Season 5 React: All the Time In The World

How would you rate "All the Time In the World"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Hello folks,

I will begin by saying that the Rumbaldi stuff was completely bogus, I don’t know if at some point JJ was going other places with it when ABC decided he should drop it. But after reading a lot of comments and theories about the ending of the show I could conclude that sydny was against this prophecy from the beginnin, she never bought into it she never believed it even when Vaughn (hallucinating) told her what Brill told him about the passenger/chosen one fight. Every other person was involved in it Sloane, sark , the Derivko women, Lauren, her mother, all the bad evil organizations mentioned in the show, Vaughn's dad and even Vaughn kinda, heck even the American gov/ the trust was into it....

Syd wasn’t! she failed to see it, she didn’t want part of it, and when she was pulled into it at times she fought back. So like some poster said, the prophecy was important and meant a great deal to so many other than sydny, so tying any ends about the prophecy shouldn’t really matter what everyone must know is that it’s a far out far fetched fantasy of ( all the evil minds)

Those with clear clean conscious took it for what it is, a hoax, sydny was able to prove that all of it meant nothing to her, it didn’t change her life except for the part where her dad died while trying to protect her from one crazed by it and her mother chose it over her ( another one crazed by it)

I think what was more important is her father initially recruiting her into the CIA as a project, with the puzzle and all!!I think THAT fact had the more impact on her lif, since by doing that her dad left her no choice BUT to be a spy ( regardless of the Rambaldi bit) and now she is somehow stuck with it, wont change it and even her kid is showing signs of carrying it over. Rambaldi was important only to those who followed his work.

To sydny what was important is her relationships with DAD, MOM, VAUGH, FRIENDS, SLOANE, EMILY, DIXON, and everyone else in her life, and the implications of those relationships on her # 1 priority ( being a patriot) in a world full of hatred towards her alliances(her country) she wanted to serve her country and fight the bad guys she hated the fact that it wasn’t by choice, she loved that it introduced her to great people Vaughn / Dixon/ etc and hated that it cost her many dear friends and loved ones Danny/ Francie/ and finally Dad and even Mom (who was always somewhat of a lost case).

The fact that she was such a devoted loyalist to her country is what makes her continue doing what she is doing even after 2 children and a great marriage with the man she loves most.

For those who think syd was the woman Rambaldi meant then her killing Sloane and losing her mother over Rambaldi prophecy is basically the back bone of the prophecy as someone mentioned, she was angry she lost many loved ones due to this stupid prophecy her wrath was endless, and she did render the greatest powers into utter dissolution (Sloane and her mother) not (the US and the UK/ Washington and London) as once thought when she was investigated by the FBI in the early seasons, Rambaldi was one supported and followed by terrorists like Sloane and her mother, his prophecies obviously served their purpose and not those they were fighting (ie the American gov/etc) so when he prophesized about a woman destroying great powers with her fury he probably meant Irena destroying (US/UK etc) again like once thought by the FBI so therefore Irena was probably the one Rambaldi was taking about and not sydny.

In the end when all was said and done, in sydny's life the prophecy was just a cause for so many deaths of loved ones but reality was the survival and birth of many more … her husband her children and her friends….

I am SO disappointed by the finale.

What happened had nothing to do with the Prophecy, we still don't know what it was talking about.

Irina wanting power ? This is completely stupid !

Sloane wanting to destroy the world to make profit from reconstruction ? Since when Sloane needs money ???

S/V shippers, I don't know how you can be happy with this finale, given the poor chemistry and the few dialogues between S&V. I mean seriously.

After season 3, the only reason why I was keeping on watching Alias was to know about the Prophecy, and expecting a good ending. this ending royally sucked. So, for me, this whole show sucked. Okay, the first seasons were great, but now that I know how disappointing the plot is, I don't have a good memory of it.

Damn it ! Damn the writers ! Damn JJ ! I've been wasting my time with this show ! I'm so pissed off !!!

I cannot believe its over...it was so sad I'm about to start crying again, but maybe just maybe how the show did end with Isabelle doing the puzzle leaves to be open that maybe just maybe JJ will bring the show back in a few years when he has the time with a whole new line of plots. I mean look they didn't kill Sark...so you got evil than you have syd's family good...so you never know thats what i hope anyway.

good way to end good five seasons....sad it not coming back but you jj he might bring it back when everyone is ready to come back.

RIP Alias:
Mel

I seriously can't belive that this just happened. I couldnt think of a worse ending....Jack dies, by Sloane...there is NO justice in that in the "final battle between good and evil" Jack was like the rock throughout this show, and that was just wrong. Sark lives, but hey, what else is new...Iriana dies, which i expected and thought was approperiate, i knew in the end Syd would kill her, and that is how it should have been. I think the writers punked out a little by making it the whole "fast-forward" a few years situation was kinda out there....baby jack was apprpoeriate i think, and addorabale...The whole idea about the end and them being together and happy and on their hosue on the beach was good though...Syd and Vaughn deserved that...Dixon as director again, that was good too...I hate how they brought out the whole Tom and Rachel thing sooo late, they could have developed that way sooner! The Rambaldi question was never truly answered...sloane lived but why, or how?! 47?? we got about zero ansers regarding that whole situation..and Toms killed himself, seriously, comeon... O well, thanks for 5 amazing years!

I posted elsewhere, but I'll post it here too. I feel shellshocked about it still. I just hate that I saw this finale. It has almost ruined the whole series for me. I'm sure eventually I will be able to look at the old DVD sets again, but not soon. Jack dies and Sark lives? Unacceptable.

A lot of peoples problems seem to be about which favourite characters dies and refusing to accept shifts in character motivations which were layed out from the very beginning.

We all knew Irina was fuelled by evil underneath the surface. She was in conflict between her family and between her quest for power. By Maternal Instinct she told sydney that she could no longer afford to have her in her life.

I thought the ending was perfect, by the way.

It was a character epic rather than a spectacle epic like the end of season 4.

A lot of peoples problems seem to be about which favourite characters dies and refusing to accept shifts in character motivations which were layed out from the very beginning.

We all knew Irina was fuelled by evil underneath the surface. She was in conflict between her family and between her quest for power. By Maternal Instinct she told sydney that she could no longer afford to have her in her life.

I thought the ending was perfect, by the way.

It was a character epic rather than a spectacle epic like the end of season 4.

EXACTLY! Basically, what I've been hearing is that "My favourite character died, so the show sucked!" Irina was my favourite character, and I loved the entire series and the finale! To me, Jack's death was so appropriate, and while I wish he didn't die, I think it turned out for the better. As I've said before, Irina's death could have been done better, but they didn't have enough time to explain everything. I'm sure if they had at least another half hour, or a full season, we would have seen Irina actually explain herself, which wouldn't have made her death disappointing to some. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion's, but come on! Alias doesn't deserve this kind of negativity! If you hated the finale, be disappointed, hate the finale, but don't blame the entire series, or hate the other characters. It probably could have been better, but I feel that the writers did the best they could with what they had, and now, All the Time in the World is my favourite episode.

EXACTLY! Basically, what I've been hearing is that "My favourite character died, so the show sucked!" Irina was my favourite character, and I loved the entire series and the finale! To me, Jack's death was so appropriate, and while I wish he didn't die, I think it turned out for the better. As I've said before, Irina's death could have been done better, but they didn't have enough time to explain everything. I'm sure if they had at least another half hour, or a full season, we would have seen Irina actually explain herself, which wouldn't have made her death disappointing to some. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion's, but come on! Alias doesn't deserve this kind of negativity! If you hated the finale, be disappointed, hate the finale, but don't blame the entire series, or hate the other characters. It probably could have been better, but I feel that the writers did the best they could with what they had, and now, All the Time in the World is my favourite episode.

I actually liked the title All the time in the world. because when I was just reading the spoilers and got the title, I had assumed it was something sweet that Vaughn said to Syd, or vice versa. But how ironic that it's something that sloane says that's essentially gonna haunt him for the rest of his life. I felt his punishment was the most fitting.

and yes, irina deserved a little more explanation. But her death was very poetic. Falling through the glass, like Sloane did in the S4 flashback. But because sloane had his daughter who was his salvation, he lived through it. Irina rejected Sydney's help, so she paid for it with her life. Also, I liked the fact that it was never sydney who killed Irina. She really did it to herself, her obsession was the end of her. And the same was true of Sloane. Sure Syd killed him, but not really. He came back to life. Ultimately those who are not careful would be consumed by Rambaldi's prophecies.

You know, I don't understand you people. And exactly what did you expect, when the story had to wrap up so many things in only 90 minutes?! If stupid american viewers watched despite a dead Vaughn, the show wouldn't drop in ratings and there would be the time and money to make a regular 22 episode season. And maybe Alias wouldn't even end at all. Thank you very much, not loyal morons who watch reality shows in stead of staying with your show and supporting it! Thanks a lot for killing Alias. At least stop bashing it, OK!? So what there wasn't a red wig? So what Syd didn't have an alias mission? My God, you people are never satisfied with anything!!!

I love Alias, but I felt that this finale didn't live up to the four season's before it. I felt that Jack did the right thing, by going down there and killing Sloane, but I still don't think he should have died. And why did they kill Irina like that, after all she had been throuhg always changing sides and all. I thought she was good after season 4 but I guess not. I do think she had to die becuase she could just turn bad again, and after all those mean things she had said to Syd, about never wanting to have a baby and all that stuff, you knew she was going to die. I was also wondering what the heck happened to the big deal about Vaughn not being Vaughn. wnat is his "real" name any way. Everybody still calls him Vaughn. I think that Isabelle should have left the blocks in the right place instead of pushing them over, and then Syd goes into to get something and sees them and then the series should have ended. Because they should have ended in kind of climatic. I think that it would have set up a movie or even maybe another season of Alias. Look 7th Heaven just got picked up by the CW channel so maybe they'll pick up Alias as well. I can hope can't I? I just love Vaughn and Syd!! they are so cute together. I was just wondering if anyon knew how Sydney knew if Vaughn was still alive. I remember a few episodes back her and Jack (RIP) were talking and she was saying that she knew that Vaughn was alive, and she didn't think that they should take him out of hiding because it wasn't safe or something. So ya that's what I have tp say about the finale. And I do think that Nadia's character was a waste of time, she never did anything. SHe was killed by her own father for christs sake.
THANK YOU ALIAS FOR AN AWESOME FIVE YEARS!! I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!

It is so hard to know what to say! I am so sad Alias is over...I cannot believe some of the shows that make it for season after season and that Alias was cancelled. Apparently America as a whole cannot handle shows with depth and complexities. They would rather be lulled to sleep with mindless sit coms and reality shows. *Deep sigh*

The first hours of the finale was superb!!! The second was not as satisfying to me. Now I must admit this is due largely to the fact that Jack is my absolute hero and favorite character. While it would be very appropriate for him to sacrafice himself for Syd's well being did it have to be b/c Sloane came back to life? If Jack had to have died they could've made it for a less ridiculous reason. I was holding out hope to the end that Grandpa Jack would show up at the beach house...that hope was killed, of course, when Syd introduced her new baby boy as Jack and everyone got the sad look. (n)

I did like all the flashbacks...those were really cool....especially the one w/ Syd giving her Dad the money from the "bank job" All of them....then Isabella putting the indicator test together...predictable, but still very cool! Overall I am just so sad to let go of such a great show and mourning the fact that if a movie did ever come about, Jack would be absent and sorely missed by me. I did like the Sark exchange when Syd said "Hey don't look at me, you're the one that let him go" That was cute!

This ending was a joke ! It was such a slap in Lena Olin's face ! truth takes time was about world domination ? Get real, this is worthy of a James Bond villain, not Irina Derevko.

She always said that Irina was good, and she played her that way, the ending totally contradicts everything we've seen since season 2. They worked so hard to have Lena back on the show only to treat her character like a cardboard villain, it's pathetic, no wonder if, like the source at Telvision without Pity said, she is pissed off, I feel so cheated it must be a thousand times worse for her.

In season 4 she saved the world, and in season 5, she wanted to destroy it, she spent 25 years looking for Nadia but she never mentioned her death and she worked with Sloane, who killed her daughter, it's so unbelievable.

As for poor Vartan, he had nothing to do but look good in those episodes, it was really nice of him to come back to shoot that felgercarb out of respect for his fans.

Finally, Jack's death, Irina died like the Nazi girl in Indian Jones 3 and Jack died to save his daughter and the free world just like Bruce Willis in Armageddon, JJ and Pinker really love clichés, what was Jack doing without kevlar, like they have on every mission, remember the family trip to India in Passage ? He knows that Sloane is immortal and he killes himself ? does he really think that Sloane won't find a way out ? His death makes him look like a fool, all those deaths, Nadia, Renée, Jack and Irina make me feel like the writers just wanted to shock us for the sake of it, but I don't get any sense of closure from the finale, I'm just pissed off and disappointed

Unfortunately, I only started watching Alias 16 minutes and 43 seconds into "The Orphan" from Season 4. I was hooked after "Tuesday," naturally, and I've watched the show religiously ever since. I instantly fell in love with Michael Vaughn, and when I watched the previous seasons (I would watch 18 or so hours of Alias in one day, just to catch up! YAY!) I decided I liked Sark too. I mean, please, who wouldn't? While Vaughn's "death" upset me, I didn't even consider not watching it anymore. I mean, very rarely is anyone ever REALLY dead on Alias. We've seen Irina "come back to life" sooo many times, and we've seen Allison Doren do the same. Sydney's done it plenty of times. This show's finale was AMAZING, and I expected nothing less from the ultimate genius, JJ Abrams. I don't regret my decision to keep watching. I can't really thank Abrams for giving me five wonderful years of Alias, but I can thank him for the incredible year and a half I've spent following this amazing show. I'm practically sobbing now, but at least I've got my DVDs! :smiley:

In season 4 she saved the world, and in season 5, she wanted to destroy it, she spent 25 years looking for Nadia but she never mentioned her death and she worked with Sloane, who killed her daughter, it's so unbelievable.

As for poor Vartan, he had nothing to do but look good in those episodes, it was really nice of him to come back to shoot that felgercarb out of respect for his fans.

Finally, Jack's death, Irina died like the Nazi girl in Indian Jones 3 and Jack died to save his daughter and the free world just like Bruce Willis in Armageddon, JJ and Pinker really love clichés, what was Jack doing without kevlar, like they have on every mission, remember the family trip to India in Passage ? He knows that Sloane is immortal and he killes himself ? does he really think that Sloane won't find a way out ? His death makes him look like a fool, all those deaths, Nadia, Renée, Jack and Irina make me feel like the writers just wanted to shock us for the sake of it, but I don't get any sense of closure from the finale, I'm just pissed off and disappointed

I swear u took the words right out of my mouth! No joke.

I mean there is no way Jack (and everyone else on the mission) would not have a vest on. Give me a break, this is the freakin CIA, they're not stupid.

It is so hard to know what to say! I am so sad Alias is over...I cannot believe some of the shows that make it for season after season and that Alias was cancelled. Apparently America as a whole cannot handle shows with depth and complexities. They would rather be lulled to sleep with mindless sit coms and reality shows. *Deep sigh*

i agree. Shows like Big Brother and Real World can be on for seasons, but poor Alias gets the boot after only five seasons. Just because people are too lazy to watch a show that actually makes them think. They prefer to watch a bunch of nobodys sleep around with eachother and get into fights every week. No wonder the next generation is becoming less involved in world issues, they'd rather watch Laguana Beach!

I swear u took the words right out of my mouth! No joke.
I mean there is no way Jack (and everyone else on the mission) would not have a vest on. Give me a break, this is the freakin CIA, they're not stupid.
Glad you agree, apparently, Lena Olin was pissed off with the finale, and I don't blame her !

there's a campain at SD-1.net, the fans want to tell JJ that the finale was a huge let-down, and thank Lena for her incredible work, evreybody is welcome to join, here is the link :
Board Message
It's sd-1 - general discussion - other stuff - group - JJ EM ETIB !

You can't think past your own noses can you? How many times does it have to be spelled out for you?

Irina stopped Elena and Sloane from doing it the first time around because 1. She wanted to be the one to do it because she wanted the power and 2. She didn't have the "eternal life" potion. DUH. What is the first thing she'd face with an attack on humanity like what Sloane and Elena did? Being killed. I'd want EVERYTHING in order when I made an attack like that.

Its quite simple you guys.

Back