Season 5 React: Maternal Instinct

How would you rate "Maternal Instinct"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Man... amazing episode!!! When Isabelle was coming, and Spy Mommy was coaching, I was in tears! I cried for the last, like 10 minutes of the episode. When Sydney was like "I can't do it!" and when she's like "I want to be with Vaughn! I miss him so much!" that just did it for me. Jennifer Garner did AMAZING! And man, Irina? I think we'll never know what's on that woman's mind. I knew when she went to see Sydney and all that, she would be bad, but I didn't think she try and take the Horizon! I was so happy when she turned around to help Sydney! Man, this episode was SOOOOOOO good!

Wow it was good except as already said, The new agents have not grown on me at all. I really don't want to waste my time watching them.

was it just me but when syd was talking to irina abt vaughn being dead....it didnt seem as though irina thought vaughn was dead. the look she gave syd just made it seem like she knew....i dont know have to go watch it again!!

im kinda annoyed and happy with this show. i agree the whole peyton thing was just stupid. so was syd and ill shoot her. just soo many weak moments. good moments too....like marshal and his forgot to press enter:smiley: and weiss and his pilates:D (sorry i know thats the last ep but seems like the same...

just wish that since it is the end of the best show they would still make the effort to get good lines and proper plots.

i love that vaughn is alive!! even though i still think its hard to believe and they will probably come up w/ a ridiculous way of explaining it. the only other thing that bothered me abt him being alive is the reason...i mean is it cause the show is ending anyway and y not give the vaughn lovers what they want...or would they have had him alive even if the show wasnt ending...

anyway....im goign to stop being logical and just sit back and enjoy!!! hes sooo cute:D!!!!

But Bhutan? Seriousy? Is that even a real place?

yeah it is.

with that being cleared up, OMFG!!!! i was bawling by the end of this episode. i'm nothing but a shaky, insane Eva right now. that episode was a LOT better than what we've seen this season so far. the return of Weiss (he does Pilates! lol), the return of Irina, the return of VAUGHN! just out of this world. i'm glad the story is getting back to the usual spy!stuff and the secrets, deception, and double agents.

the only thing that has me exceptionally ticked off is the conversation between Irina & Sydney before she went into heavy labor. "I knew I would have failed at one or both, so I chose to fail at being a mother." WHY WOULD YOU TELL YOUR DAUGHTER THAT WHEN SHE'S IN LABOR WITH A CHILD OF HER OWN?!?!?!?! that just made me so angry. telling your daughter that she was a means to an end? i wished Sydney would've shot her right then and there. she slightly redeemed herself when she called Marshall, but i still hate her. :angry:

I loved this episode...So much happened and I'm loving that Irinia is back! Not to thrilled about the whole Vaughn thing but whatever :P....

-Andrew

P.S. THe previews for next week seem amazing!! Will is back!!!

I'd just like to say that I absolutely loved the episodes tonight. They were great in their own right, but at the same time, we've been waiting four months. Anything would have been awesome at this point. I don't like Rachel or Tom at all, and quite frankly, I don't really care who he's working for. When that guy called him Peter, and they were talking about the Cardinal, I was like Oh god, here we go...PLOT DEVICE! Seriously, who cares about him. That was pretty crafty of Sloane to get Rachel to cover his tracks. And, she's such an idiot, she just followed blindly along. I swear to god, that girl is a freaking moron. Loved the birth scene. I really want to believe that Irina has Sydney's best interests at heart, but she was being so shady I just don't know if we can trust her. She is right about one thing though. Sydney will have to make a choice. As soon as all this Prophet 5 felgercarb is over, I say she and Vaughn head to a deserted island and live happily ever after. Also, I don't think he can walk. The way he was standing in that 1.5 second shot of him, plus the fact that he was shot like 800 times, makes me believe that he did not escape all of this unscathed. Even though I knew he was alive, it still made me ridiculously happy to see him. I'll admit it, I girly-screamed. I'm not ashamed. :D Can't wait for next week and the yummy Will and Anna action!

I can't believe I just joined a message group to talk about a tv show... One that is in it's last season, no less. Talk about being late to a party! :blush:

Honestly, this was not the very best episode of Alias. But it was better than most of the last, oh, season and a half. Like many of you, I resolved to stick with the show to its bitter end, even if I hated every last minute of it. It's that same resolution you have when you are more than half way through a bad book and you realize it will not get better as it goes along... you can't put it down. You have too much time invested in the story. You simply have to see how it all turns out.

Misc. Points:

What can I say about the cliff hanger that hasn't already been said? It was predictable... but VERY gratifying. (y)

Why didn't the team just call Weiss in the first freakin' place? Seriously. Talk about mismanagement of their time and resources. They had a source - an in - they should have used it. :confused:

How many times do I have to tell you spies this... never leave a bad guy in a state that is anything less than dismembered or disfigured. Moral fiber, like real fiber, will only get you in the rear later on. Jack knows better. It would have taken, like, three seconds to shoot Fred - er, whatever-her-name-is-on-Alias. Please. Distracted or not, I am disappointed in such a rookie mistake coming from SpyDaddy.

I have to admit it. Syd is just too cute with her scrunched up face during labor pains. Brat.

Dixon's do is cool. Marshall is fun as ever. Rachel's cute, but dispensable. Tom's predictably coy and up to something. Sloane's troubled and being put in his place by his new master. (Gotta love that piece of poetic justice!)

And previews for the next few eps look fantastic. Looks like Alias might go out on a high note!

All I have to say is can I look like lena olin when I get older, that woman was hot in this eppy. Loved the fact that she killed 5 people in one episode. :D Her betrayal of jack/syd this quickly was way too obvious, theres definantly something fishy going on here. If sloane and rina aren't the big dogs of prophet 5 who is???? My guess is either Katya or bill vaughn, those are the only two that make sense unless of course rina is lying about prophet 5 and she's really the big dog.

LOVED THE EP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a female...no lesbian...but yes...I wish I will look like Irina when I'm older...she looked good!!!!

I love spoilers...but I wish they didn't give any clips or pictures of Vaughn. I was disapointed about that.

I LOVE THAT SYD KNOWS HE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

:D

They end, where Jack and Syd were holding the baby was cute.

And the way Sydney was like "Dad." "I'll take care of it!"

SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't WAIT until Vaughn returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new agents have not grown on me at all. I really don't want to waste my time watching them.
:lol: ha i totally agree. when i was watching them tonight i was like "if this was a dvd i'd be fastforwarding right now."

ok ive developed my opinion a little more. i think it was a decent episode in that it kept you on the edge of the couch. it was somewhat exciting because of that. but overall i dont think much happened and i dont think it contributed much to alias as a series. theyre just trying to tie up loose ends and in some areas the writers are doing okay, but in others they seem like theyre not putting enough effort into it.

All I have to say is can I look like lena olin when I get older, that woman was hot in this eppy. Loved the fact that she killed 5 people in one episode. :D Her betrayal of jack/syd this quickly was way too obvious, theres definantly something fishy going on here. If sloane and rina aren't the big dogs of prophet 5 who is???? My guess is either Katya or bill vaughn, those are the only two that make sense unless of course rina is lying about prophet 5 and she's really the big dog.

I think its spy daddy and mommy.....it obviously has to be someone we already know.....

One of my favorite parts of this episode was the helicopter explosion. It was really impressive, and I loved how they showed Peyton walking away and the flaming helicopter carcass falling behind her. I actually really like Peyton, just because she doesn't seem like a likely candidate for a villain at all. And I like the dialogue between her and Sydney -- it's all very catty.

Okay I'm not trying to be mean but did you guys really think vaughn was dead, I never thought he was dead therefore seeing him today was just same old same old for me.

I think its spy daddy and mommy.....it obviously has to be someone we already know.....
thats an interesting theory, that would totally explain why I thought all their scenes were staged by them. An as for the new agents I like peyton and renee, but rachael and tom gots to go talk about borriiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!!!!!

The episode was awesome!
I think that Jack and Syd did trust Irina too much when she got there, but I think they are doing good of keeping the whole Vaughn alive thing under good wraps. I wonder who else knows about it.
The scene at the end with Syd and Jack was cute and the half of a second shot of Vaughn was nice, but I can't wait till he is back for good.

LOVED THE EP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a female...no lesbian...but yes...I wish I will look like Irina when I'm older...she looked good!!!!

I love spoilers...but I wish they didn't give any clips or pictures of Vaughn. I was disapointed about that.

I LOVE THAT SYD KNOWS HE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

:D

They end, where Jack and Syd were holding the baby was cute.

And the way Sydney was like "Dad." "I'll take care of it!"

SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't WAIT until Vaughn returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok, I'M AN IDIOT,BUT I DIDN'T GET SPYDADDY TELLING SYD HE'D TAKE CARE OF IT! TAKE CARE OF WHAT?????????? SOMEBODY FILL ME IN QUICK!!!!!! BY THE WAY, AWSOME EPISODE, CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!!!!!! :D :P :cool:

hahah!! Peyton got her ass kicked! :lol: :lol:

She's like "I wanna be on the beach, vaughn is there... i miss him" i was like, well, he is alive, so thats a possibility!

Irina, ok, cold heartless bi***. WTF was up with her??

I thought the epidode was amazing. I have been waiting for Alias to come back for so long. Any episode that has irina in it is a favorite of mine. I guess I can add this one to my list. I loved the looks between irina and jack and the warm moments between sydney and irina. I hope they make her a good guy in the end. Maybe even put her back with jack. I mean........a girl can hope.

ok, I'M AN IDIOT,BUT I DIDN'T GET SPYDADDY TELLING SYD HE'D TAKE CARE OF IT! TAKE CARE OF WHAT?????????? SOMEBODY FILL ME IN QUICK!!!!!! BY THE WAY, AWSOME EPISODE, CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!!!!!! :D :P :cool:

The implication was Sydney was asking her father to let Naughn know that he now has a daughter. The man on horseback was riding to the Buddist monastery suggests that he was going to deliver Jack's message to the abbot.

This episode was amazingly good, except for the end. It shows that Mike wasn't needed any longer, then they bring him back! :confused:

No surprise to see Mike at the end. I'd like Naughn turn out to be evil, but the writers don't have the courage to have a major revelation like that. Even Mike said that he'd like to be evil because bad guys have the best parts. :P

I totally agree with you about Lena olin. The woman is awesome, she makes the episodes better. The tension and looks between her and jack are priceless. I really hope they make her good in the end. Her and jack working together would be the best ending .

yeah it is.

with that being cleared up, OMFG!!!! i was bawling by the end of this episode. i'm nothing but a shaky, insane Eva right now. that episode was a LOT better than what we've seen this season so far. the return of Weiss (he does Pilates! lol), the return of Irina, the return of VAUGHN! just out of this world. i'm glad the story is getting back to the usual spy!stuff and the secrets, deception, and double agents.

the only thing that has me exceptionally ticked off is the conversation between Irina & Sydney before she went into heavy labor. "I knew I would have failed at one or both, so I chose to fail at being a mother." WHY WOULD YOU TELL YOUR DAUGHTER THAT WHEN SHE'S IN LABOR WITH A CHILD OF HER OWN?!?!?!?! that just made me so angry. telling your daughter that she was a means to an end? i wished Sydney would've shot her right then and there. she slightly redeemed herself when she called Marshall, but i still hate her. :angry:

you cant hate her
:(

you just have to keep saying over and over... shes got something planned... in the end all that matters is her and syd love each other.. and who cares if shes with the good or bad guys or not

Back