Season 5 React: All the Time In The World

How would you rate "All the Time In the World"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
You can't think past your own noses can you? How many times does it have to be spelled out for you?

Irina stopped Elena and Sloane from doing it the first time around because 1. She wanted to be the one to do it because she wanted the power and 2. She didn't have the "eternal life" potion. DUH. What is the first thing she'd face with an attack on humanity like what Sloane and Elena did? Being killed. I'd want EVERYTHING in order when I made an attack like that.

Its quite simple you guys.

It must be really great to be as intelligent as you; Apparently, lots of fans, and Lena Olin herself, didn't at all recognize Irina Derevko in the finale; Good for you that it made sense as far as you're concerned, To me, it was a farce, thanks anyway for your words of wisdom I feel much more intelligent now thanks to you.

See, its not hard for me to believe because I never took Irina at face value. I knew underneath she was as evil as Sloane and she would ultimately disappoint Sydney. If they'd had her end up being good, which some hoped for including myself, it wouldn't have been right. Yes, I wanted Irina to be good for Syd's sake but it just didn't make sense to me.

IMO, they set us up for it during the episode in which Syd gave birth. From that point on, I KNEW without a doubt Irina was evil.

This was probably one of the best episodes ever! I agree that characters just can't stay dead...except for Vaughn, he needed to live. I was on the edge of the couch the entire time. I love how Nadia's ghost talks to Sloane. The ending was soooooooo awesome and I wish it never would've ended. JJ did a great job.

I've just watched the last four episodes in a row of Alias and i've got to get this off my chest. I really enjoy the show but this last season and some of last season have been lame. It lost it's spark. I still refused to give up on the show though. So far i have seasons 1 - 3 on DVD and I really don't know whether to finish buying the rest of them now that i know how it all ends. The series finale was quite good in places but Irina being the bad girl again doesn't sit well with me after all the times we've seen Sydney try to turn her to the 'good' side. I still think David Anders is absoloutely gorgeous though! I love him as a villain and was shocked when i found out he was American! I feel heartache about the show ending and i was nearly in tears. I don't know whether it's coz it has finally ended or whether it's coz it didn't live up to my expectations. I still have questions. What was the pendant? What did the red ball do (the Horizon). Suppose when Jack blew himself up, the explosion blew him into the red pool and he came back to life? In this series anythings possible. I've really enjoyed my time with this show and don't regret sticking with it one bit, but, i do feel that it probably should have ended last year, and i blame J J Abrahms for not staying with it, or at least writing the finale. After all- you should ALWAYS finish what you started.

Right first of all i loved the finale and have been crying for the last 30 mins since i watched it. I caan't believe its over. Anyway, i thought it went out with a great ending, tying up enough of the thousand loose ends to make it good.

Tom dying like that was soooo sad. I know a lot of people didn't like Tom but i actually did...though he was dull i thought he had potential. Plus i've fancied Balthazar Getty since like forever lol. It was a good death for him.

I was soo happy seeing Francie back....it was too brief for my liking and they could have given her a longer flashback but it was still so good hearing the old banter and her telling Syd she should go out with them and DANNY!!!

The way Jack went out was just so Spydaddy!!!! i didn't want him to die by being shot by that turd Sloane so i'm glad he went out on his on terms and therefore left Sloane to the worst fate EVER.

Speaking of Sloane am glad he was trapped down there alive forever...serves the little ferret man right...got everything he deserved though i feel a small tiny bit sorry for him because he was sorta like a drug addict...he was driven and completely overtaken by Rambaldi...and it totally consumed him. I think he really did try to be good at times, but the pull was too strong and in the end it destroyed him. Nadia walking away from him was absolutely brilliant and so powerful. She was never on his side really.

As for Irina...hmmm people keep debating that it didn't make sense that she was evil as she kept helping them...especially at the end of season 4. Problem is Irina is as consumed as Sloane is...it changes her as a person and the only reason she helped them was because she wasn't the ones pulling the strings. She wanted her sister taken don and out of the way leaving it clear for her to take the reins. I believe she really did love both Jack and Sydney BUT the same sort of drug addict pull that consumed Sloane had hold of her too and she couldn't resist. Even her love for Syd couldn't stop her now...power is a powerful thing lol.

Sark was great as usual...glad he played a part and lived. But why oh why did Vaughn let him go...doesn't make much sense. At least take him into custody lol.

I loved the ending with ickle Jack, and Isobelle building The Indicator and then knocking it down....YAY!!! she has the skills but isn't the same as her mummy.

oh yeah and about the francie flashback--it wasnt consistent with the season one version of when syd was approached by sd-6 for the first time. she was wearing a different shirt, her hair was different, and it may just be the angle, but in season 1 they show syd looking up to the man with her head turned a little toward her left (the right side of the tv screen), whereas in this ep she looked a little to the right. or maybe it was straight. i dont remember. it wasnt to her left tho. yeah...i know thats not really important.
Let it go dude...its over...no need to nitpick it.

Next, they wasted so much time on stupid felgercarb that didnt even matter. I do not feel like they answered the big questions they promised to. The flashbacks of Sydney getting asked to join SD6 had no relevence. And the time wasted on Tom was just ridiculous. there was no big twist that i had been waiting for. They didnt discuss Nadia being Jack's which i hoped they would. Tom's wife didnt turn out to be anybody, and they had hard ass Peyton wuss out because of a snake. i was hoping they would make her somehow fit into the story as well, maybe be related to Sydney or something.

Stupid felgercarb that didn't matter??? Everything matters in Alias...The flashbacks weren't there to show anytghing new...they were just there to reiterate who sydney has always been...ever since she was a child. They didn't waste time with Tom...it was about one minute that he spoke to Rachel and died...makin the ultimate sacrifice...how can that be a waste of time?

How can you, a supposed alias obsessed fan say the whole finale was felgercarb and awful and a waste of time and then say you were hoping Kelly Peyton was gonna be related to Sydney?????? You have got to be kidding right? How rubbish would that have been. What would've been the point? Ridiculous.

ANYWAY..i loved it and am so sad it's now over.

Thank you Alias for 5 amazing years and for bringing 2 of the most amazing people into my life ...you will be hugely missed. (n)

I'm italian and I've just seen this episode.
I have to agree with all the people who find this episode horrible.
I'm so sad, I don't know what to say.
Yes, I'm glad that Syd is ok, and that she's happy, but they destroyed Irina Derevko's character.

I knew that there was the possibility that she were evil, but not stupid.
The way this "fake irina" treated sydney was unbelievable.

Who cares about tom grace? who cares about stupid flahbacks? I wanted something more "alias" than this. jack's death is not enough.

Alias still remain my favorite show, but i'm gonna act like this last episode never exist.

Yes, i will never have closure

Although I was rather disappointed upon the first viewing of the finale, I rewatched it and everything made so much more sense. I don't agree with everyone complaining about unanswered questions.

The only unanswered question that they NEVER answered and it's not even a big deal because I don't think that anyone has mentioned it yet was Prophet Five's interest in Sydney's baby.

Irina made it clear that she saved Sydney's baby because she was her daughter, but what about the nursery in the warehouse that Jack and Renee found?

Even through all of that, I felt that was such a great way to wrap everything up as it really let everyone's character shine.

Sydney and her flashbacks were just great television, and I don't agree with people who say that they were wasting time. They illustrated Sydney's past and how it illustrated her life. Each flashback had importance. The first with what she wanted to be when she grew up, then seeing her in a position - wondering why a child would want that. Then came Sydney growing stronger with her mother's death, and nearly her own. Then the Indicator puzzle, showing how she was special and that her destiny was being fulfilled. After that, they showed Sydney and choosing her life with Francie by her side, not realizing the magnitude of her decision. Then we see how Jack and Sydney came to have a "falling out" when he tried to make her quit her job - perfectly paralleled to how her decision to enter this life ultimately killed her father. Then finally Sloane's warning on how this life would put you in terrible situations and Sydney's drive to succeed markets her feelings in the final fight between Sydney and her mother.

Other than that, there were so many incredible scenes.

Obviously Jack and Sydney's last moments, for me, was the best scene of the entire season. Perfect writing and acting. Just amazing. When she ran away from him and looked back at him and he stood up, I was on the verge of losing it.

Speaking of that scene, I really appreciate the work that Michael Giacchino put into the finale. Each theme and score was just dripping with emotion and intensity. From storming Mongolia, to Rambaldi's engame, to Sydney and Jack's final scene, to Sydney and her mother, to Sydney and Vaughn. Everything was just dead-on. It almost disappoints me that we didn't hear these amazing scores earlier this season where they were missed.

I know that many people are giving felgercarb to the writers about Irina being so evil, and I'll have to admit that I wasn't exactly happy with how she turned out, but it makes sense. In retrospect, I don't believe that one year of custody with her daughter could change the fact that Irina lived a LIFETIME of betrayal and evil. And in her defense, she never wanted it to come down to killing her daughter. I think it worked out very well.

I thoroughly enjoyed Sark and Vaughn's final scenes. I think Sark's explanation for why he does the things he does was completely correct. Their interaction is something that I'm going to miss.

And Jack's suicide was a perfect way to show that he would do anything to keep Sydney safe and that meant even killing himself in the process. Sloane's ending was perfect as well. I find it completely ironic that the Rambaldi Device in Season 2 gave him a message - "Peace". It didn't mention a weapon or anything of that kind. And Sloane didn't see that. And now look at him. He has his own "peace" for the rest of time.

I thought the ending was a little TOO sweet, but I won't complain. I loved how Sydney and Vaughn are living away from the spy world, but are okay with doing Dixon 'favors'. I think that was a good way for Sydney to wrap up these five years.

The ONLY THING and I seriously mean ONLY thing that I would have changed about the finale was the finale of the fight between Sydney and her mother. I felt it would have been much more emotional if the glass hadn't be breaking and instead, Sydney shot the glass and Irina plummeted to her death. I felt that would have made more sense and been more relevant to Sloane's warning that she would have to do things that she wouldn't want to, and have to see things that she would never forget. Added on to that, maybe when Vaughn came instead of giving him a hug, I think it would have been better if she broke down right there and he would have consoled her instead of how it ended between them.

Overall, I'd have to say that though I felt that Season 5 was pretty subpar until the last 5 or so episodes, I was not disappointed one bit by the finale and I'm sad to see that Alias will be no more.

People keep commenting that Lena olin was not happy with the way they ended her character. Is there an interview or something that she says that in? Just wondering, because if there is i'd like to read it.

I agree with all the people that felt cheated out of the finale.

Maybe I expected alot...I dont know.

I loved alias because of the intricate details, plot lines, and surprises. All of which were missing in the finale.

I could've come up with that plan...there was no shock factor whatsoever...no thought involved. the characters were very one dimensional in the end.

They didnt explain anything abt rambaldi...or how the prophecy came true...cause it really didnt.

they killed of prophet five soo easily....these are suppose to be ppl at the highest level of the consipiracy. not only that they didnt even link prophet five with the alliance or explain how vaughn was researching them. where they were in the first 4 seasons.

i dont know just everything seemed silly.

im glad syd and vaughn finally have a good life. sad abt jack...

i will miss the show.

I'm glad boyscout4747 liked the ep after all.

Maybe Prophet 5 wanted the baby so they could black mail Syd. But that's rather stupid. But I never actually thought about that, so I don't care.

I agree that there are no unanswered questions.

^Yeah I think people just wanted this huge puzzle spelled out for them in black and white instead of actually realizing that everything makes sense.

THIS ISN'T MINE but here:

This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks, signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works: bind them with fury, a burning anger. Unless prevented, at vulgar cost, this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation. This woman, without pretense, will have had her effect, never having seen the beauty of my sky behind Mt. Subasio. Perhaps a single glance would have quelled her fire.

1. "This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks, signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works:" as we found out in season one these signs are genetic, so it could in essence be anyone in Sydney's bloodline, however the only other possible person presented on the show that looked anything like the drawing was AnnaSydney (aka sydney clone), and since she is dead, it is not her. also the prophecy says "This woman, without pretense." further proof that it is not somebody pretending to be Sydney.

2. "she will be the one to bring forth my works: bind them with fury, a burning anger." In anger Sydney took the Orb of Life from the Mueller Device thus causing the fluid to fall into the pool. In anger she shot Sloane thus causing him to fall into the pool, thus granting him eternal life and bringing forth Rambaldi's works.

3. "Unless prevented, at vulgar cost, this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation." To understand this part you ust understand what the greatest power is. Time is the one thing nobody has enough of and everybody wants more of and it is was Rambaldi's life's work gave. So the greatest power would be the ablity to give people more time, which is what the Orb of Life did when combined with the Mueller Device. So when Sydney knocked Irena and the orb onto the glass thus cause the glass to break thus cause Irena and the orb that was made of glass to fall the killing Irena and destroying the orb the rendering the greatest power unto utter desolation.

4. "This woman, without pretense, will have had her effect, never having seen the beauty of my sky behind Mt. Subasio. Perhaps a single glance would have quelled her fire." And here is where you are thinking "Sydney climbed Mt. Subasio and saw the sky." but Rambaldi doesn't say the sky he says my sky. When Sydney and Sloane were in the the ice cave he held the amulet up to the light which projected something onto the wall, he then turned to Sydney and said you can't see this and shot the ice she was standing on cause her to fall through and not see anything. That projection somehow led Sloane to the tomb in Mongolia. One could assume the projection was a star chart of the sky over his tomb in Mongolia.

And thusly the prophecy was fullfilled.

So there, I think everything makes perfect sense. I mean everyone is complaining about how there wasn't any complexity or Rambaldi finality when really it was all there.

hey that does make sense!!!

alas i didnt get to watch the finale until sunday... it was the worst day of my life. I had a fight with my friends... so i was already sad then i went to x-men 3 an started cryin.. came back to watch alias and was crying all over again.. :( i still feel like cryin. whenever i think of thomas, jack an sark i feel sooo depressed.
the only thing that kept me going after jack died was sark. he was my lifeline .. what a hottie though i am so glad he didnt get taken away and like 5 years later hes still out there. they should make a happy ending for sark where he meets me :smiley: and falls in love. wouldnt that be a good story ;)

Exactly. It isn't as bad here, but people over at SD-1 are seriously pissed off. What's the point? It was the last episode ever, and even if you didn't like it, boo hoo, its over. The writers can't please everyone, and somewhere along the line, somebody was going to be disappointed, whether it be a Jack fan, Irina fan, etc.

My only real problem was SpyMommy's death. They could have made it better, and I'll admit, she was OOC, but I'm sick of all these "Irina was never evil!" people complaining. Irina is my favourite character, even more so than Sydney, and I was upset at her battle with Sydney (Although I've been dying for years to see those two face off.) However, I never thought Irina was truely good for a second. She'll do whatever it takes to make it out on top, at least, that's how I see her. And I do think she really loved Sydney, which is why she chose death. My theory was that it took Sydney's love, compasion, forgiveness, and purity to reach her, and then, she knew, if she had accepted Sydney's hand, she would just continue to harm Sydney, and she couldn't deal with that, not after how loving and forgiving Sydney had been towards her. So, she gave her final gift to Sydney; a life without Rambaldi, free of worries. I'm sure a lot of people disagree with this, but I'm somewhat in denial, and it makes me feel good, so whatever.

Jack's death wasn't wasted, but it wasn't unneccesary. Think about it; Sloane caused his daughter and him so much pain. Could you really let that bastard walk out of there and ruin the one shot your daughter had at happiness? He insured Sydney's freedom. IMO, he knew that he hadn't been much of a father for Sydney, and truely regretted that. A life without Sloane was the only thing he could give to make up for his mistakes, but I don't think he realized that Sydney had already forgiven him. He went out with a bang, as a hero, and I think it was typically Jack. One of the best deaths on television.

I LOVED the very end. Sydney and Vaughn and Isabelle and Dixon, and little baby Jack. That final scene, when Sydney looks back, then walks into the sunsent with her family. IMO, Sydney realized Sloane was right; she couldn't rescue everyone, and sacrifices would have to be made (and were made,) but in the end, after all of the terror and everything that she's been through, hope still survived, and she could still move on, because of her loved ones. She made so many sacrifices protecting her friends and family, and Jack's death, possibly Irina's death, and everyone else who was effected by Sydney, their sacrifices were their "Thank you for being OUR guardian angel." Sydney finally discovered truth, who she was, and although truely evil things exist in the world, her love and loyalty to her friends and family would always come out on top.

I know; really corny ^^^ but I don't care. I've literally been crying all day, my eyes are puffy, my teachers and friends think I'm crazy, but I'm one satisfied fan.

I've already posted my thank you to Alias, but I need to post it again, because I just love this show so much; Thank you, cast and crew, for making the last five years of my life the best ones.

One more thing; LOVED THE MUSIC! The whole final battle music was beautiful, and then Sydney's theme (or Sydney and Vaughn's theme) playing as they walked off into the sunset. It was just how I pictured it, down to the music, and I loved it to no end. It leaves room for possibilities.

^^ Wow... that's like exactly what I've been thinking/ how i've been acting ever since the final episode ended. I would also like to take time to thank the cast and crew for making 5 amazing seasons worth of episodes... and for giving my best friend and I one more thing to share. :blush:

I was very dissapointed.
This season just dissapointed me a lot. The ending of the finale was so predictable and just dumb. I think that after all those fabulous episode JJ Abrams did the first 2 seasons that this is how he would end the series.
P.S.
Does anyone know if JJ Abrams was involved with the finale? Because I don't think he was but if he was could someone tell me? Thanks.

Does anyone know if JJ Abrams was involved with the finale? Because I don't think he was but if he was could someone tell me? Thanks.

He wasn't involved in the writing, but he said that the writers did "a great job", at TWP, they say that the finale was written in 5 days, and rewritten at the last minute, given its quality, I'm not surprised.

The funny thing about season 5, is that it made me appreciate season 4. I thought that except for the last 2 episodes, S4 was really bad, but season 5 was even worse. Compared to season 5, season 4 is pretty good.

When you think about it, they screwed up every year : after season 3, they said season 4 would be good and it was a bore, and after promising us that the last season would be great, and that the finale would wrap "everything nicely" as J Garner put it, they managed to contradict in 40 minutes everything we've seen since the begining :

Sydney spent years blaming Jack for P Xmas, but as it turns out, she was born to be a spy, Irina who's always hated Sloane, allied herself with him at the last minute and never even mentioned that he had killed her daughter, Sloane wanted immortality when last year he killed a guy who wanted the same thing, which in Sloane's mind was a betrayal to Rambaldi's endgame, and "truth takes time" was all about world domination, this finale was actually worse than the finale of the X files !

I happened across this thing (from wikipedia) about the prophecy perhaps it will clarify things or not but see what you think...cut for length :

"Sydney Bristow ostensibly disproved that the prophecy refers to herself by climbing Mt. Subasio. However, her mother Irina insists that Sydney is "the Chosen One," the one referred to in the prophecy, and says that she fulfilled it by preventing Elena Derevko's apocalyptic endgame, in the process fighting the Passenger, Nadia, who was driven insane by a chemical agent and put into a coma afterwards. However, Anna Espinosa, a nemesis of Sydney's, has since been made into Sydney's "double", taking on her likeness, through DNA reconstruction, and so became a new candidate for fulfilling both prophecies. However, not long after, Nadia died at the hands of her father, and Anna was killed by Sydney, leaving the fulfillment of the prophecy ambiguous, though in a way, Nadia and Sydney did fight to the death, only they did not kill each other in the process, and one died after the battle.

The prophecy applied to the Alias storyline: "This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works. Bind them with fury, a burning anger unless prevented at vulgar cost this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation."

Sydney possessed unseen marks in her gift for three dimensional problem solving, which may fulfill the spirit of the prophecy. The letter is fulfilled by three actual physical anomalies mentioned by Rambaldi that Sydney possessed: DNA sequencing; platelet levels; and the size of her heart. At SD-6 she was directly responsible for bringing forth the works of Rambaldi by collecting them for both SD-6 and the CIA. Jump to the series finale where the culmination of collecting the Rambalid artifacts (binding Rambaldi's works) has led Arvin Sloane and Sydney in a face-off. After Jack Bristow is shot by Arvin Sloane, Sydney displays a burning anger by brutally shooting Arvin Sloane.

This sequence of events triggers "the greatest power" storyline. The greatest power which Sloane and Irina Derevko are both seeking is that of immortality. The greatest power is rendered unto utter desolation because it is forever lost. Arvin is trapped forever in Rambaldi's tomb under rock and Derevko dies while trying to retreive the last remains of the greatest power contained within the Horizon device. Sydney unfortunately had pretense in climbing the Mt. Subasio in an effort to disprove she was the Chosen One. In the end, Rambaldi accurately predicted that Sydney would ensure his greatest work of immortality would never be used again.

The Rambaldi eye symbol <o> is said by Irina Derevko to represent Sydney and Nadia's death-battle; thus it might be considered another iteration of the "Chosen One/Passenger" prophecy."

As for the finale I liked it. And I specifically liked it way more than the last two alias finales. And I do think it would have been much better had it been a full season. And I liked Season 5 (except for Solo), yes it could have been much better but overall I liked season 5.

I was reluctant to watch the last 2 episodes of ALIAS knowing that it's going to be last time I'll ever watch the series again. Guess I am in denial that the series has ended, permanently. I've watch it and I must say that the storyline was bit of a rush. Perhaps if ABC would have given them 5 more episodes to film, maybe the story would have been better.

Anyway, ALIAS is ALIAS. I thought it was a GREAT ending, as least for our beloved Sydney. Sad for Jack and Tom (I cried my eyes out). Sloane got what he deserves, so did Irina. Like the end title, thank you for five glorious season. Really thank you. It was great being a fan of a show who has never been afraid to be different.

I STILL cant believe thats its over....im just going through denial right now i guess. i mean cause i just saw it last night on UPN no idea what its doing there but i still see it on TV so it messes with my mind. Like i still every sat. and sun. at eight no one bug me cause i got to get my Alias medication. ima go watch the finale again for like the millonth time and then just remind myself that that was it Alias is finito....gone....no more....no it cant be!!!! ok ima go now.....bye.

Back