Season 5 React: All the Time In The World

How would you rate "All the Time In the World"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I was finally able to bring myself to watch the finale a second time around. I liked it much more than the first time.

I think I can accept the series for what it was - loopholes and unanswered questions and all - because in the end all that matters is that it was a beautiful story. We saw Sydney realize who she is and what she is capable of before our eyes, we saw her build a relationship with her father, and we saw her find her soulmate and have a family.

I'm feeling so bitter about this show.

This finale didn't bring any closure whatsoever. The Rambaldi endgame, Sloane's quest, Irina's goal, everything was sacrified to the "action". Maybe the producers thought this episode wouldn't be exciting enough if we didn't have missiles and a girl fight at the end. And that was not exciting at all.

I had 2 amazing first seasons, an average third season, a rubbish fourth season and a really messy fifth season.

Alias is the most disappointing show ever.

at TWP, they say that the finale was written in 5 days, and rewritten at the last minute, given its quality, I'm not surprised.

I'm not surprised either. Where did you see that ? In which forum ? Do you know if we can find the original script somewhere, as it would probably actually be better than THIS.

I'm not surprised either. Where did you see that ? In which forum ? Do you know if we can find the original script somewhere, as it would probably actually be better than THIS

Check television without pity and SD-1.net. To me, the finale was the biggest letdown since the X files

Didn't you guys read what Spycat79 wrote? To me, that explains pretty much everything I was questioning. After I read it I finally brought myself to rewatch the episode (even though I thought it was good the first time I watched it, I was depressed the show was over, so i was relcutant to watch it again) and wow... everything makes a lot more sense.

Spycat79: Could you possibly post the link to the page where you found this, since it's cut for length. I would love to read the whole thing :smiley:

Didn't you guys read what Spycat79 wrote? To me, that explains pretty much everything I was questioning.

People on here don't read much. I posted two very good links earlier in this thread that would have helped people understand but I don't think anyone even looked at them. On of the links was reposted by boyscout47...above.

I even used like 80 point font.

People on here don't read much. I posted two very good links earlier in this thread that would have helped people understand but I don't think anyone even looked at them. On of the links was reposted by boyscout47...above.

the fact that they resolved the prophecy doesn't mean that the finale was good, I stopped caring about anything Rambaldi related since mid season 3, but I still cared about most of the characters, and I stuck with the show for them. the show was about the Spy family, and in the end, Sydney is the only one still standing.

The conclusion of her role as the chosen one was lame at best, and I didn't need yet another girl fight between Sydney an her ennemy du jour, especially if the "ennemy" is the mother who helped her save the world in season 4.

The deaths of the SpyFamily members were all incredibly lame. they treated all the characters like felgercarb, I even feel sorry for Vartan, who had nothing to do in the finale but look good. The decor was cheap, and for the first time ever, I found that Victor and Lena's acting was off, considering what the writers did with their characters, I don't blame them though. "you can beat death but you can't beat me" ? Who wrote that felgercarb ?

the fact that they resolved the prophecy doesn't mean that the finale was good, I stopped caring about anything Rambaldi related since mid season 3, but I still cared about most of the characters, and I stuck with the show for them. the show was about the Spy family, and in the end, Sydney is the only one still standing.

The conclusion of her role as the chosen one was lame at best, and I didn't need yet another girl fight between Sydney an her ennemy du jour, especially if the "ennemy" is the mother who helped her save the world in season 4.

The deaths of the SpyFamily members were all incredibly lame. they treated all the characters like felgercarb, I even feel sorry for Vartan, who had nothing to do in the finale but look good. The decor was cheap, and for the first time ever, I found that Victor and Lena's acting was off, considering what the writers did with their characters, I don't blame them though. "you can beat death but you can't beat me" ? Who wrote that felgercarb ?

Well, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was kind of expecting more from the Chosen One, so I can agree why you think its disappointing. Still, I know its been said a billion times before, but you have to take into consideration that they had five days to write the ending to an incredibly complex show that took a good 5 years to build. I think they did an amazing job with what they had, and even if they had more time, the finale still wasn't as horrible as some people are saying, IMO. What really pisses me off the most is because I know there is at least one good thing about the finale that everyone liked, and because "Oh, they killed Irina!" or "Oh, they killed Jack!" everybody is so bitter about it. Sure, maybe Irina's death did suck, but you can't honestly say that the finale sucked because of one thing. I thought Irina's death could have been better (Well, just the whole "I'm an evil bitch" thing ;) ) Nadia's death was soooo retarded, so I can agree why anyone would be upset there, but I thought Jack's death was completely amazing. The last line was sooooo Jack Bristow, and made me cry so hard.

Lets just agree to disagree, and leave it at that ;)

Didn't you guys read what Spycat79 wrote?

To me, it's just fanwanking. To me, they didn't resolve the prophecy, and even if they did, that was not convincing, nor surprising, nor anything. Whatever...

Now, I just hope they'll tell us what was the original idea for the end in the DVD Bonus.

If, at least, they had an original idea. Because it's been said that the finale was rewritten at the last minute. But I'm not sure they actually had a good idea. I mean, anything would have been better than that felgercarb.

Wow, such negativity going on. I honestly don't see what was so bad with it. I mean I see a couple things that could have obviosuly been better, but I don't see anything that makes it the worst episode ever! Ya, sure Irina died, but she kind of had to. Everything was just so Alias like, and perfect. Sydney got her happy ending, but with some obvious struggles along the way, which is better than all of a sudden her just be happy (very un- Sydney like). And Jack's sacrifice for his daughter is what I expected the entire time, and Sloane got what he deserved! I don't know. I just don't understand why it's so bad. Maybe I'm missing something. I don't know... :blush:

~Andrea :angelic:

I started rewatching the earlier seasons on dvd and have some thoughts for everyone.

In Seaon 2, 6 or 7 nukes are stolen to power a Rambaldi artifact. What is the artifact? A 400-500 year old flower and someone said something - I think it was Jack - about how Rambaldi studied self-sustaining cell something or other. What did that equal? Eternal life. The clock maker lived for how many years? The flower was alive for how many years? Those are huge clues in seasons 1 and 2. If you ask me, the ending is quite consistent.

As far as Irina goes. Are we forgetting the 20+ CIA agents she killed? Are we forgetting the people - her own employees - that she injected with that disease that slowly killed them, the same disease that almost killed Vaughn? Irina always was evil, ruthless, and selfish and the ending falls right in line with the Irina who walked out on her daughter, who spied on and manipulated her husband. She is cold, she is emotionless, she is evil. Period.

One of the main problems with the finale and season 5 is lack of time. Which is ironic given hour two of the finale is called All the Time in the world. That said thats probably why I didn't expect them to answer five years worth of questions in a two hour finale plus a shortened season just doesn't seem like enough time. Now thats not to say I expected non stop felgercarb either for two hours but...I guess you do what you can with what your given.

I'm not sure how I feel about Sydney still being a part time spy. I think I can see her continuing being a spy because I think she realized she did make a difference. And Sydney's rather pro active and has to be a part of things. But on the other hand if she still wanted to be part of the spying world and make a difference why not have her train new agents how to be in the field. This way she could make a difference, be involved but not actually be in the field.

I think one of the points of the finale was that Sydney a) has/and always had a massive saviour complex (someone who feels its their duty to save the world) b) thought the world would fall apart if she didn't go on a mission. I think towards the end Sydney realized there will always be some kind of evil or nefarious organization to take down. And either she's going to be a part of it or she isn't and that the world won't fall apart if she doesn't go on a mission. Jack, Irina, Vaughn and probably lots of other people knew that but because Sydney's is stubborn and strong willed she had to understand that for herself. I like for the most part how that ended I still think I'd rather have seen Sydney teach new agents how to be in the field rather than have her being a part time spy though. And I think she's going to be honest with her children so that if either one of them decide to be a spy or not at least they'll know they have a choice and that they world won't stop if they don't show up to work one day.

As for Irina I still have no idea how I feel. I don't think Irina's character was over romantized or under romantized. Her character was just inconsitent...ambigious/mysterious, good superspymommy, evil spymommy. I like mysterious/ambigious Irina. I think it would've been interesting to have her be mysterious/ambigious til the very end...someone no one will ever quite figure out. And also the finale seriously lacked some Jack/Irina. I'm not saying they should've spent the entire two hour finale on j/i because they shouldn't but some time would've been nice.

Rewatching Season 2 has me wondering how I didn't see the eternal life thing coming from a mile away. Irina mentions rambaldi's obsession with it towards the end of season 2.

I think I've heard the term: self sustaining cell regeneration 3 times now.

How on earth could I have been so blind?

I really liked the finale and I thought it was really well done. There were a few shakey parts but I totally liked it. One of the best episodes ever!!!!!!!! (y)

It wasn't Good.

I voted it was Okay.

Bad Acting from some of the Actors, Bad/No Chemistry Between the 2 Leads.

Sappy/Happy Ending which I though was sweet :love:

But the emotional attachment/care between S/V Vaughn/Dixon and the rest of the Cast.

Bad :(

Not Happy if I could have had another eppy that could have been the Finale it would have been 5.14 it runs circles around this eppy.

We Never really find out if S/V Get Married we just assume that they are, No Hug Really (Between Vaughn and Dixon) just a shake of the Hands and Half a Hug :banghead:

I didn't care for Tom and Rachel's Storyline why not more about S/V?
:Ponder:

Hear me JJ not that he had anything to do with the show in it's last season he was just a name on the Credit's :(

So there you go that's what I thought

^ I don't think the focous was meant to be on Sydney and Vaughn. I think it was more of a Sydney episode. It was her story after all. Vaughn, obviosuly was a big part of her life, but not everything, and I don't think they really could have more of them in it with the two hours they had. I agree, I think a wedding scene would have been nice, but again with time :blink: . It sucked that they had to cut the season short. People would most likely be more satisfied if the season was given the full 22 episodes. A lot more would be explained. Even with the time I think it was an amazing episode. Giving us closure on the show we all love :love:

~Andrea :angelic:

The good:
-the fight between syd/irina, Irina kicked her ass. Syd only won by default because rina is older and that fall took alot out of both of them. But as far as hits/punches goes irina definantly won that fight.lol

-Jack blewing up sloane which kept him trapped in the cave for eternity, and nadia the friendly ghost leaving sloan all alone.lol

-Tom dying, Why oh why couldn't rachael die too???

The Bad:
-Irina dying, All I wanted was for irina to live, that was my only wish. I always knew she was bad, so that didn't bother me, but killing my favorite character off pissed me off MAJORLY. :angry:

-Jack dying, Did he really need to die? All he accomplished is trapping sloane in a cave for a few years until some other psycho rambaldi freak comes looking for rambaldi's body.

-Nadia's death, she came back just to die in the same eppy???

-Sloane still alive, he's done more felgercarb than anyone, yet he gets to live??? BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

-KILLING OFF MY TOP THREE FAVORITE CHARACTERS: IRINA, JACK, AND NADIA. JJ AND CREW YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Overall the eppy was okay though.

Back