, etc.) wanted/needed Syd because of some magical powers. So, she was able to receive an amulet. So what???? It wasn't even explained what the amulet did. Instead, Sloan tells her she "can't see this," and almost killed her!!! What was that about???? AND.....the end game??? What was it???? That only Sloan could live eternally???? How come Irina and Sloan were going to destroy the world with missles??? I do not understand the connection between this and eternal life. Does this mean Rambaldi was evil? I also agree with other posters about that stupid red ball. It was destroyed last season and also almost killed Vaughn. Now, suddenly, it's good???? And, who was the guy with the rose?? Rimbaldi???? And what about the round sphere Irena and bad guys were looking for??? I thought Irena grabbed it as she fell to her death. How come she didn't live forever??? And, what about Syd being captured at the end of season 2, and her eggs being taken in season 3??? For what??? SO MANY QUESTIONS UNANSWERED.

I totally agree with you! Too MANY Unanswered questions, and with this being the last of Alias, those questions will NEVER be answered. It's so disappointing that there are so many negatives, more so than positives about the finale.

Loved it! It was so painful and beautiful all at the same time. I was so sad to lose Irina, as was Sydney. I was glad Sydney finally shot the S*** out of Sloane, but damn time.

Loved Syd/Vaughn, loved that they had two kids, oh my goodness.

You know, for every single one of the negative points that "werent explained" mentioned, i can think of a perfectly reasonable explaination that links back to the beginning.

I guess you people just have bad memories and logic.

For example, the thing that said Sydney was the chosen one. There are a number of explainations there.

1. Sydney showed everyone in the end that SHE controls her fate, not some prophecy. She had always fought it, always resisted, and even when the final stage of the prophecy was in motion, she knew she could take control.

2. Irina was the woman all along. Remember when they all finally concluded the woman on the paper was Irina season 2? They were certain it was her, as she looked like that when she was young? What about that? Maybe it was Irina's prophecy all along, although the following notion makes more sense to me

3. Look at the prophecy in context. Sydney did render the greatest power into utter desolation. She rendered her mother desolate. Her mother was holding the greatest power in her hand. In the end, that power was forever lost. After Jack was shot, Sydney was burning with anger, she killed him and rendered him desolate. Irina and Sloane were the greatest power. We assumed that the greatest power meant the world. It did not.

The writers and the show creators DID tie up all the loose ends. It just depends on how perceptive you were to see what ends you saw being tied up.

Also - the missles.
They were not supposed to have brought about the end of the world,. THE implication was that Irina would have immortality to accumulate power, and having Prophet Five now under her control as well as the impending repercussions of missle strikes on two of the worlds "greates powers " (another nod to Rambaldi?) - almost certainly sparking a war of some sort.

The plot illuded to a future where Irina would use her power to control the world.

The amulet was clearly used to show the location of Rambalids resting place.

Irina grabbed the sphere then fell to her death. The sphere never opened, she was never exposed to the liquid inside it.

Syds eggs were taken to try and fufill the prophecy by another group.

I think what happened was everyone believed Sydney to be this all powerful icon who would destroy the world with her power, they never knew what the endgame was, they just knew sydney was in it.

What they didnt know is that the prophecy was not referring the global superpowers or sydneys wrath being used against humanity or good, but infact it talked about sydneys wrath being used against evil, to bury a potentially explosive finding for once and for all.

Also, breaking down the rambaldi prophecy

The woman here depicted will possess
unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works...
- her ability to think in 3 dimensions? her DNA that prophet five stole? This is the one part of the prophecy i do not understand.

bind
them with fury; a burning anger. Unless prevented, at vulgar cost, this woman
will render the greatest power unto utter desolation. This woman, without
pretense, will have had her effect, never having seen the beauty of my sky,
behind Mount Subasio. Perhaps a single glance would have quelled her fire

The rendering of the greatest power and the thing about the anger ive already explained.

The Mount Subasio stuff - Sloane shot sydney through the Ice when they were underneath Mt Subasio, by holding the amulet up to the light coming through the mountain, something began to change and sydney was "not allowed to see it"

I think i liked the first part of the episode better for some reason. I liked that they did another mission in Australia, it was cool that Sydney was in Sydney i do admit but that's twice she's been there (ok... well the first time she wasn't actually in the city but she was in the same state!), why not another city.... like Melbourne??? That would have been so cool!

I think the 2 scenes with the blocks were too much, they could have just had Isobelle in the end putting them together without having to explain what they were because we all know and remember what Jack did when Syd was younger we don't need reminding. The other flash backs were good though.

I didn't want Tom to die, from the last episode i have grown to like him. I feel so bad for Rachel that he died because they were really just starting to know each other.

I didn't like Irina's death, it was too sudden, same with Jack. I loved the whole double ep until then, after that it just turned non-alias, explaining too many things, i like mystery.

You know, actually, the prohecy abou rendering the greatest power unto utter desolation was all about the season 4 finale. Syd rendered the greatest power (the big red ball) unto utter desolation (she destroyed it, thus destroying the city and also rambaldi's big plan)

The other prohecy that was hidden in page 47 was the one about what was going on this season.

Obviously, what Sloane was doing with the amulet was that when the sun light hit the amulet, it produced a map of where the cave with rambaldi's tomb is. Which is why Syd couldn't see it.

There is freakin' no doubt that SYD IS THE CHOSEN ONE, not Irina.

And the endgame of Rambaldi was basically immortality to whomever obtained it. Obviously, the horizon was supposed to start the mechanism in the cave which produced to liquid (the rade ball) and the liquid gave you immortality. Irina wanted it so she could dominate the world, destroying two major cities of western power for starters.

I don't see any real unanswered questions anywhere, and I think it was an amazing finale and one of the best episodes ever. A true event in TV history.

Back