Season 5 React: Out of the Box

What would you rate "Out of the Box"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Ok, I missed some of the details because my kids were wrestling with their daddy and they were being loud!!! However, I couldn't complain because they put the show on BEFORE any kids go to bed, at least here in Colorado....
Anyhow, so who is this doctor dude? And why is he doubled as Renee's dad? What really happened to Renee's dad? And he said that she calls herself Renee Rienne... so is she really the daughter of the original guy? Was she genuinely working with Vaughn for what they thought, or was she playing him? And most importantly... what does this mean about Vaughn's dad??? I know that supposedly Irina Derevko killed him, but I'm not sure that's really the case... maybe these Prophet Five people did. (At least I'm hoping, I mean look at my name... :smiley:).

Anyhow, so who is this doctor dude? And why is he doubled as Renee's dad? What really happened to Renee's dad? And he said that she calls herself Renee Rienne... so is she really the daughter of the original guy? Was she genuinely working with Vaughn for what they thought, or was she playing him? And most importantly... what does this mean about Vaughn's dad??? I know that supposedly Irina Derevko killed him, but I'm not sure that's really the case... maybe these Prophet Five people did. (At least I'm hoping, I mean look at my name... :smiley:).

It seems like this guy had a brain transplant with Renee's dad so that he could have a different body but the same brain (but that's just my guess). Then he froze himself to live longer the problem with my theory is if you we're looking for a new body someone younger would have been a better choice.

Oh wait yeah maybe there was a complication because they took him while he was still young
I don't know I'll shut up

I don't know. This season is good, but usually I can't get my focus away from the TV when Alais is on, but at points during this episode I could feel myself not paying attention as much. I liked the whole thing with Sloane and the senator. It just shows how creepy he really is, lol. I really miss the old cast. I don't mind the new poeple, but it kind of depresses me. I want to see Nadia again. I miss her :( Watching season 4 again reminds me of her. I miss Vaughn too, but that is just a given. And of course how could I not miss Weiss? Okay, I'm depressing myself :blink: *slaps self in the head*

I gave this episode a good, but I didn't feel that it deserved anything different. The main thing that I'm not liking this season is the different cast, but I'm aslo not liking how the episodes are ending. There are no big cliff hangers that makes you thinking and specualting about next week. Nothing really that interesting is being said either, except little things like, Sloane is evil, but I think we already knew that :confused: :blink: :P .

I'm not really sure how I feel about the episdoe at this moment :thinking:

~Andrea :angelic:

I felt this episode was good....not great but much better then last week

Tom is starting to grow on me. He's sort of a rebel and take charge
kind of guy...not bad on the eyes either!!!
Rachel's character is not really doing anything for me
they're trying to turn her into Syd but she's just kinda blah.
I really like Renee for some reason...kinda good and bad at the same time
Glad to see the old Sloane coming back
Very curious what Dixon and Jack are up to

I'm still hanging in each week and keeping an open mind but I really
haven't seen anything that really grabs me...ya know??

I thought the episode was one of the better ones.
Renee's hair does look crazy
Kickboxer baby :lol:
Tom is going higher in my book and is looking very good
Sloane is bad as usual
Rachel is okay, but i'm ready to see her in true spy action
Jack trusting Sloane could burn him again;
I'm wondering who the phone call was from?? (when he met Sloane)
They just gotta have some crazy medical thing going on each season; cryogenic freezing and brain transplants..wonder what they will think of next

All in all a pretty cool episode

i gave it a 3 it was a okay episode...but what is really pissing me off is like there completly shoving off vaughn they just dropped him i mean cmon what the hell is that.he has been with the show since the beginning and hes just gone...okay got tha out of my system im good lol

yawn....I'm down right bored. Especially since Syd has become Master of the Obvious.....Renee: "I have a military radio." Syd: "Let's use it to call for help." Ya, think? No sh*t, Syd. My God, she's as stupid as Vaughn was in season 3.

i loved the ep!!! after a long time....this whole season its been one disappointment after another.....i was really startign to loose faith....

i mean it wasn't the greatest...but compared to the felgercarb we've been fed lately this was great.

i still cant stand the new people....

Lol the new guy ui like him hes okay...But i still want vaughn back goddamnit...i heard he signed back on is this true?

i think he's guest starring in the 7th episode.....but i havent seen anything else.

It was okay. I'm still not totally blown away yet, but I'm sure the writers are getting there, and I hope that evil Sloane is back!

It was good, but not great. That was last week's episode. This episode was good, but like someone said before, not as intense. I was still intrigued, although I was a bit distracted the last half (I really had to go to the bathroom :lol:smiley:. I *heart* Renee. She rocks. But her dad is not her dad? That doctor dude. Hmm. I wonder who he is. Evil Sloane. I love Evil Sloane. I remember back in S1 and 2, I never really liked Sloane, but now I love him. It's weird. And Sydney didn't seem to have much to this episode and it just felt different. But it was still good. The episode in 2 weeks actually looks quite good, since I am still warming up to Rachel.

The episode was so-so. I like Rachel and I think her role is growing along with Tom. I'm kind of excited to see her in alias "In my tiny dress" in the next episode. But we all know that neither one of them will replace either Syd or Vaughn. I wasn't surprised to see Sloane in his usual role, blackmailing someone else to get what he wants, but he probably has something up his sleeve to make things right with APO and what not.
It took me a while to catch on to everything that was going on though, I have seen all the episodes except the second one this season (....1....) and it kind of came back and bit me in the butt in the end.

Men, Women, Children, lend me your ears. Let us not be disenchanted with the grim ratings/plot ramifications the writers of Alias have so viciously imposed upon us. Let us unite as one, join hands for a better Alias.

Let us smoke the foliage of a thousand canibus plants and become intoxicated on the absurdness that Alias is. We cannot take seriously the decisions of the writers, we cannot let them sway us.

True fandom goes beyond bad writing and poor plot choices. True fandom is being there in the hard times and sticking together as a mighty tree in the eye of a storm, boundless in strength, survivng all that is thrown upon us. WILL NO ONE STAND WITH ME!?!

IS THERE NO ONE WHO WILL STAY TRUE...?

Join me or be crushed by your own expectations!

EndlessAliasFan#1

I was bored :asleep: too much Tom for me don't like him.
Rachel seemed iffy in this ep to me. like she was evil but that's just me.

Back