Season 5 React: Maternal Instinct

How would you rate "Maternal Instinct"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I'm sooo Happy that Alias is Back!

I'm sooo Sad that Alias is almost over!

Having said that (they say that a lot in Alias) this ep did start a little slow but continued to build and that's what makes Alias such a great show. Sure, some of the lines are corny, sure some of the storylines are out there, sure they get in and out of situations like it's a given....but it's Alias....it really is make believe! And that's what makes it what it is!

How could you not love (to hate) SpyMommy???? Is she not the baddest byotch ever???? I would love to have seen Syd react with some raw emotion (less crying) and just start screeming at her about how she is such a well you know. I remember back in season one and two how Syd would get angry and really let it show.

I'm so looking forward to the remaining eps, I hope it's a little less Rachael, Tom, and Kelly although good, I just don't want to waste precious time with them. And what the hell, what's up with Sloane? Good or Evil?

My expectations are riding so high on the remaining eps, I know they won't disappoint us Alias Fans!

This was such a good episode! VAUGHN IS ALIVE!!! and I thought that was the cutest thing how Irina delivered Sydney's baby. I love their relationship and I know that whatever she is doing is in Syd's best intereest, even if it doesnt seem so right now. The only thing I was sad about is that in the Alias magazine I subscribe to it said Nadia was going to wake up, and they didnt show her. Her, Irina, and Sydney are my favorite characters and I think it would have been that much better if they included Nadia. Overall, it was one of my favorite episodes!!!

WELCOME BACK ALIAS

OMG! "S.O.S." & "Maternal Instinct" were just so wondeful episodes. Everyhting was there. The spyfamily, action, comical parts mostly provided my Marshall, it worked.
Lol, Jack the coolest person alive. When the guy's phone rang Jack didn't hesitate for a second to shoot him:P And he put another one into the guy and broke his nose. Jack's just so kickass.
Also, I can't see why some are not liking the spymommy being a bit evil. She alway was and it wasn't like she tried to harm Syd. Also, it was really funny when Syd entered the room saying "Peyton's here" and found his parents fighting.:D
So basically these two episodes were the best of the season.
BECAUSE VAUGHN IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just so happy.
Syd and Vaughn have to get together. They have been through enough already.
Also, Amy Acker rocks. It was great how Peyton blew up the helicopter and then walked away from the window like nothing had just happened(burning helicopter rubble falling down behind the windows) :cool:
I sure was glad to see Amy in the opening credits.

I liked this episode, especially the part when they played a family in the bank! So funny! I love the three of them together., But I agree that Jack and Syd were a little too trusting of Irina too fast. Unless Jack knows something we dont yet. That happens alot! And I think Irina is still good. she has been portrayed as bad before when what she was really doing was protecting Syd. I dont know though. I think she may want the baby because she wants to protect it from something Prophet 5 wants to do. I didnt like the "I'll shoot her" line either. I bet Jen didnt know how to deliver it because it seemed out of place. I love her though! The birth scene was a lot unbelievable but even Jen said it had to be created for TV not real life so I was ok with it. It did have the Alias feel a little from previous seasons. For a couple of episodes it felt different somehow this season. Now it seems to be back on track. I cant wait to see next weeks!

:woot: 3 WORDS FOR THIS EPISODE: VAUGHN IS ALIVE!! I knew it! Sometimes I forget how much I love Jack! I love where Syd say's" Vaughn never trusted you" in regaurds to Irina! I think that sometimes we all forget that she has always been evil. LOL She always has an ultimate goal and will do whatever it takes to get it!

hmm....the whole irina saying the truth takes time and things arent simple...is really getting to me.

i was thinking...maybe she is working w/ the bad guys to get to the thing first and help end everything. maybe this thing is anohter rambaldi prophecy thing that hasnt been uncovered yet and could harm syd. and the only way to get to it is by staying w/ the bad guys. the only thing i cant fig out is y she doesnt just tell syd abt it....for that all i can think is perhaps to stop this device she has to sacrifice herself and doesnt think syd wud let her do that? any thoughts guys?

i cant wait for more eps...and at the same time sad that the more eps we see means the less eps we have left:(

I know this comment will probably make everyone freak out, because everyone loved this episode. I however didn't really like it. I mean, it was OK. I expected it to be way better, maybe I just set my expectations too high. I liked it in general, I just didn't love it. I thought the whole birth thing was a little unrealistic though. Not because they weren't in a hospital or anything like that, but just because it was so quick. I don't know, I mean, of course they had to make it fit in the allowed time, but maybe after she started pushing or saying I wanna be with Vaughn on the beach they could've done a flashback, or maybe just gone to a different part of the episode to make it seem longer. I think the thing was, for me anyways, I just expected it to be bigger, and more, I don't know, more action I guess. I guess I just feel this way because in this 2 hour episode there was less action then there is in most 1 hour ones. Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode, I just think they could've done better. I am happy of course that Vaughn is alive, and that Syd had the baby. Also, I loved that Weiss came back, and that Marshall went on a mission. And, I always love Jack, so seeing him 'undercover' and in the CIA headquarters, being Jack was great. I do agree, Syd and Jack were way too trusting however. The whole Tom thing was a little weird though. And, Dixon's braids were bothering me, lol. All in all, the episode was good, but not great for me. I just hope that next week's is better, which I'm sure it will be.

I wish there was a little more to the episode. It seemed that it lacked something, but I still thought it was wonderful. Vaughn is back!!! :smiley:

I thought though that we should've seen more of Vaughn in the episode, but I liked how Sydney and Jack was hiding Vaughn the whole time from others

I really enjoyed both episodes, some parts seemed a little rushed but overall i thought it was great. The highlights for me were:

1. VAUGHNS BACK!! But what had surprised me was that Syd was in on it!! But i love how it was done and how much Vaughn was smiling when he found out that he had a girl. Awwww

2. Jack being a badass. Loved it when he shot the CIA head of a division (can't remember his name) It was so Jack.

3. Seeing Irina again. Irina is such a mystery, is she good, bad? Hopefullt we'll find out what TRUTH TAKES TIME means soon!!

4. Renee and Dixon. I thought they made a good partnership and It was hilarious when they strapped the Jean onto the car.

5. Seeing Weiss again. Hes so cool, but i really would have liked to have seen him longer.

6. VAUGHNS BACK. I realise i have already said this but Im just really happy to see him again.

But i really enjoyed the eps! Next weeks episode looks crazy....hopefully there'll be more of a smiling Vaughn.

A few thoughts:

Bad Irina is so much better than super mommy Irina. Didn't like it last season when she was all good.

I don't remember who said it earlier in the thread (and I'm too lazy to hit the back button), but whoever said that the cardinal plot was going to be involved with everything already going on is right on the money. No way that the writers bring in some unrelated plot with only 5 episodes left. The question then is who is the cardinal? $5 says we already know him - or her. I have a feeling that the cardinal is not a part of prophet 5 - and neither is Tom. Means that the cardinal is someone independent, who has a taste for working on his or her own thing . . . I initially thought that maybe Devlin could be the cardinal, but now . . . Could that someone be Sark??

I watched the most important parts ower and I came to this... How did the munks know that Sydney had a girl. Only way is following: Irina gaved them the intel. She and Vaughn are working together. If i am crazzzzzzzy then say it........

And these eps.... they where soooo amazing. I can't even think that tehere are only 6 eps left. ALIAS IS BACK!!!!

LAST NIGHT'S EPPISODE WAS JUST LIKE THE OLD ALIAS I KNOW! Kudos to the producers and everyone for making it the way it's supposed to be...aloof and complicated!...I LOVE IT!

I know that Irina is good...however twisted it may sound...she has something up her sleeve! I have a BIG feeling that her and Jack are working together right now. I'm just really curious as to where this is all gonna go. Irina is the head of profit five...no doubt about it. When she said to Syd at the house that profit 5 was looking for the right person to head their program...she had a look in her eye that said THAT LEADER IS ME! Profit 5 wanted Irina because she and Syd were thought to have been (and Syd was) the woman in the drawing.

So yeah...they wanted Irina cuz of the direct link to Rambaldi. All of it takes time as Irina said...When Irina told Syd the truth (as to the reason she was born) it was Irina trying to be honest-it wasn't meant to hurt Syd, (even though it no doubt is hurtfull, and Irina no doubt knew that) but she also told Syd that she made a huge mistake, and you can tell that Irina does love Sydney and wants to help her.

I watched the most important parts ower and I came to this... How did the munks know that Sydney had a girl. Only way is following: Irina gaved them the intel. She and Vaughn are working together. If i am crazzzzzzzy then say it........
And these eps.... they where soooo amazing. I can't even think that tehere are only 6 eps left. ALIAS IS BACK!!!!
I think Jack told the monks cause at the end,
when Jack was holding his granddaughter Syd said,
"Dad" and Jack said "I'll take care of it" then we see
Vaughn find out he has a daughter

to bad i thought irina would turn out to be good but vaugh's alive i knew he had to be but y fake his death in the 1st place? and jack smiled

I Like Rachel, but Tom's character never developed, and now it feels like the writers are trying to cram in a plot for him at the last min. Jack hired him for a reason, so I am guessing we will learn why in the next five episodes.

I know Irena has always played the off again on again bad guy but this time around her evilness just felt darker then ever before. almost like we were watching another clone. Maybe its just me.

I loved marshal’s lines, he has yet to make me laugh in any given episode. Dixon finally had some fun lines, I felt for the longest time that they weren’t using Carol to the best of his ability, but last night was a huge improvement. He was awesome!

Jack was such a sweet spy daddy. What a huge change in his character if you compare his cold relationship with Syd in season 1 till now. Loven it!

and just because I am a dork, the blanket they have baby Vaughn wrapped up in at the end on the plane, You can buy that blanket at Target for $14.99. It is from the Tiddlywinks collection, and is called Safari Como. I know because we bought the same one for our two week old little boy. (revert eyes to my Ava) So ya if any one wants the same blanket, go to Target.

okay I think I am done for now.

A few thoughts:

Bad Irina is so much better than super mommy Irina. Didn't like it last season when she was all good.

I don't remember who said it earlier in the thread (and I'm too lazy to hit the back button), but whoever said that the cardinal plot was going to be involved with everything already going on is right on the money. No way that the writers bring in some unrelated plot with only 5 episodes left. The question then is who is the cardinal? $5 says we already know him - or her. I have a feeling that the cardinal is not a part of prophet 5 - and neither is Tom. Means that the cardinal is someone independent, who has a taste for working on his or her own thing . . . I initially thought that maybe Devlin could be the cardinal, but now . . . Could that someone be Sark??

if it is someone we know....devlin does seem like a good candidate...he did sound a bit uneasy when spydaddy was ready to shoot someone.....maybe hes somehow related.

or maybe it might not get resolved...if it does have nothing to do w/ the rest of the plot.....instead they might be trying to develop it to make a spinoff?

if it is someone we know....devlin does seem like a good candidate...he did sound a bit uneasy when spydaddy was ready to shoot someone.....maybe hes somehow related.
or maybe it might not get resolved...if it does have nothing to do w/ the rest of the plot.....instead they might be trying to develop it to make a spinoff?

That is true . . . And Devlin did show up rather quickly at APO after Tom called for the cardinal (that was my first clue). As far as the uneasiness, I was actually expecting Devlin's phone to ring when Jack was looking for someone to shoot.

A spinoff is a possibility, but I haven't heard anything in the wires. Not that it means anything for me to not hear of production plans. I'm a scientist, not a hollywood guy.

Most of us want to see a "good" Irina -- and like Jack and Syd, we can get to believing it. But sure she was a bitch for saying Sydney was "a mean to an end", but it sure made Sydney's labor go much quicker.

I think Irina knew she couldn't excel at both being a mother and agent, but she would obviously take an agent if it meant saving her daughter. Does anyone get what I'm trying to say?

Anyways...last night eppy was a lot like old Alias -- fast paced and action packed.

I'm not all thrilled with the new agent -- frankly they seem so out of place...but maybe its just me.

Oh my god! How amazing was that eppy?! Irina and Jack's minifigght...her bra ;) haha. The scene where Syd +Irina were alone together was such a tearjerker..how she didn't want a child and she chose to fail at being a mother. and when irina delivered the baby she's like 'you have a baby girl...' it was soo sad. and now she's gone again!!! i waited for so long for her to come back and she's gone again... :( but it was an amazing eppy.....

xO aRiaNNa

Back