Season 5 React: Maternal Instinct

How would you rate "Maternal Instinct"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I loved the ep - not much else to say.

the main reason I'm posting is because they just put the episodes up for downlaod on itunes and here is the description of the ep:

Sydney gives birth to the baby, but Sloane may need something from the newborn. Nadia awakens.

-----uh????? Seriously? WTF?

Sydney gives birth to the baby, but Sloane may need something from the newborn. Nadia awakens.
For real? They might as well say Sloane will perform brain surgery on the baby and Nadia kills Vaughn next episode! Never heard something that inaccurate! iTunes is obviously pretty unreliable.

BTW, is everybody looking forward to next week's episode as much as I am? I'm curious to see how they explain Vaughn being alive. Also, I can't wait to see the previously on Alias for the episode. They shouldn't show how he was shot about a hundred times in the chest with a machine gun. Because nobody can survive that!

So, I just remembered something. In season 2 Jack told Irina that they were still married legally. I wonder if he ever got that taken care of............ I say this because Irina called him her husband in the new episode. How funny would it be if they were still married!!! LOL
They are still married, jack referred to irina as his wife when he had sloane in a choke hold after he thought sloane was the one that set irina up in s4. Then irina referred to jack as her husband in this eppy.

I think he also said in the same episode of season 2 (or the following one) that he got them divorced.
I own season 2 and jack says to irina that they are still married until its anulled, and jack never had it annulled.

For real? They might as well say Sloane will perform brain surgery on the baby and Nadia kills Vaughn next episode! Never heard something that inaccurate! iTunes is obviously pretty unreliable.

BTW, is everybody looking forward to next week's episode as much as I am? I'm curious to see how they explain Vaughn being alive. Also, I can't wait to see the previously on Alias for the episode. They shouldn't show how he was shot about a hundred times in the chest with a machine gun. Because nobody can survive that!

but he did. remember? in the premeire, the surgery was completed, the bullets were removed, he had just lost a lot of blood. they were just waiting and seeing; he probably would have survived if that doctor hadn't walked in with that drink for syd to give him. that's what people don't realize--vaughn had been saved by the time he was laying and talking with syd about names. but the missing piece of the puzzle is what measures syd and jack took to ensure he stayed alive. i'm sure they will reveal that this week or next.

but he did. remember? in the premeire, the surgery was completed, the bullets were removed, he had just lost a lot of blood. they were just waiting and seeing; he probably would have survived if that doctor hadn't walked in with that drink for syd to give him. that's what people don't realize--vaughn had been saved by the time he was laying and talking with syd about names. but the missing piece of the puzzle is what measures syd and jack took to ensure he stayed alive. i'm sure they will reveal that this week or next.
I know he survived it after surgery in the first ep, and that alone was total fiction. He wouldn't stand a chance even if they shot him like that right infront of the surgery team. But he would totally bleed out by the time Syd even dialed 911 (or whatever secret CIA abulance number she has).

I was kinda disappointed. I know it's sad...but I absolutely LOVED the end. :smiley: I just KNEW he wasn't dead! :smiley: there were those little things that made you think "Vaughn's not dead"
Good ending...but I was disappointed that I wasn't on the edge of my seat the whole 2 hours.

Can't wait until next week! yes! Vaughn! and Will! SWEET! :P

I know he survived it after surgery in the first ep, and that alone was total fiction. He wouldn't stand a chance even if they shot him like that right infront of the surgery team. But he would totally bleed out by the time Syd even dialed 911 (or whatever secret CIA abulance number she has).
You both make good points, but it's really not worth debating anymore. What happened...happened, and whether Vaughn's "death" was realistic or not, it doesn't matter anymore. :smiley:

c'mon y'all, it was pretty obvious vaughn wasn't dead. i mean there were so many hints and suggestions we were all screaming at the TV "YES OKAY JJ WE GET IT ALREADY BRING THE STUD BACK ALREADY!" but i have to admit it was a freaking great episode. I can't believe thers only 6 more of THESE types, the original sorts that got all of us so hooked on alias on the first place. Damn ABC. And damn the writers for waiting so long to bring back the kickassiness =D
But my god i am in freaking LOVE with spymommy now, even more than ever if thats even possible?! God i love any episode with the whole spyfamily together =)

No one really ever dies on Alias. It's just a fact. Ok, maybe Lauren but did any of us actually like her anyway. I hate that Damn ABC is killing the show, but hell at least it goes while it's on top.

I rated it a 5/5. It's the best episode this season! I love the whole spyfam mission, has a season 2 feel to it.

I rated it a 5/5. It's the best episode this season! I love the whole spyfam mission, has a season 2 feel to it.

It is true that last two season's plot lines cannot be compared to s1 and s2. Yes, they are out of good ideas and yes, they are making it too dumb coplicated instead of cool and inteligent.

About the birth....well, I really wished they didn't do it like that. In the middle of action, she says "Ehm dad? The baby's coming." What a cliché. It would be a lot better if she just were in a hospital. Still, I liked Irina in those scenes. She was really great.

I didn't expect to see what is the Horizon. I know better than that. They are not showing us for another few episodes. But I found it's location and finding rather stupid. If it's that super important, wouldn't it be hidden better than just in a safe deposit box in a bank? Everybody can steal those!

I didn't notice Vaughn was tide up, and I don't think the monk would call him brother if he was their prisoner. And I still think Syd and Jack hid him there.

I don't think anyone has looked so beautiful in childbirth like Sydney Bristow looked...Jen Garner really portrays Sydney well. Personally, I hope I can look that good giving birth some day! :smiley: What a great episode. I, for one, will never trust Irina Derevko, no matter how many times she tries to be trustworthy.

I just got to watch Maternal Instinct and it was one of my favorite episodes. I love how Irina went back to her daughter. I knew Vaughn was alive already because I researched all of season 5 and read the scripts online and everything while waiting. this is one of the only episodes i have ever seen of season 5 and i cannot wait for the rest. i want to see the bloopers already and stuff like that. vaughn is alive and that does make me happy and peyton played her part SO well and then there is Jack, i loved it and i love alias and it's gonna be over soon! :wails and bangs on the wall and then begs at jj's feet for more:

Back