Season 5 React: Maternal Instinct

How would you rate "Maternal Instinct"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Good comeback.

It's incredible how well this cast works together. Now I'm looking forward to Syd getting back to "work"... Literally.

I LOVED IT..... and I hope that isn't because I haven't seen it in forever.... but it was amazing.....

I'll say this though..... poor Janet's happy place was ruined with spymommy being BAAAAADDDDD...............

She's not BAAAAAAAAADDDDD... she's just not good. ;)

--Mandy :angelic:

oh man. a week ago i was watching prophet five and suddenly i had a realization that both jack and sydney knew that vaughn wasnt dead. sydney was sad b/c she did miss having vaughn around and she didnt know when she'd see him again. but they both knew. i had a theory of how it came about and who knew when. i think jack was in on it and shortly after vaughn "died" he told sydney. i knew that they both knew. and now im excited.

I think I suspected as soon as he sipped from the straw -- right before he flatlined in the hospital.... :lol:

Nobody ever dies on Alias. Ever.
except francie...and danny...and diane...and emily...and lauren...and i'm sure i'm missing some

i'm so excited. i'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight....maybe that's good cuz ive got a huge paper to write....

I never fully let myself believe Vaughn was dead, it was just too difficult. I STILL cry everytime I watch Prophet 5, starting from the scene in the car discussing the baby up until the very end of the funeral. "Dirty Little Secret" kills me.

Now, Maternal Instict was hands down classic Alias at it's best. We had the spy family mission, the evil deception of Irina and Sydney and Jack sticking together when they needed to. Baby Vaughn is beautiful and of course we finally got our answers and saw HIM.

We have so much to wrap in such a short amount of time, but I know they can do it.

O
M
F
G
did anyone else cry as much as i did????? i was FREAKIN HYSTERICAL!!!! i had tears running down my face and i couldnt breathe... i was hyperventilating so bad i got light-headed... all because of that scene with sydney giving birth and saying she missed vaughn and having irina and jack right there... omg that was so intense. omg. asdkljfaskl;dfj omg i cant get over it. my family had to come check on me bc they heard me crying so loudly.

IRINA IS NOT BAD.... SHES NOT GOOD EITHER... SHES JUST ON HER OWN TEAM. BUT SHE LOVES SYD

AND VAUGHN IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEE!!!

k im goign to get a paper bag to breathe in now. holy f***ing god

I think I suspected as soon as he sipped from the straw -- right before he flatlined in the hospital....
i had an inkling but it wasnt until i watched that funeral scene repeatedly that i completely understood. and the scene in the hospital when syd was crying and jack just stood there and stared--i knew he knew. my sister and mom are in europe right now and when i figured it out i sent them the longest email. i wrote a ginormous note to my friend who has never seen an episode of alias. and i told the rest of my family at dinner that night. i was excited. but part of me still thought i was wrong. hence why i'm very excited right now.

Okay, right now I'm having trouble breathing. That was such an insane episode I can't even describe it (not that I have to, considering you all know what I mean when I say ABSOLUTLEY FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!!) There was just so much that was good. Everything was put in perfectly. There were funny moments, there were Sydney moments, there were spy family moments, and (the big finale) IRINA AND VAUGHN ARE BACK. Irina is insane (as we all know), and Vaughn is alive and well, and he has a beautiful baby girl who was delivered by the woman who killed his father :thinking: (oh, how I love the crazy insane world of Alias). I can't wait till next week. It's going to be sooooo good. AHHHHHH< I just can't get over how awesome this episode is. I mean, when I saw Jack and Irina sitting there in Vancouver I liked jumped up "SPY FAMILY AHHHHH!!!!" There is so much I could say right now, but my hands are shaking, so I think I better stop typing now, lol !!!!!!

~Andrea :angelic:

omg, that was an amazing episode. I'll be honest and say that after season 4 (which i didn't think was that great) and the death of Vaughn (or so i thought), i almost gave up on Alias. I was ready to just quit, and then bamm!!! one of the best episodes ever. I can't wait for next weeks ep. I practically jumped up for joy when i saw vaughn's face. And the moment when syd was giving birth was so sweet, and i almost cried. After seeing the previews for next week, with all those familiar faces, it's really going to be a bitter-sweet end to the show, but i have faith it'll be the best last 5 eps ever.

Opening credits are much better with all cast members. For the last episode, they should play the original theme song, not the techno version. Love Dixon's 'do & everything else Dixon! First hour was awesome. I kept saying it out loud: "This is awesome!" Second hour was okay. I agree that Jack & Sydney were too trusting when Irina showed up. I laughed out loud when Sydney said: "I'll shoot her." That was the worst line. Even JG seemed like she was trying not to crack up when she said it.

errgh! Sorry--Im new, but I have to say---
I hated every minute of the last 2 hours, except for the last minute(obviously).ERRGGH!!! First of all, Peyton is the weakest excuse for an evil baddie Ive ever seen. Secondly, The new season 5 agents still havent grown on me-at all- and I dont care about their past or their dead wives! And, hasnt Jack learned--in his world(the Alias world) no one dies. No one. As soon as he blew the bomb by Peyton I houted "Shoother! She's not dead yet!" and as the camera got closer to her I kept muttering, "If her hand dramatically makes a cliched, overdone slight movement, I will officially hate season 5. And guess what? Her hand moved. EERRRGGH!!!! But, don't get me wrong---I was pleased(although not shocked whatsoever) to see that Vaughn is alive. :smiley: Whew-I feel better now that that's off my chest.

I never fully let myself believe Vaughn was dead, it was just too difficult. I STILL cry everytime I watch Prophet 5, starting from the scene in the car discussing the baby up until the very end of the funeral. "Dirty Little Secret" kills me.
whats funny is i didnt cry at all the first time i saw it. i had read spoilers. and i didnt like the episode. i was bored. but when i watched it for the second time, just a week and a half ago, i cried sooo hard. i'm not sure what changed. and i knew vaughn was alive all along. but i was sad.

it sucks how they've waited until the last 6 episodes of alias.. EVER... to start making them kick-ass episodes. if they started doing that back right after season 3... maybe these wouldnt BE the last episodes ever.

oh well. that was still freakin amazing

These are going to be the best 5 episodes EVER.

That said, WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :wtf: :wtf:

Vaughn back? God, the writers fell for the Heart Throbbing Vaughn Lovers.

If he is dead LEAVE HIM DEAD.

Second hour was okay. I agree that Jack & Sydney were to trusting when Irina showed up. I laughed out loud when Sydney said: "I'll shoot her." That was the worst line. Even JG seemed like she was trying not to crack up when she said it.
totally agree. i voted "it was okay" cuz i can see why some ppl would get really excited about it, but honestly not that much happened. i loved the end, but the rest of it was pretty unrealistic and...i think the writers got lazy. and thats ok, i dont think it was any worse than the rest of the season. i was prepared for it. but still, just cuz vaughn's alive doesn't make the episode wonderful. and irina...they couldve just killed her off or something and i would have been happy.

Seriosuly, I hate Irina right now...but I freakin love Lena Olin...she's the bomb actress. ANd Jennifer Garner...awesome too!!!! ANd I officially LOVE JACK!!! He's the man! And Vaughn's alive and he has a kid!!! But Bhutan? Seriousy? Is that even a real place?

errgh! Sorry--Im new, but I have to say---
Secondly, The new season 5 agents still havent grown on me-at all- and I dont care about their past or their dead wives!

i totally agree. thast the only complaint i have about this season... i hate all the new characters lol. and i cant stand irina being bad. she cant be. she just cant. :(

Back