Season 5 React: Maternal Instinct

How would you rate "Maternal Instinct"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
you cant hate her
:(

you just have to keep saying over and over... shes got something planned... in the end all that matters is her and syd love each other.. and who cares if shes with the good or bad guys or not

i can too hate her. she makes me angry because my heart broke for Syd when Irina was telling her that she was basically created from an order by the KGB and her mother never wanted her, so she chose to remain loyal to her agency instead of the child she created. it's a sad thing. but i did sort of appreciate that she did the right thing and called APO for Sydney & Jack's extraction. and she told them to bring diapers. lol.

ok, so i'm not so into the rachel and tom grace deal either. however - i don't think they're just going to randomly start throwing in some new undeveloped plot with tom/peter and the cardinal. that is going to have something to do with the rest of everything going on. he's apparently a double agent infiltrated into APO. that makes sense to me. he played off remorse for the death of his wife as the excuse for the info that he got - when clearly his dead wife was the last thing on his mind.

next - irina. yes, truth takes time. and yes, sydney does want it to be simple. and even though irina chose to fail at being a mother - she still made time when it really mattered. which is interesting. my first instinct is to of course hate and distrust her. but she came through where and when it was really important. there's obviosly a higher agenda that she is tending to... and apparently that truth will take more time. speaking of irina and trust... i think that it's normal that jack and syd would've trusted her so easily. last time we saw her she had helped them with the mueller device disaster and they let her go. recognizing the goodness that she possessed when helping take out elayna. at the same time, though... she said that prophet 5 has been around for 30 years.. she's known about it for at least that long... even though it'd been on a sort of hiatus for a long while.. but the structure sounds to be somewhat like the alliance. i've often thought that perhaps all of this is some huge elaborate plot to get the bristow family out of the world of espionage forever.. but there are so many twists and turns.. you just don't know what JJ has dreamed up next! anyway... so what else do we know about prophet 5? they're still after some rambaldi plot, right? vaughn's been researching it with renee for years.. his dad was somehow involved (having been a follower of rambaldi) and changed their names and location and family and everything in order to protect his family from prophet 5. it seems as though irina plays a high ranking role within prophet 5.. however, peyton (the dumb whorebag) didn't trust her enough to retrieve the horizon. that's not the behavior of someone that works for someone.. that's the behavior of someone competing for more glory... so... it will be interesting to see the resolution of all of this!

and next week! yeah, baby! i heart will. and anna puts him in danger, and yes, there really is only one sydney bristow and she's about to kick some espinoza a$$ to save her beloved friend will! haha the other day i thought of the episode in season three and will says, "i'm here. she's here. we made it!" teehee. anyway...

lastly.. vaughn.. lovely, beautiful, hot hot hottie mchottie rock my body vaughn Ü we've been told from the beginning that fans were overreacting and that the plot was never to really kill vaughn off. they've kept their promise. in the meantime, the storyline gave michael vartan the opportunity to make a film (rogue) while maintaining a spot on alias. it may not have been the best choice for the future of alias.. but all good things must come to an end.. and i'm an optomist (and loyalist for that matter). so i totally believe that we won't be disappointed over the last 5 episodes!!!! sydney and vaughn forever!!!!

Maternal Instinct is a great episode!! I give it a 4!!

LOS ANGELES -- I have to admit, it's nice to see Devlin at APO. I just always liked him as a character, and I hope he sticks around for a while. For those of you that complain about Tom, I'm not quite ready to agree with you about how you feel about him. If his "secret" life (Peter? The Cardinal?) has something to do with the CIA or APO, then that will get me more interested in his character. As for Rachel, I've already warmed to her, probably because of her past and current issues of this season, and because she seems so much more welcome at APO than Tom is. Sounds like Sloane is going to have a few issues to deal with involving his underground contacts, which will be nice to see in upcoming episodes.

PARIS -- I just loved this scene of Dixon and Renee in the parking garage. Renee was so hip and cool with her blonde hair and skimpy clothes, and they used a unique way of getting information out of the bad man (didn't catch his name). Not only was his life in danger, his car was too, and he seemed to care more about it than he did for himself. Anyway, that scene went over well for me. Hopefully we get some more stylish scenes like that in the coming weeks.

VANCOUVER -- While it seems that Jack and Sydney trust Irina a little too much in this episode, it doesn't really seem to hurt the quality of it. I mean, without Irina's help, would Jack and Sydney be able to devise a good plan to get into the Vancouver bank? I'm not sure, but I guess having Irina along with them is worth the risk. The birth of Sydney's baby was interesting, but it lacked danger. I thought there was going to be a whole lot of action going on during the birth, but it was just a sweet family moment, and that's okay too. Also, I love how Kelly Peyton blows up that helicopter, just to turn her back to it as it falls to the ground. I think Amy Acker mostly plays a good bad guy, it's just the way she acts things sometimes that doesn't quite show a whole lot of evilness, and that's not too big of a deal. Now, the moving of the fingers after she got knocked down, that's kind of a big deal. Originality is not what Alias is supposed to contain, so hopefully things get a little more unique in the next few episodes.

BHUTAN -- I pretty much knew that Vaughn was still alive ever since he "died" in the season premiere, but seeing him in a place like this is kind of strange. I guess, to keep him hidden, he had to be put in a very remote location. I also think that Vaughn looked a little disabled when we got that shot of him. It'll be interesting to find out what's really going on with him.

NEXT:
Now remember, we only have one week in between episodes now, not 4 months. lol Anyway, next week's episode (There's Only One Sydney Bristow) looks pretty cool, but I hope it's not a self-contained episode used for an excuse to bring Will and Anna back. We had our share of those kind of episodes last season, so it'd be a shame to do it again. Let's hope for the best!! I can't wait!!

Awesome episode...but I am not convinced that Irena is this evil witch. As she told Sydney it's more complicated. I think that Irena has her own agenda (what ever it is), but part of it is to protect Sydney and her baby. What the rest it well...we all know...the truth takes time.

This episode proves one thing... never go on a spy mission without a rocket launcher. Yah never know if you're gonna have to shoot down a helicopter.

All I have to say is........FINALLY! Alias has been gone way too long and so has Vaughn. I knew from the beginning he wasn't dead. Killing a character like Vaughn off like that would be way too easy for Alias. We all know that the writers like to make things way more complicated than they seem.

They better answer some questions that have remained unanswered from season one or these last five episodes are going to be frustrating!

I don't want it to end, but I also can't wait for some closure. This show has kept me on my feet for five years and I hope these last five episodes are shocking!

This episode was just great. I loved SpyFam in action, even if Irina is kinda bad. I still don't believe Irina is evil. And if she is, I love her anyways. I can be in denial, but whatever. Like when she came back to Sydney when she saw how much pain her daughter was in. I started tearing up. And when the baby was born. And I also knew from Jack and Syd's expressions that it was about Vaughn. And then I squeed. I knew Vaughn wasn't dead all along, I just knew it. I never lost faith in Alias, even when quite a few people have, which means I FRELLIN' LOVED THIS EPISODE!

Oh! I also loved that they were in Vancouver, especially since I was there a week ago today! :smiley:

OMG I LOVED THE EP!!! THERE R SO MANY THINGS I LOVED ABOUT IT BUT THE BEST WAS AT THE END WHEN THE MUSIC STARTED. YOU KNOW THE CLASSIC SYD AND VAUGHN THEME, PLAYED MANY TIMES OVER THE YEARS. BEST USED WHEN THEY FIRST KISSED IN PHANE ONE. EVERY TIME I HEAR IT, IT JUST BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES!!! SO I'M SITTING THERE WATCHING IT ( NOT TIL 2 CUZ I HAD TO WORK TIL 1:30, SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE DAY OFF!!!) AND THEN THE MUSIC STARTS AND TEARS JUST ROLLED DOWN MY FACE CUZ I JUST KNEW RIGHT THEN VAUGHN WAS ALIVE, I KNEW ALL ALONG HE HAD TO BE BUT IT WAS JUST GREAT TO REALLY KNOW! I LOVE HOW I COULD JUST TELL BEFORE THE CHAR. SAID ANYTHING AND JUST BECAUSE OF THE MUSIC! AND OMG THE LOOK THAT JACK AND SYD GAVE EACHOTHER AND HOW HE SAID HE WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT .UHHH SOOOO GOOOOOOD. A TRUE ALIAS EP!!!

Great episode!!

So is both Sloane and Grace working for the Cardinal?

Now I really wonder what Irina's agenda is, is she really that bad?

Aww and they back on the plane, Jack holding his grandchild ;)

5. I can't reply to everything right now, but I'm so damn smart. I predicted almost the whole episode. Especially the end.

ok i gotta say - one of the best eppys
but i'm about two seconds from going crazy on irina derevko's ass
SPY MOMMY BETRAYED US ALL!!!!!!
GAHHH
how could she kill vaughn?! HOW!!!!
F****!!! ahhhhhhhhhh im sooooooo pissed
i just loved her so much and then she did this?! what happened to the fact that she loved sydney - SHES SUPPOSED TO LOVE HER
i swear to god her only redeeming quality is that she called Jack her husband :smiley:wub: to toasters :D)
but GRRRRRRR!!

OMG I LOVED IT!!!
HA I knew Vaughn wasn't dead from the minute I saw the part at the funeral where Syd and Jack just looked at each other and she raised her eyebrow!!!! It was the same look thing that they did last night on the plane!!!! :woot: :woot:

The only thing that made me mad was that I knew he was going to be in last nights episode so I kept waiting and waiting...and he was only on for like 3 seconds!! But I am glad he's back!! I was glad to know that Syd knew he was alive so she won't be all mad at Jack!!!

AHH not really liking Irina at the moment!! I screamed when she said she didn't want a daughter and all of the other mean felgercarb she said!! That was just way to harsh!!! My mom even yelled out "cold Hard Bitch" :lol:

I have so many more things to say about this episode, but I would be here all day!! So I will just Say....FRICKEN AWESOM!!!! :D :woot:

INCREDIBLE episode. Absolutely I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E.

I couldn't have asked for more from Alias' return! I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish (not as much in S.O.S. but still quite a bit)!!!

Jennifer Garner's acting was at its absolute best in this episode. Her honest and vulnerable performance as Sydney in labor was probably the best performance an actress has EVER portrayed on television EVER. And I mean it. If there is no Emmy love this year, I will start an uprising!

And how about that Spymommy? Just ridiculously amazing. The writers were very sharp writing her back into the series (and yes, kids, I knew she was a big baddie all along ;)). While I doubt we'll see Emmy love for her, she definitely deserves some.

Two words. KELLY. PEYTON. Vah-vah-vooom. Now there's badass, there's really, really badass, and then there's Kelly Peyton. She really stepped up her performance this episode. Again... incredible. I'm just speechless.

But really. Everyone was on top of their game today... the actors, the writers, the director, the cinematographers, the stunts, the action, the drama... just EVERYTHING.

Did I say this episode was incredible? It really, really was.

YESSSS!

This is the wonderful Alias episode I've been waiting for. Finally... it came... may the rest be as good as this, especially the whole part of the birth... I want to be on a beach. With Vaughn. That part nearly made me cry.

:woot:

it sucks how they've waited until the last 6 episodes of alias.. EVER... to start making them kick-ass episodes. if they started doing that back right after season 3... maybe these wouldnt BE the last episodes ever.

oh well. that was still freakin amazing

man, i have been waiting for someone to think the same thing as me...the last 2 seasons were not up to snuff..this season has been "ok".

it was great! vaughn is alive! awww she had a baby girl. the conversation b/t syd and dixion was cute. and when rachel ran into that door that was funny. Marshal was great too. Irina she is so evil!

OMFG

that was the best thing to pep up alias fans after nearly 4 months of neglect.

That was the best episode I've seen since the very first one.

Irina...I'm nt sure about her. it's obvious she really DOES Care about Sydney, but not enough to become totally legit for her either.

Spyfamily action! I loved the whole birth scene, it was sweet, genuine and Jen was brilliant in it. Vaughn on a beach...honey, your dream may come true!

Rachel has grown on me, but she seems to be only really important in hacking computers, and going on Missions Sydney couldn't. I like her as a character, but I want to see her developed a bit more.

the Grace guy? Give me a break. that eyebrow scar is a little sexy, but other then that, I just can't seem to take him serously.

Vaughny is back. I knew he'd come back once I saw that "Love never died" promo. Predictable.

I kind of feel they crammed so much in the last 5 minutes of this episode, it just blew my mind. I kept looking at my watch, wondering how in heck they'd get vaugn into this episode, when POOF they did.

I was like "But wait! the baby's born in the 99th, so how are they going to do all that in 2 minutes?

I've learned to never doubt Alias writers, and they did it.

I thought it was a little funny when Spymommy's telling Sydney to give her the gun because a guard was coming and Sydney wouldn't, but she's struggling through a contraction and just hands it to Spymommy. I'm weird like that.

"I'll shoot her" yeah right Syd.
:blush:

we luv ya anyway, and Irina will redeem herself eventually.

i hope...

I'm sooo glad that Alias is finally back!!!

I knew Vaughn would be back thought...just didnt know when...at Vaughn's funeral when they were putting the casket into the car, Sydney and Jack shared a look, and i knew from then!!! And even though Sydney always talked about missing Vaughn it was because she did...cuz she cudnt see him, and also cuz everyone else aside from Jack and Sydney were supposed to beleive he was dead!! Sydney hardly ever said that Vaughn was "dead"....that always gave me hope...she always just said she missed him and "cudnt do it without him"!!

but aside from the whole Vaughn thing....I CAN'T BELIEVE IRINA IS BADDDDDD!!!!....well bad-ish haha....i really thought she would end up being good....theres still hope i guess....i just cant wait to see more of Vaughn!
I really hope Sark comes back for an episode or 2 as well....

Back